AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 01:38   Link #601
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Speaking of which, tomorrow is the day of mahjong right? Who is ready for it?(Heart still at shut down mode........ all comments here are done by my bro.)
Like I said: I'm coping with this damned waiting by editing mahjong articles.

(Obsessed much?) Yes. Now where's my coffee!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 02:47   Link #602
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Yes, less than half a day to see if onee-chan manages to avenge poor Kuro. And I'm more than ready

Man, must be quite an experience to recognize anime seiyuus in games, especially the soft spoken ones.
Forever ready man...

I played that game since last year. And just nice the similarities are there.
Toki is short haired while Ryuuka is long haired.(Which is the same as that game's sisters...) Now if you want to know more, jump to another thread called [PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia at the games section.

Oh well, as long as my bro's heart still down, I can't say further. *Scarletknive's Heart rebooting in 30mins.*

@Kyuu: Your coffee is not ready. My bro is good at making coffee. Give him some time as his heart is still down. *Scarletknive's Heart rebooting in 25mins*

Time for some mahjong. I checked around niconico and saw all the yakumans.........(Using their skill hax, like in Saki.)

I am back guys... Anyway... I am believed I am prepared for whats coming and whats gonna come.(Read the manga a bit.)

@Kyuu:Your coffee is here.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-05-13 at 06:30.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 08:55   Link #603
Peanutbutter

Hope there's new filler with the original cast in the coming episode.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 12:04   Link #604
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. It's Onee-chan time!

And so, the first few minutes right off the bat may show why Kuro's play style has a more offensive focus, rather than defensive.
Old 2012-05-13, 12:20   Link #605
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

*sigh*

Not a bad episode at all, but they had all the wrong kinds of filler.. aw well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:06   Link #606
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

*sigh*

Not a bad episode at all, but they had all the wrong kinds of filler.. aw well.
Still haven't watch the episode, but by wrong filler I hope you didn't mean to say they inserted what's going on in the main Saki story concurrent match which would definitely spoil season 2 for those who haven't read the manga. Oh please, anything but that.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 13:36   Link #607
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
they inserted what's going on in the main Saki story concurrent match which would definitely spoil season 2 for those who haven't read the manga. Oh please, anything but that.
Nope. Nothing regarding the Side B of the bracket. The two fillers were directly connected to the current matches featured in the episode. However, the end of this episode left me feeling: "Man, I waited just for this?"

I suppose: we'll see more of their gameplay in the next tournament round. And I'll assume that this round will be wrapped up next week. That will leave the remaining 4-5 episodes on the semi-finals.
Old 2012-05-13, 14:33   Link #608
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's not that the matches themselves were bad(they were ok) but they added a lot of padding that just broke the pace of the episode.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:43   Link #609
Midonin
Last Engage

Two players going up in one episode, the quickening continues. Yuu's part was pretty exciting. Seeing her step up for her sister like that was pretty heartwarming, and her strategy with the "warm" tiles fits what's been established of her thus far. Do not doubt the powers of the scarf. For Ako's half, really dynamic gaming - Achiga are the underdogs, so they still have to work a little for their victory, but it's more than possible now. Sera stole the segment, with her arguing over wearing a skirt and that awesome pose she did upon entering the arena.

Fight, Achiga!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 15:05   Link #610
King-Slayer

Yuu and girl-mode Cela made this episode, as they were both so cute. Seeing Hatsuse was a suprise.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 15:14   Link #611
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Oh my, I guess we won't be allowing any filler that isn't related to cameos or Ryuuka and Toki.

Altough.
Spoiler for Expectations and other stuff:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 16:21   Link #612
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Yu try and fight for Kuro for a change. Ako really brought the team back. Lol how Senriyama's third had to change and got stopped for photos. Let's hope Arata can take the lead or at least cut it close.
Old 2012-05-13, 19:40   Link #613
Kyuu
=^^=

Just wondering: how many hanchan is each match during this quarterfinal stage? With this series as presented (the pace), it feels as if it is just 1 hanchan per match.
Old 2012-05-13, 20:04   Link #614
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Just wondering: how many hanchan is each match during this quarterfinal stage? With this series as presented (the pace), it feels as if it is just 1 hanchan per match.
Same as the prefectional tournament: 1 East and 1 South hand. I can't blame you for asking since it's going by so quickly. Sela did ask if Funakuho was going to tell Izumi about Yuu and her calculations after Yuu revealed her true ability in this episode, so that was a good hint.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 20:05   Link #615
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

For now I love this anime it's good to have seen Saki and his team even though Saki for this was just a moment
Old 2012-05-13, 20:09   Link #616
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Same as the prefectional tournament: 1 East and 1 South hand. I can't blame you for asking since it's going by so quickly. Sela did ask if Funakuho was going to tell Izumi about Yuu and her calculations after Yuu revealed her true ability in this episode, so that was a good hint.
In other words: that's a single hanchan. Aye, that clued me in as well, which implied: there's no "half-time" in this round. Yet, since it is a quarterfinal of the National tournament, it actually should be a 2-hanchan game, considering prefectural finals use that format.

Nodoka said it best in the first episode: Can't determine skill in this game off of just 1-hanchan.

Also. Even tomboys look good in a skirt. Oo la la. XD

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-13, 20:22   Link #617
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
In other words: that's a single hanchan. Aye, that clued me in as well, which implied: there's no "half-time" in this round. Yet, since it is a quarterfinal of the National tournament, it actually should be a 2-hanchan game, considering prefectural finals use that format.

Nodoka said it best in the first episode: Can't determine skill in this game off of just 1-hanchan.
Oh there is half-time, Funakuho just saw no need to inform Izumi since she couldn't run any calculations in the little time she had. Best to just trust in your teammate.

I imagine the single hanchan is just because it would have taken much longer to get through the prefectional finals if they did 2-hanchans for each of the 5 players. Ritz was already taking her time getting through it and wasn't done by the time the anime hit the final hand.

It was also mentioned by Fujika in the first series that it's more about luck with these rules.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 21:52   Link #618
CaptainCosmic

I'm pretty sure the matches are meant to be representing 2 hanchans; In episode 5 when she is walking back, Toki says she just played 2 East-Souths and asks how many more. Ryuuka answers 4, which would be 2 in the semifinals and 2 in the finals.
CaptainCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 22:25   Link #619
teja208
Critical fanboy

Cela with skirt? I don't see that coming, but it's refreshing so it's ok.

So does that mean everyone needs to wear uniform when it's their turn to play? What about Shizuno? Let alone the proper uniform, she doesn't even wear skirt or pants or underwear.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 22:38   Link #620
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Cela with skirt? I don't see that coming, but it's refreshing so it's ok.

So does that mean everyone needs to wear uniform when it's their turn to play? What about Shizuno? Let alone the proper uniform, she doesn't even wear skirt or pants or underwear.
No underwear is the standard, and Senriyama is a pretty well known school apparently, so they need to keep images, while Achiga is almost as much of an underdog as Kiyosumi. Shizu wearing almost nothing is the closest Achiga has to Nodoka's "talents". Well, the second closest thing, but Yuu won't take off even a piece of clothing for no one.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri