AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-07, 12:37   Link #2441
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: have you listened to that ED?
The ED sounds bittersweet but heartwarming and accepting at the same time.

I'm guessing that's what the ending will be like too since I really can't see the point of such an ED even though it is really good.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 12:41   Link #2442
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
They could just come over to this world and make the babies, but I guess if they did that there would be no point to the series >_>
I figured out why they can't just invade Vega... Most of them would die or be disabled during the transition.

My theory is that the portal tech they use is just a version of the teleportation system Sangrila/Deava/Neo-Deava uses. Hence Elements sortie with some known risk.

Altair has never caught female Elements. As evidenced by Jin and Kagura they are Elements. Those three pilots were likely Elements as well.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 15:25   Link #2443
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
It is also my guessing that the Altair's people will migrate to Vega, peacefully. As I wrote before i think that is Mykage that has schemed all to induce Altarians to help him. Even because I can't figure out any girl being a real Eve, I mean, for real. So they need to find a plausible way to fulfill their goal.
Anyways is five episodes that I'm waiting for a tone shift, at this point they will wait for the second cour, as GC.
Looking at how few villains we have, considering that I don't put Kagura in that group yet, I'm hardly figuring out how could Aquarion could not end with a happy ending, as kuromitsu says. But if Jin will switch side, for the law of equivalent exchange, someone needs to switch back to Altair. And how could Yunoha be that one? I can't see her doing that if Jin switched. So, who will? Again, the lack of clues point at Mikono or Zessica.
Ah, Jin is not traited so well being the last child of Altair. He also complained about it , so I keep on thinking that he is not the special one.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:07   Link #2444
preciously123
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I hope its happy ending too. Mikono better end up with someone. This whole attention she's getting with Amata and Kagura would be so stupid if she doesn't end up with one of them.
preciously123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:13   Link #2445
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
At the minimum, I feel the safest bet to place my hopes in is Andy and Mix. For now Mix isn't involve in the main plot the way the other girls are and Andy's already receiving his share of 'getting screwed' early so it doesn't hit him that hard later
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:27   Link #2446
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
personally i think celiane and apollonius reincarnations should never end up together. it is one of those cases of you love but not meant to be kind of stories. i think aquarion is that kind.
i also feel people need to understand those kind of stories.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 20:02   Link #2447
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Well I wouldn't even assume a 'good ending', or even 'bittersweet ending'. This is aquarion after all; their track record of having the reincarnations 'live happily ever after' is AFAIK very bad.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 20:51   Link #2448
preciously123
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
If you compare the level of romance between Apollo and Sylvia, would you say its the same with Amata and Mikono?

Amata and Mikono had scenes together that heavily implied that there was some romance going on there. They both show actions that clearly show their feelings towards each other.

I felt that Apollo and Sylvia only really had their moment of "love"on the final episode when Apollo had to go. It wasn't really shown throughout the whole series other than the fact that you knew they were going to end up together because they're the reincarnation of Apollonius and Celaine. I felt that most of the time Apollo was thinking about his friend Baron and fighting the evil guys and Sylvia was mostly thinking about her brother.

But.. i don't know i didn't really watch all episodes of the first season and wasn't really into it like I am with EVOL.

Here's hoping they give us a good ending with this one.
preciously123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:07   Link #2449
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm not sure why everybody's afraid of a "bad" ending; sure, original Aquarion didn't end on a "live happily ever after" note because of what happened to Apollo, but it was definitely more towards "good" than "bad." The OVA ended pretty well also, I'd say a bit better than the TV series. The only thing I'm worried about in regards to the ending is Kawamori pulling his little habit of the main couple not staying together.

And on a side note, found the "compiled" Megami scans pic showing all the Megami scans in this month's issue, and nope, there's no Aquarion even though there was a Nyantype one.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:24   Link #2450
preciously123
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I'm not sure why everybody's afraid of a "bad" ending; sure, original Aquarion didn't end on a "live happily ever after" note because of what happened to Apollo, but it was definitely more towards "good" than "bad." The OVA ended pretty well also, I'd say a bit better than the TV series. The only thing I'm worried about in regards to the ending is Kawamori pulling his little habit of the main couple not staying together.
Woops, i meant when I said hoping for a good ending, i mean for the main couple to stay together
preciously123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:35   Link #2451
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
We do have a second writer involved in this and she does have a tendency to keep to the main pairing... After doing everything she can to convince us otherwise.

Shinji, stings doesnt it to know that even Another has more coverage, and that show doesnt even have a third of the service in Aquarion
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 23:22   Link #2452
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
We do have a second writer involved in this and she does have a tendency to keep to the main pairing... After doing everything she can to convince us otherwise.
So what you're saying is...

We should be shipping Mikono/Kagura because they've done almost everything to convince us otherwise (to the point of removing Kagura from the plot for several episodes).

...

Spoiler for It all makes sense now:

It all makes sense now...
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 23:56   Link #2453
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Nah Vena, not True Tears more like Hanasaku

In both case, its the first pairing introduced that comes out at the end. Oh right, about Kagura, at this point she is slowly using him to plant the seeds of doubt and it has already taken affect in some of us sort of like that older guy in Hanasaku (forgot his name)
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 01:50   Link #2454
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
So what you're saying is...

We should be shipping Mikono/Kagura because they've done almost everything to convince us otherwise (to the point of removing Kagura from the plot for several episodes).

...

Spoiler for It all makes sense now:

It all makes sense now...
I would love it. XD

Pixiv is litterally flooded with YunohaxJin fanarts, it has 30 times as much as fanarts as any other pairs. It even defeats the yaoi.
Astounding. I'm currently liking it, even if Yunoha looking so loli creeps me.

Besides one less girl Amata could possibly crushes the heart of is definitly an excellent thing. *I hate harems and I hate love triangles too. There is always someone left in the dust. I loath it*
Anyway from the look of it, Amata could have been mere fap material to Yunoha. XD

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-08 at 02:16.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 02:25   Link #2455
preciously123
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

Besides one less girl Amata could possibly crushes the heart of is definitly an excellent thing. *I hate harems and I hate love triangles too. There is always someone left in the dust. I loath it*
Anyway from the look of it, Amata could have been mere fap material to Yunoha. XD
I agree, was never a fan of harems and love triangles. But for some reason, I'm really liking the Kagura, Mikono and Amata one. I don't mind it as much
preciously123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 02:54   Link #2456
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by preciously123 View Post
I agree, was never a fan of harems and love triangles. But for some reason, I'm really liking the Kagura, Mikono and Amata one. I don't mind it as much
I fear my distate for love triangle ended up generating a great dislike for the MikonoxAmata ship which is involved in not one but 2 of them.

And if you add my obvious preference for Kagura and Zessica, it's no wonder I really really detest it. Without the LT, it's probable I would just have been indifferent to it like I am to MixxAndy.

Damn those sadist writers !!

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-08 at 03:07.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 05:31   Link #2457
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
For clarity, what I meant by "the main couple not staying together," is that Kawamori has had a little habit over his past couple works where one or both of the main couple disappear/die/sacrifice themselves.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 06:38   Link #2458
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
mikono, zessica as it should be. also silvia and cool apollo.

http://www.carddas.com/crusade/lp/aquarion/
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 06:40   Link #2459
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: have you listened to that ED? But seriously, it feels like we're heading to a happy ending just because the show's been so light and chipper up to this point. Satisfying downer endings are hard to make work if you don't start out in a darker situation than EVOL did, so I think we're probably good unless there's a radical tone shift real soon now.
This is Kawamori we're talking about. It's bound to turn ugly at the half-point. Not to sound weird with this but a lot of Kawamori's series has started out fluffy and then turned quite dark towards the middle. The original Aquarion supports this as well as Escaflowne and multiple of his Macross series.

That's why kuromitsu is hoping for a good ending, because otherwise it is bound to be bittersweet, something we should hope not (given that we just had one on the Macross side). In a way, I think kuromitsu is hoping that Kawamori will balance out that by making Aquarion EVOL have a good ending (meaning a resolve or so).

IMO, I'm hoping for a good ending too but wouldn't be against the bittersweet part. Then again, this is Kawamori we're talking about... that's likely not to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciously123 View Post
If you compare the level of romance between Apollo and Sylvia, would you say its the same with Amata and Mikono?

Amata and Mikono had scenes together that heavily implied that there was some romance going on there. They both show actions that clearly show their feelings towards each other.

I felt that Apollo and Sylvia only really had their moment of "love"on the final episode when Apollo had to go. It wasn't really shown throughout the whole series other than the fact that you knew they were going to end up together because they're the reincarnation of Apollonius and Celaine. I felt that most of the time Apollo was thinking about his friend Baron and fighting the evil guys and Sylvia was mostly thinking about her brother.

But.. i don't know i didn't really watch all episodes of the first season and wasn't really into it like I am with EVOL.

Here's hoping they give us a good ending with this one.
Except, if memory serves for me, if you were watching the OS when it was being aired, you didn't know that Apollonius and Celienne were past lovers up until the past was revealed. As I recall, that was only foreshadowed for the beginning, not "all along."

But I agree that in the OS, there was little romance shown. Or at least what one would call romance...

Meanwhile, in EVOL, Amata and Mikono have the most romantic scenes thus far. They also have the most relationship build between the main three (or four) characters. Cheesy or not, they have romance blossoming between their characters, even if others choose not to see it. And IMO, if Cayenne is getting cautious of Amata, that means there's something developing, most likely.

Just remember here that Apollo and Silvia were abrasive towards one another until at least Episode 15-17. This is gonna take a while if Amata and Mikono are in the same boat.

And I am somehow starting to wonder if Zessica is part of Celienne. Her jealous towards Amata and Mikono being together has me questioning that, as Sirius showed a bit of this in the OS (not enough to say he had a sister complex, but a straight jealousy at Apollo). She also seems confused by her own feelings, which I find is rather odd for a girl like herself, as Mix and Yunoha seem unconfused by allowing boys into their hearts.

I'm also out to question what Kagura is... because so far, there is no concrete evidence to tie him to Apollonius. Behavior wise, he could still be a direct clone of Apollo. But the legendary vector hasn't chosen him nor have we seen his wings. I'm not going to dismiss all theories but if he is a clone, boy is this gonna get weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
For clarity, what I meant by "the main couple not staying together," is that Kawamori has had a little habit over his past couple works where one or both of the main couple disappear/die/sacrifice themselves.
You know, I like your quote for Kawamori much better than mine.


Anyway, preciously123, I doubt that we'll get a "happy ending" with the main couple. Looking at Kawamori's track record, rarely does he have happy endings for his main pair. (Like I've said above, take Macross and Escaflowne as examples.) If that's what you're hoping for, you're getting it too high. And considering the OS, the chances of that are slim if he's thinking about doing another Aquarion in the future.

As I recall though, he wasn't planning on a sequel to Aquarion in the first place. So that bittersweet ending was meant to be the end just like Escaflowne.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 06:49   Link #2460
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
I find myself in a bit of a predicament regarding this hot topic.


AT THE MOMENT, all signs points to Kagura being Apollo and Mikono being Silvia, which as LMK was furiously defending a few pages back, means that they are the one true pairing of this series and nothing is ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever gonna change that. That's fine since after Mashiro-Iro Symphony, I've come to accept that my life is nothing but a romantic disappointment in every sense.


BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, as Mayumi never stop reminding us, this is a show that screws with it's main couple and that they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be together. So that would mean that Kagura would eventually lose Mikono, who's reasons for apologizing would be clear, to Amata who is hinted to be well-hung and doesn't have to wait 12000 Anime years for.


So this is all really very conflicting for me as I have no idea what I want anymore.


In summary, Welcome to Aquarion.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.