AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-27, 18:32   Link #1
phoenixfire92983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Website Submissions

I just started my website about two monthes ago and I want to get it so that people can find it on major search engines like google. I tried using a website where you can submit your site free. The problem is that the free submission is only good for like a month or so. Also, I'm getting more hits because people are finding my site through rings instead of the search engines. I have meta tags and everything, its just that "free" doesn't mean good service. Does anyone know a good website that will submit urls for like a year for like no more than $40? There's a lot out there, but I don't know which ones are really reliable so it would be great if someone could help.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 20:47   Link #2
lavalyn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire92983
I just started my website about two monthes ago and I want to get it so that people can find it on major search engines like google. I tried using a website where you can submit your site free. The problem is that the free submission is only good for like a month or so. Also, I'm getting more hits because people are finding my site through rings instead of the search engines. I have meta tags and everything, its just that "free" doesn't mean good service. Does anyone know a good website that will submit urls for like a year for like no more than $40? There's a lot out there, but I don't know which ones are really reliable so it would be great if someone could help.
If you want traffic, make your site relevant. Google will eventually manage to keep blogs off the search results, so you have to put up real content. Google-Words advertising may be appropriate but also costly.

Getting linked to by other relevant sites is the way to get listed on Google.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 21:05   Link #3
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
its simple http://www.google.com/addurl.html

that should help but the best way to make ur site popular is through word of mouth, also make shure your site looks good (page making crap that comes with most free hosts is crap) make shure you have a good host, not a long domain name, keep the add's low and if you want/ have ad's make shure they arnt popups cuz popups are 3v!l. bla bla bla.....
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 01:35   Link #4
phoenixfire92983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
its simple http://www.google.com/addurl.html

that should help but the best way to make ur site popular is through word of mouth, also make shure your site looks good (page making crap that comes with most free hosts is crap) make shure you have a good host, not a long domain name, keep the add's low and if you want/ have ad's make shure they arnt popups cuz popups are 3v!l. bla bla bla.....

I guess I should've given you more information. I pay to have my website hosted. It has its own domain name, wasn't created by a page making program on the host, and is ad free. That google add url was one of the first things I tried. I was notified that it could take up to four weeks for search engines like google to ad my site. The problem is that its been at least 1 1/2 monthes and I still can't find my site when I search for it on their engine. Should I continue to wait or should I try one of the deals where I pay x amount of dollars to have my site added to hundreds of search engines? If the later, which one presents the best deal? I hope this helps.
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 09:36   Link #5
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Burlington, VT USA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavalyn
Getting linked to by other relevant sites is the way to get listed on Google.
Yeah, this should help you some. Find other sites which deal with a similar area of interest and get them to link you. Also find sites which list specifically the type of site you've made (if that's possible). Also, I'd put a link to your site in your animesuki signature. Just spread your presence around the web a bit. That helps.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 17:11   Link #6
SirJeannot
AT Field
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: #animesuki
Age: 18
put your site in your profile on animesuki, it greatly helped me
__________________
"facts Jeremy, facts!"
- non factual Jeremy.
SirJeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.