AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-19, 01:36   Link #2881
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Who else noticed the heart? Possibly yummy symbolism...

Spoiler for Heart:


I can't be the only one who sees some really bad shit happening to Amata in these next few episodes, right? After finally opening up about his mom (to the girl that not only looks like her but also just got compared to her), he's (and the just right for the mid season climax) ripe to get himself/his heart utterly crushed/destroyed. Likewise, Mikono just opened up about her brother leaving her... and his sudden re-increase in screen time and all the talk (from himself and Shrade) about his desire to protect his sister. (You know these things aren't coincidental.) Zessica is going to do something or this build up with her is going to be utterly pointless (all of it, enough to make you wonder why she's even in a triangle that's so... one sided).

And, anyone else fairly convinced that Jin/Yunoha are going to do something very bad soon? Like, I don't know, releasing a certain beast that's driven by love?
I also see the bad shit happens.


I don't see Zessica doing anything malicious. She seems to be really into Amata for some unknow reason (It makes me mad). Probably more than Mikono. Just compare Mikono angry jelly to Zessica really sad one that manifest into violent outburst of her element power. Apparently she chosed to do nothing to not selfishly ruin Amata's little love story.
So either authors are complete sadists and just make her suffer for the lulz, orr it is coming into play. Maybe as an unconcious lack of motivation concerning fighting Kagura if she's told he's coming to take her rival away. Or latter in the anime. I seriously can see her pulling anything bad despite all the mopping and angst.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:38   Link #2882
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Maybe she could project it in the mirror (so all the viewers could see). Who knows? We don't see Mykage's interference because there would be a wandering petal as foreshadowing. I'll re-watch but I didn't see any floating petal there. It's obviously not related to her normal element power ("impact").

She could apply it in different ways, but still "impact."
Seems a bit... out of their ass to have her power suddenly cause mirrors to ripple and reply past life events. I'm going by the idea that if we're going to call Zessica's vision in a mirror a *vision* or somesuch, then we'd probably need to give some similar moniker to Amata transforming into Kagura in the water's reflection.

And there are no petals, the only thing I said from before is that when that scene occurs Mykage is standing atop a portal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Also, out of the main cast, we still haven't learned Zessica's backstory. I suppose Andy's also a mystery, but we know some facts (he's always been obsessed with digging). Zessica, on the other hand, is a complete mystery.
Aside from a single detail about his mother, Amata's past is still almost entirely locked in mystery. There's still no answer on why his memories were inaccessible, why he was being stalked by a robot, or why Alisia left him behind. (Or where the hell his father might be.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Oh yeah, I mean right now... It was popular because it appeared to be the right thing to assume. Although Kawamori and the main site stubbornly pointed at Kagura most of us were "clone!1!" (although he still could be a clone... I frankly doubt it, though).

My personal pet theory after this episode is that the old legend will finally conclude this time and a new legend (Amata&whoever he loves) is going to begin to repeat that cycle, if Amata turns out to be a completely new guy.
I was talking about it now more on the basis of comparing what we once that was *obvious* and what is actually shaping up to be obvious... which is very little, and many of the details thrown at us end up getting twisted away from the obvious by a pretty wide angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i get the feeling Mikage's true objective isn't Mikono but Amata. Episode 11 showed he had quite a bit of insight into who Amata is despite everyone's attention being on the girls. he's could have been watching Amata for some time. and perhaps focuses on Mikono to get Amata alone at some point. If they take Mikono to Altair, Amata will likely be only a few steps behind her to take her back which could be what Mikage is aiming for.
The issue being, then, what does he hope to gain from removing Mikono from Amata if he's after Genesis -> Apollon/Sylvie's forbidden union. If he's truly after Amata, then that would likely mean that Mikono & Kagura are both distractions, while its Amata and someone else that he's actually trying to bring together.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:41   Link #2883
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
try this. Try smelling yourself. Then try smelling another person. generally you can't smell yourself because your so used to the smell that it's second nature to not notice it or even understand your own scent. While individual smells of other people are a great deal easier to make out because they are different from your own.
Kagura has already be shown to have an enhanced sense of smell. Also he's got a WOLF form

Quote:
Wolves also communicate by scent. Wolves mark the boundaries of their territories with their urine and feces and can smell these substances to determine just who left them there, and maybe even their age and gender. Wolves urinate on, or mark, things they regard as their property (such as food) and want to come back to later.

He can smell himself, he didn't say "how come everyone but you and I have a smell?" He said "How come you have no smell? Everyone has one..."


Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
apollonius had wings originally. also apollo died in aquarion which was entire apollonius. so the new reincarnation might just have his wings back cause apollo(apollonius)/toma/sirius(celiane) made their peace with each other.
You know Aquarion being Apollonious' "wings" isn't to be taken literally right? He lost his wings. It's because he tore the off. He was reborn as a human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler for Mayumi did you just say?:

Spoiler for My reply to the above spoiler:


gotta go watch the eppie before I comment any further
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:51   Link #2884
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Spoiler for My reply to the above spoiler:


gotta go watch the eppie before I comment any further
Spoiler for spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-19 at 02:02.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:55   Link #2885
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Seems a bit... out of their ass to have her power suddenly cause mirrors to ripple and reply past life events. I'm going by the idea that if we're going to call Zessica's vision in a mirror a *vision* or somesuch, then we'd probably need to give some similar moniker to Amata transforming into Kagura in the water's reflection.
If she turns out to be the "shadow angel" part of Sylvia (and not Touma/third pilot/blind vampire loli), it may be handwaved as hurrdurr magical projection of angelic power.

I mean Kagura turns into a wolf. Upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Aside from a single detail about his mother, Amata's past is still almost entirely locked in mystery. There's still no answer on why his memories were inaccessible, why he was being stalked by a robot, or why Alisia left him behind. (Or where the hell his father might be.)
We know he was bullied by children, we know he was born from Alisia who went to Altair, we know he's a fanboy of that movie and practically lived on that cinema.

That's at least more than we know about Zessica...which is nothing aside being scared of ghosts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The issue being, then, what does he hope to gain from removing Mikono from Amata if he's after Genesis -> Apollon/Sylvie's forbidden union. If he's truly after Amata, then that would likely mean that Mikono & Kagura are both distractions, while its Amata and someone else that he's actually trying to bring together.
I'll laugh my ass off if it turns out to be Jin and the loli.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 01:56   Link #2886
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
after SRW-Z2 excitement, now THIS!!!

this just become my fave episode to date! The confirmation that alicia is amata's mother, and zessica's rage... what shape was that? 0_0

and kagura!!! finally I've been waiting for him to crash the event, perfect moment indeed.

don't forget jinyuno moment dang! that maybe the best pick-up line ever

can't wait for next week, awesome preview!
__________________
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 02:01   Link #2887
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Ref: Amata Alicia and mikono: what about Freud's Oupedius complex theory, ie boys want someone to replace their mother. It's not valid science but I can easily see as a springboard for entertainment (or indeed the other way round!).

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-03-19 at 02:05. Reason: Did autocorrect just turn Freud into Fraud?
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 02:03   Link #2888
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If she turns out to be the "shadow angel" part of Sylvia (and not Touma/third pilot/blind vampire loli), it may be handwaved as hurrdurr magical projection of angelic power.

I mean Kagura turns into a wolf. Upgrades!
At least the wolf upgrade/theme has more or less been running from the start or, at the very least, episode six. This would just be an asspull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
We know he was bullied by children, we know he was born from Alisia who went to Altair, we know he's a fanboy of that movie and practically lived on that cinema.

That's at least more than we know about Zessica...which is nothing aside being scared of ghosts?
Trick being, Amata's memories all come from word of mouth (his), and the machine (supposedly quite capable at showing people's memories) couldn't show anything. Not to mention that his *flashbacks* are rather peculiar when you look at them: Alicia leaving is in the same field as the wedding, he's stalked by giant robots, not a mention of where his dad has gone off to... and for someone with abandonment issues that should be a topic of discussion. The only normal thing in his background is getting bullied by kids.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 02:24   Link #2889
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Ref: Amata Alicia and mikono: what about Freud's Oupedius complex theory, ie boys want someone to replace their mother. It's not valid science but I can easily see as a springboard for entertainment (or indeed the other way round!).
It's not that baseless. Not to sound too creepy, but when I was a little girl, I was very much in love with my papa and I wanted to marry him. I get over it when I grew up though.
In Amata's case, his mom is flaming hot and she left him as a young age, the trauma not giving Amata the opportunity to cure himself from his mother complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
At least the wolf upgrade/theme has more or less been running from the start or, at the very least, episode six. This would just be an asspull.



Trick being, Amata's memories all come from word of mouth (his), and the machine (supposedly quite capable at showing people's memories) couldn't show anything. Not to mention that his *flashbacks* are rather peculiar when you look at them: Alicia leaving is in the same field as the wedding, he's stalked by giant robots, not a mention of where his dad has gone off to... and for someone with abandonment issues that should be a topic of discussion. The only normal thing in his background is getting bullied by kids.
There is also the fact Amata's eyes are maybe supposed to be yellow, but they appear to be magenta. That's the colour of Mykage's magic as illustrated by Kagura's arms glowing magenta in ep 11. Mykage could be the one blocking Amata's memories, and maybe also manipulating them.

How awesome of Mykage is he really has the MC as his tool from the very beginning. Dat villain !!!



As anyone considered the fact Alicia's soul could be in the aquarion. That's how it looks while looking at some of the official arts.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 02:50   Link #2890
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
As anyone considered the fact Alicia's soul could be in the aquarion. That's how it looks while looking at some of the official arts.

Does that mean
Spoiler for another mecha anime:


I've been thinking about the flowers that Mykage use, and what they might mean.
Spoiler for flower symbolism in EVOL:

Last edited by Mangaka-chan; 2012-03-19 at 03:10.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 03:11   Link #2891
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Any news an OST btw? There might be enough new pieces to fit in - the mugen punch insert song, the theme song to Skies of Aquaria and I think there's new BGM as well. Plus it's almost time for OP2; I'm expecting to hear that episode 14/15 after the mid-climax.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 03:19   Link #2892
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I've been thinking about the flowers that Mykage use, and what they might mean.
Spoiler for flower symbolism in EVOL:
OH GOD. It's Zen's card symbolism vs Mykage's flower symbolism. FIGHT.

Spoiler for hahah flower symbolism:
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 04:20   Link #2893
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
My take on the episode is basic:

1st:
Spoiler for Jin and Yunoha!:


2nd:
Spoiler for Skies of Aquaria:


3rd:
Spoiler for Amata & Mikono = luv:


Finally:
Spoiler for Zessica!:


Overall, the best episode so far!
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 05:13   Link #2894
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
hmm, i noticed that the movie begins stating that apollon and sylvie met under the tree of life 12000 years ago. i think in this universe thats where the story starts. along with what mikage said about how apollo and sylvie reincarnate many many times. this is possibly a parallel universe that is similar to but different from original aquarion series.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 05:24   Link #2895
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
However, where the hell did they get the idea to stream the movie of the "Skies of Aquaria?" Just from watching Jin's module playing Silvie's song? That was kinda pathetic. It was cheesy line at best. I blame the writers on this.
I see nothing wrong with that. The anniversary was meant to celebrate the founding of Neo Deava, which in turn was founded as a result of events from 12000 years ago surrounding Apollonius, Celiane and Aquarion. With not only Amata but also Jin confirmed to be fans of Alicia and the movie being brought up, it makes sense that Andy would immediately jump to the idea of screening Skies of Aquaria because of how fitting it is for the occasion.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 05:29   Link #2896
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Sigh between Amata/Mikono and Jin/Yunoha, love is not only in the air, it's a freaking smog The only thing short off in this episode was some Mix/Andy Sadly we'll just have to make do with that one tsun-tsun scene


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I am to assume that Shushu is still slightly protective of Mikono but also understands Amata's intentions. After all, he's always with Mikono, so he's likely to understand her emotions and also hear the conversations between her and Amata. So it appears that in this episode, Shushu doesn't really try to bat Amata away. He's only using his tail whereas he could jump onto Amata's face or bite his fingers again, but he doesn't. So I'm going to say the development is rising in more ways than just Amata and Mikono, Shushu is joining.

I would like to think that ShuShu is smart enough to realize that if Amata snapped out of it at that height, it might not bold well for all of them But it's still funny to see it being consistent

However that said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Still, Amata ignores Shushu altogether.

...I'm willing to bet at that time and space, ShuShu could have bitten off his both his ears and Amata wouldn't care
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:09   Link #2897
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I see nothing wrong with that. The anniversary was meant to celebrate the founding of Neo Deava, which in turn was founded as a result of events from 12000 years ago surrounding Apollonius, Celiane and Aquarion. With not only Amata but also Jin confirmed to be fans of Alicia and the movie being brought up, it makes sense that Andy would immediately jump to the idea of screening Skies of Aquaria because of how fitting it is for the occasion.
You misinterpreted what I meant. I was referring to how they came up with the idea. Considering they'd started the scene with a confrontation between the boys and Cayenne, to suddenly jump to an idea of showing the movie as a way of celebrating the anniversary is spontaneous. It literally held no ground outside of Jin - after much consideration - showing his recording of Alicia. And so, it is the writer's fault, slightly. They apparently didn't think up a good excuse for why the conversation should change so quickly. Nor did they actually show how the previous scene with Cayenne was resolved. Do you see my point here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I would like to think that ShuShu is smart enough to realize that if Amata snapped out of it at that height, it might not bold well for all of them But it's still funny to see it being consistent

However that said...

...I'm willing to bet at that time and space, ShuShu could have bitten off his both his ears and Amata wouldn't care
Uh, need I remind you of the boat scene or the near kiss scene. In either of those scenes, Mikono could've either been fish bait or fallen down a flight of stairs. I don't see where he'd have a problem doing the same whilst in the air considering he's already done so before. I don't really think Shushu actually thinks through what he does. But then again, he'd be human if he did.

But still, Amata showed some balls by ignoring Shushu. After all, for eleven episodes, he was quite shocked (or confused) by the little animal. Now, he seems to not care. It's Mikono that has all his attention and that won't change. I hope that it doesn't in the next episode.


Well, like I said, I was waiting for concrete evidence that would show where the romance (outside of reincarnations) was headed. I think I've finally planted my flag permanently in the Amata and Mikono side.

And Zessica here is kinda reminding me of my nightmare Sheryl. I think I've finally found a part of her personality which makes me say she isn't Sheryl but worse than her, and I disliked Sheryl at first. Wow... odd. Still, I like Zessica. I hope for more out of her.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:19   Link #2898
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Fu~sion, hah! XD



She really hates hole

Crying Crea is too adorable X3
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:30   Link #2899
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
You misinterpreted what I meant. I was referring to how they came up with the idea. Considering they'd started the scene with a confrontation between the boys and Cayenne, to suddenly jump to an idea of showing the movie as a way of celebrating the anniversary is spontaneous. It literally held no ground outside of Jin - after much consideration - showing his recording of Alicia. And so, it is the writer's fault, slightly. They apparently didn't think up a good excuse for why the conversation should change so quickly. Nor did they actually show how the previous scene with Cayenne was resolved. Do you see my point here?
Ah okay, I see where you're getting at. Well seeing how Andy already brought up their "purpose" before Zessica derailed the topic, I figured Cayenne just stopped bothering since there was clearly nothing going on that room. I suppose they could've just taken a few secs to show Cayenne giving a "Screw it, no one's listening to me" look when the confrontation got interrupted. Anyway to me it was trivial enough to not bother with, unlike a previous ep that had Mikono suddenly being concerned about Kagura out of the blue after a few episodes of nothing alluding to it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 06:43   Link #2900
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Ah okay, I see where you're getting at. Well seeing how Andy already brought up their "purpose" before Zessica derailed the topic, I figured Cayenne just stopped bothering since there was clearly nothing going on that room. I suppose they could've just taken a few secs to show Cayenne giving a "Screw it, no one's listening to me" look when the confrontation got interrupted. Anyway to me it was trivial enough to not bother with, unlike a previous ep that had Mikono suddenly being concerned about Kagura out of the blue after a few episodes of nothing alluding to it.
Well, I've seen quite a few plotholes so far. I'm hoping that changes with the future. I just thought that one was a large one.

That one, along with the fact that Amata and Mikono were sitting in front of a statue but ironically landed in a tree when Kagura appeared despite the fact they hadn't flown anywhere besides up. Uh, I've heard of screwing up in live-action with where the props are but anime... it's just cliche.

Regardless, ending the whole scene with Jin's expression wasn't helpful to actually end the previous scene. And, still, Zessica mentioning it when she apparently had no ties to the movie itself - meaning she hasn't stated whether or not she's seen it before - leaves another plothole. For Amata said the movie wasn't a big success. So the people who actually saw it had to be very little if any at all. (I'm referring to episode one here.) But in the beginning of the episode, when she looks at Mikono, she has a flash of Alicia. That's our only clue, apparently.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.