AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-18, 18:20   Link #2861
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If Kagura had human limits, sure. He's being compared with a wolf or a dog or whatever. They know their own scent because they usually imprint it on their territory.
And on their belongings. I mean that's why cats rub themselves against humans, to mark them as their own food-dispensers. (And I guess it feels nice for the cat.)

But just to play devil's advocate, Kagura doesn't necessary smell only the same things animals do. I mean, I think we can safely assume that Amata bathes and washes his hair, and he sweats and whatnot, so he must have a smell. So either the writers have completely ignored this, or Kagura's sense of smell works on a more, shall we say "metaphysical" level. (I mean, if nothing else Kagura should've been able to smell his shampoo or something, unless they use the same brand. Then again, that kind of strays into BL doujinshi territory...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:47   Link #2862
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
The image of a visibly perturbed Mykage floating away from a cat just came to mind.

I also just realized: it looks like Alisia probably did her own stunts in "Skies of Aquaria", doesn't it? Not sure exactly why but I find this hilarious, maybe due the way Amata *still* has issues controlling his abilities?

And it's a good thing Zessica didn't find that picture of Andy (with Kagura in the background) Amata bought a few episodes back, isn't it? Talk about potential misunderstandings...

That's about it for my random asides inspired by this week's episode, I think. What an episode it was though, very possibly the best yet.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:08   Link #2863
HimeaSaito
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
If Mikono and Kagura are the reincarnation of Apollo and Slivia? Wouldn't there be problem for them to be reunited again cause Cayenne's element Prophecy of Despair see those two as the worst Union.

I think the reason why those two are in those prophecy are b/c Apollo and Sylvie had been torn from each other and wanting to be reunited might cause a repeat from Mikono and Kagura from their time.......

Amata is probably a hybrid of the shadow angel or descendant of Apollonius. If Alicia has the same power as Amata then wouldn't the both of them have no scent since Angel are just no human being --ish..... maybe
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:28   Link #2864
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
If Mikono and Kagura are the reincarnation of Apollo and Slivia? Wouldn't there be problem for them to be reunited again cause Cayenne's element Prophecy of Despair see those two as the worst Union.

I think the reason why those two are in those prophecy are b/c Apollo and Sylvie had been torn from each other and wanting to be reunited might cause a repeat from Mikono and Kagura from their time.......

Amata is probably a hybrid of the shadow angel or descendant of Apollonius. If Alicia has the same power as Amata then wouldn't the both of them have no scent since Angel are just no human being --ish..... maybe
I think it's because Mykage is intending to use them to get the Aquarion that is keeping the Vega earth together, thus leading to the planet destruction. Good reason for loads and loads of people to mourn in Cayenne's vision.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:37   Link #2865
HimeaSaito
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Quote:
I think it's because Mykage is intending to use them to get the Aquarion that is keeping the Vega earth together, thus leading to the planet destruction. Good reason for loads and loads of people to mourn
Oh...!!! Now i get it... Is Mykage really his real name cause he really look like Toma cause Toma suspended himself to wait for Apollo to reborn again???

Does anyone know the new future episode???

Ep 13 is the Giant... something something
Ep 14 Beast of Love *i think*
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:41   Link #2866
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Oh...!!! Now i get it... Is Mykage really his real name cause he really look like Toma cause Toma suspended himself to wait for Apollo to reborn again???

Does anyone know the new future episode???

Ep 13 is the Giant... something something
Ep 14 Beast of Love *i think*
He isn't proven to be Touma.


I just noticed that the person who designed the male characters has a huge glove fetish. Except for Shrade the pianist, they all have gloves XD
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:18   Link #2867
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
i would find it rather funny if there is some serious role reversal going on here. i felt the same last episode as well.
i noticed that movie actor apollon's eyes were bluish green.
Spoiler:
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:32   Link #2868
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Who else noticed the heart? Possibly yummy symbolism...

Spoiler for Heart:


I can't be the only one who sees some really bad shit happening to Amata in these next few episodes, right? After finally opening up about his mom (to the girl that not only looks like her but also just got compared to her), he's (and the just right for the mid season climax) ripe to get himself/his heart utterly crushed/destroyed. Likewise, Mikono just opened up about her brother leaving her... and his sudden re-increase in screen time and all the talk (from himself and Shrade) about his desire to protect his sister. (You know these things aren't coincidental.) Zessica is going to do something or this build up with her is going to be utterly pointless (all of it, enough to make you wonder why she's even in a triangle that's so... one sided).

And, anyone else fairly convinced that Jin/Yunoha are going to do something very bad soon? Like, I don't know, releasing a certain beast that's driven by love?
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:38   Link #2869
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But just to play devil's advocate, Kagura doesn't necessary smell only the same things animals do. I mean, I think we can safely assume that Amata bathes and washes his hair, and he sweats and whatnot, so he must have a smell.
So Mikono and Shrade are sweaty and dirty bums? I know an animal lives in Mikono's hair, but Shrade looked pretty clean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Zessica is going to do something or this build up with her is going to be utterly pointless (all of it, enough to make you wonder why she's even in a triangle that's so... one sided).
Personally, I think that was mean to foreshadow the possibility that she is also part Sylvia (that was Sylvia's main power, by the way). Just to add more hints to the fans of the original since she's the one who is having actual visions of the past, rather than Mikono.

If it was there to foreshadow she would do something, then her actions could have spoiled the movie. Instead, she quietly kept things away to herself in a sullen way again.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-03-18 at 21:53.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:13   Link #2870
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Personally, I think that was mean to foreshadow the possibility that she is also part Sylvia (that was Sylvia's main power, by the way). Just to add more hints to the fans of the original since she's the one who is having actual visions of the past, rather than Mikono.

If it was there to foreshadow she would do something, then her actions could have spoiled the movie. Instead, she quietly kept things away to herself in a sullen way again.
I didn't mean for Zessica to do something malicious to ruin the film (that others are enjoying, which would be a bit too far out of character) but do something, possibly, to Mikono when presented the opportunity to *take Amata*. Which isn't a half-bad bet at this point. I won't deny that it is also a peculiarity that she has a power similar to Sylvia's but, if that was their goal from the get go, I'm not sure why they developed her the way they did. (So far much of Zessica's development since episode eight has felt rather insubstantial and, well, pointless because its not only been a vastly different showing of her character but also because it has not done anything. Her attraction to Amata feels like some loose appendage that's been stuck on with Elmer's glue and it existing hardly serves any purpose at the moment. They could have just as easily played up the much more triangle-shaped triangle between Kagura/Mikono/Amata without needing to involve Zessica.)

And powers have proved to be rather deceptive in this show with our main boy having been the most obvious candidate for Apollonius/Apollo... until he suddenly wasn't. Then again, its hard to discern what is being made obvious for the story and what is being made *obvious* for the sake of a twist.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:14   Link #2871
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Vena: that's a cool thing to notice, I certainly didn't catch it while I was watching. Impressive dedication, too, editing the image on a phone. Sure seems like next week's episode should be a real doozy, but I'm backing away from even trying to predict who'll do what when. I'm just along for the ride (...and the fabulousness).

I somewhat agree on Zessica. I think her character is still easily salvageable if we get some more insight into her motivation for what she does. If it comes down to she really is in love with Amata and jealous of Mikono that's going to feel a bit lame right now. If instead it's some generalized "no one sees the real me! no one appreciates me for who I am!" it would turn out fine as long as it's introduced smoothly. So I'm waiting and seeing what happens.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:34   Link #2872
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I somewhat agree on Zessica. I think her character is still easily salvageable if we get some more insight into her motivation for what she does. If it comes down to she really is in love with Amata and jealous of Mikono that's going to feel a bit lame right now. If instead it's some generalized "no one sees the real me! no one appreciates me for who I am!" it would turn out fine as long as it's introduced smoothly. So I'm waiting and seeing what happens.
The problem is that there's been no action to indicate anything but her roasting in the boil of jealousy. She's literally done nothing for the past four episodes with regards to her feelings other than watch and appear dejected. There's nary a thing to point in some sort of *no one sees the real me!* direction due to this inactivity, ie. no new development to change the path set from episode eight. So, yes, the former is currently the most likely option and just how *lame* it is will depend on the impact which could be met with surprise or sighs from the audience.

That said, we need to make a list of *that's obvious* for this show and see how many things turn out to be genuinely obvious and how many were *obvious* before the plot twist slapped us in the face.

Oh, and before I forget, on the whole issue of smells from the episodes back: remember that Kagura tracked Mikono across an entire city in episode five and he did confirm, once he got to her, that she was the smell he was after. Even if his sense of smell requires proximity (which explains why he was blindly chasing vectors), he's confirmed to us that it was Mikono that he was after. (This also lets us avoid a few small contradictions (possible) from him already having smelled Zessica with no interest.)

Double oh! Mykage can clearly fuck with Vega from his throne room. I don't see why he couldn't have been fucking with Zessica.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:41   Link #2873
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Vena: well, my spidey sense on her for awhile has been saying she's lonely and doesn't have any real friends. Respected by the other girls, yes, but only superficially friendly with the other top female pilots (MIX and Sazanka). It's ambiguous and I'm pretty sure we went over this a few pages back so I won't really make the case, just say that that's how I see it.

That's my contribution to the *that's obvious* pile for now.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:57   Link #2874
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Just saw the raw for episode 12.

All I could think at the end was this
Spoiler for iceberg:


And from the preview it looks like
Spoiler for preview:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:02   Link #2875
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And powers have proved to be rather deceptive in this show with our main boy having been the most obvious candidate for Apollonius/Apollo... until he suddenly wasn't. Then again, its hard to discern what is being made obvious for the story and what is being made *obvious* for the sake of a twist.
No he's still a candidate. Souls have been shown to split. For the time being Kagura seems to be at least a part of Apollo (though i wouldn't put it past Mikage to just be wanting to make Kagura think that he is). I'm more leaning towards Kagura being a clone of Apollo meant for Mikage's plan to resurrect the original Aquarion. He's TOO similar to Apollo. All reincarnation that have been shown before look at least a little different from the previous incarnation and have been shown to have different personalities as well. Amata is very likely the other half or possibly a second reincarnation of Apollonius instead.

My personal favorite is my idea that Kagura was just a separated portion of Amata, the real reincarnation, that was done by Mikage.
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-19 at 01:25.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:07   Link #2876
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They could have just as easily played up the much more triangle-shaped triangle between Kagura/Mikono/Amata without needing to involve Zessica.)
I agree. But they did involve her. She, and not Mikono, gets flashbacks the viewers can see. She, and not Mikono, gets the most recognizable Sylvia Elemental power. And she has been discreetly kept away from Kagura mostly for some reason. I wish they hadn't thrown her into the reincarnation bs, but they did. I was happy before she began to have those visions.

Mykage might want her to be deliberately ignored. Remember what he said? If everyone admired a single flower, there is no reason for the garden to bloom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And powers have proved to be rather deceptive in this show with our main boy having been the most obvious candidate for Apollonius/Apollo... until he suddenly wasn't. Then again, its hard to discern what is being made obvious for the story and what is being made *obvious* for the sake of a twist.
That's your speculation, tbh. Kagura has always been the most obvious candidate. So obvious that he's even described on the website and Kawamori that he's the one who resembles Apollo. Instead, it seems that Amata takes it after her mom, Alisia, and he has never gotten a flashback so far (all his nostalgia is born of mommy abandonment issues because Mikono resembles her). Sure, this could be all a red herring and Kagura is a clone, or both could be reincarnations, but as it stands right now, Amata seems less likely reincarnation than Kagura...
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:15   Link #2877
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Hah they're teenagers trying to find their place in the world. I don't wan to hand wave any of the bad writing away but I find it a little less jarring in context.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:21   Link #2878
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Finally got to watch this in quality greater than my phone... and there's even more imagery that I find fun to point out:

0.) (Already posted it.) Zessica's display of *Force* turns the archway into a peculiar heart.

1.) Kagura smashes through, literally rips apart, Sylvia/Alicia on the big screen (and ruining the ongoing scene between her and Apollon)... just as he's literally looking for Mikono (and ruining the moment between Amata and Mikono).

2.) Amata's hair, from many different shots and angles in this episode, looks very peculiarly like the spoilered hair below. Aside from a single extra upward aimed lock of hair, it looks almost identical through in multiple scenes. Extra bonus to the fact that Amata's dad may well have been one of the men sent to retrieve Eve.

Spoiler for Hair hair everywhere:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I agree. But they did involve her. She, and not Mikono, gets flashbacks. She, and not Mikono, gets the most recognizable Sylvia Elemental power. And she has been discreetly kept away from Kagura mostly for some reason. I wish they hadn't thrown her into the reincarnation bs, but they did. I was happy before she began to have those visions.
To be fair, I still don't agree that seeing something in a mirror is a flashback. A flashback is: see this episode when Amata remembers (in from his own memories) his mother leaving him. Conversely, see Cayenne for a *vision*. I liken Zessica's event to watching an old TV show rerun. (For a show that's so heavy handed in the importance of imagery, this is not a minor detail.)

The power is a go, no argument... though I wonder why it took us up to this scene to say its Sylvia's power when this is no different from what she showed off in Episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Mykage might want her to be deliberately ignored. Remember what he said? If everyone admired a single flower, there is no reason for the garden to bloom.
That's a bit of a dozy though if you think about it because it was Mykage focusing (and Kagura) on Mikono while Izumo and co. most certainly weren't. Izumo, on the contrary, is much more concerned with Zessica (and this only comes up the episode after Mykage's line) whom his obscure method of analysis/power judging has made her the top candidate.

So Mykage's line is rather strange, isn't it? When he and Kagura are the only people looking at Mikono (unless you count Fudo and Amata on the other end). That and I'd have a hard time gathering what his strategy is if Zessica is Sylvia but he's deliberately sending Kagura to kill/eat/steal Mikono... unless Mikono is the actual impediment in this whole affair and he wants to get rid of her. Which would mean that he's actually trolling everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
That's your speculation, tbh. Kagura has always been the most obvious candidate. So obvious that he's even described on the website and Kawamori that he's the one who resembles Apollo. Instead, it seems that Amata takes it after her mom, Alisia, and he has never gotten a flashback so far (all his nostalgia is born of mommy abandonment issues because Mikono resembles her). Sure, this could be all a red herring and Kagura is a clone, or both could be reincarnations, but as it stands right now, Amata seems less likely reincarnation than Kagura...
Well its certainly not just my speculation considering that when the first handful of episodes had aired many were fairly convinced that Amata was very similar to Apollonius/Solar Wings (you can go back and look at the long stint of discussions on the subject)... but little by little, he's losing those *obvious* connections due to emerging details (his wings, for instance, seem to be an inheritance rather than a call back to a past life). That said, I get your point.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:31   Link #2879
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
To be fair, I still don't agree that seeing something in a mirror is a flashback. A flashback is: see this episode when Amata remembers (in from his own memories) his mother leaving him. Conversely, see Cayenne for a *vision*. I liken Zessica's event to watching an old TV show rerun. (For a show that's so heavy handed in the importance of imagery, this is not a minor detail.)
Maybe she could project it in the mirror (so all the viewers could see). Who knows? We don't see Mykage's interference because there would be a wandering petal as foreshadowing. I'll re-watch but I didn't see any floating petal there. It's obviously not related to her normal element power ("impact").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The power is a go, no argument... though I wonder why it took us up to this scene to say its Sylvia's power when this is no different from what she showed off in Episode 2.
She could apply it in different ways, but still "impact."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Which would mean that he's actually trolling everyone.
This is a given.

Also, out of the main cast, we still haven't learned Zessica's backstory. I suppose Andy's also a mystery, but we know some facts (he's always been obsessed with digging). Zessica, on the other hand, is a complete mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Well its certainly not just my speculation considering that when the first handful of episodes had aired many were fairly convinced that Amata was very similar to Apollonius/Solar Wings (you can go back and look at the long stint of discussions on the subject)... but little by little, he's losing those *obvious* connections due to emerging details (his wings, for instance, seem to be an inheritance rather than a call back to a past life). That said, I get your point.
Oh yeah, I mean right now... It was popular because it appeared to be the right thing to assume. Although Kawamori and the main site stubbornly pointed at Kagura most of us were "clone!1!" (although he still could be a clone... I frankly doubt it, though).

My personal pet theory after this episode is that the old legend will finally conclude this time and a new legend (Amata&whoever he loves) is going to get trolled and begin to repeat that cycle, if Amata turns out to be a completely new guy.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:33   Link #2880
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
That's a bit of a dozy though if you think about it because it was Mykage focusing (and Kagura) on Mikono while Izumo and co. most certainly weren't. Izumo, on the contrary, is much more concerned with Zessica whom his obscure method of analysis/power judging has made her the top candidate.

So Mykage's line is rather strange, isn't it? When he and Kagura are the only people looking at Mikono (unless you count Fudo and Amata on the other end). That and I'd have a hard time gathering what his strategy is if Zessica is Sylvia but he's deliberately sending Kagura to kill/eat/steal Mikono... unless Mikono is the actual impediment in this whole affair and he wants to get rid of her. Which would mean that he's actually trolling everyone.
i get the feeling Mikage's true objective isn't Mikono but Amata. Episode 11 showed he had quite a bit of insight into who Amata is despite everyone's attention being on the girls. he's could have been watching Amata for some time. and perhaps focuses on Mikono to get Amata alone at some point. If they take Mikono to Altair, Amata will likely be only a few steps behind her to take her back which could be what Mikage is aiming for.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.