AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 10:23   Link #81
sayde

The chapter 455 thread has been made. Please direct relevant discussions there.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 14:02   Link #82
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I have red a few Naruto chapters here and there...

Kubo and Kishi are two different storytellers, I really don't think you can compare their writing styles. It all depends on which one you prefer. In my opinion Bleach chapters have a LOT of content. The difference is, in Bleach you actually have to "think" about said content. Unlike Naruto, which requires no thinking at all (No offense to Naruto fans It's just how I feel)
Bleach is character driven, and so Kubo spends as much of his time developing his characters as does the story
The truth is, I find Naruto too childish for my tastes and it doesn't hold my attention. Naruto is just some Ninja's, it bores me to tears. I find that Bleach is more mature and comparable to a Seinen. With Naruto is blatantly obvious it's for the "chirren" (Children) Kishi needs to explain every thing. It's like when you're in elementary school, and the information is simplified and explained in great detail and then when you get into college, it's not simplified anymore, and you have to truly use your noodle. Naruto is like the former, and Bleach is like the latter imo.

I personally think that most fans problems with Bleach is, they find everyone but Ichigo fascinating and so they're dissatisfied when he's the main focus of a chapter. Whenever the chapter is about Ichigo, they gripe about all the "forgotten characters" or not seeing the characters they're most interested in, like Isshin and Urahara, or the mystery Shinigami and generally wish he would disappear. Whenever he's the feature, they start to complain that the story is going nowhere because it's only about Ichigo

This chapter had a lot of content...in my opinion most, if not ALL the chapters have a lot of content. It's just no matter what Kubo does the fans complain. I am not saying it's not okay for you guys to be unhappy. I am just saying that all the senseless, bashing and whining about the chapters, makes it hard for me to enjoy Bleach discussions like I used to. Hell people complain because they don't know what's going on or they complain about cliffhangers as if Kubo is supposed to tell you everything in one chapter. When he does tell you a lot, then fans complain about him wasting pages with unnecessary dialogue or explainations. It's a matter of what you like. I think that Bleach chapters have a lot of content and I don't see him "dragging it out" like a lot of other fans do.

You'll never get me to say, that Naruto is better than Bleach, that Kishi is better writer than Kubo...NEVER! (I'd rather get shot in the head before I ever utter such a LIE)

As for "taking away Ichigo's future" I doubt Isshin and Urahara mean to try something that will keep Ichigo from restoring his powers.

"Stick your reiatsu in here" besides the sexual connotation, it sounds like they're giving him some juice. ..not trying to take anything away
The content of a single chapter is not a matter of writing style, LoP. It's simply content. There's either more or less. It's not a matter of opinion. Simply having to think more about the content will not increase it. That's the quality of content, not quantity. I was never talking about quality and specifically mentioned that I wasn't trying to say Naruto is better.
Old 2011-07-08, 11:14   Link #83
Aqua Knight

Kishi makes clear what he wanted to say. And Bleach doesn't make this, so you and other Bleach fans overthink and make crazy hidden theories from any signs. Yeah, some assumptions are cool and all, but some are just ridiculous, so you can't count that as content. And by the way name some things that Bleach fans "think" of , compared to Naruto.

Both are mainstream mangas and are aimed for teenagers, not for people like at leasst over 18-20. So you can't say that Naruto is for children and Bleach is for more mature people, because going from 14 to 17 years is more mature.

You say, that
Quote:
When he does tell you a lot, then fans complain about him wasting pages with unnecessary dialogue or explainations. It's a matter of what you like. I think that Bleach chapters have a lot of content and I don't see him "dragging it out" like a lot of other fans do.
How then can you explain big panels without backgrounds, with just an eye, hand or a leg in it?

I agree it's a matter of taste in liking any manga and I too like Bleach more.

And how many chapters of Naruto and which ones have you read?
Old 2011-07-09, 10:48   Link #84
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post

How then can you explain big panels without backgrounds, with just an eye, hand or a leg in it?
or Aizen's massive index finger

Also...I just blew through this chapter like it was 5 pages...Tsukuchima or whatever is really playing his cards well, even though Inoue and Chad don't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Ichigo...they'll prove to be plenty enough for obvious reasons.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 15:03   Link #85
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
or Aizen's massive index finger
Come on, that was awesome
Old 2011-07-10, 07:06   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

put that panel in a YouTube video to One Winged Angel
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote