AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-16, 04:23   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The basket club is never going to get rid of the "lolicon club" moniker, is it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 05:15   Link #282
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
I can imagine Subaru and Tomoka will become husband and wife.

Does Maho call Tomoka, Mokan and call herself Maho-Maho? Are there any others?

And I do not have any knowledge of basketball. I'm kind of lonely.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 05:28   Link #283
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ¯\(º_o)/¯
It's alright, all you need to understand this episode is:
  1. they abused Airi's height because no one on the boys' team is that freaking tall at all
  2. in response, the boys' team pull an extra defender to help guard Airi
  3. this means someone else on the girls' team is being left unguarded (since they've used an extra player to guard Airi)
  4. this unguarded person pretty much gets to shoot for free (blue hair goggles and/or genki blonde. Yea i don't know their names )
  5. girls get tired in the 2nd half

Basketball animation still isn't anything to write home about, disappointingly enough. It's all been cookie cutter stuff that other non-basketball shows usually resort to anyway... =/
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2011-07-16 at 05:38.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 05:47   Link #284
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It's alright, all you need to understand this episode is:

1. They abused Airi's height because no one on the boy's team is that freaking tall at all
I do hope Airi overcomes her height complex, though. It would be great if she realizes that her size is actually an asset in sports, especially basketball.

Quote:
2. In response, the boy's team put an extra defender to try and deal with Airi.
3. This means someone else on the girls team is being left unguarded
Yeah, it pretty much happens when somebody on the offense is double-teamed. All the ball-handler has to do is to find the open man as a result of that double-team so he/she can shoot without anybody guarding him/her. And that's how you play basketball, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote:
4. This unguarded person pretty much gets to shoot for free (blue hair goggles and genki blonde. Yea i don't know their names )
5. Girls get tired in the 2nd half
4. Well, shall we name them for everybody:

Subaru - the coach
Pink-haired basketball ace - Tomoka
Blue-haired goggles - Saki
Yellow-haired Genki - Maho
Smallest gal in the group - Hinata

5. True. One clear advantage that the boys have is endurance, which the girls obviously lack of. But with constant proper diet, exercise, and training, girls can pretty much keep up with the boys in terms of endurance.

Back in my grade school days, our gym teacher used to hold boys vs. girls contests ion any exercise or sport we engaged ourselves into. We even played cops and robbers during our free time.

But hey, cops and robbers isn't basketball. It's just that B-ball isn't traditionally played by women only until in the recent decades with the WNBA.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 06:26   Link #285
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
The boys would ignore Hinata. Tomoka and Airi are the ones that the boys would keep there eyes on. Based on Subaru's observation, Saki and Maho will get better in no time, so if the boys finds out those two capabability sooner, the more possible the girls might lose.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 06:43   Link #286
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No, Hinata's apparently going to be a venus fly trap. And I have to wonder how the training for that want. I can already see a "Lolicon Coach" nickname for Subaru...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 06:50   Link #287
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
omg.... I don't want to be a lolicon because loving this anime.... hahaha

I love the tactics... I don't know how Subaru can develop such variety of tactics to use everyone's special characteristics.... even though I want to see Subaru using Hinata to distract the enemy's captain... hahaha

Girl vs Boy?? stamina matters..... it's obvious
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:06   Link #288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
omg.... I don't want to be a lolicon because loving this anime.... hahaha

I love the tactics... I don't know how Subaru can develop such variety of tactics to use everyone's special characteristics.... even though I want to see Subaru using Hinata to distract the enemy's captain... hahaha
It's only two tactics. Well, one and a half:
- pass to Airi near the hoop so she can use her height to score.
- if Airi's covered with two guys, pass to Saki or Maho who've trained to shoot from one spot.
Quote:
Girl vs Boy?? stamina matters..... it's obvious
I don't think it's a matter of girl vs boy so much as a matter of "training seriously for months or years" vs "training seriously for a week".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:37   Link #289
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
In consideration to the girls' unique traits, Subaru used a 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense. The playbook is shown here:

Spoiler for :


Since the girls have only Airi as the "big man", this type of offense suits better for them since Subaru had Saki and Maho do jump shooting drills, Airi "Challenge Shot" drills, and Tomoka "Attack Basket" drills.

Because they can only depend on Airi for rebounding and shot-blocking, a perimeter-oriented playbook is better suited for the girls as Tomoka is the only experienced player in their team.

In addition, Tomoka shines as a point forward under this system, being able to play multiple positions, including the quintessential point guard, looking for the open man first, then creating her own shot if there is no one open to shoot.

One way to utilize the 4-1 offense is to deal with double teams. We know that whenever a double team is employed, there will always be a player left open for a shot. All the ball handler has to do is to find that open man, attack the rim through the open space left by the defense, or settle for a perimeter shot as a last resort.

Example of 4-1 Offense:

Spoiler for 2011 Dallas Mavericks:
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 08:12   Link #290
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ¯\(º_o)/¯
How the hell you even managed to discern the type of offense they're running is way beyond me, since the show pretty much makes no effort in elaborating on that department at all. But kudos and props to you i guess lol
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 11:14   Link #291
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well hopefully Subaru came up with a plan to help them in the second half. The stamina issue was clear the moment they got half way through the game. Can't be helped since the girls have only been doing serious training for a short period while the boys have been playing in real games for a lot longer. I'm sure this was one reason why Subaru didn't think they had a chance to win. All things even they can hold their own using this strategy, but now it's not even. Might be time to use Hinata's 'skills' . Need the opposition team distracted and not moving as effectively.

Solid move tricking Airi a little. Really they don't have the time to deal with her complex and train for the match. Will be good for her eventually when she realizes how useful her height is.

Building up slightly things between Subaru and Tomoka. Just zeroing in on the part about her being in a bath.

Plus..."MEDIC!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
How the hell you even managed to discern the type of offense they're running is way beyond me, since the show pretty much makes no effort in elaborating on that department at all. But kudos and props to you i guess lol
I barely get basketball and I thought it was fairly obvious what they were trying to do there. Seeing the position that Subaru had Maho and Saki stand at during practice and how close Airi was to the net. Definitely didn't throw overhead shots of the area to give a better view, but did enough.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 11:42   Link #292
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
"Elementary schoolers are the best!"

I seriously choked on my drink when he said that
It sounded sooooo wrong, especially since he was shown not to be completely impervious to the girls' "charm" in this episode, unlike what I thought. He first fell for Hinata's cuteness, and then when Tomoka mentioned she just took a bath, his reaction was... yeah. There was also that scene where he blushed after putting his hands on Tomoka's shoulders. His inner lolicon is definitely awakening.

Moving on to the basketball. I liked how he psychologically manipulated Airi, even if that wasn't exactly a commendable thing to do. The results were outstanding. If she could get over her height complex, she could become a very solid player. Given the short time he had, it was a good idea to train Saki and Maho to shoot from only one specific area of the field. As for Hinata, I guess her main role will be to tag and distract captain Shota, since he's in love with her.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 12:05   Link #293
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
What is with Basket and lolicon, anyway?
Spoiler for Baby Love:

Spoiler for Marimite:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 13:12   Link #294
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 30
As expected, shota team has higher stamina. But the female team has Subaru's coaching skills and loli appeal that's bound to come handy sooner or later. Quite an even match.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 13:23   Link #295
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I just know Subaru has something in store with Hinata for the match. Either way, his inner-lolicon is starting to show up more and more, especially around Tomoka While it can already be decided that Airi will feel horrible later on in the series when the truth eventually hits her. Of course Subaru can still try to deceive her, although it would be prolonging that inevitible. I think a good nickname for Tomoka will eventually appear
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 18:49   Link #296
demonkevy666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: the bowls of hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I just know Subaru has something in store with Hinata for the match. Either way, his inner-lolicon is starting to show up more and more, especially around Tomoka While it can already be decided that Airi will feel horrible later on in the series when the truth eventually hits her. Of course Subaru can still try to deceive her, although it would be prolonging that inevitible. I think a good nickname for Tomoka will eventually appear
LOL someone list the nick names from the nurse.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 20:19   Link #297
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
LOL someone list the nick names from the nurse.
Airi: Prismatic Bird(I think)
Maho: Fire Works
Saki: Ice Age
Hinata: Innocent Charm
Tomoka: currently undecided.

Don't know about basketball and loli, though the grade schooler in Baby Love was able to fool several people for a while, and I could imagine that height has something to do with it. The best girls in many sport teams are quite tall, and often have a tendency to be very slender, making it a little hard to judge the age. Actual knowledge should stop the guys though.

And as I mentioned it seems that "point guard" Hinata is currently meant to simply stay out of the way and wait for her role to come. A role that I imagine will be rather unpleasant for Natsuhi. Would be nice to see Maho get mad about that too, since the first-name basis seems to suggest that she's actually quite close to the guy.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 21:01   Link #298
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I barely get basketball and I thought it was fairly obvious what they were trying to do there. Seeing the position that Subaru had Maho and Saki stand at during practice and how close Airi was to the net. Definitely didn't throw overhead shots of the area to give a better view, but did enough.
In all likelihood that’s probably the closest thing to what they’ve ended up doing unconsciously anyway, coincidentally enough. But to say that as though it were fact, you can’t, because based on what the show has provided there’s really no way to confirm it as so. All the show ever does is just show upper body shots of random running, shooting and passing. You have no relation of their exact court position at all because it’s hardly ever shown.

You can work out that Airi will be camping under the basket (obviously enough), and likewise that Saki and Maho will be doing the same for their spots on the elbows, but other than those three you really can’t confirm where Hinata and Tomoka is suppose to be at all.

You can make an educated guess that they’d standing around the perimeter area as well but how can you tell for sure?
How do you know for sure that either one or both isn’t/aren’t playing the inside as well?
How do you know for sure that they aren’t doing something like a 1-3-1 type offense instead?
How do you know for sure that Hinata isn’t relegated to a safety to cover fast breaks and isn’t part of the offense at all?
You can’t be sure if any of those are either true or false because the show makes no attempt at addressing where Hinata or Tomoka is meant to be, because dare I say it isn’t as important.

It doesn’t matter what they’re both doing because the teams' main strategy so far of ‘abuse Airi’s height until she gets doubled teamed then kick it out to the open person for a wide-open shot’ will still apply regardless.

tl;dr
You can’t confirm nor verify their exact offense for sure, because the show doesn’t provide anything to proof it. The closest statement one could make to fact would be an educated/reasonable guess in this regard.

EDIT: Boys coach is also dumb, because if they had to leave one of the girls open, it should be Hinata who doesn't seem like she can do anything lol
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 01:27   Link #299
kemal_1915
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hong Kong
I'm so disappointed
fan-service? not interested but I am okay with that (I'm not lolicon. I like mature woman.)
basketball match? poorly done, bad adaptation
I can feel the excitement through text but I can't feel the same in the anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
It doesn’t matter what they’re both doing because the teams' main strategy so far of ‘abuse Airi’s height until she gets doubled teamed then kick it out to the open person for a wide-open shot’ will still apply regardless.

tl;dr
You can’t confirm nor verify their exact offense for sure, because the show doesn’t provide anything to proof it. The closest statement one could make to fact would be an educated/reasonable guess in this regard.

EDIT: Boys coach is also dumb, because if they had to leave one of the girls open, it should be Hinata who doesn't seem like she can do anything lol
Spoiler for game plan:


um... I don't know what i should expect in the following ep
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 02:05   Link #300
brocko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
I'm so disappointed
fan-service? not interested but I am okay with that (I'm not lolicon. I like mature woman.)
basketball match? poorly done, bad adaptation
I can feel the excitement through text but I can't feel the same in the anime



Spoiler for game plan:


um... I don't know what i should expect in the following ep
Er... that's a lot of stuff to have left out then, which makes the boys team look deceptively bad, unnecessarily. If it's not touched upon by the end of the game that's a poor job on the anime's part like you said =/ Thanks for the heads up.
__________________

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.