AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-28, 02:26   Link #2161
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
I was just stopping in to drop of Mikono recolored and redrawn with ShuShu or whatever that marshmallow-rabbit-eared- that seems to be Anti-AmataXMikono- -cat her of hers to ears because she looks weird without him in her hair (is it a "him"?)
Spoiler for Mikono Render:


and I got so confused, I almost thought I was in the Macross thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
More like Misa of Vaan if you want an hypothetical comparison of the 'second one'. Alto wasn't into Ranka to make the comparison valid. He was into paper planes until Sheryl made him see flying is better if he's not alone.
Actually he wasn't into Sheryl, because he was too preoccupied with Ranka until the asspull movies that don't even exist in my reality--but what has that have to do with Aquarion?
Is it because of Kawamori?

Oh yeah.. .
You just reminded of someone I should address


Edit: @LMK---I'm not mad, sure I did get a little annoyed with that "This is not Macross or Fanfiction blah blah blah" bit. I won't even lie about that, because I did find that pretty annoying........BUT I am just blunt. I don't pull punches, and yes sometimes it comes off as rude, but I wasn't trying to be rude. I just prefer to call it like I see it. However, I will forget about it no sooner than I hit save.So I bear you no grudge or malice. It's not like you hit my dog with your car....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
You have to remember that with each reincarnation, their personalities have been much different. If Apollonius and Apollo are any proof of this, I'd say. And Celienne didn't have as bad an attitude as Silvia.
That's where you're wrong, Silvia and Sirius (stop leaving him out) were a lot like Celiane--at least what we saw of her. "The Confrontation" you mentioned...was consistent with Silvia and Sirius' characters

Same thing with Apollo, and Apollonious. Apollonious didn't know what it was like to be human. Apollo was a beast--and acted like a dog because his character is based on a Greek god whom was called Lycanes because of his association with a wolf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I'm actually not shocked that you are the only one who didn't comprehend what I meant by my words.
Well I am shocked that you assumed I didn't comprehend what you said and didn't even consider that it might be the case where I understood you just fine and I simply disagreed with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Let me break it down; and when you respond, make sure you read the whole thing this time.
I said I "didn't really have time" because " I was busy" did I not?

That means I didn't really have time, and so I picked the topic sentence. Because everything else was just a "detail". Everything you said before that, was just you saying why you find the way I choose to ship the couples in Evol horribly wrong and it was all said just so you can lead up to the part I did answer. Again I had a lack of time and so I merely skimmed what you wrote, because I didn't have time. So instead I focused on what is called the "main idea " in grade-school. I don't really have time now but just for you I will nitpick everything you said this time. Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
  1. You cannot treat this like Macross: you meet all new characters, whole new storyline, new music, and no background connections to each other (meaning no reincarnations).

  2. This isn't Macross, nor is it fanfiction,
  3. wasn't Ranka the same way whenever Alto would be around Sheryl, except she wouldn't show Alto her weakness, and he'd be dumbfounded to what he did wrong?
  4. Amata, Mikono, and Zessica - even Kagura - are not Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl - or Brera
.

Am I the one who brought up Macross or the characters, or was it you? You're clearly the one who to be constantly reminded that "This is NOT Macross", not I
Just look at how many times you brought it up and this is not counting the argument you had with Shinji that spanned a few pages about Macross.
I know we're in Aquarion but I'm not sure that you do.
It would seem to me that you're the one who needs to write "This is not Macross" on your palm, so you can glance at it constantly while you peruse this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
BTW, you say Mikono is annoying...
Please don't put words on my keyboard (I can't really say "in my mouth" right?) I hate for people, to argue pov's I don't have. It's a pet peeve of mine.
I said "I tolerate her because of my ship" Because... In this case, I prefer Zessica's character over Mikono's. However, I never ever said she was annoying. Do you think she's annoying? Because it shouldn't have crossed your mind, since I didn't say it nor was I thinking it. That was you. I said I didn't feel "anything" for her. I don't care enough about her to feel anything for her--even annoyance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
They still have some, if not a very deep, connection to Apollonius and Celienne. he true couple is already there: Apollonius and Celienne. But the question is rather who is Apollonius and Celienne.
Um.......Isn't that what I told you? I could swear you told me that I was wrong for liking my preferred pairings and/or disliking your preferred pairing on the basis I shipped Apollonius and Celienne/Silvia and Apollo from the OS. What gives? Because I clearly stated my preferences and I also said I wasn't really sure who to ship.

I could also swear I told you that I was going to support whomever they were in the end --because of that very connection because I ship Apollonious and Celiane/Apollo and Silvia no matter what they look like, no matter whom they are. I just don't know who it is, but I know whom I would prefer it to be and who I don't want it to be. If the SHIP I like sinks, of course I won't like it. But it's not much I can do because they're "fated" lovers. So I don't know why you have an issue here especially since you said this...



Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
And with that being said, you cannot ship Aquarion. It's a known fact. so please stop trying to say "ship" here.
Seriously does that really make sense to you? You kind of went off on a tangent here.. . actually you that several times in this post -, but tonight I'm only nitpicking because you seem to want me to. Otherwise, I would have left most of this out

It seems like you don't have a true understanding of what a "ship" or a "shipper" is.

Because---
  • a "Ship" is any two characters that are romantically linked
  • a "Shipper" is called such because they're on "deck" with this paring therefore they ride the "ship" that's what make them a "shipper."

Ships can be canon or fanon, the former is not a requirement for it to be a "ship".


Which means, I can ship who I damn well please, whether canon supports me or not. Please don't tell me that I can't "ship" any of the main characters because of some rule that you made up. Especially when you're being a hypocrite just because I want to ship a paring that you dislike as a pairing . Because you said ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
There are no ships to this show unless you are talking about the ones approved so far: like Andy and Mix and the triangle of Shrade, Cayenne, and Sazanka.
So I have to ask you....Approved by whom? The fans? Or do you mean---You? because you just brought up a love triangle that is non-existent in the canon sources. Sazanka is a shipper on deck, when it comes to Cayenne and Shrade. She doesn't harbor any romantic feelings about wanting them to get with anyone but each other. Andy and Mix might become canon but there is nothing that says they are canon. The only "approval" either of those ships have is from the fans and Sezanka. So they're pretty much the same as the main characters you just declared were off-limits. You really contradicted yourself many times in this post you know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Mikono is actually a step up from Ranka here. That's why I like her so much. There's confrontation.
"there's confrontation" is actually "jealousy". She's not being confrontational, she's actually becomes withdrawn. That's different from Ranka who was a passive aggressive that didn't back down, no matter how insecure she was and also ..TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS. Like you said, Macross has no bearing on EVOL. So comparing the two is moot.
Did you say you liked Mikono because she reminds you of Ranka? Yet now you're going to find some flaw in her character just so you can say Mikono is better, in order to justify your shipping preferences.

Why can't you just say you like Amata and Mikono pairing without contriving a reason to do so?
....Why can't you just like them?

Because I refuse to nitpick anymore I am not answering the rest. Because, frankly I am tired. I have to get up early and it's getting redundant because basically all I see is contrivances and I see you blatantly shipping Amata and Mikono all while saying that you're not shipping them, when you're clearly shipping them. Hell you already cast Zessica in a "sisterly" roll when she's been anything but "sisterly" when it comes to Amata. I assure that incest isn't a norm in a brother and sister relationship.

The only person she's ever seemed "sisterly" to, is Mikono. If you can call it that

You have said over and over that you "like" Mikono and Amata pairing. They're adorable, and you've even said you were a shipper on board and if I didn't have to go to bed I would pull up every post you've ever said that in. So please stop saying "YOU CAN'T SHIP AQUARION" when you're blatantly shipping in Aquarion. You simply ride a different ship than I do. Otherwise you wouldn't be so defensive every time I say I don't think Amata is Apollon, nor would you keep trying to castrate me just because I prefer Amata with Zessica--because that's SHIPPING. You're doing it too. Instead of fronting like you're not shipping when you are, why dont just be honest and then ship openly, because it's not a secret. Hell anyone with half a brain can tell that you're a "Amata and Mikono" shipper.

Also you don't have to keep telling me that Apollon's soul might have split into two. Especially since everyone was so focused on Celiane being born as two people and I WAS the person who was the first to remind everyone about Apollonious. Which led to the debate on whether or not Aquarion was his wings, or power and not truly had a his soul residing in it or not. So you don't have to keep saying that, I'm well aware of that. However it doesn't mean that I have to like it and you can't tell me what I should or shouldn't like. Nor do you have the right to dictate which sides I should or shouldn't support. Especially when the reason for it, is based on your own preferences and your personal shipper code and not mine. Because I noticed that you said "I, Me" a lot and you didn't seem to realize that I AM NOT YOU. I think differently, I ship differently and you might not agree but you shouldn't presume to tell me things like "Shipping: You're doing it wrong" because ultimately I am not you

Now I am going to bed because I am tired, and I stayed up later than I was sussposed to just to anser this post--and now I no longer care so I probably went off an tangent towards the end--but who cares? I'm going to bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
To break down what I mean: there are no ships for Aquarion EVOL with the main characters. It is likely that two or even three of them are the reincarnations of Apollonius and Celienne. And until we have lasting proof of which ones are them, then even hints don't work very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post


My preference is Amata being Apollonius and Mikono being Celienne. That doesn't mean I'm shipping but rather trying to discover which of them is the original couple (the one and true couple). But I also realize that Amata might just be part of the original couple and not the whole reincarnation like Apollo was. The soul might've split into multiple parts this time. So I am not ship but observing to figure out whom is who. Otherwise, I do think that outside of the show, Amata and Mikono are just adorable together and Zessica is like an older sister to Amata (though my opinion of that one might change with time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post

I agree with all of this. And, a while back, I also speculated that Amata and Kagura are the same person, as there isn't much information on what Apollonius was like before meeting Celienne. Nor the other way around. And so I speculated that Mikono is also a part of Celienne because Zessica is much like Silvia.

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-28 at 02:43. Reason: added to it and corrected some grammar. Just not all of it because I'm tired damn it!!!
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:30   Link #2162
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
To me that episode was the least interesting so far. Probably the only episode I won't feel like watching a second time.

Mix abilities were cool but those nameless mooks weren't worthy opponents.

The only interesting thing was the fact that Jin is alive.

But next week episode seems absolutely awesome.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-28 at 02:42.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 03:40   Link #2163
mumucchi
hopeless romantic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
I'm kinda waiting for an episode wherein Mikono would be abducted to Altair so she can have time with Kagura. And then all of the questions regarding Altair would be answered.

I'm Mikono biased I know, it's kinda wishing for her to be the true eve, but no, it's more of kagura x mikono's screentime together with a sensible conversation.

I miss kagura's beastly voice shouting "ore no kuso onna!" T__T hope to see him next episode.
__________________


Kaguraaaaaaaaaa

mumucchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 03:57   Link #2164
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumucchi View Post
I'm kinda waiting for an episode wherein Mikono would be abducted to Altair so she can have time with Kagura. And then all of the questions regarding Altair would be answered.

I'm Mikono biased I know, it's kinda wishing for her to be the true eve, but no, it's more of kagura x mikono's screentime together with a sensible conversation.

I miss kagura's beastly voice shouting "ore no kuso onna!" T__T hope to see him next episode.
I would like to see them interact as well.
But maybe it could happen in another way. such Kagura coming to Vega once again.

I see great potential here. Mikono the easily offended prim and proper girl and the very crude Kagura who knows no social boundaries. XD
I would like to see Mikono's shocked face if he was to start sniffing her butt. XD
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 06:06   Link #2165
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
what Altair going to do with the "true eve" once they got her? Gangbang her to death?
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 06:24   Link #2166
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Spoiler for @LoP:


---

Back on topic, I think the entrance of Shushu was supposed to be a reminder of the love piece and also add some more comic relief. If I'm right to judge the small tidbits, the next few episodes are gonna start turning darker. So I'll take the Amata and Mikono scene this time as the comic relief. Albeit, I was hoping that if they'd kissed we'd get to find out if one of them was Apollonius and Celienne, but oh well... still a mystery for now.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 06:27   Link #2167
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
what Altair going to do with the "true eve" once they got her? Gangbang her to death?
Either she's really supposed to mate and bear 15+ children with different fathers, or maybe an human sacrifice of some sort ?

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-28 at 09:30.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 08:49   Link #2168
mumucchi
hopeless romantic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I see great potential here. Mikono the easily offended prim and proper girl and the very crude Kagura who knows no social boundaries. XD
I bet it would be a tarzan x jane conversation with kagura being the hot guy that he is and mikono trying to figure out the nostalgic, deja vu-ish feeling she has for kagura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I would like to see Mikono's shocked face if he was to start sniffing her butt. XD
hahah that shocked expression would be a blushing one (either from being offended and embarrased or being turned on ) either way, i would like to have them interact, so much for amata x mikono scenes (which is inevitable since they're the main pairing(?) here)


Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
what Altair going to do with the "true eve" once they got her? Gangbang her to death?
maybe the eve would be paired to either jin / kagura to bear the next generation of altair children. and with the eve on their planet, starting from those set of children, girls would be born and they're safe from extinction. it's not really eve mating as many boys as possible but a couple that can have children (as much as they like?)

I'm just speculating, don't take me seriously
__________________


Kaguraaaaaaaaaa

mumucchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:01   Link #2169
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
YAWARAKAAAAAA~I!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'd say her powers are double edged like the shedding of clothes. While it's powerful, it requires she take her hands off the controls. meaning it stops her from reacting to anything happening during that time she's trying to get her attack off.
I wonder if she doesn't has to be the head to use Absolute Clam. I think one doesn't have to be the head to make Aquarion use his/her Element power. Like Zess's power on #1-2 or Yunoha's invisibility. Even on the original Pierre still can channel his Element power so Solar Aquarion could use Fire Fist.

But maybe one's power will be stronger if he/she is the head?
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:29   Link #2170
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
^ I see that you stormed Gel once it came back on-line, didn't you.

Yay! Andy/MIX! Best couple if only for their interactions. XD
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:58   Link #2171
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
For me, the best is still Shrade Cayenne.

I'm looking to JinxAmata, because if fujoshi Sazanka ships it, it cannot be bad...XD But I cannot exactly understand how she can considere Amata a potential seme. That would be just wrong.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:01   Link #2172
mumucchi
hopeless romantic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Spoiler for nosebleed:

loled at this image, amata has the power to be perverted but still look innocent as possible
__________________


Kaguraaaaaaaaaa

mumucchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:06   Link #2173
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Either she's really supposed to mate and bear 15+ children with different fathers, or maybe an human sacrifice of some sort ?
Mikono, I feel sympathetic for ya...
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:17   Link #2174
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Mikono, I feel sympathetic for ya...
Nothing indicates Mikono is Altea number one possible choice.

But I suppose it's the abduction that would bring the most drama in the story. Both Amata and Cayenne going all emo over it.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-02-28 at 11:46.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:48   Link #2175
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
The Big Bang in Big Bang Gattai, hole and filling holes, and Mikono's power to connect people is a reference to Aquarion's last episode.

From the darkness of spaces (hole) is where the universe began.- Big Bang
You can also call the Big Bang as Genesis.

The Earth was torn apart but was made whole.- hole and hole filling

Silvia connected Apollo, Siruis, and Toma's feelings. This seems to confirm Mikono as Silvia as her power now is to connect people.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:56   Link #2176
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Silvia connected Apollo, Siruis, and Toma's feelings. This seems to confirm Mikono as Silvia as her power now is to connect people.
Unless I'm very much mistaken, that wasn't Silvia's power. At all. She had telekinesis, wasn't it?
The connection made in the original was all about her conveying her feelings and explaining things to the others; and being understood.

Not anything to do with an element power - but, seeing as this is a whole new series, anything is possible (I guess).
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 12:21   Link #2177
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Silvia indeed had telekinesis, which really is more in line with Zessica's power (the 'force hand' thing in one of the first two episodes).
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 12:22   Link #2178
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Unless I'm very much mistaken, that wasn't Silvia's power. At all. She had telekinesis, wasn't it?
The connection made in the original was all about her conveying her feelings and explaining things to the others; and being understood.

Not anything to do with an element power - but, seeing as this is a whole new series, anything is possible (I guess).
Silvia's power was telekinesis but this is another life hence elemental powers are not the same.

Using Zen/Gen Fudo's donut analogy Silvia was the hole surrounded by the donut ring of Apollo, Sirius and Toma.

The donut is the equivalent of the left and right hand connected by the space between.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:46   Link #2179
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
It could be a red herring with Mikono <-> Sylvia, much like Kagura <-> Apollo, but they are really making (made) the two of them seem to be pretty clear cut examples of their former selves. Kagura has literally taken on Apollo's bestial characteristics as his power, while Mikono has taken on Sylvia's importance in the final bond and made it her power. They have some sort of connection, the former being utterly entranced by the latter, and the latter remembering the former. They'd need a really good explanation for how Kagura is not Apollo, at this point, and almost to the same degree with Mikono because all of the imagery/allusions point in one way and we've not really been shown much in the way of counter-examples or options aside from Mikono having a reserved personality (which doesn't amount to much since she's a reincarnation and not an exact duplicate) or Kagura's exceptional crudeness and lack of any sort of finesse.

Spoiler for I thought I'd hide some reincarnation speculation...:
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 15:25   Link #2180
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I have been thinking that the ova ending is not so clear compared to tv series. What if apollo, silvia, reika combined thier souls and created 3 new characters in evol with combination of all 3 souls. It might sound farfetched but reika really needed some peace in the ova. And so by combining souls mikono wants to apologise to kagura cause reika stabbed him in ova and mikono remembers it. Like mikono having scent of silvia andlittle of herpower but memories of reika. Or mikono is tv series sirius and she wants to apologize for betraying apollo and silvia.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.