AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-26, 05:09   Link #41
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Are they translated tho? I like VN's so if they are, I will check them out (Unless they're for all-ages, I need some 18+ content in my VN's
I doubt that you will find 18+ VNs for the PSP. As far as I know the majority of VN for a console or handheld is All-ages. At least those who are for console/handheld in addition to the original or reworked PC version.
Mahou is offline  
Old 2011-07-26, 06:36   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Are they translated tho? I like VN's so if they are, I will check them out (Unless they're for all-ages, I need some 18+ content in my VN's
They are SFW....Hard to find ero PSP games. Unless you port the PC ones of course.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-07-26, 06:43   Link #43
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I doubt that you will find 18+ VNs for the PSP. As far as I know the majority of VN for a console or handheld is All-ages. At least those who are for console/handheld in addition to the original or reworked PC version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They are SFW....Hard to find ero PSP games. Unless you port the PC ones of course.
I'm guessing you two have missed the fact that there are 18+ games on the PSP just that they use the UMD video format and thus will only play on a Japanese PSP (unless your using CFW).
demonix is offline  
Old 2011-07-26, 08:33   Link #44
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
I'm guessing you two have missed the fact that there are 18+ games on the PSP just that they use the UMD video format and thus will only play on a Japanese PSP (unless your using CFW).
Missing the point that PSP's UMD's are all region free

combined with the fact that Dist is using CFW.
__________________
Kaze is offline  
Old 2011-07-27, 01:58   Link #45
Silverwyrm
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Folsom, CA, USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Phantasy Star Portable I and II. While they are connected to the storyline of PSU they are practically stand alone stories, so don't worry about that.
I would like to add that in Japan The expansion Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity is out with no yet set date for America. If you know some japanese or dont mind using the various translated guides out I highly suggest it over its predecessors (most weapons use katakana, all story of jp version is voiced). Infinity also includes the Portable 2's story.

Still play it to this day myself and note there is a demo, so you can easily try it out first.
Silverwyrm is offline  
Old 2011-07-27, 07:02   Link #46
demonix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hayes, Middx UK
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Missing the point that PSP's UMD's are all region free

combined with the fact that Dist is using CFW.
Nope only PSP games are UMD videos are region locked so those 18+ games (or anything that used the UMD video format) will only run on a Japanese PSP unless the user is using CFW where you can manipulate the UMD video region lock (or just turn it off).

Also those games are spread over several discs so it's going to be a real pain in the neck when you have to change discs every hour or so.
demonix is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 03:54   Link #47
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Still got long way before I've tried and played all of the suggested games, but still wondering there's more?

For example, I find it funny that no one suggested Legend of the Heroes : Trails in the Sky to me? I found this game on my own, and aside from Persona, I am liking it the best from the ones I've tried so far. Good story, nice and enjoyable dialogue with funny moments, likeable characters and even though turn based combat, I like it alot. (I generally hate turn based combat with few exceptions). Is no one aware of the game, perhaps? Well with that said, here's my suggestion for you other PSP players : Play that game.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline  
Old 2011-08-06, 20:57   Link #48
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
I'm guessing you two have missed the fact that there are 18+ games on the PSP just that they use the UMD video format and thus will only play on a Japanese PSP (unless your using CFW).
No....just that they are much rarer outside Japan.

My PSP is set to Japan region anyway (yes it's customized) but I don't use UMD so it's no difference to me.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 05:26   Link #49
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
For example, I find it funny that no one suggested Legend of the Heroes : Trails in the Sky to me? I found this game on my own, and aside from Persona, I am liking it the best from the ones I've tried so far. Good story, nice and enjoyable dialogue with funny moments, likeable characters and even though turn based combat, I like it alot. (I generally hate turn based combat with few exceptions). Is no one aware of the game, perhaps? Well with that said, here's my suggestion for you other PSP players : Play that game.
Haven't heard of this one, will be trying it out shortly, thanks.
__________________
Kafriel is offline  
Old 2011-08-07, 05:51   Link #50
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Haven't heard of this one, will be trying it out shortly, thanks.
The game is actually a bit older, PSP version was original released in japan in 2006, pc version 2004, but was just ported and released in NA this march. Ghostlight UK has just announce to bring it over, so it is not out yet in europe. So it is not surprising that some people have not hear about this game before.
Sides is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.