AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-26, 00:36   Link #141
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Just found this manga randomly and read the 1st eleven chapters.

Very impressed. You'd think with the way the protagonist is drawn as kind of a generic shounen character that he'd have reservations about killing people. However this is not the case and he will kill without hesitation.

Also
Spoiler:
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 05:31   Link #142
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
You could say the theme of this manga makes it possible... it's kinda dark compared to Naru and bleach
Think if we remember correctly that within 4 chapters, they did mentioned about deaths or possible deaths in their line of work...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:18   Link #143
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Even.....
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2012-05-26 at 06:34.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 07:56   Link #144
NeutralZero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth
We also like the dere form Esdes but do second that their pairing is as good as the Titanic...
Unless drastic event in future chapter occur...
But still enjoy it while it last...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:09   Link #145
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Spoiler for My Guess:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:18   Link #146
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Reaper @ i agree with NeutralZero
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:30   Link #147
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Well Soji in this Manga, everything is unpredictable even the characters itself. When I first read the first chapter, never have I expected the things in the later chapters would happen. I didn't say the pairing is a high possibility, I just said possibility. Upon reading this Manga, I will never ever try to figure it out since it is random it doesn't follow the pattern of typical Manga.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:36   Link #148
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Reaper it's not follow logic here or patern. I agree with what you say about the thing happen.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:41   Link #149
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
To me I prefer to see all possible possibilities in everything. This is what makes the Manga so great, it is random like real life. In all of history there are Tyrants who had many lovers and wives sometimes by force, sometimes by equal agreements. If it can happen in real life, I say it is possible in anything. Hitler and Saddam had lovers who loved them despite the evil. Though I rather have Esdes not to stay evil and become good or try to help out Tatsumi. Maybe Tatsumi will open her eyes and see what she is doing is evil and change her.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:54   Link #150
zerodragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
To me I prefer to see all possible possibilities in everything. This is what makes the Manga so great, it is random like real life. In all of history there are Tyrants who had many lovers and wives sometimes by force, sometimes by equal agreements. If it can happen in real life, I say it is possible in anything. Hitler and Saddam had lovers who loved them despite the evil. Though I rather have Esdes not to stay evil and become good or try to help out Tatsumi. Maybe Tatsumi will open her eyes and see what she is doing is evil and change her.
even if he changes her, she will still die at some point in this. She has done too much for people to forgive her unless she goes somewhere FAR where she is not known by the people.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:04   Link #151
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
I think we'd have to be kidding ourselves if we think Esdes will live at the end of this story.
If Tatsumi has any will power and resolve to see his justice through to the end he will kill Esdes, I'd find it rather disappointing if he doesn't.

Way I see it having Esdes fall for Tatsumi is the author's way of bringing her into the story alot more and providing juicy drama.
Theres no sympathy for Esdes even if she's likable.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:10   Link #152
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
even if he changes her, she will still die at some point in this. She has done too much for people to forgive her unless she goes somewhere FAR where she is not known by the people.
Even if she do this i'm pretty sure someone will try to find her to kill her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think we'd have to be kidding ourselves if we think Esdes will live at the end of this story.
If Tatsumi has any will power and resolve to see his justice through to the end he will kill Esdes, I'd find it rather disappointing if he doesn't.

Way I see it having Esdes fall for Tatsumi is the author's way of bringing her into the story alot more and providing juicy drama.
Theres no sympathy for Esdes even if she's likable.
That's my point. Also like I say i don't think Tatsumi will ever forgive her. I'm pretty sure he will be the one to cause her death in a way or another.She do too much until now and without remorse. The only reason that she treat Tatsumi better is because she fall for him if don't was for that i'm pretty sure he would be already die .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:25   Link #153
zerodragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Even if she do this i'm pretty sure someone will try to find her to kill her.


That's my point. Also like I say i don't think Tatsumi will ever forgive her. I'm pretty sure he will be the one to cause her death in a way or another.She do too much until now and without remorse. The only reason that she treat Tatsumi better is because she fall for him if don't was for that i'm pretty sure he would be already die .
which can still change when she finds out about nightraid
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:28   Link #154
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Even if she do this i'm pretty sure someone will try to find her to kill her.


That's my point. Also like I say i don't think Tatsumi will ever forgive her. I'm pretty sure he will be the one to cause her death in a way or another.She do too much until now and without remorse. The only reason that she treat Tatsumi better is because she fall for him if don't was for that i'm pretty sure he would be already die .
That said, is there a reason why Tatsumi hasn't picked a fight with her yet?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:41   Link #155
zerodragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That said, is there a reason why Tatsumi hasn't picked a fight with her yet?
he seen her strength in the newest chapter and one before. he knows he stands not chance in a fight with her.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:42   Link #156
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Shadow5YA@ I think is not crazy enough. It's true that he is alone with her and she like him but i don't think he is crazy enough to try to take her down . I mean she is too strong for now and i think he know he don't have chance to win againt her. Plus I'm pretty sure the other warning him to not try for now in the case he meet her.(just my guess). Also in
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:11   Link #157
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I think we'd have to be kidding ourselves if we think Esdes will live at the end of this story.
If Tatsumi has any will power and resolve to see his justice through to the end he will kill Esdes, I'd find it rather disappointing if he doesn't.

Way I see it having Esdes fall for Tatsumi is the author's way of bringing her into the story alot more and providing juicy drama.
Theres no sympathy for Esdes even if she's likable.
There's nothing justified about killing people you consider to be evil, that's just vigilantism and is very dodgy in itself, since your essentially judging whether they should live or die by your own personal morality and your own personal morality shouldn't really be dictating whether someone lives or dies. Crazy absolute Justice girl is a testament to this.

These guys aren't heroes of Justice their rebel assassin's they're not carrying out justice they're aiding a war effort, it just so happens to be the people they're sent after are corrupt bitches that would under court of law normally be killed/sentenced to life in prisonment anyway. (which is more of simply something that justicies their rebellion.)

That's even a main theme of this manga that the MC slowly begining to realise. It would be quite hypocritical for the MC to go round killing people only on his sense of personal justice, the guys an assassin that makes a living out of killing people. I'm sure there's plenty of people that would be considering him evil.

If he considers her too dangerous for the war effort then sure he should kill her, but if she's truly repents for what she does it should be whatever legal system the rebels have that decide whether she lives or not, not his personal morality,
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:35   Link #158
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Even if I put my own personal morality aside, what Esdes does is still inherently "evil" no matter how you look at it.
She enjoys killing and torturing people, be them evil or innocent.

And I wasn't saying Tatsumi is all good, just he has a sense of justice, not an absolute saint-like fluffy justice but his own justice and what he sees as needs cleansing from the world.

Esdes truly repenting for whats she's done is a long shot but I'm not fond of repenting former cold blooded killers, 2nd chances are not something I'd give them if I'm being honest.
I won't deny that the chance of Esdes changing for the better can happen but not sure I'd be willing to accept it.

It's gonna be a long wait to find that out tho and something along the way could change that thinking.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:40   Link #159
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
I have trouble seeing Esdes as "evil". She's a sadistic lunatic, sure, but she does more or less the same thing that Night Raid does, except on a larger scale, for the other side.

The author really drove the point home when he had a child show up right after one of Tatsumi's missions and start screaming for his father. If any thing, you could technically justify Esdes actions, because by crushing the northern kingdom and assassinating the dissenters, she prevents war and rebellion.

I'm not trying to say she's a good guy, just that there really isn't a good guy in this story. It's one of those "shades of grey" situations that screw with peoples heads.

The real reason I'm protecting Esdes here, though, is because I want her and Akame to fight over Tatsumi. (Not sure if Akame likes Tatsumi like that, but it'd be hella funny)
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:44   Link #160
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I have trouble seeing Esdes as "evil". She's a sadistic lunatic, sure, but she does more or less the same thing that Night Raid does, except on a larger scale, for the other side.

The author really drove the point home when he had a child show up right after one of Tatsumi's missions and start screaming for his father. If any thing, you could technically justify Esdes actions, because by crushing the northern kingdom and assassinating the dissenters, she prevents war and rebellion.

I'm not trying to say she's a good guy, just that there really isn't a good guy in this story. It's one of those "shades of grey" situations that screw with peoples heads.

The real reason I'm protecting Esdes here, though, is because I want her and Akame to fight over Tatsumi. (Not sure if Akame likes Tatsumi like that, but it'd be hella funny)
Neh I think Esdese can be considered evil, it's not about whose side your on, it's about the fact she enjoys killing people, goes out of her way to torture them and the only reason she's in the army doing that shit is because she enjoys doing it (like the prime minister said she has no other motivations). It's quite difficult to get much worse than that, whether she see's the error of her ways is something else entirely, but it's pretty difficult to justify her actions. The heroes aren't comparable to her since they're aware and even have misgrievings about their actions, and don't simply enjoy the act of killing.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.