AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-09, 10:10   Link #481
miketyson

I just had a thought: last episode we saw that you can snap someone out of Bettenou's tricks by giving them an electric shock, right?

At first this was bothering me: if Shinjurou and Kazamori suspect Bettenou's around, you'd think they'd set themselves back up with the shock gear, right?

But then I thought some more, and realized: when Shinjurou goes to visit the TV producer and the TV producer is experimenting with the microwave, he explicitly discusses the way that that microwave cannon would've generated a bunch of electrical sparks from the metal in the building.

This makes me think that the immediate aftermath of the bombing may contain a moment of truth.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:12   Link #482
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought it was pretty obvious it's the cop guy (the one who tried to arrest a fridge) who has control of Bettenou now, you can see him giving her orders when Inga is looking for the hospital and there are a ton of arrows pointing at him in the ED for some reason. So I guess Bettenou was masquerading as Kaishou first, then as the junior diet girl and finally as Inga which explains how Inga had Shinjurou's handkerchief back at his place.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 13:45   Link #483
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Everybody suspects it's Hayami, but what's his motive?
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 14:56   Link #484
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Everybody suspects it's Hayami, but what's his motive?
Hayami has been showing signs for a while now that he thinks Kaishou may be abusing his power. It's certainly feasible that he could simply be trying to take him down. Or he could have a more nefarious motive that isn't fully clear yet.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 08:30   Link #485
ookamigirl

Shinjurou looking for Bettenou.
Inga sure was wondering around a lot this time.
Proving Chairman's innocence was challenging.
Interesting episode!

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:37   Link #486
Haak
Forever Alone...

Yeah I also think it's Hayami. Regardless this was one terrific episode. I really like where this is going.
Old 2011-12-10, 18:23   Link #487
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Loving the music, especially the guitar + piano combination when the climax is coming. Awesomeness!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:19   Link #488
Guido

Because my memory failed to pick-up from the last episode, I was bombed over and over as to why they let it slip that Kaishou was seen at his home by Rie, but this piece was properly addressed from Rie to Shinjuurou, whom in turn recalled about Benettou's power.

If what you're theories are hold up to be the true....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:21   Link #489
arson88

The bigger question is why Inga went all the way to the location indicated by the map he was holding. Maybe something is wrong with Shinjuurou because Inga is acting on his own. Inga is scary because she sealed The Novelist mouth...
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 17:04   Link #490
lightbringer
M9000

Shinjurou gets hot headed as always when Kaishou is somehow involved. I think we can safely agree that Kaishou is not the one controlling Bettenou, that would simply be too easy and doesn't quite match up with what we've been shown on screen. It's not over yet but I think I'm already going to miss this show, especially Rie <3
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 17:41   Link #491
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
With all this confusion on the Kaishou that was at the studio, and the one at home. It's really stirring my brain trying to figure out what the main plan is. It does seem like Shinjurou has a personal issue with Kaishou, even suspecting him of keeping Bettenou. While I'm wondering what happened to Inga after that short encounter with Bettenou.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:52   Link #492
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I finally marathoned all 9 episodes today. And then I read all 25 pages of this thread. All i can say right now is that I'm hooked on this series.

Endless "Defeated" Soul
Old 2011-12-12, 04:48   Link #493
poisui

Just watched episode 9:

Based on the clues, Hayami is most likely the culprit. However, judging by how the series has been going, it is entirely possible that this is a red herring.

If Hayami really is the culprit, then his motive is something that hasn't been revealed yet.

What I am more interested in is why Inga is acting so weird. I am guessing that whoever is controlling Bettennou is trying to control Inga, or maybe that person is blackmailing Inga (blackmail would explain why Inga is so powerless in this episode).
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 05:55   Link #494
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Just watched episode 9:

Based on the clues, Hayami is most likely the culprit. However, judging by how the series has been going, it is entirely possible that this is a red herring.

If Hayami really is the culprit, then his motive is something that hasn't been revealed yet.

What I am more interested in is why Inga is acting so weird. I am guessing that whoever is controlling Bettennou is trying to control Inga, or maybe that person is blackmailing Inga (blackmail would explain why Inga is so powerless in this episode).
I honestly think that the reason why Inga is acting so weird isn't quite as deep as you suspect, but this only my opinion. I believe it's more so that Inga is actually quite afraid of Bettenou. Given that Inga typically seems to have more power than any and all around her, the fact that he/she is scared is quite interesting.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 13:34   Link #495
poisui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
I honestly think that the reason why Inga is acting so weird isn't quite as deep as you suspect, but this only my opinion. I believe it's more so that Inga is actually quite afraid of Bettenou. Given that Inga typically seems to have more power than any and all around her, the fact that he/she is scared is quite interesting.
Your theory is entirely possible. But if Inga is only scared of Bettennou, Inga should still be able to tell Shinjuurou what is going on and have him defeat Bettennou and the culprit.

Perhaps the reason why Inga is not telling Shinjuurou anything is because he/she "cannot" tell him, for some reason. That's what led me to my blackmail theory.

It is fun to read the various theories that we have come up with. I really like the interaction. 8D
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 00:41   Link #496
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Interesting place for Shinjuro to have a detective office.

In the ruins of Shinjuku. Only the brightest would bother to look there since the PSF has cordoned the area as an off-limits area. I'd bet the other wards near Shinjuku are also cordoned.

Spoiler for Photo space:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:37   Link #497
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

Am I the only one suspecting that Inga may not be Inga? I think her weird behaviour in this episode could be explained if:
1. She was switched by the Bettennou
2. She is afraid of Bettennou (or forced to keep quiet in some other way).

What about the hankerchief given by Shinjuurou to the little government-or-something lady? Wasn't it the same hankerchief that Inga had at home/office? I see something fishy here. Someone's not who they seem to be
Old 2011-12-13, 15:32   Link #498
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyBank View Post
Am I the only one suspecting that Inga may not be Inga? I think her weird behaviour in this episode could be explained if:
1. She was switched by the Bettennou
2. She is afraid of Bettennou (or forced to keep quiet in some other way).

What about the hankerchief given by Shinjuurou to the little government-or-something lady? Wasn't it the same hankerchief that Inga had at home/office? I see something fishy here. Someone's not who they seem to be
This is what I'm thinking as well. She's been replaced.

Endless "Something's Fishy!" Soul
Old 2011-12-14, 10:17   Link #499
arson88

The title of ep10 in Wiki is
Spoiler for Ep10 Title:
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 02:17   Link #500
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

1) While the TV station Kaishou can be explained by the dude who yelled that he's here, the one at home must be real; if that's the case, where did that hikikomori one go? I can't imagine both are fake because I don't think Bettenou can be at 2 places at once, nor was it shown that at any point Rie got bamboozled.
2) Hayami's motive can be very simple. Dude likes Koyama, and then he saw the picture leaks by Full Circle and got jealous. While seems like an incredibly weak motive compare to previous cases, could at least explain why Full Circle was mentioned. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

The biggest mystery/clue right now is obviously the handkerchief. I don't think the Inga that came back is fake. Bettenou's power focus too much on someone saying a statement. If Inga's not fake, then s/he must had contact with Kuramitsu, who can be fake. Inga was already at the hospital, so under Bettenou's power, everyone could be convinced that Inga is this diet member.

Spoiler for 10:

Though obviously this is the highlight of the episode (QFT etc.). Also feels bad so little people are watching this + horrible pre-order ranking = will probably not get the full story on Bettenou cause no continuation. I'm totally biased toward this series. I love all the OST + ED/OP; I love the characters and their designs; I love the VAs, and most importantly I love the story.

Why couldn't this be 2 cour?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aikawa, bones, mizushima, mystery, noitamina