AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-29, 22:16   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Episode 26: Her Reason [Spoilers]

So, this is the fated episode 26, the episode on which most series conclude. I hope BONES won't disappoint after such a dramatic 25...

Alright, discuss!!
Old 2004-03-29, 22:33   Link #2
Crimzon
Concrete Cowboy

Send a message via AIM to Crimzon
Maybe I'm missing something... but what's there to discuss? I am new here, don't know the perticular forum traditions, but wouldn't it make sense to have future speculation in ep 25's thread, and then start this once 26 comes out?
Old 2004-03-29, 22:38   Link #3
ZeroKun

this series is set at 52 eps.........
Old 2004-03-29, 22:47   Link #4
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Send a message via ICQ to hubrisnxs Send a message via AIM to hubrisnxs
Well the first season finale appeared to be episode 25...which would make it set at 50 if the second season is also 25 eps.

Maybe 52 including specials/hour-long eps maybe...? Or they would just add 2 eps the second season, heh.
Old 2004-03-29, 22:50   Link #5
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
Color me stupid but what the hell is BONES?
Old 2004-03-29, 22:56   Link #6
Crimzon
Concrete Cowboy

Send a message via AIM to Crimzon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Color me stupid but what the hell is BONES?
They are a production/animation studio. They also did these anime:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Kidou Tenshi Angelic Layer
Rahxephon
Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku
Scrapped Princess
Wolf's Rain

Check out www.animenfo.com

If I remeber correctly... I saw their name attatched to the Cowboy Bebop movie as well.
Old 2004-03-29, 23:28   Link #7
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubrisnxs
Well the first season finale appeared to be episode 25...which would make it set at 50 if the second season is also 25 eps.

Maybe 52 including specials/hour-long eps maybe...? Or they would just add 2 eps the second season, heh.
Again, for the last time... according to the DVD box count, unless they changed the DVD ep count, its 2+4x12 = 50 episodes. And there is nothing special about this 26th episode beside a new op/ed and a nice filler plot created by the editor of the manga who wanted more Winry... (Ok, it was created by the actual mangaka, but the editor begged him to put more winry in or something...) And NO winry and ed dont hook up... so stop going "i wonder if its going to happen"

Last edited by bayoab; 2004-03-29 at 23:32. Reason: Anti-winry-fanboy rant
Old 2004-03-30, 00:08   Link #8
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
What ?? 25 for FMA ..it should be 52 ..what happened ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
this series is set at 52 eps.........
Old 2004-03-30, 01:50   Link #9
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon
Maybe I'm missing something... but what's there to discuss? I am new here, don't know the perticular forum traditions, but wouldn't it make sense to have future speculation in ep 25's thread, and then start this once 26 comes out?
Signed. You should make this thread on the day the episode airs, not an entire friggen week ahead of it.
Old 2004-03-30, 04:48   Link #10
neoko

dam...now whos going to replace hughes role, he was such a factor to the story...kept me from going boohoo!! nooo...
Old 2004-03-30, 08:02   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Alright, I apologize for posting this a week early -- I won't do that anymore.

I thought the new opening/ending started in Episode 27, but I guess I'm wrong. In that case, I can't wait!
Old 2004-03-30, 08:23   Link #12
Obakemono

There were no new openings, or ends in this one... but the series lost the greatest character ever.... I'm crying on the inside....

Edit: Haha.... I just figured out that I'm speaking about ep.25... Yeah, don't start to speculate about the new episode, it's making me confused...
Old 2004-03-30, 08:31   Link #13
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
RIP Hughes. Get over it. Play ball.

Alright, it may sound a bit early, but i think it's about time we should brush-up the sad events of Episode 25, and move on! R.I.P Brigadier Maes Hughes, have a good one mate. You've done us proud.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-30, 09:27   Link #14
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Alright, it may sound a bit early, but i think it's about time we should brush-up the sad events of Episode 25, and move on! R.I.P Brigadier Maes Hughes, have a good one mate. You've done us proud.

Spoiler:
I don't understand FMA fanboys.. I really don't... I think im the only one cursing bones and such... and it isnt too early to start discussing the new episode... I really do not know how people can confuse the two.... anyway... done ranting, spoilage time
Providing bones does not screw the manga too hard.... here is what SHOULD happen... (minimal spoilage after the first 5 min or so)...
Rush valley is the home to automail as winry said... so alot of people have it.

Spoiler for that other person:

Spoiler for the rest of the ep(minimal spoilage):

Spoiler for NOBODY HOOKS UP DAMNIT, THIS IS A SHONEN SERIES:
Old 2004-03-30, 10:13   Link #15
neoko

winry...doesn't hook up...dam THAT F***ING sucks...at least one girl please Ed, even Al...just one...will make me dam happy :P
Old 2004-03-30, 10:37   Link #16
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Point: They don't need to hook up as what you think (overt kissing, hugging, tears when looking at each other, etc)

Point: Shounen manga does have romance. But it is not like the above. Flame of Recca can be considered a Shounen manga. The relationship between Rekka & Yanagi is Shounen romance. Tonnes of other Shounen manga have this type of relationship in one form or the other as well (the same amount of Shounen action-based mangas have endless purposeless fights with nothing worth of substance to show).

Point: Nobody should expect Winry & Edward to immediatedly think "Oh my! let's hit the sack together", "Hey you! I like you wanna be mine?" or anything like that. What might happen is that they find their emotions or bond to each other is deepening as time goes by. And that is a one of the paths to a final pairing.

Point: Roze is a whiny bitch. Deal with it. She's not going to be with Edward. Period.

Spoiler for Ep26 will not be a straight adaptation of the manga's Rush Valley story:
Old 2004-03-30, 11:55   Link #17
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Point: Nobody should expect Winry & Edward to immediatedly think "Oh my! let's hit the sack together", "Hey you! I like you wanna be mine?" or anything like that. What might happen is that they find their emotions or bond to each other is deepening as time goes by. And that is a one of the paths to a final pairing.
This is why I prefer shounen romances more--because of the way they are usually portrayed. Shoujo tends to "tell more" while shounen tends to simply show while the "telling" trails along. It's up to the viewer to simply understand from such a development. Whatever, I don't usually watch shoujo romances anyway. I'm just sharing my opinion based on what I have observed from the few I have watched.

Sorry, kinda off-topic here.

Quote:
Point: Roze is a whiny bitch. Deal with it. She's not going to be with Edward. Period.
And, yeah I think so too. Not that much I guess, but she does irritate me to some extent.
Old 2004-03-30, 14:13   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
I totaly disagree, Hughes was my favourite character of all. I will mourn his death like a little baby for a long time!!! I will not "brush-up" on this and don't tell me otherwise.
Old 2004-03-30, 20:49   Link #19
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
I totaly disagree, Hughes was my favourite character of all. I will mourn his death like a little baby for a long time!!! I will not "brush-up" on this and don't tell me otherwise.
Very well said! I can't even consider forgetting about Hughes already, or even getting over his death. I mourned Nina for a while, why not Hughes?
Old 2004-03-31, 00:46   Link #20
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Point: Shounen manga does have romance. But it is not like the above. Flame of Recca can be considered a Shounen manga. The relationship between Rekka & Yanagi is Shounen romance. Tonnes of other Shounen manga have this type of relationship in one form or the other as well (the same amount of Shounen action-based mangas have endless purposeless fights with nothing worth of substance to show).
True... but this isnt what the FMA fanboys want....

About the spoiler, right, forgot about that... well, that would be 3 chapters worth of stuff. I doubt bones would stuff that much in.
Closed Thread