AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-08, 15:05   Link #1221
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
They have started blocking non-Japanese IP at the start of 2006. The reason they gave was because non-Japanese IP tends to favor only a few series.
Looking at the results up til now, i would say that is true. Some of those series that got in the 2nd prelims are rarely seen in english blogs. Of course in the end the cream rises to the top so the final winner will likely be from a well known series, so i doubt they entertain hopes of winning the competition. More likely is that they would want to at least see their series character in the tournament proper
Old 2011-08-08, 15:43   Link #1222
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
They have started blocking non-Japanese IP at the start of 2006. The reason they gave was because non-Japanese IP tends to favor only a few series. Their IP blocking criterion was when certain IP range starts to vote disproportionately in favor of these problem shows. These were what was stated in OFFICIAL manner in 2006. I will leave it up to you to judge the implications and very serious problem due to this policy.
i just how many people in 2ch watch every single series in saimoe.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-08-08 at 17:42.
Old 2011-08-08, 15:58   Link #1223
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Which Mio? The one who plays bass for HTT, or the one who draws the ecchi pictures of a guy who rides goats.
or the mio who tortures guys and isn't afraid of anything? *points to signature once again*
Old 2011-08-08, 17:40   Link #1224
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Which Mio? The one who plays bass for HTT, or the one who draws the ecchi pictures of a guy who rides goats.
Or the Mio who has the eyepatch of power?
Old 2011-08-08, 17:40   Link #1225
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Looking at the results up til now, i would say that is true. Some of those series that got in the 2nd prelims are rarely seen in english blogs. Of course in the end the cream rises to the top so the final winner will likely be from a well known series, so i doubt they entertain hopes of winning the competition. More likely is that they would want to at least see their series character in the tournament proper

BUT!!!!!!!!

I have seen many blogs for almost ALL the series in the 2nd prelim in Korean. I heard rumors that there are several Chinese blogs that discusses series English anime blogs mostly ignores. YET, why was Korean IPs the first IP to be targeted for the blocking? Why are they also agressive in blocking Chinese and Taiwanese IP as well, to the degree much more than English speaking IPs?
Old 2011-08-08, 17:48   Link #1226
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
BUT!!!!!!!!

I have seen many blogs for almost ALL the series in the 2nd prelim in Korean. I heard rumors that there are several Chinese blogs that discusses series English anime blogs mostly ignores. YET, why was Korean IPs the first IP to be targeted for the blocking? Why are they also agressive in blocking Chinese and Taiwanese IP as well, to the degree much more than English speaking IPs?
I think it is because Japan dislikes China and Korea more than the western countries maybe due to history
Old 2011-08-08, 17:57   Link #1227
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
BUT!!!!!!!!

Not sure on how accurate the statement on the fixation on banning the Korean and Chinese but it it was true, i would not be surprised.

Most people love/hate their neighbours more than they love/hate people who live in another state or country because you interact the most with them. I'm sure Mexicans love/hate americans more than they love/hate Indians from India or the British feel much more strongly about the French than they do about the people of Mozambique.
Old 2011-08-08, 20:45   Link #1228
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Quote:
BUT!!!!!!!!

Yet Korean Best Moe manages to go awry almost without fail. I say good job on that one 2ch.

Never forget
Old 2011-08-08, 22:08   Link #1229
Team Rocket Elite

3-9

Spoiler for Preliminary 2-5 Results:

My Top 12 for Preliminary 2-6:
Spoiler for Preliminary 2-6:
Old 2011-08-08, 22:33   Link #1230
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
Not sure on how accurate the statement on the fixation on banning the Korean and Chinese but it it was true, i would not be surprised.

Most people love/hate their neighbours more than they love/hate people who live in another state or country because you interact the most with them. I'm sure Mexicans love/hate americans more than they love/hate Indians from India or the British feel much more strongly about the French than they do about the people of Mozambique.
1. Korea has large number of moe tournament voters. Ever since 2009, many tried but not one successfully voted in Saimoe from within Korea. A group of people actually did recruit people from different IP address within Korea to vote in Saimoe, but it all failed.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

3. http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/200...takeshima.html

4. http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...106508383.html

5. http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/20881/1/Jap...28LSERO%29.pdf
Old 2011-08-08, 22:36   Link #1231
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Yet Korean Best Moe manages to go awry almost without fail. I say good job on that one 2ch.

Please define what you mean by failure. Please tell me how Best Moe went awry. Please tell me what 2ch is doing well. Please tell me why Best Moe was wrong to seek international voters and female voters while Saimoe was right to restrict voting to those within Japan only.
Old 2011-08-08, 23:42   Link #1232
zato_1one

It's no surprise that 2ch blocks all IP from Korea. They had a cyber war and Korean people had spammed 2ch until all 2ch servers were down.
Old 2011-08-08, 23:48   Link #1233
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
It's no surprise that 2ch blocks all IP from Korea. They had a cyber war and Korean people had spammed 2ch until all 2ch servers were down.
2 ch people has also posted insults in Anizone as well. Japanese people are just as guilty as others in submitting multivotes to Best Moe and other tournament. Should Best Moe block entire Japan's IP?
Old 2011-08-08, 23:57   Link #1234
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
It just seems obvious the winner will be a character from Madoka XD But it is just fun to see anyway
Old 2011-08-09, 01:31   Link #1235
zato_1one

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that 2ch people are doing the right thing. That cyber war I mentioned about was actually initiated by 2ch.

Quote:
2 ch people has also posted insults in Anizone as well. Japanese people are just as guilty as others in submitting multivotes to Best Moe and other tournament. Should Best Moe block entire Japan's IP?
That depends on their staffs to decide. I'm in no position to give any judgement. If they want to ban some people IP then so be it. It's their tournament after all. This is no democracy from the start.
Old 2011-08-09, 01:55   Link #1236
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
It just seems obvious the winner will be a character from Madoka XD But it is just fun to see anyway
See Kagami 07, see Mio 09, see Saki 09 10, see Hinagiku every single year

Even the girls want her...
Old 2011-08-09, 02:41   Link #1237
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Sad that not a single Hayate no Gotoku character win one. But Nagi making the final twice still says something. But yea, for the most part, any pre-bracket favorite is still subject to elimination. So, the best any prediction on a winner right now -- remains as a "best bet".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one
I'm in no position to give any judgement. If they want to ban some people IP then so be it.
Well, someone like me can still sit back here -- and make fun of their policies. What are they gonna do? Shoot me?
Old 2011-08-09, 02:43   Link #1238
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that 2ch people are doing the right thing. That cyber war I mentioned about was actually initiated by 2ch.

That depends on their staffs to decide. I'm in no position to give any judgement. If they want to ban some people IP then so be it. It's their tournament after all. This is no democracy from the start.
yeah. Still, my experience tells me that little bit of democracy usually is better than none. In end, I think the tournament that tries to listen to outsiders will prosper while a tournament that silences outsiders will not.

heh... what in the world am I saying when I failed so hard.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Well, someone like me can still sit back here -- and make fun of their policies. What are they gonna do? Shoot me?
yeah. I wish I could have lightened up long time ago. Maybe I failed because I was too serious. Still, I like to point out, that some policies, like not allowing multivotes, were justified and should be defended for the interest of everyone who voted.

-----------------------------------------

P.S.

Realized that I failed with words again. What I am trying to say is that I think if a moe tournament asks for outside votes or at least give impression that anyone can vote, then the tournament should try respect people who wants to vote and offer what incentive and help they can. I feel it just isn't right for someone to just ask for votes and then treat the voters as scumbags , nor make it seem like people can vote when they would be making most people waste their time trying to vote.

Last edited by wontaek; 2011-08-09 at 03:08. Reason: addendum
Old 2011-08-09, 02:47   Link #1239
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Was there serious expectation Saki/a Saki character winning in 09 and 10?

I thought the results of having Saki characters in the final four in that two years were impressive enough.
Old 2011-08-09, 06:32   Link #1240
OverFunk
2014 is the year

Quote:
Please define what you mean by failure. Please tell me how Best Moe went awry. Please tell me what 2ch is doing well. Please tell me why Best Moe was wrong to seek international voters and female voters while Saimoe was right to restrict voting to those within Japan only.
Best Moe at some point turned into fanclub war and battle of the sexes, at the same time.

Never forget
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, moe, saimoe, tournament