AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-12, 19:46   Link #2221
iCK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Ok, I'll try to go over this slowly.

What is Tatsumi? An assassin.

What do assassins do? They kill targets.

If he were to say this after spending a large period of time with her, trying and failing to convince her to change sides, what would it imply? That he's given up hope of changing her.

Understanding the above three points, if he were to say something to the effect of "we're enemies from now on", what would it mean? That he's going to kill her or die trying.

He is not in love with her. He might respect her strength, he might wish she weren't on the empires side. However, he plans to kill her in order to accomplish his goal, and has no conflict over this fact.

Tatsumi. Is. Not. In. Love. With. Esdese.
Its true Tatsumi does not love Esdese the way she loves him, iirc Tatsumi even said that if Esdese was on his side, he would have fallen for her.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 20:51   Link #2222
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
really? when did it say that tatsumi would fall in love with esdese if she was on his side? i might have missed it but that wouldve been awesome if he actually said that
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 00:00   Link #2223
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Ok, I'll try to go over this slowly.

What is Tatsumi? An assassin.

What do assassins do? They kill targets.

If he were to say this after spending a large period of time with her, trying and failing to convince her to change sides, what would it imply? That he's given up hope of changing her.

Understanding the above three points, if he were to say something to the effect of "we're enemies from now on", what would it mean? That he's going to kill her or die trying.
Yes, that much is clear.

Quote:
He is not in love with her. He might respect her strength, he might wish she weren't on the empires side. However, he plans to kill her in order to accomplish his goal, and has no conflict over this fact.

Tatsumi. Is. Not. In. Love. With. Esdese.
I never said he LOVES HER. What I said is that, he is ATRACTED TO HER and that his will kill her doesn't prove he has no romantic feelings toward her in same time.

To put it simply:
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:06   Link #2224
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, that much is clear.



I never said he LOVES HER. What I said is that, he is ATRACTED TO HER and that his will kill her doesn't prove he has no romantic feelings toward her in same time.

To put it simply:
Ok, you get points for that picture.

Now if only everything I said didn't come from the manga instead of fox news......

There has been a huge amount of ship tease between the two. And I get weak in the knees whenever Esdesse goes all dere-dere on him.

However, both times Tatsumi has been with her his first thought was "Shitshitshit must run away." After realizing he couldn't, his second thought was "How can I use her feelings for me to my advantage."

Tatsumi has not as of yet shown anything more than physical attraction to her, and there are several scenes where he is scared for his life.

Also, we've said all of this twice by now, and as much as I love arguing one of us is going to get pissed eventually. So I'm out. And for the record, I would love it if I was wrong and they end up together somehow.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 03:40   Link #2225
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
We'll just have to wait and see

Could it be that their next meeting is going to be pure hatred? Possibly. Is Tatsumi going to attack Esdese? Most likely (revenge for Chelsea). Is he going to win? Quite unlikely, IMHO (Esdese has plot armor - if she dies, the story will end soon thereafter). Is she going to kill him if she wins? Definitely not, even if she should try to do so in a rage - but I don't think she will (Tatsumi has plot armor too).

Fact is that he WAS attracted during the island chapters. I doubt that Takahiro (the author, a famous Erogame scenario writer) would waste this development. Besides, he loves the Esdese types, and having the male hero "tame/turn" them is one of his preferred motifs which he applies again and again.

This is a shonen manga and not an Erogame path? Like I said, we'll have to see.

Peace, bros. Nothing to get excited over.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 08:11   Link #2226
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
We'll just have to wait and see

Could it be that their next meeting is going to be pure hatred? Possibly. Is Tatsumi going to attack Esdese? Most likely (revenge for Chelsea). Is he going to win? Quite unlikely, IMHO (Esdese has plot armor - if she dies, the story will end soon thereafter). Is she going to kill him if she wins? Definitely not, even if she should try to do so in a rage - but I don't think she will (Tatsumi has plot armor too).

Fact is that he WAS attracted during the island chapters. I doubt that Takahiro (the author, a famous Erogame scenario writer) would waste this development. Besides, he loves the Esdese types, and having the male hero "tame/turn" them is one of his preferred motifs which he applies again and again.

This is a shonen manga and not an Erogame path? Like I said, we'll have to see.

Peace, bros. Nothing to get excited over.
You got me curious, which games was he a part of?
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 11:21   Link #2227
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You got me curious, which games was he a part of?
To list a few of his more famous ones. Also, while sometimes he outsources paths, he's the primary game designer.

o Tsuyokisu (absolutely brilliant game, absolutely horrible anime)
o Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (good game, decent anime)
o Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi, good game, good anime)
o Tsujidō san no junai rōdo (haven't played it yet, but heard alot of good reviews)

Majikoi and parts of the spinoffs have been Fan-translated to English.

Takahiro's specialty is to create intense girls who are powerful fighters, and who the male character has to "tame" and win over. Especially in the last game in the list, you're courting explicitly delinquent ladies

Last edited by Mentar; 2013-06-13 at 11:34.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 15:39   Link #2228
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
To list a few of his more famous ones. Also, while sometimes he outsources paths, he's the primary game designer.

o Tsuyokisu (absolutely brilliant game, absolutely horrible anime)
o Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (good game, decent anime)
o Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi, good game, good anime)
o Tsujidō san no junai rōdo (haven't played it yet, but heard alot of good reviews)

Majikoi and parts of the spinoffs have been Fan-translated to English.

Takahiro's specialty is to create intense girls who are powerful fighters, and who the male character has to "tame" and win over. Especially in the last game in the list, you're courting explicitly delinquent ladies
OMG I had no idea. I've played all four of those (Majikoi is one of my favorite VNs) and I can now see what you meant by his habit of having strong girls tamed by the MC.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 16:33   Link #2229
bastek66
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
o Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! (Majikoi, good game, good anime)
Ending sucked.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 18:01   Link #2230
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
'Tame'? Dear god I hope not. Esdese as batshit insane psychopath + weapons grade dere is already the pinnacle of perfection. Screw this male power fantasy of 'breaking in' strong females.

...that said, why're the cute girls always the crazy ones q_q
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 18:35   Link #2231
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
'Tame'? Dear god I hope not. Esdese as batshit insane psychopath + weapons grade dere is already the pinnacle of perfection. Screw this male power fantasy of 'breaking in' strong females.

...that said, why're the cute girls always the crazy ones q_q
It's not really a "tame" as in they become the MCs little pet and lose their awesome. They are still awesome, their dere is just expanded upon while alone with the MC. In a way Esdese is already like that...

Spoiler for Majikoi:


To be honest I now see a lot of the main girl's personalities from those VNs in Esdese, like Momoyo for example.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 19:24   Link #2232
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
That's what I mean! 'Submissive'? Fuck that, that's not her at all.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 19:26   Link #2233
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I would think she would tame him, not the other way around.

The only thing he can do is to change her direction.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 19:30   Link #2234
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
Sumeragi understands!

I mean, um, not that I'm into that sort of thing, but I'd just hate for her character to be so degraded like that.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 03:48   Link #2235
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I would think she would tame him, not the other way around.

The only thing he can do is to change her direction.
Exactly _that_. Change her direction.

So far, Esdese is in psycho mode towards enemies and partially civilians because this is what her father and life have "taught" her. She is different with her subordinates (and Tatsumi) however, and I don't see it beyond her to change her current view for compelling reasons.

The "submissive" stuff is one of the reasons why I consider the Momoyo path as one of the weakest in the entire Majikoi game.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 05:48   Link #2236
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
^While I don't care anymore (or at least no like before)what route the author will take(even if I dislike the Pairing) you can't blame only her father and life for the way she is.

We have a scene that shows us that there is something she missing and was her father to think this.
From what I remember he was bothered by this.


But I do agree with you about the Momoyo path.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:31   Link #2237
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
What? I thought people played Momoyo path for the fight scenes!
And also, I hope the fight doesn't drag out.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:32   Link #2238
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
You didn't really get a submissive Momoyo until the After Story...

But anyway, yea I agree with Soji, you can't dump the blame of how she is on her father and past, it's an excuse criminals often use and while a certain past does have some sort of influence on how you turn out, the determination factor is their psyche. Two people with the same past can turn out completely different.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:19   Link #2239
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It's not really a "tame" as in they become the MCs little pet and lose their awesome. They are still awesome, their dere is just expanded upon while alone with the MC. In a way Esdese is already like that...

Spoiler for Majikoi:


To be honest I now see a lot of the main girl's personalities from those VNs in Esdese, like Momoyo for example.
I really, really hope you just phrased that spoiler wrong. The way you said it makes it sound incredibly disturbing. There is a huge difference between her falling in love with him (and the two of them getting all lovey-dovey) and her being "submissive" which makes it sound like he brainwashed her or something.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 11:26   Link #2240
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I really, really hope you just phrased that spoiler wrong. The way you said it makes it sound incredibly disturbing. There is a huge difference between her falling in love with him (and the two of them getting all lovey-dovey) and her being "submissive" which makes it sound like he brainwashed her or something.
Nah...simply put she's an M in bed and he's an S. You just never see her M side until they start dating since she's such an S at any other time.

Honestly I wouldn't mind this happening to Esdese xD
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, death, fantasy, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.