AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 01:39   Link #301
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

If this is anything that has at least similar promises as Code Geass, I won't watch it... OH WAIT...

VAs are certainly good, but remember Studio Deen and XEBEC. They always cast the most famous voice actor/actresses, only to fail.
Old 2011-09-28, 05:35   Link #302
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Okay...for one this isn't Studio DEEN or XEBEC, and they have a problem of always being stuck with incompetent staffs by Geneon or whoever else they're working with. Guilty Crown has a more than competent staff with a better studio and publishing company behind it. By the way, the only reason Geass turned out the way it did (which is up for debate to whether it was bad or not anyway) is because of Bandai and Sunrise executive. Yoshiyuki and Okouchi don't have to worry about Aniplex getting in the way of their creative control, Aniplex execs are known to be pretty hands-off as far as creative control goes.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:55   Link #303
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Could you advise me some anime with Sawano Hiroyuki's music to get more into his work?
At least where his songs are as memorable as in Exorcist.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:03   Link #304
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Could you advise me some anime with Sawano Hiroyuki's music to get more into his work?
At least where his songs are as memorable as in Exorcist.
Gundam Unicorn is the only one on the same level as Exorcist imo. Here's a good write up of it with a couple of samples throughout.

http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net...itcher=desktop

His work history copied from ANN

Staff in:
Blue Exorcist (TV) : Music
Brighter than the Dawning Blue (TV) : Music, Theme Song Composition (OP)
Guilty Crown (TV) : Music
Kishin Taisen Gigantic Formula (TV) : Music
Mobile Suit Gundam UC (OAV) : Music
Sengoku Basara (TV) : Music
Soul Link (TV) : Music
Zombie-Loan (TV) : Music
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 10:08   Link #305
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Yeah, thanks, I know abot this list but I've scrolled through some reviews and most people are saying (at least in "Brighter than the Dawning Blue", "Soul Link" and "Zombie-Loan") that the music is so-so or not that memorable...
Also, is it safe to watch Gundam UC outside of other Gundam series? 'Cause I'm really not into this Gundam stuff.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:17   Link #306
Westlo
Lets be reality

Entirely safe to watch unicorn and highly recommended. But yeah unicorn and exorcise are where he took his work to another level, hopefully GC continues that.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:22   Link #307
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Okay, thanks alot!
I still have plenty of time before GC start
Old 2011-09-28, 21:22   Link #308
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Okay...for one this isn't Studio DEEN or XEBEC, and they have a problem of always being stuck with incompetent staffs by Geneon or whoever else they're working with. Guilty Crown has a more than competent staff with a better studio and publishing company behind it. By the way, the only reason Geass turned out the way it did (which is up for debate to whether it was bad or not anyway) is because of Bandai and Sunrise executive. Yoshiyuki and Okouchi don't have to worry about Aniplex getting in the way of their creative control, Aniplex execs are known to be pretty hands-off as far as creative control goes.
Well... what I was saying that looking at seiyuus isn't really the best way to anticipate the series. That was my real point.

---------

Anyway, this series already have hell a lot of rabid followers I guess. Oh well. :/ I personally think if this succeeds the problem that Code Geass initially had, it will definitely not fit my taste. What the hell. Seriously people, OPINIONS!
Old 2011-10-01, 00:46   Link #309
dark998

This by itself doesn't add a lot of the whole Guilty Crown spectrum, but it is a nice extra to look forward to:

Spoiler for image:
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 01:43   Link #310
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

http://www.egoist-inori.jp/
Also this.
Old 2011-10-01, 02:00   Link #311
iceyfw

i expect noitamina to have fully explored the holes and advantages of the protagonist's so called 'power' based on duckrolls short description of each character. i'd be facepalming if he just receives the item manifested from his friendship with others and nothing else happens to the item in question if his bonds become stronger or his friendship immediately gets shattered /facepalm.

but the second trailer does draw me in. the timing of the music and shit going down the fan while the text is zooming out was beautifully done and executed. i expect the same when it airs. also the whole 'i don't stay close to my friends because of my power' had better change after 2 episodes. i'd rather watch or do something else instead of listening to him moaning and groaning about it past 3 episodes. then again this is noitamina, so i wouldn't expect this to happen. maybe.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2011-10-01 at 02:10.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 06:52   Link #312
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Megami
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 07:30   Link #313
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Anyone else really hyped for this mostly because of the VAs?

Ai Kayano's voice is rapidly climbing the charts for me. Previous season(s) Isana, Hibino, and Ayaka are all excellent characters, but something about her voice intrinsically just clicks with me. Last VA I found such resonance is from Megumi Hayashibara. I'm so glad this season I have 4 shows that coincide with her work.
Ai Kayano is quickly climbing the ranks for me, one of the more impressive debut years I've seen. After I watched the first episode of Merry I quickly checked ANN/MAL to see who was voicing Isana, I thought she was voiced rather well and was curious to see what else she had done before that, was surprised to see that was her first role. (Actually it could've been Itsuwa from Index II but I'm not sure what episode she first appeared in that season).

So I was hoping to hear her in a few more roles this year and she definitely delivered in that regard.. and with only a few roles she showed she has some versatility behind her. Menma in AnoHana, Roman in Sket Dance, Hibino in Kamisama Dolls and now she's got the lead female role here. Tbh I'm not to fond of her voice from what I heard in PV2 but I'll see how it plays out.
Old 2011-10-02, 01:43   Link #314
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
New key visual updated today:

CAN. NOT. WAIT.
This looks damned good and with Nitro+ making a spinoff VN to boot.....I hope it doesn't disappoint
Old 2011-10-03, 06:36   Link #315
jcdietz03

Do we know what the mecha in this look like yet?

EDIT: Found it here.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 06:58   Link #316
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is it one character have mecha or they attacking mecha without mecha
Old 2011-10-03, 07:19   Link #317
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I hope that the director who brought us the god-awful HOTD won't screw this anime up.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 07:20   Link #318
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post

EDIT: Found it here.
You can also find pictures (and information 'bout them) on the link in my signature.
Old 2011-10-03, 09:34   Link #319
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
I hope that the director who brought us the god-awful HOTD won't screw this anime up.
HOTD is completely irrelevant to Guilty Crown considering it followed the manga for the most part, your issue with it would more than likely be with the source material than anything the director did. An example of a director making things suck would be Junji Nishimura and the first season of Nurarihyon no Mago.
Old 2011-10-04, 01:04   Link #320
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
There are different types. One of them looks like this:

duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig