AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: WILL KABUTO BECOME A SENIN
YES 8 11.76%
NO 55 80.88%
MAYBE 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-29, 17:09   Link #41
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
ok lil man, you dont pay enough attention to get the underlying tones of the story at all, jsut go back to being a newb-fanboi, and leave the harder stuff to the ppl who know better

This is what I figured. You can't come up with one spec of information that supports your point so you resort to insults.

Ya your a real genius.
__________________
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:10   Link #42
Hairydolphin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Well the stuff I say is fact, the stuff that comes out of your mouth is just bs that you created in your own head.

Nothing that you say has any basis or support behind it. Go on making up your own imaginary situations in this little world of yours.

I will continue to stick to facts as I make my posts.
Eh...he gave just as much support as you did, you both are just assuming because the manga hasn't made anything 100% clear yet about Itachi's strenght vs everyone else. So its pointless arguing who is stronger...so lets not turn this into yet another vs thread.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:11   Link #43
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
lol faboi, i already told you, Oro thinks that jutsu = strength, he says it himself, and everyone knows that kno0wing a jutsu doesnt make u strong, but Oro thinks it does, therefore, in Oro's fucked up mind he thinks that whoever has the sharingan has "limitless" power, so anything he says about strength cant be taken as truth at all, Oro is insane, im right, you're wrong, grow up and face it, Itachi isnt the god you sharingan-fanbois wish he was
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:12   Link #44
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
Eh...he gave just as much support as you did, you both are just assuming because the manga hasn't made anything 100% clear yet about Itachi's strenght vs everyone else. So its pointless arguing who is stronger...so lets not turn this into yet another vs thread.
What part about Orochimaru saying ITACHI IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN I AM is unclear.

Please enlighten me.

HOW THE HELL would I be an Itachi fanboi you blind moron, look at my avatar and sig you idiot. Orochimaru is my favorite character.
__________________
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:14   Link #45
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
he never said itachi was more powerful, he said he couldnt beat him, theres a difference
__________________
Dragon Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:17   Link #46
Hairydolphin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
What part about Orochimaru saying ITACHI IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN I AM is unclear.

Please enlighten me.

HOW THE HELL would I be an Itachi fanboi you blind moron, look at my avatar and sig you idiot. Orochimaru is my favorite character.
And Naruto said he couldn't beat Gaara, but look thats not the point. The point is you both don't have enough information to judge who would win so its pointless. I'm not going to get into this argument of Oro vs Itachi, I'm just saying arguing it is stupid.
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:20   Link #47
Kayess
Guy From Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 28
Based on what has been given in the manga, Itachi appears to be stronger than Oro. I will not be so bold as to believe anything but what has been said because beyond the text provided, everything is interpretation. It is not clear whether Itachi IS infact stronger than Oro, or Oro is just afraid of Itachi because of Itachi's abilities and bloodline. Because of this lack of information, it is wisest just to assume one of the few statements about his strength to be correct until it is proved wrong.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:20   Link #48
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
he never said itachi was more powerful, he said he couldnt beat him, theres a difference

Try actually reading it this time http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.p...=chapter140_05
__________________
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:21   Link #49
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
Actually Orochimaru says it twice.
One to Kabuto when he says "Itachi is even more powerful than i am"
And another to Jiraiya "I Can't beat the Sharingan User who is heir to the Uchiha"
But like Dragon Flame said since Oro definition of Strength is the number of jutsu's you can perform perhaps we better not take Oro words by the letter.
So it comes to either you believe he is stronger because of Orochimaru statements or either you think Oro is only counting the Jutsu's in which case he probably isn't stronger.
Either way no use arguing or insulting each other over this.
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:33   Link #50
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
lol faboi, i already told you, Oro thinks that jutsu = strength, he says it himself, and everyone knows that kno0wing a jutsu doesnt make u strong, but Oro thinks it does, therefore, in Oro's fucked up mind he thinks that whoever has the sharingan has "limitless" power, so anything he says about strength cant be taken as truth at all, Oro is insane, im right, you're wrong, grow up and face it, Itachi isnt the god you sharingan-fanbois wish he was
This one is actually a theory of Vicious-san who i disagree the most. Itachi is stronger than Oro, why would mangake remind it twice? One time was enough, but he let Oro say it twice. He points out Itachi is stronger don't fuck with him. Plus my favourite character is Naruto im a Naruto fanboi not Itachi
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:54   Link #51
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
There you have it... Oro himself admitted that in his current body he is weaker than Itachi. And oro doesn't think that strength is only in the number of jutsus you know, it's simply his ambition to live forever and learn all jutsus. Oro is powerful enough to reanimate corpses and return them to their previous strength. He can summon Manda and that legendary sword(forgot the name). He can steal people's bodies with a jutsu. His snakebinding jutsu was strong enough to keep Monkey King Enma tied up on the ground. It's not just how many jutsus he knows, it's the level of his jutsus that makes him so strong. Even his kawarimi is impressive.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 17:58   Link #52
kingakbar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I agree with the Crazy Orochimaru theory. He has a infatuation with the Bloodline Limit Abilities, and the Sharingan is one of the most feared, and the most useful for what he wants to accomplish, so of course he is going to overestimate it's power. All evil geniuses overestimate the power of what they want, and underestimate their enemies. Orochimaru isn't as smart as some think, so don't take his word for it, no matter how many times he reiterates how great Itachi is.
kingakbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:06   Link #53
bobofet
Blue Pheasant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
this thread reminds me of 1 word: "fotonio"!


and haven't we had enough of "itachi is stronger than oro" threads...damn it's getting really tiring


pakkun vs sakura! 5 bucks on pakkun!
bobofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:19   Link #54
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingakbar
I agree with the Crazy Orochimaru theory. He has a infatuation with the Bloodline Limit Abilities, and the Sharingan is one of the most feared, and the most useful for what he wants to accomplish, so of course he is going to overestimate it's power. All evil geniuses overestimate the power of what they want, and underestimate their enemies. Orochimaru isn't as smart as some think, so don't take his word for it, no matter how many times he reiterates how great Itachi is.
I disagree. Oro is a man that might underestimate his enemy because he's cocky. He went into the fight with the 3rd thinking he's gonna have a clean voctory. He ended up with no arms at the end. When he faced off with Jiraya he expected to beat him too, but guess what no luck there either, he just ended up getting manda really pissed off. For someone as cunning and powerful as Oro to admit that someone is stronger ... then that someone most likely IS stronger. Don't forget that Oro is an ex member of the Akatsuki. He's been around Itachi for long enough to get an estimate on his strenght.
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:30   Link #55
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Try actually reading it this time There is no url b/c the manga is licensed
*cough*

If Itachi IS better than Oro, I'm going to guess it's not by leaps and bounds. With Oro's new body, Itachi may not be stronger anymore. Before, it was a 18-year old against a fifty-something year old. Now that Oro has the stamina of a younger, stronger person, the power difference isn't quite as huge. I would guess also that Oro knows more high-level jutsu than Itachi, while the Uchiha knows more mid-level jutsu from different countries. Quality vs quantity, though the quantity isn't bad.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 18:37   Link #56
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I disagree. Oro is a man that might underestimate his enemy because he's cocky. He went into the fight with the 3rd thinking he's gonna have a clean voctory. He ended up with no arms at the end. When he faced off with Jiraya he expected to beat him too, but guess what no luck there either, he just ended up getting manda really pissed off. For someone as cunning and powerful as Oro to admit that someone is stronger ... then that someone most likely IS stronger. Don't forget that Oro is an ex member of the Akatsuki. He's been around Itachi for long enough to get an estimate on his strenght.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

This is 100pct accurate.
__________________
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:10   Link #57
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
*cough*

If Itachi IS better than Oro, I'm going to guess it's not by leaps and bounds. With Oro's new body, Itachi may not be stronger anymore. Before, it was a 18-year old against a fifty-something year old. Now that Oro has the stamina of a younger, stronger person, the power difference isn't quite as huge. I would guess also that Oro knows more high-level jutsu than Itachi, while the Uchiha knows more mid-level jutsu from different countries. Quality vs quantity, though the quantity isn't bad.
What does make you believe that? just because Oro used some Kinjutsu in his fight against the 3rd doesn't mean Itachi has less than him infact Itachi has more Quality jutsu's(high level jutsu's) than Oro in my opinion and that makes sense. Itachi mastered the Sharingan so basicly he can copy all the jutsu's now even
Spoiler:
i think
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:27   Link #58
Sethi
StormRider
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portugal
Is it just me or i had like a wild tought about this thread being a poll about Kabuto,*checks posts* no nothing here about Kabuto well guess i was wrong, silly me from getting this ideas, where the hell did i got the idea from i really don't know.
__________________
-------- Child's Of The Street Ride With Death Wish ---------

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:29   Link #59
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Is it just me or i had like a wild tought about this thread being a poll about Kabuto,*checks posts* no nothing here about Kabuto well guess i was wrong, silly me from getting this ideas, where the hell did i got the idea from i really don't know.
There is only so far we can go with Kabuto , Oro is an even more interesting mofo
__________________
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 19:49   Link #60
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
What does make you believe that? just because Oro used some Kinjutsu in his fight against the 3rd doesn't mean Itachi has less than him infact Itachi has more Quality jutsu's(high level jutsu's) than Oro in my opinion and that makes sense. Itachi mastered the Sharingan so basicly he can copy all the jutsu's now even
Spoiler:
i think
Itachi has the ABILITY to copy jutsus. That ability, however, is dependent on someone showing off those jutsus to him (whether in combat, or exhibition). If he hasn't seen Naruto perform Kagebunshin, then he can't copy it.

Even though Itachi can copy high-level jutsus, it doesn't necessarily mean he has. It isn't really up to him which jutsus his opponents use.

Plus (and I think I said this in a really old thread) just because he knows how a jutsu is performed doesn't mean he really knows how to use the jutsu.

Example: Itachi sees Naruto perform Kagebunshin.
Seems cool, right? *copies for future use*

Itachi's in a deathmatch against...I dunno...Oro, Kabuto, and Jiraiya?
Yeah, I know this alliance is pretty far-fetched, but bear with me here

Itachi: Kagebunshin no Jutsu!
*all of a sudden Itachi has ⅓ as much chakra*
Itachi: WTF just happened?
*due to Itachi's inexperience with using the jutsu, the clones take one hit and dissipate*

And now, because he didn't know how to properly use the jutsu/the drawbacks of the technique, Itachi has been left with ⅓ of his chakra against some very dangerous enemies.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.