AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-10-31, 18:50   Link #4361
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Nice sarcasm. But what's your point? Perhaps we need more cheating in ISML?
Please, cheating in ISML is just a single tier botnet and randomised command macro away. The only thing stopping it is its own obscurity. Even a script kiddie could do it.

The point is simple. Those whining on and on and on and calling for a reality check need a reality check themselves.
FlavorOfLife is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 18:54   Link #4362
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu View Post
there's no question that ISML voters dropped the ball by failing to even qualify any Madoka characters for the regular season.
orly? I think there is a very legitimate reason to why none of them qualified. Madoka is incredibly popular pretty much anywhere. But that doesn't make their characters top-tier moe contenders. Besides, ISML is an international contest. It's not specific to any one country. So in a way you could say the world dropped the ball...straight onto their faces. Which explains the pancake shape of their faces.

For the record, I do think the characters are pretty well developed and likable to a degree...But to think four of them deserve a top 8 finish in a moe contest...is delusional to say the least.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 18:55   Link #4363
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Please, cheating in ISML is just a single tier botnet and randomised command macro away. The only thing stopping it is its own obscurity. Even a script kiddie could do it.

The point is simple. Those whining on and on and on and calling for a reality check need a reality check themselves.
But, mommy, they did it too!

Just because one side is guilty of douchebaggery doesn't mean the other side is immune from criticism.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:00   Link #4364
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
I don't think she's getting hated for that. I personally don't want Mami to win because she's not moe to my liking, and because I don't seem to understand how she's suddenly the most popular meguca. That's being this way since the start of the tournament, not because she won against Ika. Also, shame on you for forgetting about Erica.
Haha, no don't worry I didn't forget Erica, I was pointing out that there wouldn't be nearly as much hate from a match between just megucas as opposed to meguca vs resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
I don't think anybody stopped voting because of that. If anything, it has attracted more votes, because head jokes have given more recognizance to the character. That said, anybody know if 2ch is even still joking about that like us baka-gaijins? Did they even joke about it in the first place?
Well, like I said earlier, it's just a peeve of mine. I was probably better off not mentioning it. I would just like if people voted characters based on the character rather than memes. (But this is Saimoe )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
But people are saying "hell yeah Mami won" too. If Ika would have won not much people would have bashed her because the meguca faction still has Madoka and Kyouko after all, so only the Mami-only fans would have something to say.
Actually I was just making a friendly poke at another post, where someone had mentioned they don't understand why people are saying hell yeah mami won.. (obviously only doing so because I like her)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
I don't see anything wrong either, and neither should anyone. Just ignore the haters and continue rooting for your character.
Yeah that's usually what I do, but I figured I'd speak for once
Tainaka is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:01   Link #4365
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Madoka wise I feel like it's faction outnumbers the antis thats why they seem so dominating actually
__________________
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:04   Link #4366
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Well, with Mami's win, Madoka finally end the streak of "no dominating series ever even sniffed the final" (Cough...Saki...Cough...).

I'm now 1-3 in QF. I lose track of my record (Will have to go back like 20 pages just to find it...). For SF...

SF-1: Erica - Trolling end FTW
SF-2: Mami - Screw Madoka, she don't deserve her popularity at all.

And as far as ISML - All I'll say is, those people that votes in prelim this year f**k it up quite badly anyway. I mean, no Madoka girls, no Elsie/Ika-chan, while you have some girls that didn't even make main tournament going in. Hack, you have someone who get knocked out in the 1st round in AST (Eucliwood, against a nobody also) actually performing well over there.

And yes, I'm complaining about ISML even though my waifu went 49-0...
ion475 is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:05   Link #4367
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, at the time Madoka was just starting to air, and most of us were making jokes about Mami and giving heads. Since this took place after the series aired, it had a massive advantage.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:33   Link #4368
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Quote:
Well, at the time Madoka was just starting to air, and most of us were making jokes about Mami and giving heads. Since this took place after the series aired, it had a massive advantage.
You know that I'll take whatever opportunity to bash this year's ISML contestant choice.... Seriously, though, it only takes me 2 episodes to like Mami and Homura, so there's absolutely no excuse of "It's just airing" (I can understand about Sayaka and Kyouko, but the other 3?). Not to mention, Mami's head already got bite off by the time ISML prelim rolls around...
ion475 is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:36   Link #4369
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Remember the context. It's not that it was just airing, but prelims aired during the hiatus time before the climax of the series. Not everyone like the characters after two episodes, and some bandwagoners only appreciate the series after its conclusion.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:40   Link #4370
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Making people too mad to respond
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
You know that I'll take whatever opportunity to bash this year's ISML contestant choice.... Seriously, though, it only takes me 2 episodes to like Mami and Homura, so there's absolutely no excuse of "It's just airing" (I can understand about Sayaka and Kyouko, but the other 3?). Not to mention, Mami's head already got bite off by the time ISML prelim rolls around...
Yea, I had acknowledged the head incident.

But people are not always so shallow. I am though, I liked HomuHomu the moment I saw her. 3-4 episodes aren't enough for some.

On the serious note, it wasn't until episode 8-9 for Kyoko and Sayaka, 10 for Homura and episode 12 for Madoka til their true strength really came through.
__________________
God damn, there's so much bad fanservice out there. Touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you!
You are about to move into areas of the anime industry with wonders you cannot possibly imagine. And terrors to freeze your soul.

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:47   Link #4371
spirits having flown
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Oh God, dat Spanish. I actually made an account to correct this (you know, so that this doesn't spread, no offence to anyone involved).
Most of these are simply very punny in nature. Also, Holmes is not really a Spanish word, this is just used by Chicanos (much akin to homies, homeboys, etc)

Back to topic: If this is what we call a "just as planned" scenario, Madoka beats Mami in the SF then Kyoko in the Finals for her to be the Saimoe winner; Sayaka's sacrifice won't be in vain. Unless by any god-forsaken reason Erica plans to spoil the party, this is how it will be like (she's the Walpurgisnacht of the Final Four after all)

Imagine the fireworks if Erica does the unthinkable...
spirits having flown is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 19:54   Link #4372
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Please, cheating in ISML is just a single tier botnet and randomised command macro away. The only thing stopping it is its own obscurity. Even a script kiddie could do it.
Care to try that? Lets see how successful you are and let us know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
And thus the day Demi. defended ISML was born. Goes to show just how dire the situation really is.
This really is a moment to remember.

About Madoka and ISML, remember that just because something is popular in japan it doesnt mean its popular everywhere else, at least not to the same degree. Hell Madoka may be the biggest thing in japan in the past decade but internationally I dare guess that Angel Beats is waaay more popular than Madoka ever will be.
Also ISML is not without its fanbase problems either, i mean look at Kanade's record and vote totals...even if you threw in Madoka characters now I doubt they would get close to that.
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:12   Link #4373
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I thought someone would bring up Saki, but I guess not.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:14   Link #4374
ppaaccoojrf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You must fix this.
I also haven't watched Higurashi either, mostly for the fact that I don't know whether to subject myself to the horrible art of the VN, or just watch the (Studio DEEN right?) adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
We could develop our own AnimeSuki Saimoe Tournament. Seriously, the posters here seem to do a better job of promoting AST (pictures, videos) than the AST people do themselves.
Please do. And ban Japan for the lulz.
ppaaccoojrf is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:15   Link #4375
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I thought someone would bring up Saki, but I guess not.
I was going to but then I realized Saki is not popular outside of Japan even in the slightest...i was looking for series that are popular in and outside of japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Please do. And ban Japan for the lulz.
Even if they do it wont matter...Japan barely cares about ISML
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:16   Link #4376
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Quote:
I thought someone would bring up Saki, but I guess not.
I kind of did, but only referencing the fact that they never reach final while Madoka is guarantee a final spot...

On the other hand, though, speaking of popularity difference...(It's popular in Japan, okay popular in East Asia since most people at least know some Mahjong rules, but America? Come on, like they can even follow what any of the girls are doing...)
ion475 is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:35   Link #4377
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I was going to but then I realized Saki is not popular outside of Japan even in the slightest...i was looking for series that are popular in and outside of japan
People need to learn about the joy of riichi mahjong.
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:37   Link #4378
anisu
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
no Elsie/Ika-chan
You're right. I was so busy being outraged over Madoka that I overlooked that. Not qualifying Ika Musume is an atrocity. I can't call it a crime against humanity because Ika tries to commit crimes against humanity, but wow.

Quote:
but prelims aired during the hiatus time before the climax of the series
Episode 10, the one before the hiatus, was the turning point for a moe contest. And looking at the preliminary records to see who Madoka was against when she got eliminated, they voted for Shiomiya Shiori, Shiina Minatsu, Kirishima Shouko, Hirasawa Ui, and Haruna from Kore wa Zombie, while Madoka beat Uiharu Kazari, who was also eliminated.

They gave Kuroko a spot over Elsie, and Shiina of Angel Beats and CC a spot over Ika. This is like bizarro world moe league.

Anyway, as for Japanese saimoe quarterfinalists, if ISML strengths were used to decide matches, we'd have Mikoto, Tenshi, Laura Bodewig, Mio, Azusa, Shana, Yui (AB), Kuroneko. 2 Angel Beats, 2 K-ON, Index, Shana, IS, OreImo. The only overlapping contestant is Kuroneko.

ISML strengths: 6 shows, 6 veterans.
Actual results: 5 shows, 1 veteran.
__________________
http://ani-list.blogspot.com/ Saimoe Analysis: Serious ------- Business
anisu is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:38   Link #4379
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Care to try that? Lets see how successful you are and let us know
Its obvious you're not an IT person. Go ask anyone who is knowledage about IT how they can defend against a botnet in ISML's current voting style and they will come up with only 1.

Identification through statistical analysis.

Ask them if randomization of the voting pattern with a bias to the one you want to win will defeat it and they will say the same. Yes. Hence randomised command macro.

Hell i could even run a con, creating multiple "factions" with botnets members in the same country and get them "working together on some issues", and you would not be able to say whether its true or false.

As for me doing it, why would i risk legal trouble for something i already find boring as hell? I'm not a teenaged script kiddie. However if ISML ever becomes more visible, you will see it happen and it will be "fun".
FlavorOfLife is offline  
Old 2011-10-31, 20:50   Link #4380
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Quote:
You're right. I was so busy being outraged over Madoka that I overlooked that. Not qualifying Ika Musume is an atrocity. I can't call it a crime against humanity because Ika tries to commit crimes against humanity, but wow.
[Really OT]I rant about it like a million times already, so...but I still can't forgive those idiots voting in the prelim...

Elsie should have win her prelim group easily (Come on, Mugi? Kuroko? Mafuyu?), and it just get more ridiculous with Iwasawa > Homuhomu (Still a WTF...), and more importantly, Shiina & Haruna & C.C. > Mami & Ika-chan?

Of course, you can go further back to 1st round of prelim and see the like of Haruna & Seraphim beating Homuhomu...that's ISML voter for you...(Voice: You vote in it also...<- Don't fault me, I did vote for Homura since Round 1...)[/Really OT]
ion475 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, moe, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.