AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-24, 19:40   Link #1921
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And its true, Zessica sure is a very flowery character in the OP and now some flowery frills on the mirror, but we've not seen her with a flower at all in the show.
Maybe it's linked with the Tree of Life somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
well maybe mikono and yunoha actually represent vega the planet. one in the morning time(yunoha) and one at night(mikono) because they both have the small dark circle with stars and then a circle with concentric rings. zessica could be the moon cause of the rays shining from the bottom. i believe the moon does appear along with flowers when she shoots the missile.

yunoha was the only character who got the same gattai scene as silvia, sirius and apollo from season 1 and she is golden aura.
Guys, guys... what if after 12000 years, Silvia's and Apollo's souls split in like many parts? Which includes that "cat" Mikono has on the shoulder and Alicia? Just to make sure at least one of them wouldn't have to wait 12000 years.

Best trolling ever or what?
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:50   Link #1922
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Maybe it's linked with the Tree of Life somehow?



Guys, guys... what if after 12000 years, Silvia's and Apollo's souls split in like many parts? Which includes that "cat" Mikono has on the shoulder and Alicia? Just to make sure at least one of them wouldn't have to wait 12000 years.

Best trolling ever or what?


Check this out -- I got a hold of sample images for the artwork in the ed...that have the proper colors on them




I plan to get them redrawn and recolored along with images of Zessica, Amata, & Mikono in episode 8 by some very talented artists because I have a friend who knows a bunch of them and she's also an obsessive fangirl like me, so we're going to make it happen


@ Amata and Mikono fans. Because I keep my bias out of graphics and I like to share---do you want an image of Mikono and Amata vectored or fan art or something? If body parts are missing, we'll have them added. Text? Low Resolution...NO PROBLEM. Speak now or forever hold your peace. PM or VM me

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-02-24 at 22:17.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:53   Link #1923
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
On a non-shipping related note...

Is there a list somewhere that lists people's Element powers? I know of...

Amata: flying boner
Shrade: musical mind rape
Yunoha: greatest thing a stalker can ask for
Andy: master tuneller (too bad no lack tunneling into females lol)
Sazanka: paparazzi extraordinaire (?)
Mikono: anti-magic/anti-element (<-- major speculation btw)

Major ones I can't remember/haven't been shown yet are Zessica and Cayenne. Any clue from character sheet of official website or anything?
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 22:55   Link #1924
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004


it would seem other than the dotted lines coming out from mikono's hands. there is a extra dotted line around one of the rims of the bigger concentric circles between her legs. from that circle come out the flowery green leafy things. i think those leafy feathers are just like the ones on zessica's mirror(with the ripple in the mirror matching the concentric circle). so basically mikono connects that concentric circle as well.

also, in the OP zessica shoots the missles and we see altair, vega below and the moon. just like in mikono's ed picture. if we assume the bigger concentric circle is vega, the smaller concentric circle is altair, the moon and the sun is the circle with the stars in it.
basically for mikono's picture its night time.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-02-24 at 23:14.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 23:17   Link #1925
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
On a non-shipping related note...

Is there a list somewhere that lists people's Element powers? I know of...

Amata: flying boner
Shrade: musical mind rape
Yunoha: greatest thing a stalker can ask for
Andy: master tuneller (too bad no lack tunneling into females lol)
Sazanka: paparazzi extraordinaire (?)
Mikono: anti-magic/anti-element (<-- major speculation btw)

Major ones I can't remember/haven't been shown yet are Zessica and Cayenne. Any clue from character sheet of official website or anything?
Cayenne is his vision, it also lets him detect his enemy's position I think, judging from how he found Jin hiding on an Asteroid in space.

As for Zessica, Zen said something about 'Force' when her, Amata and Shrade gattai'd for Spada.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 23:42   Link #1926
TurquoiseThyme
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
TurqoiseThyme: that's an interesting theory and I haven't seen anyone come up with it yet. In a similar vein, if we go by "tufts of fur on clothes == wing-hints" then the art for Yunoha's fairly suggestive.
miketyson: I agree that the ED art for Yunoha does suggest strongly that she might be some part of Toma's soul, the feathers and the "frog". After all wasn't he the frog in the combo at the end of the first series?

After all a frog can't be anything but a frog.

She's shy and goes unoticed for a long time.
TurquoiseThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 23:47   Link #1927
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post


it would seem other than the dotted lines coming out from mikono's hands. there is a extra dotted line around one of the rims of the bigger concentric circles between her legs. from that circle come out the flowery green leafy things. i think those leafy feathers are just like the ones on zessica's mirror(with the ripple in the mirror matching the concentric circle). so basically mikono connects that concentric circle as well.

also, in the OP zessica shoots the missles and we see altair, vega below and the moon. just like in mikono's ed picture. if we assume the bigger concentric circle is vega, the smaller concentric circle is altair, the moon and the sun is the circle with the stars in it.
basically for mikono's picture its night time.
the flowers/leafs motif are actually in all of the girl's (and Shrade's) images not just Mikono's and Zessica's.
Spoiler for for size:

Last edited by wisteria233; 2012-02-24 at 23:58.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 00:26   Link #1928
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Don't know if these have been posted yet

Spoiler for DVD images:


You know...Amata's hair color is BROWN...just saying
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 01:43   Link #1929
Ypocaramel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Intentional or just bad color matching on the printer's part? heh
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:06   Link #1930
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
You know...Amata's hair color is BROWN...just saying
It's called "shadowing". He has his back to the light source so his face, clothes and hair are colored darker than their normal color. If you look at the few tufts that are not in the shadow you can see that they're the usual orange-reddish shade.

FFS, Donar called him a redhead in ep 3.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:06   Link #1931
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Cayenne is his vision, it also lets him detect his enemy's position I think, judging from how he found Jin hiding on an Asteroid in space.

As for Zessica, Zen said something about 'Force' when her, Amata and Shrade gattai'd for Spada.
Yeah, Zessica's power is something related to 'Force', I seem to remember in the first episode where they Gattai for the first time, she make a hand print blast or something like that. A note about Andy, his power isn't really about making holes but to detect weakness and imperfections in things, to make him know where it's in the weakest and easiest to dig. No clue about MIX, I suppose we'll find out next ep. I think the website says that she loves to fill holes, not sure if that's her power or just her hobby though.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:14   Link #1932
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
No clue about MIX, I suppose we'll find out next ep. I think the website says that she loves to fill holes, not sure if that's her power or just her hobby though.
It must be at least part of her power, she filled Andy's hole (heh) so well that he couldn't find any weaknesses to exploit.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 04:26   Link #1933
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Don't know if these have been posted yet

Spoiler for DVD images:


You know...Amata's hair color is BROWN...just saying
He's a red head. Donar called him a read head. My read head fetishist self reacts to him.XD


Alicia somewhat remind me of Athena from Saint Seiya : The hair color, the devotion, the hair accessorie.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 05:12   Link #1934
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It must be at least part of her power, she filled Andy's hole (heh) so well that he couldn't find any weaknesses to exploit.
So basically it's a battle between an unstoppable force and an immovable object ?


Then somewhere down the line in the episode, Zen would comment something about how since the beginning of time women have always set up fortresses while men have must always break down their defense etc etc etc.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 05:46   Link #1935
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
@ Amata and Mikono fans. Because I keep my bias out of graphics and I like to share---do you want an image of Mikono and Amata vectored or fan art or something? If body parts are missing, we'll have them added. Text? Low Resolution...NO PROBLEM. Speak now or forever hold your peace. PM or VM me
It would be nice of you to support both sides since we have no reason to hate either side of the triangle yet. So, if you want to contribute, be my guest.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 08:33   Link #1936
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseThyme View Post
miketyson: I agree that the ED art for Yunoha does suggest strongly that she might be some part of Toma's soul, the feathers and the "frog". After all wasn't he the frog in the combo at the end of the first series?
Ah very interesting. I still haven't seen the original so thanks for pointing that out.

Chaos2Frozen: I hope Zen's lines are cleverer than that. This show's had a refreshing gender-neutrality to it so far. The outfits can't be helped, I guess, but at least the dialogue hasn't really done much along the lines of "men are from mars, women are from venus".

No one else seeing Mikono's pose making more sense as "falling" (as in the images from mayumi and Lord of Pandemonium) than as "sitting" (the horizontal arrangement in the ED)?
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 08:47   Link #1937
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Ah very interesting. I still haven't seen the original so thanks for pointing that out.

Chaos2Frozen: I hope Zen's lines are cleverer than that. This show's had a refreshing gender-neutrality to it so far. The outfits can't be helped, I guess, but at least the dialogue hasn't really done much along the lines of "men are from mars, women are from venus".

No one else seeing Mikono's pose making more sense as "falling" (as in the images from mayumi and Lord of Pandemonium) than as "sitting" (the horizontal arrangement in the ED)?
It would make sense with Cayenne's dark omens concerning Mikono.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:07   Link #1938
mangatron
Oneesan's FTW!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Episode 08. A little late, but yeah...:/

What a fun ep. Zessica being conscious about her attire was cute, I been saying it, she's wearing a combo Hot PANTsu

And the stripping part.... lol, please, PLEASE let there be an ep where the girls pilot in their swimsuits. We need a swimsuit ep anyways Still, I wish they swapped Amata for Mixy-chan, oh to see her strip off her man-hating armor is a sight once every thousand years

But... funny how the first thing I remember about naked strength was that one School Rumble ep... which was actually a parody of Die Hard 2

Can't wait for the next ep, Mixy-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And that's why Aquarion EVOL made the wise decision to include girls... Lots of girls...
Obvious or not, I need to say it: I would never have touched this series if it weren't for the awesome lineup of colorful girls

THE GIRLS!
__________________

THOSE LEGS <3
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
-*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
-*Feel My Birthday 2015
-*RIP my last Hermit Crab, 2011-2015
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, suturing my wound failed...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up with my posts all these years! XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 09:29   Link #1939
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
On a non-shipping related note...

Is there a list somewhere that lists people's Element powers? I know of...

Amata: flying boner
Shrade: musical mind rape
Yunoha: greatest thing a stalker can ask for
Andy: master tuneller (too bad no lack tunneling into females lol)
Sazanka: paparazzi extraordinaire (?)
Mikono: anti-magic/anti-element (<-- major speculation btw)

Major ones I can't remember/haven't been shown yet are Zessica and Cayenne. Any clue from character sheet of official website or anything?
It'd be interesting to rank the powers of the Elements, others have already provided the powers of Zessica and Cayenne, only Mix is really left as a big *?* on what she can do other than fill holes and be a tsun.

Feel free to disagree with the following ranking (stronger -> weaker):
Shrade - No contest, at all.
Yunoha - Her power is just broken and handed Jin his ass with it.
Amata - Forms the EVOL and he's quite powerful when he gets fired up, being able to turn the EVOL and stupid-form into fireball, orbit breaking mode.
Cayenne - Its not offensive but being able to see the future is a hell of a power, and by his admission he comes from a family of very powerful elements and everyone respects him because of his powers.
Andy - Despite never seeing it in action, the explanation of his power would imply that it carries a good deal of strength to it.
Zessica - Aside from the first episode where we saw that monstrous manifestation of her power (we still have no idea why that happened, nor did Zessica), we've only heard of it in passing empowering the mecha. (Unfortunately the latest episode wasn't her element, just their nude bodies turning it major hax against Jin's weapons.)
Sazanka - As awesome as it is for her bank account, it seems highly impractical.

MIX - ??
Mikono - ?? But she's currently at the bottom given that she has no known powers.

I don't know how others would rank Yunoha, but I can't help but put her near Shrade's level. Her ability of invisibility in and of itself is incredibly powerful but she herself would probably need to be incredibly strong not only to keep that ability on all day (I'd assume using your elemental power has some negative effects) but to also do it to an entire mecha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For some reason... The Internet has other expectations for Jin...
Maybe the fan artists know something that we don't?
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:04   Link #1940
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
@ Mix...filled Andy's hole. So it's something to do with "walls" ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
It would be nice of you to support both sides since we have no reason to hate either side of the triangle yet. So, if you want to contribute, be my guest.
I'm nice but I am not that nice. I don't multiship .... it's my pairings or gtfo.

Who said I hate AmataxMikono? It's quite the contrary...I don't feel anything for them.NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH...
So I'm not shipping it until I see a definite sign they are my beloved pairing--I will still feel lukewarm but I will sorta ship them just because. I just don't think so atm

I hate a lot pairings but that doesn't mean I won't get them in a vector or render, especially if I have a few friends that like them. There is only ONE pairing that I wouldn't do that for...EVER.

I don't multiship so I am not going to support both sides but I don't hate them

Okay since no one wants anything. I won't get because I care about my own happiness first so it means. I will concentrate on the characters and pairs I like best. Zessica and Amata, Kagura and Mikono, Andy and Mix and Cayenne and Shrade, and Sezanka (that girl understands the heart of Fujioshi so it's impossible not to love her) ....

I really like Amata, I just prefer Kagura because...well he's hotter and he's just like Apollo. (That and I have fantasies of him licking Mikono all over) The thing is Shuu (Guilty Crown) and Shion (ShionxNezumi ) are both just like Amata, so it's like I've seen this character too many times--so he's not my fave in Aquarion but I like him a lot. Mikono...not so much. I'm just tolerating her for my ship...(and I really liked Silvia--pity)
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.