AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-05, 15:33   Link #941
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
no, i think kagura smelled someone familiar among the 3 vectors that came out. hence he first smelled cayenne and then chased after zessica to get a closer smell. its possible he thought mikono was one of the pilots.
I may have missed that or I may have misinterpreted it then, or I may not have heard right (as I said, my stream was piss poor). That being said, smelling anything similar out any of them at this point doesn't change what I said about inconsistencies with the first episode. It would lead to an oversight from the first episode where he interacted with all of them very closely and even smelled them, and found none of them interesting until Mikono/Amata showed up. If any of them smelled like Mikono or familiar, he'd have had a reaction back then much as he did with Shrade this episode because of the similarity.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:07   Link #942
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
it could be simple as mikono and shrade being sirius's soul. hence why shrade is so weak while mikono has no elements. also the fact that mikono wanted to apologize to kagura might be because of sirius's betrayal in the tv series or reika stabbing apollo and apollonius in the OVA.
only sirius and reika's previous lives have the need to apologize for something from 12000 or 24000 years ago. i don't think silvia needs to apologize for anything. especially in the TV series i think its apollo who needs to for leaving her like that.

i understand that its possible that kagura is sniffing mikono's scent when she went into vector's cockpit in episode 4. but mikono was in vector Y in that episode and cayenne was in vector Y this episode, but kagura just flung cayenne aside. mikono was never in vector X or atleast the show has never shown it. she was in vector Y and Z.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:23   Link #943
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Great episode! It was full of some of my favorite BGMs. Also, GO AMATA, GO! >o<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
That being said, smelling anything similar out any of them at this point doesn't change what I said about inconsistencies with the first episode. It would lead to an oversight from the first episode where he interacted with all of them very closely and even smelled them, and found none of them interesting until Mikono/Amata showed up. If any of them smelled like Mikono or familiar, he'd have had a reaction back then much as he did with Shrade this episode because of the similarity.
Then again, in the first episode he wasn't trying to smell anyone out. This time he was looking for someone so he obviously noticed similar but much weaker smells that he naturally overlooked earlier. Even with Shrade he didn't comment on his smell right away, and when he did it was just a throwaway note. Maybe he simply smelled the element power on the characters. There's no way Mikono doesn't have a power, which is why Cayenne, Shrade, etc. smelled slightly like her to Kagura. IMO it's more interesting that Kagura didn't smell anything from Amata. He even called him weird for that.

Spoiler for ep 6:


Btw, I'll be very disappointed if they don't have Fudou's pack of cards among the official merchandise.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-05 at 17:38.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:49   Link #944
Katapan
俺様祭り
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu;
IMO it's more interesting that Kagura didn't smell anything from Amata. He even called him weird for that.
About that, isn't it fairly strong evidence that...

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for ep 6:
Spoiler for Episode 7 preview:
__________________
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:52   Link #945
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
only sirius and reika's previous lives have the need to apologize for something from 12000 or 24000 years ago. i don't think silvia needs to apologize for anything. especially in the TV series i think its apollo who needs to for leaving her like that.

.
Oh contraire mufraire

In Episode 7 of the TV Series
While trying to reach out to her brother because she failed to protect "him" 12,000 years ago. She tries do the same only she hit Apollo



she did too....as I said before in this post



downloading raw now---will comment after I shop, make SUPERBOWL chilli and watch it
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:59   Link #946
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
About that, isn't it fairly strong evidence that...

Spoiler:
I'd rather not get into the reincarnation debate again. I have my theories and you have yours, but we disagree on some fundamental points so I think there's no point in arguing about it... We'll see. And anyway, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a couple of surprise twists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7 preview:
Ooh~ Got any links to the preview? (Or is posting links not allowed? It's been a long while... *glances at join date*)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:07   Link #947
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Parallel universe remember? Also it is said the series Apollonius, Celiane and the Elements fought the Shadow Angels in ancient times. Something replicated with Deava.
Um yeah I got that part....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In any case both universes yielded Apollonius and Celiane destroying much of the world with too much of their passion. To Celiane's horror that she split her soul in a reincarnation.
Um Yeah I got that part too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In the OVA Scorpius was recorded in the book to have betrayed Apollonius. Because he and Celiane were destroying Atlandia.
When was the last time you watched the OVA? In the OVA. Scorpius is the one who KILLED Apollonius because he coveted the powers of the wings. Scorpius wanted the powers of the feathers, he believed that Apollonious and other angel had to power to simply wish the bad things away and save Humankind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In the TV series Gen erased all entries about himself from the book as he is the third pilot.
I know. Just like I also know that Fudo was not the third pilot in the OVA

See my dilemma?



Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Also it is implied OVA Apollo, Silvia and Reika created the TV series universe. As Silvia knew Apollo's name before meeting him and Reika cursed with misfortune, which OVA Reika wished as the price for her mistakes.
I know. So I am not sure if they are going by the history established in the ova or the OS or a combination of both

As for the OS, Silvia's mind told her she loved Sirius, her body recognized Apollo as her lover. Mikono and Kagura are the same way, based on what I heard about this episode that I haven't actually watched

I still believe Amata's connection to Aquarion is because of Sylvie and he's not Apollon's incarnation. Kagura is....
I can officially declare I want KaguraxMikono FTW!!
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:10   Link #948
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
but wouldn't it be more interesting for apollonius who ever he is to love the dark part of celiane's soul as well. we already know apollo loved silvia who the light half of celiane's soul. that is the only way i can accept mikono being the main heroine tbh. she is nothing like silvia otherwise.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:13   Link #949
Katapan
俺様祭り
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I'd rather not get into the reincarnation debate again. I have my theories and you have yours, but we disagree on some fundamental points so I think there's no point in arguing about it... We'll see. And anyway, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a couple of surprise twists.
Oh, I don't really have/support any kind of reincarnation theory myself. I haven't even gone through with my plan of rewatching of the first series yet (I seem to have no recollection whatsoever of most of the episodes, hence why I barely even try joining in the reincarnation 'fun' and am mostly enjoying EVOL as a stand-alone) -- this one particular point just seemed to lean pretty strongly towards this theory that comes back up quite often, and I was sort of curious to find out whether people interpreted it in any other way.

I'm expecting just as many surprise twists, anyway. We know the staff here cannot not pull out a few from their hat. :P
__________________
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:30   Link #950
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Oh, I don't really have/support any kind of reincarnation theory myself. I haven't even gone through with my plan of rewatching of the first series yet (I seem to have no recollection whatsoever of most of the episodes, hence why I barely even try joining in the reincarnation 'fun' and am mostly enjoying EVOL as a stand-alone) -- this one particular point just seemed to lean pretty strongly towards this theory that comes back up quite often, and I was sort of curious to find out whether people interpreted it in any other way.
Ah, sorry, I meant "you" as plural - as you said there's this popular theory (Lord of Pandemonium seems to bring it up most often) whose basics I disagree with, and have argued about it some time earlier so basically, I think it's fruitless. ^^;; I also decided to just enjoy EVOL as a stand-alone show and figure it out as it goes - I mean, we're only on episode 6.

Still, as for my interpretation:
Spoiler for scents:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:36   Link #951
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i understand that its possible that kagura is sniffing mikono's scent when she went into vector's cockpit in episode 4. but mikono was in vector Y in that episode and cayenne was in vector Y this episode, but kagura just flung cayenne aside. mikono was never in vector X or atleast the show has never shown it. she was in vector Y and Z.
True enough, ahh well. I'll wait until I later today when I can watch a clean raw, and I'll see if my understanding of the scene changes. As it stands, though, it does feel a little awkward for a new smell to so conveniently pop up when he's already gone through the whole cast (except for Shrade, for whom the whole smell revelation made sense, it being their first time and all). This could, also, be a way for them to sneak in some hints that some of our other cast are reincarnations that Apollo would remember but since they are not strong and don't get him nearly as fanatically obsessed as Mikono, it's likely not someone he's going to start licking.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 19:10   Link #952
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
funny thing about this whole smell/scent thing is that kagura went all wolf/dog this episode. it could just be anime team's doing but zessica is refered to as a cat. i think even the voice actor mentioned it in the interview thats somewhere in this thread also in her description it says she is like a cat. maybe they will just hate each other :P
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:17   Link #953
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ah, sorry, I meant "you" as plural - as you said there's this popular theory (Lord of Pandemonium seems to bring it up most often) whose basics I disagree with, and have argued about it some time earlier so basically, I think it's fruitless. ^^;; I also decided to just enjoy EVOL as a stand-alone show and figure it out as it goes - I mean, we're only on episode 6.
Er...You also bring up the OS. You said, you believe Evol of a stand-alone show- yet OS is responsible for your conviction, that Amata is the Solar Wing. Because Kagura said " The wings of the sun" when Amata and Mikono were ascending and you see the wings for the first time--because of the same thing happening to Apollo in OS. I'm not disputing your opinion, I am just confused since you keep saying that OS events are not a huge factor, but it's those same events that is the basis of your opinion. You can't have it both ways. Either the OS is huge factor in EVOL or it isn't.

It seems as most of you ("you" is generalization and not you personally)

keep separating Apollo from Apollonius as if they're not the same person. So Kagura=Apollo & Amata=Not Apollo but Apollonius, which doesn't make sense since they're all the same person--if they're any part of Apollo--they're part of Apollonius.


I am just saying I think it's kind of fishy Amata hasn't been confirmed to be Apollionus. Now I go to watch raw...


P.S..Call me LoP--I would prefer it and for some reason I don't like seeing my tag name in print
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:35   Link #954
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Then again, in the first episode he wasn't trying to smell anyone out. This time he was looking for someone so he obviously noticed similar but much weaker smells that he naturally overlooked earlier. Even with Shrade he didn't comment on his smell right away, and when he did it was just a throwaway note. Maybe he simply smelled the element power on the characters. There's no way Mikono doesn't have a power, which is why Cayenne, Shrade, etc. smelled slightly like her to Kagura. IMO it's more interesting that Kagura didn't smell anything from Amata. He even called him weird for that.
Watched it (the scene, I'm still at work and cannot devote time to the whole episode, so if I'm missing a scene let me know) again on a much better raw. He's chasing her by smell but he's also relying on his smell rather than anything else (as he says himself, he's going to do it the easy way, and then closes his eyes and starts sniffing), so instead of looking for her he uses his sense of smell to track. The first thing his nose catches is Cayenne's scent, he then proceeds to smell him to check if its Mikono but since it wasn't tosses him off, and then simply states (in not so few words) "Next!" and begins chasing Zessica, the next closest target. (If he were chasing Mikono's sent he'd have never needed to check him by smell again after catching him. He caught Cayenne's scent first, as he was closest, captured him, and checked if he was Mikono.) So I wouldn't say that he's chasing them because they smell like Mikono, though there might be hints, but rather that he's tracking them by smell and once he's caught them checks to see who it is inside. The moment he finds Mikono, he stops being interested because that's what he was after to begin with.

On a less relevant note, since all of the cast interacts with Mikono on a regular basis, they'd all have faints smells of her. And dogs can tell the difference.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:08   Link #955
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
funny thing about this whole smell/scent thing is that kagura went all wolf/dog this episode. it could just be anime team's doing but zessica is refered to as a cat. i think even the voice actor mentioned it in the interview thats somewhere in this thread also in her description it says she is like a cat. maybe they will just hate each other :P
Wasn't there a quote from one of the directors that cats were impt?
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:02   Link #956
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Over the rainbow
A little idea I had yesterday.

I think I read somewhere that music and smells are powerful friends of our memories, like, when you smell a certain smell or hear a certain melody, you remember memories someway linked to these feelings a lot easier than without these things. I was wondering if it's possible that Kagura and Shreade are more aware of their (maybe or maybe not) past lifes than the others. And yes, I mean Shrade: I feel like this dude is really mysterious, at least as mysterious as Fudou.

Regarding this episode:
Spoiler for episode 6:


Now, waiting for subs.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:38   Link #957
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Subs are out but for some reason I can't play MKV files...
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 01:07   Link #958
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: You Guess
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Subs are out but for some reason I can't play MKV files...
Do you use the communist playback? CCCC solved all my mkv troubles.

I'm still wondering what the whole deal with Alicia being abducted is.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 01:41   Link #959
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
I'm still wondering what the whole deal with Alicia being abducted is.
We've had some very puzzling discussions about 'Reaigler'

Spoiler:
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 04:37   Link #960
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I know. Just like I also know that Fudo was not the third pilot in the OVA

See my dilemma?
Two universes where the final third pilot are not the same. Multiple Elements supported Apollonius ans Celiane. Just the difference of who was with them in the final battle 24,000 years before.

Its like the final sets in the OVA and TV series are different as well. TV series: Apollo, Toma, Sirius. OVA: Apollo, Silvia, Reika.

Since Altair and Vega are likely two Earths in different universes it also screws our reincarnation expectations.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.