AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-13, 21:05   Link #1401
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Are you saying you don't think she'd wait for him, even if it was for 12000 years?
I wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't, that's why the opening song is different this time around

But well played sir

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-13 at 21:20.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 21:54   Link #1402
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam

Is it me, or doesn't that make you want to develop an armpit fetish? Don’t you just get the urge to lick it? …y---eah, it’s just me, isn’t it ?

Yunoha is absolutely adorable X03! I’m thinking she’ll win over Mix in terms of compatibility with Andy, even if the shippers disagree.

Mikono saying she can’t forget about Kagura is really starting to make me think about their connection to previous incarnations. I mean, in the original, one of the aspects that stood out was that the feelings of the original incarnations(Apollonius/Celiane) overriding the feelings of the current one(Apollo/Sylvia), despite the latter’s original disdain for one another. It’s quite possible that, assuming they are reincarnations of previous pilots, that this phenomenon will occur again. Well, it may not be as likely as the orig series, since the angle of reincarnation isn’t really being played, but if the current incarnations are implied obviously(i.e. Amata/Kagura/Zessica/Mikono are reincarnations of A-nius/Apollo/Celiane/Sylvia[Ka->Aplo-clone]), then the obvious relationship pairing of Amata/Mikono could be influenced by this factor. I definitely got a Zess->Cel vibe when Amata was getting hit and she was blaming herself for not being strong enough, even though she was considered the top female pilot. That was certainly not in her usual energetic, optimistic, fun self. I also thought it 'convenient' that Kagura didn't get a chance to smell her in last episode.
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 22:05   Link #1403
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Now we need the story behind the paper bag girl too
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 22:12   Link #1404
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I also thought it 'convenient' that Kagura didn't get a chance to smell her in last episode.
He's already smelled her, first episode.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 22:17   Link #1405
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Just watched 7, and it's awesome!!
Great mix of romance, comedy, and action. Though Subliminal Punch isn't that flashy, but still awesome. When Jin used the solid bullets and blown the city, it looked like Bomberman videogame XD


Nice move Andy to propose seat change, and everyone magically got what they want, except him and Mix (we can say they both got what they need, though XD). Tsundere and scared Zessica is cute, and her scream, oh good job HanaKana XD
Mikono starts to show her 'warui onna' side, thinking of Kagura herself but still get easily jealous of Amata and Zessica. Amata started to build a harem for himself, and kudos they still make his flying thing a funny gag XDD

And finally we got Zessica as the head and shout the gattai line. I hope she gets to shout the finisher attack name next week
But seriously, they have to give Gepard a battle it can wins. Compared to EVOL and Sparda, all it does are what...? Shooting machine gun and missile to clear grunts, and then got its ass kicked by the 'boss' of the week enemy unit. Oh, it did that hilarious dogeza though
And there's two set of Vectors, right? Why they didn't launch both so they can use two Aquarions? o.O


I still laughed every time I remember this scene XD
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 23:15   Link #1406
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
So is mikono going to stick her head in kagura's crotch or is kagura going to in mikono's. I also want zessica getting a scene like that so the square is complete. Forget triangles, we move to squares or rectangles from now on.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 23:31   Link #1407
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Nice move Andy to propose seat change, and everyone magically got what they want, except him and Mix (we can say they both got what they need, though XD). Tsundere and scared Zessica is cute, and her scream, oh good job HanaKana XD
Mikono starts to show her 'warui onna' side, thinking of Kagura herself but still get easily jealous of Amata and Zessica. Amata started to build a harem for himself, and kudos they still make his flying thing a funny gag XDD
Nothing wrong about that- Kagura is like a lost puppy that you can't let go even though he bit all your friends and family


Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
And there's two set of Vectors, right? Why they didn't launch both so they can use two Aquarions? o.O
I guess only a gatai with Amata will produce an Aquarion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
So is mikono going to stick her head in kagura's crotch or is kagura going to in mikono's. I also want zessica getting a scene like that so the square is complete. Forget triangles, we move to squares or rectangles from now on.
I guess every series has their thing, and so this is how Aquarion establish relationships

More likely, the next one would be Andy -> Mix
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 23:36   Link #1408
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Just heard the full version of the op. Great song.

I'm trying to hold off from watching the original/OVA's to make Evol more interesting. I'm thoroughly enjoying this show
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:05   Link #1409
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess only a gatai with Amata will produce an Aquarion.
I thought Aquaria and Aquarion are just name, they still use the same Vectors to combine, right? And wasn't they called it Aquarion 9 years ago when Donar piloted it?

Maybe because the other set still has that seal stone (Guize Stone, or whatever it's called), so they can't use male-female combination on it? Still, they can deploy it with either male or female team to support Amata's Aquarion
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:34   Link #1410
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Do note that even in episode 1, they were hesitant to bring the F-Type Aquaria to bear even when it was clear the M-Type was in trouble. Which likely means the SOP for engaging Abductors is to send in only a single Aquaria into a fight, for whatever reason.

They already have enough trouble trying to contain the powers of a single Aquarion to prevent it from going berserk. Having two going potentially haywire at the same time isn't in their best interests at the moment, even if the other set of vectors somehow got their Guize Stones removed.
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:45   Link #1411
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
.

. . . . . . . .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:47   Link #1412
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
^Ah yeah that's probably the case.
But it seems they're going to deploy the other one, since on the OP Zessica seems to use Gepart to back-up EVOL......... or that was just to show Zessica's piloting Gepart XD



Happy Valentine's Day from Zessica~

Spoiler for and another one :3:
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:28   Link #1413
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess only a gatai with Amata will produce an Aquarion.
More likely it's because only those specific vectors had their stones destroyed. I'd imagine it would be possible to remove the stones on the other set but they would be taking extra precautions to avoid Aquarion going out of control by keeping it so that there is only 1 Aquarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I thought Aquaria and Aquarion are just name, they still use the same Vectors to combine, right? And wasn't they called it Aquarion 9 years ago when Donar piloted it?

Maybe because the other set still has that seal stone (Guize Stone, or whatever it's called), so they can't use male-female combination on it? Still, they can deploy it with either male or female team to support Amata's Aquarion
Aquarion is specific to mixed gender combining. It runs of the power of love between the pilots so it requires at least 1 of each sex to gain the power it is known for.

Aquaria is single gender combining. However because it doesn't run off of feelings like Aquarion, it has a much lower power output than Aquarion so isn't nearly as effective in combat.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:51   Link #1414
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

...How is he pushing anything on Mikono? Seriously, any scene supporting this claim? :O

Amata's issues are IMO less clear-cut at this point than Mikono's - abandonment and the whole Alisia issue, yes, but there's also the realization that he's different from the people around him (re: wings) which comes with the experience of being ostracized. Basically it seems he's lived his life thinking of himself as a freak whom nobody would love anyway and who should hide who he is because people would just hate him.
Maybe I word it poorly. But him thinking that Mikono is the one that will wait for him no matter what while having barely met her doens't appear to be a super healthy and normal way of aprehending their budding relationship.
He's really settling himself for a big heartbreak where it doesn't belong.

Quote:
Are we even watching the same show?


It's up to interpretation. For me Amata fails at asking Mikono on a date. He looked very pityful about it. Then Mikono took pity of him and made the actual demand, while it was pretty obvious she wasn't even interested in him at the beginning. She was probabely happy to find a looser like her she could make buddy buddy with. Of course, she terribely misjudged him hence all that monologue about Amata not being part of her world anymore in episode 4, because he's actually an element and a competent pilot.

For me, she's got a loser fetish.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 03:09   Link #1415
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

.
The Amata/Zessica ones are win! XD
Too bad I already made my avatar or I would pick #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's up to interpretation. For me Amata fails at asking Mikono on a date. He looked very pityful about it. Then Mikono took pity of him and made the actual demand, while it was pretty obvious she wasn't even interested in him at the beginning. She was probabely happy to find a looser like her she could make buddy buddy with. Of course, she terribely misjudged him hence all that monologue about Amata not being part of her world anymore in episode 4, because he's actually an element and a competent pilot.

For me, she's got a loser fetish.
I don't believe that is her true feelings and it's up to the viewer to decide until the later episodes. For now, that might be your opinion and it might change in the future. Give it time. I'm to assume based on her tie to the plot that Mikono has quite a bit of character personality we haven't seen and growth yet to be seen.

So far, I can say by far that she is attached to Amata - not out of "pity" but rather because of her speech in episode five, having felt like meeting him before. But she also thanks him for trying to protect her in episode one, for trying to be strong for her, and accepts his apology for the whole "crotch incident" - which if she really felt like he wasn't worth her time, she would've left without a thought towards him at all. So I wouldn't say she's interested in "losers" or wants to be "buddy buddy" with one. Rather, she doesn't want to be a "loser" herself. She wants to become stronger. And episode four proved it very well as she decides to take on both Amata's and Cayenne's burdens and join them on the battlefield. She also shows jealousy towards Zessica hitting on Amata and him flying for her - even states "I thought you only did that for me."

It's too early to say such degrading stuff about a character or think it because of the fact there is barely any background to go with the character yet. And based on what we've heard of her background so far, she has reason to cling to Amata, as her relationship with her brother is rather estranged due to her lack of elemental abilities.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 03:36   Link #1416
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I went and rewatched this exchange. You might be closer to the truth, but I'm not convinced (it may be unanswerable). She starts out asking if he'd heard of Neo-Deava, which trains "elements" to fly the Aquaria (special people like Sylvie and Apollo, she says). Then she asks him if he's thought of flying the Aquaria, and he's like "I've thought about it, but I'd never be chosen," and that's when she perks up with the "useless pair" stuff.
Yes, but that was because Amata said he just didn't have what it took and he was useless. Maybe it had a bit of what you say ("special person => flies aquaria => will go to Neo-Deava (leaving me here)"), but I think it's more about her insecurities about being worthless. If Amata had said "yes, I'd love to fly the Aquaria" she probably would've felt intimidated, and if she learned that Amata was an Element I think she would've given up on the spot (something like in ep 4 - note though that it didn't mean her interest in Amata waned, more like she convinced herself that she wasn't good enough for him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
This I agree with, and it seems like the route by which Amata's going to alienate Mikono for awhile. If abductors keep coming for her -- and Kagura makes another appearance, etc. -- the way Amata's going to react is going to remind her of her brother, in a bad way. It's still a bit hard to disentangle these issues from fear of being left behind / left out / etc., at least at present, but I think this is closer to the root cause than what I've been calling "abandonment issues".
Why do you think Amata would remind her of Cayenne? For one I don't think Mikono ever realized what Cayenne was doing (Cayenne himself was doing it half-unconsciously), and Amata is a very different person from Cayenne, anyway. Protecting someone is one thing, "protecting" someone by being overbearing and overprotective like Cayenne is completely different. In fact, Amata stood up for her to Cayenne in episode 3, correctly interpreting her actions as trying to change. Also, since then she learned that she's not useless anyway because she can help the others fight, which probably had a good effect on her self-image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Maybe I word it poorly. But him thinking that Mikono is the one that will wait for him no matter what while having barely met her doens't appear to be a super healthy and normal way of aprehending their budding relationship.
He's really settling himself for a big heartbreak where it doesn't belong.
...you kind of missed the part where both they said they felt a connection to each other that they haven't felt for anyone else. (Also, going by this logic Kagura is also setting himself up for a big heartbreak, deciding that Mikono is totally his without stopping to think about her opinion...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's up to interpretation. For me Amata fails at asking Mikono on a date. He looked very pityful about it. Then Mikono took pity of him and made the actual demand, while it was pretty obvious she wasn't even interested in him at the beginning. She was probabely happy to find a looser like her she could make buddy buddy with. Of course, she terribely misjudged him hence all that monologue about Amata not being part of her world anymore in episode 4, because he's actually an element and a competent pilot.

For me, she's got a loser fetish.
Well yes, I suppose it's up to interpretation - if you decide to to ignore pretty much everything we've learned about her so far...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 03:38   Link #1417
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I had a thought. Most of us assume that Mikono is the reincarnation of Silvia/ Celiane, but what if she is in fact the reincarnation of Alisia, Apollonius and Celiane's daughter. The abductors have been looking for their Eve. After Apollonius and Celiane destroyed the world defeating the abductors Alicia basically became the Eve of that destroyed world in building it anew. That might be what they are really looking for, the reincarnation of Alisia. It could fit with Mikono's wish to apologize to Kagura as well. If Alisia held guilt for her parent's doing, feeling that it was her fault that they died and everything that happened to the world, then she would want to apologize to them. The Abductors took the EVOL Alisia thinking she was the reincarnation when she actually wasn't, likely one of the last descendants of the De Alisia bloodline though, but they still kept her alive because of how popular she was with their people.

Kagura himself could be a clone of Apollonius/ Apollo. Maybe they figured that if they couldn't find the reincarnation of Alisia they would use him to recreate her. They would set off and find the reincarnation of celiane/ Silvia and have them mate and create Alisia anew.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:14   Link #1418
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Aquarion is specific to mixed gender combining. It runs of the power of love between the pilots so it requires at least 1 of each sex to gain the power it is known for.

Aquaria is single gender combining. However because it doesn't run off of feelings like Aquarion, it has a much lower power output than Aquarion so isn't nearly as effective in combat.
Hmm, but Amata said "Seishin gattai, go Aquarion" on the mock battle on eps 3. Then Cayenne said the similar on eps 4, even called the name "Aquarion Gepard", not Aquaria.

But I agree with you on the power output. Mixed-gender gattai will outclass single-gender gattai's power, especially if two of the pilots have love relationship.

Now I wonder what will happen if it's Cayenne, Shrade, and Sazanka combination. Sazanka's fangirl feeling is stronger than her love to Cayenne or Shrade, and who knows what Cayenne and Shrade's real feeling for each other
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 05:56   Link #1419
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yes, but that was because Amata said he just didn't have what it took and he was useless. Maybe it had a bit of what you say ("special person => flies aquaria => will go to Neo-Deava (leaving me here)"), but I think it's more about her insecurities about being worthless. If Amata had said "yes, I'd love to fly the Aquaria" she probably would've felt intimidated, and if she learned that Amata was an Element I think she would've given up on the spot (something like in ep 4 - note though that it didn't mean her interest in Amata waned, more like she convinced herself that she wasn't good enough for him).
Ok, I'm convinced: her issues are all about self-worth, which due to the settings sometimes manifest as a fear of being left behind ("not being good enough to be with X and X having to go somewhere she's not good enough to go").

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Why do you think Amata would remind her of Cayenne? For one I don't think Mikono ever realized what Cayenne was doing (Cayenne himself was doing it half-unconsciously), and Amata is a very different person from Cayenne, anyway. Protecting someone is one thing, "protecting" someone by being overbearing and overprotective like Cayenne is completely different. In fact, Amata stood up for her to Cayenne in episode 3, correctly interpreting her actions as trying to change. Also, since then she learned that she's not useless anyway because she can help the others fight, which probably had a good effect on her self-image...
Mostly working backwards from other events I think will happen (Mikono voluntarily going off to Altair) -- so mostly "meta" considerations and not in-story stuff -- but a bit of in-story logic about how Amata and Cayenne will interact. Amata will want to get on Cayenne's good side (he *is* Mikono's older brother, after all). Cayenne will want to know what happened on the tower, Amata will say he saw the guy she marries in that vision, then Cayenne and Amata will work together to prevent it from happening.

That's my thinking, at least: Amata + Cayenne form "team prevent Mikono's dark wedding", and in the process Amata appears a bit too controlling and possessive, or something along those lines.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 06:20   Link #1420
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
all the 3 main characters amata, zessica and mikono seem to have a "don't leave me fetish"
while zessica's and mikono's was not as clearly stated with some sort of flashbacks, they are insecure which causes them to blurt out real feelings when ever they are in trouble.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.