AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-20, 00:43   Link #2121
Tenzen12
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It's out.

Rabac succesfully broke yet another flag and now it's battle between dog girl and Mein. So... which of them has bigger one and can we even trust to that?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 01:27   Link #2122
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
i kind off want incursio to evolve again , to me it looks like his helmet is combo of batman and mickey mouse ears o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 01:50   Link #2123
MC117
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Age: 19
I hope that they kill the girl with the dog next chapter, she's very irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's out.

Rabac succesfully broke yet another flag and now it's battle between dog girl and Mein. So... which of them has bigger one and can we even trust to that?
Tatsumi is there as well, he will also join the fight I think.
__________________
MC117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:50   Link #2124
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
You're not the only one that's hoping for pet girl to die...
She already live a long life... time for her to go...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:55   Link #2125
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
You're not the only one that's hoping for pet girl to die...
She already live a long life... time for her to go...
Wait how is she, isn't she one of the youngest around
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:58   Link #2126
Tenzen12
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Why are you so meens that poor girl? she just doing good deeds, helping and protect people! When Dexter does such thing everyone think he's awesome, but when it's cute and nice girl you would kill her of immidietely
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 05:01   Link #2127
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I don't want Seiryuu to die (even though she very well might). It would be just one more tragic victim of the war. CAUSED by the war, she isn't evil or malicious by nature.

What I'm happy about is that there now is a realistic chance that Esdese will finally learn the truth (about Tatsumi being Night Raid). That gives me hope that the storyline will finally substantially advance from the pure butchery of the last 10 chapters.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:20   Link #2128
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Rabac is alive.
It's the best part !
But the end ... Finally they know ...
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:39   Link #2129
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I am lost in my own mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It would be just one more tragic victim of the war. CAUSED by the war, she isn't evil or malicious by nature.
I'm not gonna lie, I do agree with you to a certain extent that Seiryuu is sort of a victim of the war but then again, let's be honest, her killing of, what's her name with the scissors and her general insanity don't exactly help the situation. If anything it makes it worse. Also, while she is, once again, to a certain extent not malicious or particularly "evil" or anything in general, she is extremely so when she is around criminals or those who deviate from her definition of justice(e.g NR or when she fed her pet to the criminals on death row. That's not even vigilante justice, that's just her feeding live human beings to a monster, whether or not they may have deserved it is another can of worms altogether but still, that's just not right.).

True, she can be somewhat justified when she kills NR members considering her job is: Protect and serve under General Edese who protects and servers under the Prime minister. And NR's goal is basically kill both of those people. But again, it's not like she's a victim, she also deserves a very big slice of the pie of blame. She could have ignored Tatsumi & what's her name when she discovered them but did she? The answer is no.
__________________
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades"- Mat Cauthon
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:08   Link #2130
OverSeer
ME? I AM NOBODY!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
What I'm happy about is that there now is a realistic chance that Esdese will finally learn the truth (about Tatsumi being Night Raid).
You have no idea how badly I want this to happen!
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:12   Link #2131
OverSeer
ME? I AM NOBODY!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I do agree with you to a certain extent that Seiryuu is sort of a victim of the war but then again, let's be honest, her killing of, what's her name with the scissors and her general insanity don't exactly help the situation. If anything it makes it worse. Also, while she is, once again, to a certain extent not malicious or particularly "evil" or anything in general, she is extremely so when she is around criminals or those who deviate from her definition of justice(e.g NR or when she fed her pet to the criminals on death row. That's not even vigilante justice, that's just her feeding live human beings to a monster, whether or not they may have deserved it is another can of worms altogether but still, that's just not right.).

True, she can be somewhat justified when she kills NR members considering her job is: Protect and serve under General Edese who protects and servers under the Prime minister. And NR's goal is basically kill both of those people. But again, it's not like she's a victim, she also deserves a very big slice of the pie of blame. She could have ignored Tatsumi & what's her name when she discovered them but did she? The answer is no.
I do agree with you regarding the justice girl and her method and believes. As for the current situations she is ignoring the generals request/order of killing Tatsumi only if there is no other choice and she needs to defend herself. As far as both Esdese and Justice girl are concerned Tatsumi is defenseless. I am betting if Tatsumi did actually die to the justice girl and she never realized that he had a Tegu because he didnt have a chance to use it or something and came back and told the Esdese that she could not hold back when killing him, I think Esdese might actually kill her for ignoring her request and or order.
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:15   Link #2132
Jetzero Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Newest chapter was pretty great. I worried about Rabac there for a second but it looks like he managed to avoid any death flags for now and even took out both assassins. Pretty sweet. I also agree that at this point I wouldn't mind seeing justice chick being the next to go. While I do feel kind of sorry for her losing people she cares about, her Knight Templar-esque insanity has slowly made her more and more unlikeable. If she doesn't get killed this time though, it does seem inevitable Esdese will find out about Tatsumi so that should be interesting.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:34   Link #2133
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I do agree with you to a certain extent that Seiryuu is sort of a victim of the war but then again, let's be honest, her killing of, what's her name with the scissors and her general insanity don't exactly help the situation. If anything it makes it worse.
Depends on your definition of "worse". So you think that it would be "better" to murder your opponents with a happy smile at ease with yourself like e.g. Leone?

The glaring discrepancy between Seiryuu's kind and happy playing with little kids and her manic hatred hatred for NR (who murdered several people dear to her) only shows how corrupting this entire war is. Because it emotionally warps people like Seiryuu who should tend to kids rather than being out to kill.

I feel strongly about this because I feel that this simple truth has direct ramifications in real life. Perpetuating war with the naive reason "we have to because we must win" will generally lead nowhere, because it will constantly drag people into the conflict out of a longing for revenge - just like Seiryuu. War feasts on itself, and those people killed are usually simply replaced by those people who want revenge for a loss of loved ones. And this manga has the courage to display it to the thinking reader.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:00   Link #2134
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I am lost in my own mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Depends on your definition of "worse". So you think that it would be "better" to murder your opponents with a happy smile at ease with yourself like e.g. Leone?

The glaring discrepancy between Seiryuu's kind and happy playing with little kids and her manic hatred hatred for NR (who murdered several people dear to her) only shows how corrupting this entire war is. Because it emotionally warps people like Seiryuu who should tend to kids rather than being out to kill.

I feel strongly about this because I feel that this simple truth has direct ramifications in real life. Perpetuating war with the naive reason "we have to because we must win" will generally lead nowhere, because it will constantly drag people into the conflict out of a longing for revenge - just like Seiryuu. War feasts on itself, and those people killed are usually simply replaced by those people who want revenge for a loss of loved ones. And this manga has the courage to display it to the thinking reader.
As for your first point, I feel I need to make myself clear, I feel, Night Raid, if we go by their actions are as bad as the Jaegars, I'm not gonna lie or dance around this issue, Leone killing someone is as bad as any of the Jaegars killing someone. Period.

Moving on, as for your second point about how Seiryuu was emotionally warped by the war but as she is now, I do agree that this war has corrupted everyone involved(aside from maybe Wave or he may already be screwed up and I haven't noticed) and is really a black hole that sucks away people's lives. However, I think as for her tending to children, she'll most probably(if it even exists) may need a few months/years of therapy before she can be fit to do that. Considering all that's happened so far.

As for your final point, NR's & the resistance's reason for war against the empire isn't "because we need to win" it's because the empire is so corrupt you have people like that girl from the first chapter that tortured and killed Tatsumi's friend's popping up left and right. That has to be stopped but with the current government that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. Though when you say "War feasts on itself, and those people killed are usually simply replaced by those people who want revenge for a loss of loved ones." I can't say you're wrong. Because after all, that does happen both in real life and fiction.
__________________
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades"- Mat Cauthon
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:29   Link #2135
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
These's no such thing as a righteous war, it will always warp everyone involved, it's always about making the best of bad situation in those cases. Displacing a tyrannical always seems a good idea at the time but the long reaching consequences of his removal are no simple matter, you may very well be plunging your country into constant war that has long reaching ramifications. Unless the rebel faction has made all the preparations for a swift coup d'état (and they rarely do) you could easily be plunging the citizens into a worse standard of life than what they were experiencing before. The world currently and in history is filled with these examples.

I suppose the recurring theme through history is that something that seems like good idea may often not be.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 19:20   Link #2136
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Somehow i get the feeling that Akame will bethray everyone and take her siters sword too while esdese will join tatsumis side and use shirkies siccors against akame in last battle . I want tatsumi be the king of the north and fight empire since i dont think the corruption will change even if revlutioaries wins .

Also its good that there is hybrid people which means story can get intresting and get much more development , i also think tatsumi can be a hybrid but who knows .

If this story can go like berserk or guin saga it would be much more cooler.
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 19:22   Link #2137
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Somehow i get the feeling that Akame will bethray everyone and take her siters sword too while esdese will join tatsumis side and use shirkies siccors against akame in last battle . I want tatsumi be the king of the north and fight empire since i dont think the corruption will change even if revlutioaries wins .

Also its good that there is hybrid people which means story can get intresting and get much more development , i also think tatsumi can be a hybrid but who knows .

If this story can go like berserk or guin saga it would be much more cooler.
Why would Akame betray everyone?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 19:28   Link #2138
kenjtr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Why would Akame betray everyone?
I think its because of the name of the manga also we dont know who is leading revolutionaries which also means that akame can be faithful to that guy , dont you find it weird after all these chapter we have no idea about who is leading revolutionaries .
__________________
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:10   Link #2139
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ch 36

Good chapter. I have give this manga credit for making me legitimately question whether a character will die or not. Things could have gone either way for him and really like that since it means almost every fight count.

At last it seem the showdown between Mein and Seiryuu will begin. This is pretty familiar setup though...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 00:56   Link #2140
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
Yea I could have sworn Rabac was gonna kick the buck BUT COMIC RELIEF CHAR's GOT HIS SHIT IN GEAR YEEAAHHH.

Also was I the only one who was like.........................that girlies sweat can do WHAT? (and why can't MY gilrfriend do that?!)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.