AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-05, 23:25   Link #121
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
but this treatment doesn't leave a trace, just program cell death.
Well, if somebody's cells die all at once I would assume somebody use this treatement to end somebody. Plus, they will find unusual amounts of proteins causing cell death to occur. Nuclear is a sure way to go.
__________________
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6139/omk1.jpg
Credit to grylsygaeger
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 04:16   Link #122
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Aberporth is the World's first airport for unmanned aerial vehicles

One more major step towards UAV dominance... inb4 inevitable Skynet jokes
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 07:52   Link #123
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Aberporth is the World's first airport for unmanned aerial vehicles

One more major step towards UAV dominance... inb4 inevitable Skynet jokes
Nonono, them robots will harvest us and turn us into batteries. It is teh Matrix that is coming.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 22:38   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Airships of the Future!!! (actually its quite eye-catching)

http://www.reuters.com/video/2011/08...eoChannel=2602
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 22:53   Link #125
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Airships everywhere....

Crimsom Skies comes 80+ years later that suggested.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 14:53   Link #126
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Crimson Skies was awesome. I miss the days when the gaming industry had some real imagination like that, instead of just churning out yet another SpecOps Modern Conflict Warfare Action Shooter XXIV.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:55   Link #127
Soliloquy
Perpetually Nonchalant
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trendy Backwater
Age: 28
It's back to the future again
A small part of Back to the Future becomes a reality. It's all impressive and neat, I'd rather go for flying skateboard. Still I guess the potential is endless with this new technology.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 02:55   Link #128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Cats engineered for disease resistance

Genetically modified felines may be immune to HIV-like virus


So... does that mean we're all going to glow in the dark if we want to be vaccinated against HIV?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 03:29   Link #129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Cats engineered for disease resistance

Genetically modified felines may be immune to HIV-like virus


So... does that mean we're all going to glow in the dark if we want to be vaccinated against HIV?
What a waste of research money. They could have genetically engineered girls to look extra cute and grow cat ears.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 03:56   Link #130
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Survival before pleasure.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 05:37   Link #131
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What a waste of research money. They could have genetically engineered girls to look extra cute and grow cat ears.
THe public don't really like experiment on animal, it would be even worse for experiment on child...
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 17:54   Link #132
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What a waste of research money. They could have genetically engineered girls to look extra cute and grow cat ears.
The nekomimi-mode gene?
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 19:09   Link #133
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What a waste of research money. They could have genetically engineered girls to look extra cute and grow cat ears.
I know you aren't serious... but this stuff looks good/cute only in Anime/Manga style.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 19:47   Link #134
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The nekomimi-mode gene?
The otaku's dream of cat girls can finally become a reality.
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: RRW
Signature from: TheEroKing
Hooves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:13   Link #135
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Survival before pleasure.
How can you eve survive without pleasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
I know you aren't serious... but this stuff looks good/cute only in Anime/Manga style.
Spoiler for OH RLY?:


Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The nekomimi-mode gene?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:22   Link #136
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for OH RLY?:

Well, this replica rifle is a good indicator that tells me how small that kitten actually is. Uhm... SaintessHeart... err, you noticed that in both cases, they feature neither real cat ears nor do the plush cat ears (that I fail to imagine in the second image btw. because of the hat ^^') replace their real ears (which can be clearly seen). So, unless you want to create something with 4 ears...
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:39   Link #137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
eyeah... the "four ear" thing gets on my nerves as well .... I gave Spice&Wolf and Zakuro extra points simply because the characters had the proper number of ears.

As for the look in "real life"... my opinion is that it would look initially "alien" but cute tends to win out. And yeah.. tiny "kittens" FTW.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:54   Link #138
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Well that was Rie Tanaka, who is her doll persona with dark hair and pretty and or sexy in about anything.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 02:58   Link #139
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well that was Rie Tanaka, who is her doll persona with dark hair and pretty and or sexy in about anything.
Amusing, especially since I prefer her "crazy" roles more than her cutesy ones.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 03:19   Link #140
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
eyeah... the "four ear" thing gets on my nerves as well .... I gave Spice&Wolf and Zakuro extra points simply because the characters had the proper number of ears.

As for the look in "real life"... my opinion is that it would look initially "alien" but cute tends to win out. And yeah.. tiny "kittens" FTW.
Zakuro and S&W have spawned some pretty good cosplays, which give us an idea how the girls might look:
http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/14872567/
http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/12570323/

However, I would like to submit some photographic evidence I took in 2008 to bolster the case that the Utawarerumono style "side mount" ear works particularly well ind 3D, its a reason I tend to favour it for kemonomimi girls I use in my own stories:
http://tinypic.com/r/2hnubtd/7
__________________

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.