AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 20:45   Link #921
Marina2

Speaking of personality, Someone like Shizuno is the best candidate you should put to fight with those monster players. If you don't have someone with good enough skill then send in someone who never give up or fall in despair easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Dear god, why does Saki (the girl) get so much love? She's ok, but I think there are so much better characters in the series. Oh well, at least Toki made it second, even passing Hisa and the Koromo I know, new character, but still, that is one hell of an accomplishment. Sickly girls for the win, I guess.

To be accuulate, Toki character type is called "Cooldere / Kuudere". This character type has the same (or more) popularity level as Tsundere. Any anime or manga with this type of character are WIN.
Old 2012-05-29, 21:02   Link #922
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Speaking of personality, Someone like Shizuno is the best candidate you should put to fight with those monster players. If you don't have someone with good enough skill then send in someone who never give up or fall in despair easily.
Hence, y'gotta wonder: WTF was Kazekoshi doing sending Kana in as 5th? Of course, it's because she had a taste of Koromo's beatdown; but she didn't expect Saki to come along. Even so, that's a contingency that a team should really account for.

Kana's strength is much better suited for 1st position.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:29   Link #923
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Hence, y'gotta wonder: WTF was Kazekoshi doing sending Kana in as 5th? Of course, it's because she had a taste of Koromo's beatdown; but she didn't expect Saki to come along. Even so, that's a contingency that a team should really account for.

From what I've heard, it's a fairly common practice for teams to put their aces in the Vanguard position with the second-strongest players in the Captain position (e.g. Shiraitodai).

Maybe Kazekoshi hoped to create a large enough lead with Mihoko at the first position to make it easier for Kana to deal with Koromo. Obviously, it didn't work out as planned, but I can see the logic behind it.
Old 2012-05-29, 21:31   Link #924
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

To be accuulate, Toki character type is called "Cooldere / Kuudere". This character type has the same (or more) popularity level as Tsundere. Any anime or manga with this type of character are WIN.
I see, I alway have a problem idenifying those characters. However, I think the awesome chemistry with Ryuuka may have something to do with her popularity as well.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 21:37   Link #925
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
From what I've heard, it's a fairly common practice for teams to put their aces in the Vanguard position with the second-strongest players in the Captain position (e.g. Shiraitodai).
To be specific, it's mentioned to be a recent thing competition-wise; the "traditional" position of the ace is actually the midfield, where Hisa is playing, though it's also not unusual for the ace to also be placed in the Captain position. Putting the ace in the Vanguard though ensures that should a school get the lead (as Mihoko demonstrated in S1), they can more or less capitalize on it, especially if those that follow are also strong players.
Old 2012-05-29, 21:44   Link #926
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post

Maybe Kazekoshi hoped to create a large enough lead with Mihoko at the first position to make it easier for Kana to deal with Koromo. Obviously, it didn't work out as planned, but I can see the logic behind it.
Yep. That's the Pokemon line of strategy with regards to choosing order. Of course, it's always a balance of risk-vs-reward.

The thing about Kana: she appears to be the type who's a heavy hitter. Maybe Kana's better off in the middle of the pack. At the same time, looking at the other 3 Kazekoshi members -- none of these appear to be good starters. Though, glasses-girl might actually be able to hold out too at 1st position.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:43   Link #927
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Kana's supposed to be pretty strong, as Mihoko states that Kana has a good percentage (I guess...?) against Kazekoshi alumni when she (Kana) was being punished by the coach during the prefectural tournament, I think.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 07:49   Link #928
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I see, I alway have a problem idenifying those characters. However, I think the awesome chemistry with Ryuuka may have something to do with her popularity as well.
A-awesome Chemistry? Aren't they "sisters" in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
To be specific, it's mentioned to be a recent thing competition-wise; the "traditional" position of the ace is actually the midfield, where Hisa is playing, though it's also not unusual for the ace to also be placed in the Captain position. Putting the ace in the Vanguard though ensures that should a school get the lead (as Mihoko demonstrated in S1), they can more or less capitalize on it, especially if those that follow are also strong players.
There are many ways of putting your strongest player in. It depends on the enemy player's monster level/ Cool level.
Usually, putting Teru in Vanguard will give the school a lot of head start for the next person, due to the fact that if there is no way to counter Teru's skill, it is as good as killing many Zakus with a Psycho Gundam piloted by a newtype who has very strong pressure.

Quote:
Yep. That's the Pokemon line of strategy with regards to choosing order. Of course, it's always a balance of risk-vs-reward.

The thing about Kana: she appears to be the type who's a heavy hitter. Maybe Kana's better off in the middle of the pack. At the same time, looking at the other 3 Kazekoshi members -- none of these appear to be good starters. Though, glasses-girl might actually be able to hold out too at 1st position.
Note: Kana is only a heavy hitter if she gets into heavy trouble.(e.g. : Her points are below 10k.) Otherwise, she can be a cannon fodder.

Question: Should we put Tsuruga's beginner at the captain's row?

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-05-30 at 08:00.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:59   Link #929
Marina2

Prepare for heavy blood loss!

Spoiler for Toki x Ryuuka NSFW:
Old 2012-05-30, 13:32   Link #930
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:

Excuse me while I take a reservation at the nearby bloodbank. I think I'm going to need it once a HQ version appears,
Old 2012-05-30, 14:18   Link #931
Kyuu
=^^=

And... THAT... is how you sell mahojng...
Old 2012-05-30, 14:49   Link #932
tsunade666

Quote:

oh crap, massaging my forehead for the upcoming high blood pressure.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 15:30   Link #933
Kyuu
=^^=

Just wondering:

Who here sees the personification withing some of the Saki characters -- regarding the various human reactions, ways of thinking, and emotions pertaining to playing mahjong?

And no, I'm not talking anything about the lack of underwear.

First example: Kana. The despair of being low in points. This feeling is real. It's an utterly despairing feeling. If the pressure is a lot, then it's even greater. At the same time, players under this state of low score -- may actually play in ways... different than usual.
Old 2012-05-30, 18:44   Link #934
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:

Because Kana was the only player kept besides the captain left from the previous year and I think she wanted revenge against Koromo for ravaging her team mate the previous year, and the the captain had to handle Jun because apparently in the previous year their first player(and two others) lost bad enough to quit the team after, iirc.
Old 2012-05-30, 19:14   Link #935
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

*Scarletknive takes 750000 damage from the picture shown.*

Young High School Girls.... BANZAI!!! *Heavy blood loss occur*

Excuse me while I go to the nearest bloodbank for reservation for blood transfusion...

Ahh too late someone revive me after this. I have no regrets in my forum life! *dies from losing too much blood and not getting immediate treatment.*

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-05-30 at 20:05.
Old 2012-05-30, 19:57   Link #936
gaiar31

Fight Toki x Ryuuka with Agika Team

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-30 at 20:16. Reason: change to images tag
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 20:04   Link #937
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post

Images
*revives*
Erm... Nothing to say.

*The picture dealt 500000 damage to Scarletknive*

Nice though.

See how the HQ version of Toki x Ryuuka looks like first.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-30 at 20:16. Reason: change to images tag in quote
Old 2012-05-30, 20:15   Link #938
night_sentinel

Hey guys check this out ... it seemed achiga has a chance of a second season!

http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-in-the-works/

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/30/a...nopan-mahjong/
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 20:24   Link #939
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Hey guys check this out ... it seemed achiga has a chance of a second season!

http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-in-the-works/

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/30/a...nopan-mahjong/
Second season to Achiga? And outright forget the Saki main storyline?
Old 2012-05-30, 20:35   Link #940
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post

Images
I had already seen most of these, but still, MOTHER OF GOD, LOOK AT YUU No wonder Kuro likes Nodoka's breasts so much, they remind her of home.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri