AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-31, 11:18   Link #261
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
That probably won't even take up 100MB altogether. What you need to worry about is all the voice files.
did they re-do all the sound in clannad ps2? if my memory is correct, the unofficial voice patch is like.. err 1,8 giga in term of file size, so yea.., but unless they did re-do all the sound, then god knows how big the file will be lol
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 11:38   Link #262
Kerigis
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I having some troubles here with my game.
I've been using the SEEN 0.94 unofficial patch for my game.
However, on Nagisa's route, May 2, when she tells about the story of the lonely girl and the screen fades out to play the opening (or at least, that's what I saw in the coding of the SEEN in baka-tsuki), the game freezes.

Is it something with the SEEN or is it something else? I'm playing with the Windows configuration on languages in Japanese for the programs that are not from Unicode (a post here long ago).

I'll morally support the official patch
Kerigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 11:44   Link #263
suzukisayuri
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: kyoto Japan
Age: 25
Everybody has a mentalitily barrier which pretent him/her from being moved easily by the environment effection.And this barrier has been becoming more and more stronger with your age adds.However,clannad has a power which can round this barrier skillfully and hit the softest part of your heart deeply,when you return to the real world,you might found your tears is already full of your eyes.To me,that is the all of the charm of clannad.
I do not afraid of this game which moved so many people in my country can move foreigner or not because of the culture difference.I believe however the difference of our manners and lauguege are obvious but our heart are made of same material.I just afraid of whether kyoAni can express this game`s soul smartly by anime!
suzukisayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 11:54   Link #264
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerigis View Post
I having some troubles here with my game.
I've been using the SEEN 0.94 unofficial patch for my game.
However, on Nagisa's route, May 2, when she tells about the story of the lonely girl and the screen fades out to play the opening (or at least, that's what I saw in the coding of the SEEN in baka-tsuki), the game freezes.

Is it something with the SEEN or is it something else? I'm playing with the Windows configuration on languages in Japanese for the programs that are not from Unicode (a post here long ago).

I'll morally support the official patch
um i try using the unofficial seen to check your problem, but in my case its all normal, maybe its because your codec or something about it that affect video playback, because i often see this kind of problem with video playback in some novel game
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 12:11   Link #265
Kerigis
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
um i try using the unofficial seen to check your problem, but in my case its all normal, maybe its because your codec or something about it that affect video playback, because i often see this kind of problem with video playback in some novel game
Thanks for your help!

But... I already solved it using velocity7's method: changing it to Directshow.

Alright, back to the story.
Kerigis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 16:26   Link #266
Diakos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thanks a lot for the help, just finished unlocking after-story (which has yet to finish translation), so I've got a great weekend ahead trying to find translations for Air n' Kanon.

Very few companies can pull off 100% success rate on games but i guess I've found me another, besides Troika
Diakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 22:26   Link #267
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diakos View Post
Thanks a lot for the help, just finished unlocking after-story (which has yet to finish translation), so I've got a great weekend ahead trying to find translations for Air n' Kanon.

Very few companies can pull off 100% success rate on games but i guess I've found me another, besides Troika
Air and Kanon aren't translated. There is a translation wiki like Clannad for Air, however, this really does not have any active translators at the time. Most of the ones are busy with Clannad. Kanon is in operation by Nondirection translations, but they last updated to say they were in editing in September, so, I cannot say when that's going to come out. There cannot be an unofficial build of this, as it isn't a wiki.

Just to save you some time.


By the way, on topic, I'm realizing that the Clannad game really is epic. When I played One, it felt like the first 1/2 of the game was common for all routes, and the choices you made decided the second 1/2. So, when I skipped lines, it got me about 1/2 way through in 5 minutes (I don't like doing the save method to save time, so I just skip). Here, I completely the Fuuko route and moved onto the Kotomi route. I expected to be skipping like half the game. I get like 1 day in, and it's the start of her route.
10 routes in School Life like this. Granted, 5 of them are shorter in comparison, but still, it's absolutely amazing.

Clannad is epic in every way possible.
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 06:32   Link #268
Diakos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Air and Kanon aren't translated. There is a translation wiki like Clannad for Air, however, this really does not have any active translators at the time. Most of the ones are busy with Clannad. Kanon is in operation by Nondirection translations, but they last updated to say they were in editing in September, so, I cannot say when that's going to come out. There cannot be an unofficial build of this, as it isn't a wiki.

Just to save you some time. .
Sadly I'm quite aware of that, Air being around 40% complete in raw translation and Kanon still being in Pre-beta, so i guess I'm off to find other Visual-Novels of the same or at least close enough quality, I've heard fairly good of Wind.
Sooner or later some company should realize that Japan isn't the only country in the world that likes deep stories, heck maybe even the very creator company's will be releasing dual-language games (that is if they can get past their massive piracy phobia, makes Hollywood look like collectivists in comparison).
Also, sorry about going a bit Off-topic there

Last edited by Diakos; 2008-02-02 at 16:43.
Diakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 22:22   Link #269
bombsaces
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to bombsaces
Not really the best way to start posting here but here it goes.

So I followed the Fuko>Korumra>Nagisa route shown in the walkthrough and managed to get all the lights by "playing" through the afterstory. after doing a quick ctrl from the start of Yoshino's arc I noticed the option that gives you the true ending doesn't appear. I know you need all 13 lights in order for it to appear, but is it possible to get the result with only 12? I lost one of them when I prayed to Fuko, so I want to double check and make sure I didn't mess up something on my end considering about 75% of the After Story is still untranslated.
bombsaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 22:24   Link #270
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombsaces View Post
Not really the best way to start posting here but here it goes.

So I followed the Fuko>Korumra>Nagisa route shown in the walkthrough and managed to get all the lights by "playing" through the afterstory. after doing a quick ctrl from the start of Yoshino's arc I noticed the option that gives you the true ending doesn't appear. I know you need all 13 lights in order for it to appear, but is it possible to get the result with only 12? I lost one of them when I prayed to Fuko, so I want to double check and make sure I didn't mess up something on my end considering about 75% of the After Story is still untranslated.
There are 14 lights in the game, being the 8 in the story, and 6 in the after story. You lose one for saving Fuuko. So, you need 13 for it to appear, as that would be all the routes completed.
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 22:55   Link #271
mandarb916
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombsaces View Post
Not really the best way to start posting here but here it goes.

So I followed the Fuko>Korumra>Nagisa route shown in the walkthrough and managed to get all the lights by "playing" through the afterstory. after doing a quick ctrl from the start of Yoshino's arc I noticed the option that gives you the true ending doesn't appear. I know you need all 13 lights in order for it to appear, but is it possible to get the result with only 12? I lost one of them when I prayed to Fuko, so I want to double check and make sure I didn't mess up something on my end considering about 75% of the After Story is still untranslated.
You can get orbs from the following character arcs:

Kyou
Kappei
Kotomi
Tomoyo
Yukine
Sunohara siblings (only 1)
Koumura
Misae

In the after story pass #1 you can get:
Sanae*
Yoshino*
Naoyuki
Kouko/Fuuko (if you did Fuuko true end in the regular arc)
Kouko
*If you don't have a flag for them in the AS, you will not get an orb from either of them

After story pass #2 you can get:
Akio

That's all 13
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 07:20   Link #272
bombsaces
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to bombsaces
Ok I see that I haven't gotten Akiho's light yet, thanks.
bombsaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 20:24   Link #273
Smelly_Goomba
Okay.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Do I get an orb of light every time I finish a route?

I finished Misae's route first and it didn't show any indication of me getting the orb of light or not.
__________________
Smelly_Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 20:25   Link #274
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
While most orbs are gotten after finishing a route, it is not the case for everyone. Misae's for example is one of the exceptions to the rule

After you finish misae's route get to Tomoyo's during the school festival. You might find something interesting in there.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 20:34   Link #275
Smelly_Goomba
Okay.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Fast reply!

Awesome, thank you very much.

(Spoilers? Is it just me or did Tomoya "sleep" with Misae at the end of the route?
__________________

Last edited by Smelly_Goomba; 2008-02-03 at 21:12.
Smelly_Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 11:16   Link #276
TomoyoSakagami
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to TomoyoSakagami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly_Goomba View Post
Fast reply!

Awesome, thank you very much.

(Spoilers? Is it just me or did Tomoya "sleep" with Misae at the end of the route?
Yeah, I was thinking about that, what the hell happened. Though it seems they just fell asleep. But who knows what they did =P (j/k).
__________________
TomoyoSakagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 19:48   Link #277
Mariner231
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Wait where can I find the unofficial translation patch for Clannad?

I tried the SEEN files from Baka-Tsuki, but I have no idead what to do with them.
Mariner231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 19:54   Link #278
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner231 View Post
Wait where can I find the unofficial translation patch for Clannad?

I tried the SEEN files from Baka-Tsuki, but I have no idead what to do with them.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=175
__________________
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 20:29   Link #279
Mariner231
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Have it, no idea what to do with it.

Where am I supposed to put the file to make the game Clannad work?

Last edited by Mariner231; 2008-02-07 at 01:07.
Mariner231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 09:43   Link #280
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner231 View Post
Have it, no idea what to do with it.

Where am I supposed to put the file to make the game Clannad work?
Well if you got the SEEN from Animesuki, just copy it over the SEEN.txt in the Clannad folder and it should work.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.