AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-25, 18:39   Link #1961
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Now it's all up to the manner Altair is going to evaluate the reaiglers strength. If they go by the global feelng in neo deava if they indeed infiltrate it, I don't see them considering Mikono as being one of the most likely Eve candidate. But they have probabely their own evaluation devices.

If not that I wanted Zessica to get a massive power-up I just wanted her ability to be made crystal clear.
If Jin was anything to go by last episode, neither Mikono nor Zessica are the ones they were looking for.

Yeah we know Kagura wants Mikono, but what Kagura wants isn't the same as what Altair needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They could have cloned the women... find out what's wrong with the disease that affected them.
Not exactly, they could clone- But those women might still die. After all cloning has a 1 in 1000 chances of success by itself, not to mention there is some crazy disease to lower the odds further.

Also, if they could figure out what's wrong from studying the bodies, they would have done so with the millions of bodies and cloning wouldn't teach them anything new.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:42   Link #1962
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
PFF. There is only ONE OTP in EVOL so far:

Spoiler for and the animators know it:


The rest is harem.
Sazanka approves this statement

wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:46   Link #1963
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
The fact is, you can't ship Aquarion couples due to the fact Apollonius and Celienne exist (at least not within the main characters).
Yep, that's the issue with aquarion. If it were a normal series, speaking of shipping, I'd say that Amata/Mikono are the fated one, BUT with the reincarnation thing it's really better being ready for anything.
Even if I have to admit that they have pushed Amata/Mikono/Zessica far enough that a Kagura surprise would grate on me quite a bit. But I don't like Kagura as I didn't like Apollo so .. but the problem wouldn't be Kagura if they had given him a proper development, what I wouldn't like to see is a Kagura/Mikono ending only just because.
Anyways I have to bear with it
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:51   Link #1964
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Chaos2Frozen: Jin (and by extension Izumo, I think) are hard to read. It's possible Alisia had some mind-blowing elemental abilities, and relative to her Zessica and Mikono are such small potatoes it's hard to take them seriously as eve candidates. It's also possible Jin's just a "2D" (really: "hologram figurine", I think)-preferring fellow, such that no "real" woman would appeal to him as much as his Alisia holofigs. In which case, good luck, Altair, you're *really* going to need it.

Side note: if Jin is the one-eyed transfer student, you think he and Amata will bond by watching Skies of Aquarion (or whatever that in-show movie is called)? It's Neo-Deava movie night, Amata gets so excited he has someone else who's that big of a fan he starts flying when he talks to Jin, cue some Mikono (and Zessica, lol) jealousy?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-02-25 at 18:53. Reason: Addendum
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 21:18   Link #1965
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not exactly, they could clone- But those women might still die. After all cloning has a 1 in 1000 chances of success by itself, not to mention there is some crazy disease to lower the odds further.

Also, if they could figure out what's wrong from studying the bodies, they would have done so with the millions of bodies and cloning wouldn't teach them anything new.
Which would still have less risks and better success rate than doing whatever they were doing in Vega? Just yanking people and hoping it'll be the right one? Risking their lives at it (the ones that can go there). Please, it makes zero sense if they can survive through cloning themselves and continue research about cloning women.

If they could clone Apollo, why they didn't clone Silvia if they needed someone as strong as her? Not believing the clone theory anymore.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2012-02-25 at 23:41.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 00:19   Link #1966
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Which would still have less risks and better success rate than doing whatever they were doing in Vega? Just yanking people and hoping it'll be the right one? Risking their lives at it (the ones that can go there). Please, it makes zero sense if they can survive through cloning themselves and continue research about cloning women.
How do you know it's not a problem with the genetic code of the Altair women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
If they could clone Apollo, why they didn't clone Silvia if they needed someone as strong as her? Not believing the clone theory anymore.
They couldn't find her genetic code? Maybe they were lucky to even get a working Kagura.

Hey I don't care either way about this theory, but I'm pointing out your argument has holes, or at least loopholes that can be exploited.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 01:42   Link #1967
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How do you know it's not a problem with the genetic code of the Altair women?
If they are cloning around, they can fix that eventually... The research is way way less risky than oh hey lets go to another dimension, endanger ourselves to take women who turn up dead anyway, because maybe there's a chance one won't be this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They couldn't find her genetic code? Maybe they were lucky to even get a working Kagura.

Hey I don't care either way about this theory, but I'm pointing out your argument has holes, or at least loopholes that can be exploited.
That doesn't make any sense... Apollo's genetic code would be more inaccessible if anything? Furthermore, if Kagura was a clone of Apollo, wouldn't they cherish him more? They wanted to mate the Eve with Jin, rather than him and seem to ignore him. It seems that they have no idea if he has an hypothetical connection with him, aside of maybe Mykage.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 03:59   Link #1968
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
That doesn't make any sense... Apollo's genetic code would be more inaccessible if anything? Furthermore, if Kagura was a clone of Apollo, wouldn't they cherish him more? They wanted to mate the Eve with Jin, rather than him and seem to ignore him. It seems that they have no idea if he has an hypothetical connection with him, aside of maybe Mykage.
When did the say they wanted to mate the Eve with Jin? As far as I remember Jin went to Vega to capture a Reaigler and bring her home, Izumo never told him they wanted him to do anything more to her. (NTR jokes are all good and well but it wasn't actually a NTR situation - that was just Mykage messing with Kagura.)

Also, Kagura seems to be in a rather privileged position, judging by the fact that he has his own mecha, that he seems to be allowed to do pretty much whatever he wants, and the amount of insubordination and messing up that he got away with before he got locked up in that cage - and I think Mykage only locked him up because he knew what Izumo and Jin were planning and wanted to make sure that Kagura would sit in one place and watch it.

(That said, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone is a clone or an otherwise genetically engineered life form here...)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-26 at 04:12.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 04:30   Link #1969
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
When did the say they wanted to mate the Eve with Jin? As far as I remember Jin went to Vega to capture a Reaigler and bring her home, Izumo never told him they wanted him to do anything more to her. (NTR jokes are all good and well but it wasn't actually a NTR situation - that was just Mykage messing with Kagura.)

Also, Kagura seems to be in a rather privileged position, judging by the fact that he has his own mecha, that he seems to be allowed to do pretty much whatever he wants, and the amount of insubordination and messing up that he got away with before he got locked up in that cage - and I think Mykage only locked him up because he knew what Izumo and Jin were planning and wanted to make sure that Kagura would sit in one place and watch it.

(That said, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone is a clone or an otherwise genetically engineered life form here...)
I actually get too that they want Jin to mate with True Eve, because of his special status as the last son of Altair(the youngest one).

Kagura's mecha is locked up and created only recently by Jin. Izumo conversation with Mykage in the 6 the episode pretty much shows that Izumo thinks Kagura is playing again and it's nothing special, basically no one cares(except Mykage) what Kagura wants(sit in the cage and don't be a burden, Mr. Wild Child).


This 8 episode looked like a secret educational program "unprotected sex makes babies".
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:11   Link #1970
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I actually get too that they want Jin to mate with True Eve, because of his special status as the last son of Altair(the youngest one).
Maybe, but I don't think they ever mentioned it... Also, I don't think it would make sense trying to repopulate an entire planet using a single couple (various complications and health issues aside, what if they only have sons??), but this is Aquarion so common sense might not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Kagura's mecha is locked up and created only recently by Jin. Izumo conversation with Mykage in the 6 the episode pretty much shows that Izumo thinks Kagura is playing again and it's nothing special, basically no one cares(except Mykage) what Kagura wants(sit in the cage and don't be a burden, Mr. Wild Child).
But how old are Jin and Kagura? Supposing that Jin is a bit younger than Kagura, they seem to be around the same age as the Vega gang (16-17). Given their age it makes sense why Kagura's mecha was created only recently. And of course it's locked because 1) Kagura wrecked it and not for the first time either, 2) Izumo doesn't want Kagura to go and mess the mission up any further, while Mykage has other plans with him. And if they really just wanted him to sit in a cage and not be a burden, then why did they give him a mecha and let him go to Vega at all? I mean, they know that he's a loose cannon.

What I got from the series so far is that Kagura is a high-ranking person over at Altair, but he's difficult to control so Izumo mostly lets him be until he goes too far. Going by Izumo's words in ep 7 he'd been locked up at least once but I guess it happened before the series started because we haven't seen him being punished neither for wrecking his mecha (giving more work to Jin) nor for clear insubordination and wrecking other Altair mecha. And Izumo's phrasing implies that this time at least it wasn't Izumo who decided on the punishment which makes me think it might have been Mykage. (And I think Mykage cares more about what Mykage wants rather than what Kagura wants... it's just that in this case the two probably overlap on some level.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 06:29   Link #1971
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Maybe, but I don't think they ever mentioned it... Also, I don't think it would make sense trying to repopulate an entire planet using a single couple (various complications and health issues aside, what if they only have sons??), but this is Aquarion so common sense might not apply.


But how old are Jin and Kagura? Supposing that Jin is a bit younger than Kagura, they seem to be around the same age as the Vega gang (16-17).
Izumo always talks about this matter only with Jin, he even has made Jin the head of this mission. This episode Jin's line " I'd would be happy with just Alicia " pretty much sealed the deal that Jin and one girl should be able to ensure the survival of their species. Aquarion and it's tree of life.
Jin's age? I am guessing that he shouldn't be younger than 14. Age in anime is a tough matter.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 06:59   Link #1972
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Izumo always talks about this matter only with Jin, he even has made Jin the head of this mission. This episode Jin's line " I'd would be happy with just Alicia " pretty much sealed the deal that Jin and one girl should be able to ensure the survival of their species.
I don't think this is enough evidence that they want Jin to actually get down and mate with whomever turns out to be their "Eve"... And I didn't get that from Jin's line either, to me it sounded more like "new Reaiglers, whatever, I'm fine as long as we have Alisia", especially with Izumo scolding him for it. But who knows.

Re: Jin's age, when Mykage appears to Izumo and Jin he mentions that Jin has grown a lot, which implies that 9 years ago (or whenever it was that Mykage went to sleep, though I suppose it was 9 years ago after Donar's incident) Jin was a small boy. 14-16 seems to be right.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:23   Link #1973
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
I'm going with the "Kagura isn't from Altair" theory: I'm running with the Mykage brought Kagura with him when he came to Altair, and part of the price of the dimension gates and mech designs was something along the lines of "raise this foundling Kagura as one of your own...". Or something.

But guys guys guys: what if Kagura *is* Apollo? Something like this: Mykage stole some parallel-universe's Apollo as a young child and has been raising him on his own? Possibly Altair, as part of why Altair's all messed up now (the events 12k years ago turned out very differently...).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:45   Link #1974
pingva
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Re: Jin's age, when Mykage appears to Izumo and Jin he mentions that Jin has grown a lot, which implies that 9 years ago (or whenever it was that Mykage went to sleep, though I suppose it was 9 years ago after Donar's incident) Jin was a small boy. 14-16 seems to be right.
You something mixing up. Mykage said that Izumo grown up a lot.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:50   Link #1975
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I'm going with the "Kagura isn't from Altair" theory: I'm running with the Mykage brought Kagura with him when he came to Altair, and part of the price of the dimension gates and mech designs was something along the lines of "raise this foundling Kagura as one of your own...". Or something.

But guys guys guys: what if Kagura *is* Apollo? Something like this: Mykage stole some parallel-universe's Apollo as a young child and has been raising him on his own? Possibly Altair, as part of why Altair's all messed up now (the events 12k years ago turned out very differently...).
Nothing indicates it, but I quite like it for some reason.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:02   Link #1976
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
You something mixing up. Mykage said that Izumo grown up a lot.
? He said "Jin mo ookiku natta ne".
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:55   Link #1977
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Few more hours left for our Ms. Big Bang to feel her first gattai with boys X3

__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:59   Link #1978
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Ah yes, something to get me away from the fallout of ep. 8 of Nise...

Good ol' Andy - his time has come.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:49   Link #1979
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
When did the say they wanted to mate the Eve with Jin? As far as I remember Jin went to Vega to capture a Reaigler and bring her home, Izumo never told him they wanted him to do anything more to her. (NTR jokes are all good and well but it wasn't actually a NTR situation - that was just Mykage messing with Kagura.)
Episode 8... They planned to hook up the True Eve with Jin, because he's the last true son of Altair. Which is one of the reasons why Kagura is all "keep your hands off my wench" in earlier episodes.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:59   Link #1980
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Episode 8... They planned to hook up the True Eve with Jin, because he's the last true son of Altair. Which is one of the reasons why Kagura is all "keep your hands off my wench" in earlier episodes.
Mykage loses a lot of his punch in taunting Kagura if Jin isn't going to Altair to get his hands on a woman with whom to mate. There'd be little *threat* to Kagura's woman if Jin was just a pick-up and delivery service that does all the hard work after which Kagura could claim Mikono all for himself.

Mykage is feeding Kagura's jealousy by playing Altair's goal of mating *The Last Son of Altair* against them, and directing Kagura's fury at Jin. Its fairly evident that Mykage is on his own side in all of this.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.