AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 11:47   Link #321
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

negative.
Originally Charlotte wanted to have matching schedules with Raishin but Raishin only takes the bare minimum classes while Char is a model student.

Originally I thought they would both take the class (since Raishin's master prepared room for them both), not sure why Char didn't show/quit - the novel didn't touch upon the subject.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 19:14   Link #322
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
negative.
Originally Charlotte wanted to have matching schedules with Raishin but Raishin only takes the bare minimum classes while Char is a model student.

Originally I thought they would both take the class (since Raishin's master prepared room for them both), not sure why Char didn't show/quit - the novel didn't touch upon the subject.
She didn't want to keep looking at the SM play from Raishin and his master
Old 2012-09-13, 21:10   Link #323
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
if i recall only one MC has that habit
Kamijou Touma or is it someone else.
Old 2012-09-13, 22:35   Link #324
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Well, a lot of times the hero has to get himself into trouble - and often time self sacrifice is a defining trait.

One memorable moment in recent years would be the end of Gundam Seed Destiny where the main characters just completely annihilated the "bad guys" without even getting a scratch - it was complete failure imo.

Now that Raishin gained mastery over Yaya's Herculean strength he does not get hurt "as often".

The recovery ward has its advantages: other heroines can take part in Raishin's life - can't let Yaya have complete monopoly over the morning and evening hours.

Spoiler for Volume 9 info:
Old 2012-09-14, 01:20   Link #325
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Kamijou Touma or is it someone else.
there is no one else right?
Old 2012-09-14, 02:19   Link #326
sky black swordman

Quote:
Well, a lot of times the hero has to get himself into trouble - and often time self sacrifice is a defining trait.

One memorable moment in recent years would be the end of Gundam Seed Destiny where the main characters just completely annihilated the "bad guys" without even getting a scratch - it was complete failure imo.

Now that Raishin gained mastery over Yaya's Herculean strength he does not get hurt "as often".

The recovery ward has its advantages: other heroines can take part in Raishin's life - can't let Yaya have complete monopoly over the morning and evening hours.

Must be talking about Jesus Kira, Athrun, or both?
And judging from that expression something she wants/likes and Yaya does clearly not.
My advice Raishin " Dont turn around!!"

Quote:
there is no one else right?
Hmm No one else besides him comes to mind.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-09-14 at 05:45.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 03:26   Link #327
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:

Judging from the chibi irori, I'm pretty sure it's from the illustrator who did ore no kanojo to osanajimi ga shuraba
Old 2012-09-14, 07:41   Link #328
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

Hmm No one else besides him comes to mind.
i must apologize to Lafyon for forgetting him
Old 2012-09-14, 19:46   Link #329
sky black swordman

Quote:
i must apologize to Lafyon for forgetting him
Layfon? Well he has been to the hospital a few times, I guess.
Old 2012-09-14, 19:46   Link #330
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Come to think of it, this is probably the closest thing to a book I have read beside textbooks since elementary school...

Those who need a quick fix can check out 星刻の竜騎士 (Seikoku no Dragonar). It is supposed to be inspired by KSK. Haven't read it myself yet.

I am a huge sucker for things with stories with a somewhat dark background .

Going to put it somewhere on the queue of things to read.
Old 2012-09-14, 19:55   Link #331
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Come to think of it, this is probably the closest thing to a book I have read beside textbooks since elementary school...

Those who need a quick fix can check out 星刻の竜騎士 (Seikoku no Dragonar). It is supposed to be inspired by KSK. Haven't read it myself yet.

I am a huge sucker for things with stories with a somewhat dark background .

Going to put it somewhere on the queue of things to read.
i'm very sure that manga for that LN already scanslated
Old 2012-09-14, 21:12   Link #332
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Hmm, i got several questions :

1. In Tournament/Night Party, is it allowed for contestants to attack directly on their opponents body instead of their automatons?
2.Is it possible for automatons to disobey or become rampage and attack their own master?
3.Where did automatons obtain their sentience from? Is it soul or some kind of complicated mechanism (e.g. microchips)?
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:43   Link #333
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Hmm, i got several questions :

1. In Tournament/Night Party, is it allowed for contestants to attack directly on their opponents body instead of their automatons?
2.Is it possible for automatons to disobey or become rampage and attack their own master?
3.Where did automatons obtain their sentience from? Is it soul or some kind of complicated mechanism (e.g. microchips)?
1) No, that is why Raishin refused to duel Hinowa. He knows Yaya will attack Hinowa heads on ;D
2) Sort of. Rabbi went berserk and almost killed Frey indirectly no?
However regular automatons require power from their masters, while banned dolls can sustain all my themselves for a little while until they run out of power (This is how Raishin defeated Yaya when they met).
Other than that I believe the master can have absolute control over their automaton if necessary.
I guess it really depends on how the automaton is designed.
3) I am not entirely clear on this detail: maybe someone else can correct me if I am wrong.
There are two main components to an automaton, the magic circuit and eve's heart.
Technically speaking, Eve's Heart is also a magic circuit. It is a unique exception to the rule where two types of magic cannot co-exist (this is a recurring theory).

Eve's Heart is what gives automaton its consciousness, as well as giving it the ability to eat and sweat. Ofc, banned dolls can be more complicated than that (for example Frey's dogs are still dogs). There are also exceptions such as Sigmund whose heart and magic circuit is one body.

More details can be found in vol1 during Kimberley's lecture.
Old 2012-09-14, 21:51   Link #334
Reek of Blood
Banned

Hmm, but i find that fighting with automatons is rather inconvenient.

I mean, automatons tend to fight separately from their master, leaving their master unprotected and vulnerable from every attack. Their enemies should just aim at that spot.
Old 2012-09-14, 21:54   Link #335
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Hmm, but i find that fighting with automatons is rather inconvenient.

I mean, automatons tend to fight separately from their master, leaving their master unprotected and vulnerable from every attack. Their enemies should just aim at that spot.
In the Night Party, that is an expressly forbidden conduct and will result in immediate disqualification.

In an actual war, that is how things go. In fact, Raishin and Loki used that tactic several times in battles outside the Night Party after the events of Volume 2.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:03   Link #336
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
In the Night Party, that is an expressly forbidden conduct and will result in immediate disqualification.

In an actual war, that is how things go. In fact, Raishin and Loki used that tactic several times in battles outside the Night Party after the events of Volume 2.
You have the point. Whether automatons possess incredible magical power or high level toughness, their master are just weak human.

Also, any chance automatons have ability to transform into weapon/armor/shield for their master personal use? Since that way would be more convenient
Old 2012-09-14, 22:07   Link #337
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
You have the point. Whether automatons possess incredible magical power or high level toughness, their master are just weak human.

Also, any chance automatons have ability to transform into weapon/armor/shield for their master personal use? Since that way would be more convenient
Loki's automaton transforms into his sword.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-14, 22:09   Link #338
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Yes - the master is a weakness.

But at the same time, automatons are far stronger than humans and might even be able to stand toe-to-toe to magicians. As they can be controlled they are also obedient. Even an easy to control automaton meant for mass production such as the grom (Frey's dogs) can easily defeat a regular soldier in combat.

Most competent masters and automatons have enough awareness where the automaton would protect its master.

The reason why Yaya is the best suited to protect Raishin out of the three sister is not because of her combat potential: it is because her magic circuit can be used to grant Raishin some of the best physical defenses.

PS: More Irori pls.
//Also, if Frey is not that shy, she should really put her assets to good use.

////I am really worried about Charlotte given the descriptions of vol9
Old 2012-09-14, 22:11   Link #339
Reek of Blood
Banned

Also, for those puppeteers who have more than one automatons. Do you know a puppeteer with most number of automatons in this series? And how strong he is?
Old 2012-09-14, 22:15   Link #340
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Also, for those puppeteers who have more than one automatons. Do you know a puppeteer with most number of automatons in this series? And how strong he is?
Magnus controls an entire squadron of automatons. He is the strongest one out there yet. Raishin (who at this point is the strongest out of all the Night Party candidates so far) is still nowhere near Magnus' level.

Tags
fantasy, harem, kikou shoujo, machine doll, shounen