AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-23, 16:46   Link #1861
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Do you think it's a problem that my navel is showing? *boobs out*

Did you miss these parts? Or do you seriously believe she was saying these things in all innocence?
I think it's a bit of both... that question I believe was innocent and Amata is at fault for noticing her boobs when she was talking.... about her........ navel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

I think that Mikono still has Amata's heart... it's just that Amata's Flying Boner now belongs to Zessica.
BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, like lots of people pointed out, this would be the only relevant moment to the discussion. And, sure, it seemed completely innocent to me..
I think that time was innocent but she does flirt with him and use her sexuality ...but that seems to be working for her. I'm all for it. Use what you got to get what you want! It's not as if she's slutastic with it. She's not and she's only focusing on one guy...GO ZESSICA!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Also, I don't enjoy the"manslut" moniker, either.
I don't like it either. I think he's a normal heterosexual male. He'd have to be blind, half-dead or gay not to notice her charms. It's obvious he hasn't had many chances for relationships with girls. In that sense you could say Mikono is a first love simply because he hadn't the chance to know that there are other fish in the ocean. Now he does....

Moving along....

Episode 8 was so awesome and Zessica was so moe I could eat her up. I am glad to see her finally becoming a contender in the love triangle and I was equally happy to see that Amata and Mikono haven't truly had any relationship development (In the past 2 episodes) and instead it went to Amata and Zessica. Watching him turn beet red and imagining her underwear is a GIANT + in my opinion and the mystery of who took these photos in episode 3 has been solved for me

Spoiler for It was Sazanka!!!!:


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
So, in closing, Mikono's jealousy/anger towards Amata flying for Zessica is because she missed the key points that would show her that he flies when he's excited and not just because of Zessica. Once that is cleared up, I'm sure Mikono's jealousy and anger will die (or at least simmer down).
Actually her jealousy is consistent with her characterization in the OS

That's why Mikono's jealousy of Zessica means nothing to me. I'm not even alarmed over it one tiny bit. ...As I said before Silvia was jealous of Reika when it came to Sirius throughout most of the entire series (in the OS). I'm waiting to see if she pops her cork over Kagura

All in all I like the development my second favorite ship AmataxZessica is getting (They're so much sexier than Amata and Mikono--which is...frankly it's a pairing that bores me to tears if I don't fall asleep b on them first)

@ LovemeKags...er it still looks more like Mikono than Alicia. She has hair that's sorta purplish like Mikono. So what if she's on the same spread with Mikono?

Sylvia was in scans with Celiane so that means very little....


That image reminds of this one, of an older Silvia looking almost like Celiane. I daresay that's Mikono in that thumbnail not Alicia


They also had some shippy scans of Silvia and Sirius and Touma and Apollo..so I am not worried about the scans they have of Mikono and Amata...even if only one of them is actually shippy



I noticed Jin talks as if Sylphie is a different person from Alicia. Alicia is merely and actress that played Sylvie but she's not Sylvie. I also like how the Chinese Manga scan I found about a week ago....made it seem as if Amata's feelings for Mikono are based on his feelings for Alicia--as if she's merely a substitute. The KaguraxMikono/ AmataxZessica fan in me is VERY PLEASED and I'm not going to even try hide my pleasure over it...in fact I'm about to CROW....HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Childish I know, but I swear I couldn't help myself

At this point, I'd say and I could be wrong but what the hell--I'm gonna say it anyway. The only chance Amata and Mikono have a chance to get together is if Kagura and Amata are one and they merge or one of them can die (hopefully it's not Kagura this time around or if it is, Amata dies with him. Cruel? Possibly...yes. But it's still my wish )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post


Mykage does want Kagura to get together with Mikono, though - he's pushing him pretty hard. Maybe like Touma he actually wants Solar Wing Aquarion to come over to Altair and do some ah, "pollination."
Honestly I don't think he wants Kagura to get with Mikono at all. He was being vindictive and I for one am glad of it. Because it cements my theory that Kagura is Apollon. I was wondering why Mikage wasn't looking for Apollon and why he doesn't have a grudge from before but this episode showed he did. You can't possibly think enjoying someone's pain is support.

"Feel the pain of having the one you love stolen away"


Apparently this guy is still bitter over Apollon's betrayal, bitter of the fact that the one he loved, loved another


Also Touma wanted to have a child with Apollonious. He did not want to see him father a child with someone else.
This is just like the time that Touma imprisoned Silvia with the intentions of killing her before Apollonious/Apollo so he would suffer the pain of her loss and watch her die while he could do nothing. And they say hell has no fury like a woman scorned...hell a gay Angel seems much worse

Another thing is...how come you keep saying "That's my Bitch" because the way I hear it, the Japanese don't really have a word for bitch. "Ore No Onna" usually indicates "possession" but in every anime and manga I've ever seen it used in--it was a romantic declaration and there is never a negative connotation attached to it either. . Shuu almost said this about Inori in Guilty Crown. Although he never finished the last part, everyone knew what he meant. Akira in Maze never finishes this statement and when he finally does say "Because Mei is MY WOMAN" (because Mei is his sister) it's at the point he powers up and he goes back inside of Mei and and Man Maze returns and kicks ass. I know you prefer Amata and Mikono...but seriously can you stop it? Your hatred of Kagura is blinding you to the point you can't even give him credit for his geniune feelings for Mikono..and by the way, while I don't speak Japanese, I do know that Mikono used the exact same words that Silvia used when she was hugging Apollo and said that it was "a nostalgic feeling". It's the scene where Apollo tells her he feels as if he's always known her "scent"



So um yeah she did say that the feeling was nostalgic and she said that he was indeed worried about her, if you couldn't tell by the look on his face or they way he frantically ran around trying to find her...or from the way he cried when Jin was attacking her..






All and all the way things are going, I would say that everything points to Kagura being Apollo/Apollon and Amata not being him or he's a wing or something maybe but I doubt it

I can't wait for the AndyXMix episode because I am rooting for Andy to get it his wish and dig out Mix's hole of bliss
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:49   Link #1862
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
We have the younger sister argument already? Wow that's early.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:59   Link #1863
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
We have the younger sister argument already? Wow that's early.
Come again? I don't follow you... You care to expound on that?

If you mean my comparison to Sirius and Silvia, I've stated many times that Amata's infatuation could be because he's actually a part of Celiane/Sylvie or whatever you want to call her. I stated that his fatuous desire could be the result of wanting to "join" with his other half . The same way it was for Silvia in the OS. Because, in my opinion Amata has more in common with her than he does Apollon/Apollo/Apollonius

If you didn't mean me--then ignore what I said, although I would still be much obliged if you would elaborate a bit
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 17:20   Link #1864
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Lord of Pandemonium: people are saying Kagura's calling her his bitch because he's *always* referring to her as "ore no *kuso* onna" (糞女). It's the "糞" (kuso, literally ~ "shit" in its most-common usage) that's making what he's saying different from what you're comparing it to.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 18:13   Link #1865
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
To Lord of Pandemonium, i was referring to another poster who said zessica is like a sister to amata.

i am not fan of mikono, or her pairings with amata or kagura. however i don't think amata should be dismissed as a reincarnation as apollo just yet or ever perhaps.

back in episode 5 when amata strated flying when he almost hears mikono's confession, mikono grabs hold of his hand and interlocks hers with his


that scene reminded me of the time sirius was trying to take silvia away but silvia coolly rejects sirius's offer by saying her right hand wants to follow her dream and grabs apollo's hand. then the cool go tights song started playing which made the whole scene was better than the one in evol in ep 5, btw





if anything i would say amata is the stronger contender of the triangle with mikono than kagura. ofcourse if apollo's soul is just split then mikno gets 2 hot guys. lucky her. i hate it though :P
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 18:27   Link #1866
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 25
@Lord of Pandemonium
In your points your ignoring a lot of facts to suit yourself.

In hindsight all of those scans were hinting towards the relationship those characters did share,
Silvia and Sirius were the same person and Touma was Apollonius's aka Apollo's past life's ex-fiance who stilled loved Apollonious and harbored jealousy towards Silvia/Celiane for stealing him away.

So by that evidence you can say in hindsight only the picture of Sirius and Silvia wasn't hinting towards the true nature of their relationship. your comparison is rendered moot.

-----

Also in Genesis, Touma already got what he wanted, he died with all of Apollonious while Celiane/Silvia was left all by herself and lonesome. So he already got his revenge. So your comparison isn't really help by the simple facts of Aquarion.

Also the correct translation isn't Bitch but shitty woman "Kuso" means shit in Japanese and "Onna" means woman, therefore "Kuso Onna" translates into shit woman.

Also a fact from Aquarion, before Apollo enters into gattai with Sirius and Touma, he says to Silvia "I will never forget your scent". If Amata was really a part of Silvia as you claim he is then Kagura would have smelt the same as Mikono, but according to Kagura Amata doesn't have a scent at all, which is interesting because he also says that Shrade smells like Mikono. Kagura's reaction to Mikono's scent is from Apollo's promise to Silvia, therefore any reincarnation of Silvia would smell like her, but according to Kagura Amata doesn't smell like her at all, in fact he doesn't have a scent.===So the series itself debunks your theory.

----

Also to support LMK's theory another fact from Aquarion Silvia also used to get jealous (in a different manner) when Reika was near Apollo as well, so LMK's point still stands.

It is my belief that Aquarion is a series that should be watched twice before using information from it, once and on the second viewing once you have all the answers (given by the series) looking back at that series and then applying the answers to the characters' behaviors and attitudes.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 18:49   Link #1867
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Lord of Pandemonium: people are saying Kagura's calling her his bitch because he's *always* referring to her as "ore no *kuso* onna" (糞女). It's the "糞" (kuso, literally ~ "shit" in its most-common usage) that's making what he's saying different from what you're comparing it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post

Also the correct translation isn't Bitch but shitty woman "Kuso" means shit in Japanese and "Onna" means woman, therefore "Kuso Onna" translates into shit woman.
Ok, I feel relieved that he didn't meant it but instead .. WHAT? shit woman? Bitch was better
But at least now it is explained why he keep saying that she stinks.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 18:55   Link #1868
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Ok, I feel relieved that he didn't meant it but instead .. WHAT? shit woman? Bitch was better
But at least now it is explained why he keep saying that she stinks.
Romantic isn't it?
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:02   Link #1869
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Romantic isn't it?
Really
But who knows, it could be her element power.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:07   Link #1870
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
This thread sure gets heated quick...

くそ ~
1.) Damn, shit, bullshit, etc.
2.) Damn -> MODIFIER to add emphasis or annoyance on the following word.

Take a step back from somehow thinking that the most common usage is the right usage, and ask your self which makes more sense:
a.) Stay away from my shit woman!
b.) Stay away from my damn woman! (Emphasis gets put on *woman*: my damn WOMAN!)

Try it out.

(Hint: Take note that (1.) is not a modifier, which makes (a.) fairly nonsensical. Switching it to bitch (where was this done?) is a fairly understandable westernization of the statement. Because, really, what sense does *shit* make to anyone in this thread?)

Back to work I go, I'll stop buy in a few hours.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:49   Link #1871
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
What Vena's saying, although I think "kuso onna" actually has a more specific idiomatic meaning closer to "bitch" or "slut" (depending on context) than what the dictionary entry for intensifier-"kuso" would suggest on its own (googling for "クソ女" will turn up lots of examples). Vulgar slang is far enough outside my expertise I'm just going to leave it at that; suffice to say it's a safe bet that Kagura's concerned for Mikono's well-being but would do well to wash his mouth out with soap.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:55   Link #1872
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
WHAT? shit woman? Bitch was better
But at least now it is explained why he keep saying that she stinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Romantic isn't it?
Damn right it is. Suits both their 'rotten' personalities, as I keep on saying before.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 20:14   Link #1873
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
This thread sure gets heated quick...
I don't know I can't get trough all that mumbo jumbo from first season posted here.
And really I'm happy that I didn't and wont watch first season.
That way I can avoid all the
This guy is that guy, this girl is that girl, this person is a soul of that person, this dude is wings and all that stuff.

Its a rom com, with so-so enemies, some space gate, and lolz robot fights making users orgasm O_o.
I treat it mostly as romance comedy.

Zessica Flag Waving Here.


Mikono as far as its my opinion can go with her *shit woman* knight.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:42   Link #1874
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Let's take a break from shipping for a moment, because I really want to say....What's Fudo's deal? Does he exist outside of time or is he a being that travels to from parallel universe to parallel universe...for what I don't know? But what's up with him?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
@Lord of Pandemonium
In your points your ignoring a lot of facts to suit yourself.
You think? I dunno..... I don't think so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
In hindsight all of those scans were hinting towards the relationship those characters did share, s.
Okayyyyy and you say that to say..... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Silvia and Sirius were the same person
What part of "Silvia's fatuous desire for her brother was result of wanting to 'join with her other half" says I believe otherwise? There is no argument there. I'm in total agreement those scans were hinting that they're the same person. It's exactly why I am not bothered by the scan of Mikono on Amata's lap. Hell Touma is embracing Apollo and we know he loved Silvia (Celiane)....I don't understand why you think I believe any differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
and Touma was Apollonius's aka Apollo's past life's ex-fiance who stilled loved Apollonious and harbored jealousy towards Silvia/Celiane for stealing him away.s.
um yeah...that's why I said "Apparently this guy is still bitter over Apollon's betrayal, bitter of the fact that the one he loved, loved another". Not trying to be a wise ass but...did you miss that part?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
So by that evidence you can say in hindsight only the picture of Sirius and Silvia wasn't hinting towards the true nature of their relationship. your comparison is rendered moot.s.
Is it moot? You seemed to have missed the entire reason I posted it. Perhaps the fault is mine, for not making it clear enough. I don't believe those scans hint at a love connection despite being shippy and Silvia a being a bro-con, because she was a bro-con.

Because in hindsight they were the same person and her feelings for him were a result of her desire to "unite" with her other half.

I've said that a lot of times already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Also in Genesis, Touma already got what he wanted.
Did he? I could swear he wanted Apollonious' love and it's something he didn't get
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
, he died with all of Apollonious while Celiane/Silvia was left all by herself and lonesome.
By then everything was all hunky--dory and Apollonious dying in a noble sacrifice instead of suffering because he betrayed Touma IS NOT what he was after...and by then Silvia reached him and he'd given up. By then saving ZaWarudo had become the most important thing. So...um why did you bring this up again? ....honestly I forgot


Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
comparison isn't really help by the simple facts of Aquarion.s.
I beg to differ here... I'd say they support me
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Also the correct translation isn't Bitch but shitty woman "Kuso" means shit in Japanese and "Onna" means woman, therefore "Kuso Onna" translates into shit woman.s.
Um yeah and Apollo called Silvia a barrage of names and still I loved them as a pair. So? It's translated as "smelly wench" and that's what I'm running with.... until I see an official source because it's more than one way to say something in ENGLISH and the english translations say "smelly wench" and so I prefer to roll with that. Not saying I can't take your word for it, I'm just not going to because how do I know I can take your word for it

Which is something I am going to admit I just prefer "smelly wench" over "shit woman" but I like bastards like Kim Do Jin from Miunohri to Swan. So I guess this is a matter of tastes. Besides Kagura's so hot he could call her every foul name in the book and I'd love it...because I'm shallow like that. Not going to hide it. I like bastard possessive male leads..so again it's a matter of tastes.....mine says "I don't care what he calls her" it doesn't change the fact that she's not just a possession to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Also a fact from Aquarion, before Apollo enters into gattai with Sirius and Touma, he says to Silvia "I will never forget your scent".
Where were you when I said that many times? --in fact that's been something I have mentioned many times as a pro for my ship. You're not that observant are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
If Amata was really a part of Silvia as you claim he is then Kagura would have smelt the same as Mikono, but according to Kagura Amata doesn't have a scent at all, which is interesting because he also says that Shrade smells like Mikono. Kagura's reaction to Mikono's scent is from Apollo's promise to Silvia, therefore any reincarnation of Silvia would smell like her, but according to Kagura Amata doesn't smell like her at all, in fact he doesn't have a scent.===So the series itself debunks your theory.s.
ORLY? You cannot debunk a theory with another theory. You can when you use actual evidence yes, but not a theory of your own It doesn't work like that Because there is nothing that says that Amata should have the same smell as Mikono if they're both Silvia. Because that's a FANON belief and there is no canon evidence that supports this notion. Apollo never ever remarked on Sirius' scent. He did remark on Apollonius' smell being the same as the other shadow angels but he's never ever said Sirius smelled like Silvia, so your theory is moot in my opinion. Because at the end of the day it's all opinions mine and yours. I just prefer mine over yours at this point ...but there is no right or wrong here because we're both just assuming sh!t....

Also you obviously skipped over the part where I said that I was starting to believe that Amata might be actually be a part of Apollon along with Kagura, after all. Which is why I said "The only chance Amata and Mikono have a chance to get together is if Kagura and Amata are one and they merge" . Or his lack of smell is because he's some "freaky creation created to cock-block Kagura and Mikono" because I said that too...

I also said that there was enough to make me believe that Shrade is Sirius so I am not arguing that either. There is no debate there, since I think it's a reasonable assumption to make based on Kagura saying Shrade smelled like "Her" but the fact that he didn't really say who "her" was leaves a bit of room for doubt but I'm not ruling it out either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
----

Also to support LMK's theory another fact from Aquarion Silvia also used to get jealous (in a different manner) when Reika was near Apollo as well, so LMK's point still stands.s.
In a different manner like how? She was jealous of both. Which is why I said it's consistent with her characterization in the OS. It's also the reason I want to see if she will eventually get jealous over Kagura.
As of right now, my point still stands as well.. I don't have a reason to be alarmed yet, because she was jealous over Reika when it came to her brother. It was much like the way she is now....she was angered and showed it openly. I don't see how that's different....

Random--how come you used an acronym for LMK name but typed out mines? My name has a lot more letters you know,...LoP will suffice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
It is my belief that Aquarion is a series that should be watched twice before using information from it, once and on the second viewing once you have all the answers (given by the series) looking back at that series and then applying the answers to the characters' behaviors and attitudes.
Seriously you can't tell that I've seen it more than once? As Reese Witherspoon said in Freeway. I seen it "so many times" It's one of my faves. It's listed on my profile here and I watch it whenever I get bored, because you know....I like it just that much. I marathon it A LOT. Just recently I did, because I knew Evol would be airing...and I love the original. I always have....

I've seen it more than once so thank you but no thank you, I don't need the advice. How bout you tell that to the people that only watched it once because it's wasted on me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Zessica Flag Waving Here.


Mikono as far as its my opinion can go with her *shit woman* knight.
I can accept that ....*High Fives* Because you know what? I am also waving a Zessica Flag here. We go together like IchiRuki & UlquiHime or if you prefer like IchiHime and RenRuki shippers. Your gain is a win for my side as well

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-24 at 02:02.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:23   Link #1875
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I wouldn't dismiss Amata being the reincarnation of Apollonius, either.

"Ama" or "天" means "sun" in Chinese IIRC.

We saw with the previous Aquarion series that the names are important giveaway for the characters' true identity. They played it with Sirius and Silvia. I can't see them ignoring that aspect for Amata as well.

Just like Selene's symbol is the Moon, Apollonius was always represented by the Sun. So Amata's name having a meaning that correlates with the Sun is no mistake. Especially if you compare it to a similar word: Amaterasu (天照) the mythological goddess of the Sun.

So yeah. Whether it is just a half or Apollonius' entire being, but I think Amata is likely the reincarnation of Apollo.

I also have a theory for Kagura's identity as well but let's keep it for later.
__________________
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:40   Link #1876
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
天 means sky or heaven in Chinese.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 02:49   Link #1877
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Take a step back from somehow thinking that the most common usage is the right usage, and ask your self which makes more sense:
a.) Stay away from my shit woman!
b.) Stay away from my damn woman! (Emphasis gets put on *woman*: my damn WOMAN!)
Actually, it's as miketyson says: in this case it's not an emphasizer, it's a modifier of "woman," and the compound does in fact mean "bitch" or something along those lines, in the "you bitch" sense. (I think it was translated as "wench" in subs which to me doesn't carry the same connotations, and it sounds ridiculously archaic, then again, I'm not a native speaker so maybe it just flies over my head.)

I mean, guys, I'm sure you've already noticed that Kagura is not exactly a Disney prince, well, he doesn't talk like one either. He has the usual anime-style aggressive, macho speech register. I guess him calling women (or just Mikono? dunno) "bitch"/"kusoonna" is meant to be a reflection of his aggressive, "beast like" personality but it's so damn annoying. Apollo was nowhere near this bad. (Btw, funny thing about Kagura is that he has this very simple speech, almost on the "me Tarzan, you Jane." level. Maybe this will change if we see more of him but so far... I don't remember who compared him to King Kong but I can see where it's coming from.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
天 means sky or heaven in Chinese.
It means the same in Japanese and also has an "ama" reading (hence Amaterasu, 天照). Sora is obviously 空, meaning sky. I wonder what the "ta" part of Amata is supposed to be.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-24 at 03:03.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 03:07   Link #1878
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I wouldn't dismiss Amata being the reincarnation of Apollonius, either.

"Ama" or "天" means "sun" in Chinese IIRC.

We saw with the previous Aquarion series that the names are important giveaway for the characters' true identity. They played it with Sirius and Silvia. I can't see them ignoring that aspect for Amata as well.

Just like Selene's symbol is the Moon, Apollonius was always represented by the Sun. So Amata's name having a meaning that correlates with the Sun is no mistake. Especially if you compare it to a similar word: Amaterasu (天照) the mythological goddess of the Sun.

So yeah. Whether it is just a half or Apollonius' entire being, but I think Amata is likely the reincarnation of Apollo.

I also have a theory for Kagura's identity as well but let's keep it for later.
I do keep in my mind when I first heard Amata's name in the first episode, and you'll probably figured out the meaning for the worlds' names.

Altair and Vega (in this series, is it Earth?), the star crossed lovers, represented in Japanese mythology by Hikoboshi and Orihime, whose meeting is celebrated the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar in the Tanabata festival held in Japan.

The tale of both Orihime and Hikoboshi perfectly fits with this series theme of love, because according to the legend the Milky Way separates these lovers and are only allowed to meet once a year.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 03:42   Link #1879
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
So if we took the tanabata legend and somehow put it in this anime, I guess it really supports Mikono x Kagura pairings very much
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 03:45   Link #1880
bigdeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hes a dog going after his mate. Of course hes saying "bitch".
__________________
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/bigdeath111/madokamagicasig.jpg
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction, shipping

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.