AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-30, 04:35   Link #1
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

Thumbs up smash hit 3 problems

hello people, i downloaded smash hit 3 the other day and when i start it up in media player it comes up with this thing saying "windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close , we are sorry for the inconvenience" it says a few other things then it has these choice of "send error report" and "dont send", now this may not be a big thing but when i play smash hit 1 and 2 i dont get this problem so i was wondering if you could help me please because its really getting on my nerves, i hope i explained clearly enough...thanks
Old 2004-03-30, 04:52   Link #2
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I think you have driver problems. I got my drivers from a mate though:/
Could someone link her?
Old 2004-03-30, 13:24   Link #3
Rhia

but why would this happen because it doesnt happen to any other torrents that ive downloaded before or after..
Old 2004-03-30, 14:30   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I would first offer the standard fix for most problems of this nature.

Install ffdshow.

That would be the first step in identifying your problem. Uninstall all your existing codecs and then install ffdshow-20030523.exe

The fact that ep 1 and 2 work (or any of your other downloads work) isn't much of a clue as to what your problem is. We need to know what codecs you have installed (well, actually it doesn't matter much since the advice would still be to uninstall all the existing codecs you have and just install ffdshow by itself).

Fansub groups very often change the method of encoding the episodes and they may have only just started to use a new version of DivX or XviD or whatever. Depending on what you have in the way of installed codecs, it may be that the current combination no longer work with this particular method of encoding used by Traid.

So, maybe more info is require from you.

What are you trying to watch?
I assume it Smash Hit ep 3 by Triad

What codecs do you have installed?
Please don't say "They are the latest" because that doesn't really mean much. If you have a codec pack installed, that can cause all sorts of potential problems. Some codecs interfere with each other, etc., etc. Best thing to do is to remove them all and start again with just ffdshow.

What media players have you tried?
Try downloading Media Player Classic and use that as an alternative to WMP. The "Send Error Report" isn't important, it just means that WMP crashed, which you already know about.

Have a read of the sticky in this forum as you will find where to download ffdshow and MPC.
Media Configuration Guide

ffdshow-20030523.exe
Old 2004-03-31, 13:20   Link #5
Rhia

im not sure which codec i have but i will find out and let ya know..
Closed Thread