AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-26, 21:32   Link #521
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I... liked second OP of Aquarion more than first. First one was an ear worm and I liked it a lot, but I think second OP was even better.

Evol OP is good, too.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 22:22   Link #522
Ypocaramel

Even as a Mikono fan and even if Amata and do end up together, I hope for a little more time for the relationship to mature, it's more fun to watch and feels more convincing than just 'you're my lover reincarnated.'
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 22:59   Link #523
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Even as a Mikono fan and even if Amata and do end up together, I hope for a little more time for the relationship to mature, it's more fun to watch and feels more convincing than just 'you're my lover reincarnated.'
Relax, we're only on the fourth episode. Besides that's probably what Kagura and the black wedding Cayenne foresaw are for
Old 2012-01-26, 23:26   Link #524
Ypocaramel

Do I sound mad intense about it? I guess I'm a little passionate about this show. Eh, 20 episodes is a long time, so far they've been good with the execution, but you always worry a bit about them dropping the ball.

Aquarion OP1 showed off Akino's voice really nicely, she's got some vocal talent.
Old 2012-01-26, 23:29   Link #525
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Besides that's probably what Kagura and the black wedding Cayenne foresaw are for
No, no. They are for pairing her off with Kagura, while Zessica is paired off with Amata.

Seriously, though, the foreshadowing is so thick you could knock someone unconscious with it. And as much as I'd like to say that its obvious who will end with whom and that I'll calmly pick them to avoid being disappointed, I'm still going to hold out hope against all hope (and literary intuition) and root for Zessica. Damn it, if they didn't want her to be the main love interest then they should have made her so adorable.
Old 2012-01-26, 23:50   Link #526
Ypocaramel

Zessica's pretty interesting. Adventurous and genki, including sexually, but surprisingly professional in the cockpit (very much unlike Sylvia).
Old 2012-01-27, 00:21   Link #527
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I wonder if they're going to make Mikono's shy and selfless behaviour a problem to team Vega, and eventually leading her to switch sides with team Altea, while showing Amata's growing in a more selfconfident hero. And I'm wondering if Zessica can be a spy from Altea, too, pulling a reverse heel face turn with her and making her the official and ultimate love interest for Amata.

Ah... I like these series so much. I wish I saw Aquarion before. It's made of tropes and It doesn't take itself seriously. And that's fun.
Old 2012-01-27, 00:28   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
I wonder if they're going to make Mikono's shy and selfless behaviour a problem to team Vega, and eventually leading her to switch sides with team Altea, while showing Amata's growing in a more selfconfident hero. And I'm wondering if Zessica can be a spy from Altea, too, pulling a reverse heel face turn with her and making her the official and ultimate love interest for Amata.
Lol, can you be any more bias ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:33   Link #529
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, can you be any more bias ?
I guess I can't hide I like Zessica, can I? But even if I said that about Mikono, I like her too. It's just that I think it would be interesting if she ends in Altea and stays over there more than 1 or 2 episodes. I mean:

Spoiler for Genesis of Aquarion:
Old 2012-01-27, 00:40   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I like Mikono too, it's a shame she got screwed over most of her life because of her brother's attitude but at least that drama is over so she can return to her adorable self.
Old 2012-01-27, 00:45   Link #531
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't mind an Sora/Mikono ending... but frankly, I'm looking forward towards seeing something substantial and two-way happen between Kagura and Mikono. Not necessarily because I prefer Zessica, but there is something very classical and time-tested about the usual shoujo-story 'abusive asshole and large-hearted, meek and kind girl."

I would lol if Cayenne's vision of Sad Mikono in Wedding and Miko-bones is actually foreshadowing to... say, something like
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:51   Link #532
Rennir
Requiem of Dreams
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
No, no. They are for pairing her off with Kagura, while Zessica is paired off with Amata.

Seriously, though, the foreshadowing is so thick you could knock someone unconscious with it. And as much as I'd like to say that its obvious who will end with whom and that I'll calmly pick them to avoid being disappointed, I'm still going to hold out hope against all hope (and literary intuition) and root for Zessica. Damn it, if they didn't want her to be the main love interest then they should have made her so adorable.
Oh of course! Why am I so slow?

Yeah I'm completely with you. As unlikely as it is, I'm still rooting for an Amata x Zessica pairing. Mikono can go marry Kagura for all I care; I, for one, wouldn't go after her
Old 2012-01-27, 01:31   Link #533
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I like Mikono too, it's a shame she got screwed over most of her life because of her brother's attitude but at least that drama is over so she can return to her adorable self.
But...but...I liked her when she's adorably useless!

Asides from that, IMO GENESIS OP1>EVOL OP1>GENESIS OP2. I got hyped everytime I hear OP1 when I was playing SRW

And I'm putting EVOL's ED right next to OP1 there, honestly can't wait for the full version.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-01-27 at 01:47.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 02:08   Link #534
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Um, has anyone besides me made the connection between the name "Amata Sora" and "Amaterasu"?
Old 2012-01-27, 03:02   Link #535
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Same as com_gwp, if I've never played SRW Z, I probably won't hear Sousei no Aquarion (the song) until now, or even get excited about EVOL

I like both Sousei no Aquarion and Go Tight!, Kimi no Shinwa is great too. Can't really pick which one my favorite but since it's newer I listen to Kimi no Shinwa more lately :3
I hope they'll make the main seiyuus cover the songs like they did with the pachinko. Not as awesome as AKINO and bless4, but it's still good

Btw has anyone heard the "Onii-sama to Issho" version of Sousei no Aquarion? I read it was sung by AKINO and AKASHI (oldest brother of bless4) but I've never found the video or song of it :\

And more Mikono & Zessica fan arts...
Old 2012-01-27, 03:21   Link #536
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I was first introduced to Aquarion's theme song by Nightengale, funny how these things work eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

Call me a traditionalist, but I'm still in favor of skirts over hotpants
Old 2012-01-27, 03:22   Link #537
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
^--I give Zessi-chan some thigh-high knee socks, then we'll talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Actually there is some, she's just not as popular as Mikono and Zessica. Sadly, Crea is also missing out on the fanart department.

Spoiler for Mix Fanart:
Oh thanks. I think Bak posted one of these before, but it never hurts me to see it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Until she gets... mixed up emotionally and shows off her dere side, I don't think we'll see much love for MIX on the fanartist's side

Hopefully Andy becomes central to that
Now that the wall is down, Andy has no excuse not to run wild.
Quote:
Zessi-chan!!!! Is it okay for me to dream that you are wearing a combo pantsu+shorts?

Quote:
Oh look, she's holding her skirt down again, aaah so cute

Quote:
Wait a minute..... I can't see her pantsu in the anime because of some convenient censoring, and even the fanartists won't show it to me too? LIFE IS SO CRUEL *mangatron ties a noose around his neck and throws himself out the window*

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 03:26   Link #538
com_gwp

Quote:
Same as com_gwp, if I've never played SRW Z, I probably won't hear Sousei no Aquarion (the song) until now, or even get excited about EVOL
Brofist man, I love it when you gattai and the music kicks in, followed up with a Mugen Punch.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:05   Link #539
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Cayenne's vision doesn't really show her feeling. Seh's not happy but not unhappy either. Yes, she seems to like Amata but liking someone so soon in an anime is not a good sign. Futhermore, the different scenes from the op seem to indicate that we will have a triangle with Mikono who can't choose (until the end) bewteen Amata and Kagura. It's just the exact same thing that in Macross Frontier but this time for the girl (Mikano) and not for the guy (Alto in MF).

Of course, right now, it's just assumptions but I strongly believe that's what will happen later. We can even suppose that Kagura will be able to steal Mikono from them and then Mikono will start to fall in love with Kagura.

But hey, I'm not that fond of Mikono. I like Zessica much more that's why I would love a pairing with her and Amata. But my guess is that she will end up with Cayenne. And I don't know why but I have the feeling that Cayenne will have the same fate that Michael (or something like that) in MF

This serie has just the same vibe that Macross Frontier for me
More likely to be Kagura lusting after mikono for the whole series with her unable to return those feelings while he's being very pushy. Pretty sure at some point Mikono will be taken and while she might start to understand kagura she'll be happy and run straight back to Amata when she sees he's come for her.

Zessica will likely be no different than Shigure from kenichi; a fan favorite but no real chance. I'd say she's more likely to hook up with Cayenne than she is to hook up with Amata.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-01-27 at 04:17.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 04:17   Link #540
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

Dman right Go Zessica !!! Hey maybe if all of us root for her, she will end up with Amata !!

Tags
comedy, science fiction