AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-11-23, 04:32   Link #2561
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shu doesn't have what it takes to be a good antagonist. Having a plot twist for the sake of surprises doesn't necessarily make it good.
I completely agree; trying being a good protagonist first that people can support, trust and rely on before trying to be a villain because it doesn't get any easier -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
True. But then if he were to have a happy ending, it would be a waste of a very GAR title. I mean it's "GUILTY CROWN", he must be, at least, guilty of something.
I believe it was mentioned in the promo or something that it's the guilt of using your friends as weapons.

Last edited by Solace; 2011-11-23 at 10:20. Reason: Removed spoilers from another series.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 06:39   Link #2562
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Spoiler for very sexy Inori:
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 07:53   Link #2563
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shu doesn't have what it takes to be a good antagonist. Having a plot twist for the sake of surprises doesn't necessarily make it good.
Agree. Shu is the only protagonist at this point, for him to become an antagonist would mean there would be 0 protagonists, which then means he's not an antagonist since the definition of antagonist is that it's something/someone that goes against the protagonist; turning "evil" is not sufficient to be an antagonist.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:23   Link #2564
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for very sexy Inori:
Excuse me while I go find a bottle of alcohol and a lighter for DRAGUN here.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:31   Link #2565
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for very sexy Inori:
I'll now have to go to Tvtropes and find Brain Bleach, thank you very much....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:34   Link #2566
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for very sexy Inori:
I know I've compared Shu with Doraemon before, but this is just...gah!
Spoiler for AArgh, my childhood!:
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:43   Link #2567
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I believe it was mentioned in the promo or something that it's the guilt of using your friends as weapons.
Which promo? And are you referring to that:

The right to use my friend as a weapon.
That is the sinful crown
I shall adorn.
I accept this "guilt."

Found it here.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:56   Link #2568
Tohyama
Noblesse Oblige Regalia
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Which promo? And are you referring to that:

The right to use my friend as a weapon.
That is the sinful crown
I shall adorn.
I accept this "guilt."

Found it here.
I think that's for Gai.
__________________
Tohyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 09:00   Link #2569
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I completely agree; trying being a good protagonist first that people can support, trust and rely on before trying to be a villain because it doesn't get any easier -_-
Just because you're intending to do something doesn't mean you're doing it right. Just like how I don't think Shu being a "realistic hero" is being done well, I don't think any eventual betrayal by Shu is being set up very well either. In addition to making you care about the character, you have to establish the character as hopeful first. I can't recall one time Shu has been hopeful (even Lelouch had hopeful moments before he became all evil and fabulously cool), so we're going to have to wait a bit if that's what the anime is leading to.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Solace; 2011-11-23 at 10:21. Reason: Removed spoilers.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 10:39   Link #2570
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama View Post
I think that's for Gai.
Doesn't make sense if it is for Gai though.

It looks more like a phrase linked to the power of the king. The one belonging to Shu. ...but who know.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-11-23 at 11:10.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 12:34   Link #2571
Tohyama
Noblesse Oblige Regalia
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Doesn't make sense if it is for Gai though.

It looks more like a phrase linked to the power of the king. The one belonging to Shu. ...but who know.
Spoiler for Possible spoiler:
__________________
Tohyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 14:28   Link #2572
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohyama View Post
Spoiler for Possible spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 15:41   Link #2573
pinoscotto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
i think voids and the virus are linked some way, so it's possible that extract a void can cause infection to the owner
the "guilty" would be clear this way
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 15:54   Link #2574
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
i think voids and the virus are linked some way, so it's possible that extract a void can cause infection to the owner
the "guilty" would be clear this way
It is possible....but if this is the case does not mean that Gai would be a hypocrite?

Anyway ...
You know there's something that bothers me.
We know what Shu feel about Inori and initially I thought it was because he is a great fans of her and because she has proved to be kind to him not to mention the things she said.
So I was wondering it's really just for this that Shu has developed these feelings for Inori soquickly or there is more?
I was wondering if in fact it was not for the other girl we saw in this episode 6....or perhaps for everything I've said so far?

What do you guys think?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:16   Link #2575
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
It is possible....but if this is the case does not mean that Gai would be a hypocrite?
Hm. What would the contradiction be to make him a hypocrite?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 16:50   Link #2576
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hm. What would the contradiction be to make him a hypocrite?
Well....If draw out the weapons Void can really cause the apocalypse virus and if that girl which resembles Inori was really infected by that virus.And Gai would keep Shu using the Void weampons even knowing that...I would call it hypocrisy, especially knowing the suffering that this virus causes. After all, it seems that Gai was very fond of that girl we saw that he continues to hold up her cross not counting what he said to Inori.This is why I said so ,at least he not plan on giving all the blame on Shu, and this would be even worse.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 17:26   Link #2577
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Anyway ...
You know there's something that bothers me.
We know what Shu feel about Inori and initially I thought it was because he is a great fans of her and because she has proved to be kind to him not to mention the things she said.
So I was wondering it's really just for this that Shu has developed these feelings for Inori soquickly or there is more?
She is smoking hot and walks around half-naked. That's about it. A teenager doesn't need much more than that to develop feelings for a girl.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 19:53   Link #2578
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She is smoking hot and walks around half-naked. That's about it. A teenager doesn't need much more than that to develop feelings for a girl.
Why do I think of a gender-reversed version of Twilight whenever somebody says that?
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:01   Link #2579
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Why do I think of a gender-reversed version of Twilight whenever somebody says that?
Huh? Which male in Twilight walks around half-naked?

Also I have a query?

I was told that the void weapon is turning genetic information into computer data and transforming it into a weapon.

Then another one told me its a person's emotions.

Which is it?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 21:33   Link #2580
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth...hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Huh? Which male in Twilight walks around half-naked?
I'm mostly going by the movies with this, but quite a lot of them. Actually, practically all of them. It's like a gender-reversed harem anime the more I look at it.

But getting back on track with Guilty Crown, I have no idea what the voids are. I don't think they explained it either. Hopefully, it will come up in the future.
__________________

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.