AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 05:09   Link #41
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Are they translated tho? I like VN's so if they are, I will check them out (Unless they're for all-ages, I need some 18+ content in my VN's
I doubt that you will find 18+ VNs for the PSP. As far as I know the majority of VN for a console or handheld is All-ages. At least those who are for console/handheld in addition to the original or reworked PC version.
Old 2011-07-26, 06:36   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Are they translated tho? I like VN's so if they are, I will check them out (Unless they're for all-ages, I need some 18+ content in my VN's
They are SFW....Hard to find ero PSP games. Unless you port the PC ones of course.
Old 2011-07-26, 06:43   Link #43
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I doubt that you will find 18+ VNs for the PSP. As far as I know the majority of VN for a console or handheld is All-ages. At least those who are for console/handheld in addition to the original or reworked PC version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They are SFW....Hard to find ero PSP games. Unless you port the PC ones of course.
I'm guessing you two have missed the fact that there are 18+ games on the PSP just that they use the UMD video format and thus will only play on a Japanese PSP (unless your using CFW).
Old 2011-07-26, 08:33   Link #44
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
I'm guessing you two have missed the fact that there are 18+ games on the PSP just that they use the UMD video format and thus will only play on a Japanese PSP (unless your using CFW).
Missing the point that PSP's UMD's are all region free

combined with the fact that Dist is using CFW.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:58   Link #45
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Phantasy Star Portable I and II. While they are connected to the storyline of PSU they are practically stand alone stories, so don't worry about that.
I would like to add that in Japan The expansion Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is out with no yet set date for America. If you know some japanese or dont mind using the various translated guides out I highly suggest it over its predecessors (most weapons use katakana, all story of jp version is voiced). Infinity also includes the Portable 2's story.

Still play it to this day myself and note there is a demo, so you can easily try it out first.
Old 2011-07-27, 07:02   Link #46
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Missing the point that PSP's UMD's are all region free

combined with the fact that Dist is using CFW.
Nope only PSP games are UMD videos are region locked so those 18+ games (or anything that used the UMD video format) will only run on a Japanese PSP unless the user is using CFW where you can manipulate the UMD video region lock (or just turn it off).

Also those games are spread over several discs so it's going to be a real pain in the neck when you have to change discs every hour or so.
Old 2011-08-06, 03:54   Link #47
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Still got long way before I've tried and played all of the suggested games, but still wondering there's more?

For example, I find it funny that no one suggested Legend of the Heroes : Trails in the Sky to me? I found this game on my own, and aside from Persona, I am liking it the best from the ones I've tried so far. Good story, nice and enjoyable dialogue with funny moments, likeable characters and even though turn based combat, I like it alot. (I generally hate turn based combat with few exceptions). Is no one aware of the game, perhaps? Well with that said, here's my suggestion for you other PSP players : Play that game.
Old 2011-08-06, 20:57   Link #48
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
No....just that they are much rarer outside Japan.

My PSP is set to Japan region anyway (yes it's customized) but I don't use UMD so it's no difference to me.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:26   Link #49
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
For example, I find it funny that no one suggested Legend of the Heroes : Trails in the Sky to me? I found this game on my own, and aside from Persona, I am liking it the best from the ones I've tried so far. Good story, nice and enjoyable dialogue with funny moments, likeable characters and even though turn based combat, I like it alot. (I generally hate turn based combat with few exceptions). Is no one aware of the game, perhaps? Well with that said, here's my suggestion for you other PSP players : Play that game.
Haven't heard of this one, will be trying it out shortly, thanks.
Old 2011-08-07, 05:51   Link #50
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Haven't heard of this one, will be trying it out shortly, thanks.
The game is actually a bit older, PSP version was original released in japan in 2006, pc version 2004, but was just ported and released in NA this march. Ghostlight UK has just announce to bring it over, so it is not out yet in europe. So it is not surprising that some people have not hear about this game before.
Closed Thread