AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-23, 05:16   Link #641
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
how many afterstories are there in clannad? and are they obtainable after completing a route or you have to get these "lights" i've read about to continue. or rather what are the lights for. just thinking since i finally got the game and finished the kyou route (good end). i have more concerning questions but those will do for now.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2008-10-23 at 05:26.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 05:50   Link #642
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
how many afterstories are there in clannad? and are they obtainable after completing a route or you have to get these "lights" i've read about to continue. or rather what are the lights for. just thinking since i finally got the game and finished the kyou route (good end). i have more concerning questions but those will do for now.
Under AS there is only 1 real main story, a slight offbranching for a side story that sort of abruptly ends the AS, while all other substories happen during a normal course of play.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 06:03   Link #643
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Quote:
what are the lights for
For opening AS part and True Ending.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 23:07   Link #644
wackedfoo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
wow, after about 1 and a half years, i've finally finished clannad lol. (no, i'm not a slow reader. it was mostly a combination of lack of motivation to play at times, sometimes playing for only 5 minutes at a time, and taking a break and playing kagetsu tohya instead, which is also insanely long). all i can say after seeing the true end is that...i'm so happy ;_;

i am kinda glad i'm finally done with it though just because it's been such a long time. i can finally move on to something different, like heaven's feel. still, it was an amazing journey. i already considered it my favorite VN before getting to after story, and now it just solidifies that fact.

i'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a translation for the very final scene involving fuuko in the epilogue?

i still haven't gone through every basketball partner though, so maybe i'll return to this game someday
wackedfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 23:45   Link #645
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Search in this topic, someone already translated it.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 00:01   Link #646
wackedfoo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
^hm, first page i randomly clicked on, i found it. guess i should have done that first haha.
wackedfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:09   Link #647
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 24
I can't find that page. Which one was it?
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:50   Link #648
wackedfoo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
^23 and 24. i don't think i saw the misae one though if someone posted it...
wackedfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:47   Link #649
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
So today, I finally finished playing the After Story after deciding that I was too impatient to wait for the anime xD

It was really touching indeed and I'm proud that I finished everything without using the guide (well, the After Story's pretty straightforward). But what suprised me is that I barely cried at all. I was expecting a real baaw fest and as touching as everything was, the only thing that really teared me was Nagisa's graduation.

Spoiler for BIG Spoiler just in case:


Overall, I loved it indeed <3
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:54   Link #650
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Personally my top bawing scene was

Spoiler for After story spoiler:



In any case you might be interested into reading CLANNAD: Another story, which has some short stories that further explores some character routes, one of them delves on events after the true ending.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:11   Link #651
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Ack, how did I forget to mention that!
That part was what made me just cry! The only part in the After Story to make me cry. Especially
Spoiler for Train Ride:
'

And thanks! I've been wanting to read that for a while and didnt know there was a translation for it.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 07:31   Link #652
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Yeah I agree.

Spoiler for Spoilers:


Crap where's that box of kleenex.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 01:24   Link #653
wackedfoo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
so i've been following the walkthrough to recruit ryou for the basketball game but the "please join us" option never comes up and it just goes to the option to choose which building to search. does this scenario not exist?
wackedfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:50   Link #654
RandomFlameStrike
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
To get Ryou you need to "not recruit" some players. Since Ryou is one of the cheer leaders and having her on your team means you lose.

... wait that's baseball!

Um for basket ball I think it shouldn't be too hard? Did you get Ryou flags before the event?
__________________
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1610/tomoyoop4.jpg
RandomFlameStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 04:24   Link #655
wackedfoo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
^not sure...i think so? i think i'm loading from the start of the basketball part on nagisa's path so yeah.

well it's not a big deal if i don't get it. i'm pretty much through with this game lol.
wackedfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 01:16   Link #656
jergarmar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
WMB's: Weapons of Mass Bawling

Okay, seriously, WHAT THE HECK?

I had never even heard of "visual novels" a week ago. I'm also not a huge anime/manga fan, except for a few older series/movies that I like a lot, such as "Maison Ikkoku" or "Nausicaa". (I'm deliberately setting up a scenario here -- please pardon me). I somehow heard of Clannad and watched a couple of episodes, and was interested to see the source material, which I assumed was manga. I also thought the ending dango song was endearing in the EXTREME. (Should I point out that I'm a guy? Is that necessary?)

Visual novel? What's that? A little digging and I realized that one of my favorite games was basically a visual novel: Phoenix Wright. Oh, I read that Clannad is spoken of highly and is non-H. Okay, I'm officially intrigued now, so I get a copy and the virtually-complete english translation for it. Menus in japanese, but they're not hard to figure out. (With what I've said so far, can you imagine what the effect would have on me?).

I feel like there should have been a warning. In bold letters. I'll suggest one. "THIS MAY CAUSE EXTREME EMOTIONAL DISTRESS". I've only gotten through 3 storylines, but I'm a complete wreck. I feel like I haven't gotten any "antibodies" or something to this kind of storytelling; the stories are just destroying me. After I finished Kotomi I was just spent, exhausted. "I must have picked lucky", I thought. I just now finished Tomoyo and I'm beginning to feel a little scared of this game. Even with an english translation that has some "rough edges" I'm oscillating between laughing hysterically and CRYING hysterically. So I guess overall I'm just hysterical. I'm at the game's mercy.

I registered in AnimeSuki and navigated to this thread just to get all this off my chest, so this is my first post, also. Hajimemashite. What have they unleashed upon an unsuspecting world? How many people in the US would ever see something like this? Why does this "art form" exists at all? It just seems like such an unusual place to find this level of storytelling. Is this game just "Super Effective" against solitary individuals such as myself? I have a bad feeling that there's a bunch of other "visual novels" that are out there, just waiting their turn to have their way with me.

Soooo.... did I mention I like it so far? I LIKE IT. I feel like I just made a "confession"... to a video game (or rather, the bastard offspring of a manga and a choose-your-own-adventure novel, bred in an electronic womb).
jergarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 01:25   Link #657
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarmar View Post
Okay, seriously, WHAT THE HECK?

I had never even heard of "visual novels" a week ago. I'm also not a huge anime/manga fan, except for a few older series/movies that I like a lot, such as "Maison Ikkoku" or "Nausicaa". (I'm deliberately setting up a scenario here -- please pardon me). I somehow heard of Clannad and watched a couple of episodes, and was interested to see the source material, which I assumed was manga. I also thought the ending dango song was endearing in the EXTREME. (Should I point out that I'm a guy? Is that necessary?)

Visual novel? What's that? A little digging and I realized that one of my favorite games was basically a visual novel: Phoenix Wright. Oh, I read that Clannad is spoken of highly and is non-H. Okay, I'm officially intrigued now, so I get a copy and the virtually-complete english translation for it. Menus in japanese, but they're not hard to figure out. (With what I've said so far, can you imagine what the effect would have on me?).

I feel like there should have been a warning. In bold letters. I'll suggest one. "THIS MAY CAUSE EXTREME EMOTIONAL DISTRESS". I've only gotten through 3 storylines, but I'm a complete wreck. I feel like I haven't gotten any "antibodies" or something to this kind of storytelling; the stories are just destroying me. After I finished Kotomi I was just spent, exhausted. "I must have picked lucky", I thought. I just now finished Tomoyo and I'm beginning to feel a little scared of this game. Even with an english translation that has some "rough edges" I'm oscillating between laughing hysterically and CRYING hysterically. So I guess overall I'm just hysterical. I'm at the game's mercy.

I registered in AnimeSuki and navigated to this thread just to get all this off my chest, so this is my first post, also. Hajimemashite. What have they unleashed upon an unsuspecting world? How many people in the US would ever see something like this? Why does this "art form" exists at all? It just seems like such an unusual place to find this level of storytelling. Is this game just "Super Effective" against solitary individuals such as myself? I have a bad feeling that there's a bunch of other "visual novels" that are out there, just waiting their turn to have their way with me.

Soooo.... did I mention I like it so far? I LIKE IT. I feel like I just made a "confession"... to a video game (or rather, the bastard offspring of a manga and a choose-your-own-adventure novel, bred in an electronic womb).
Welcome to the fold, sir.

I've been playing VN's for the better part of 6 years, and it seems the true gems out there are the ones that don't need sex as a selling point.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 01:29   Link #658
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Although even many of those that DO have sex as a selling point are pretty damn good in their own right.

Not because of the sex, if that's what you were thinking.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 01:44   Link #659
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Although even many of those that DO have sex as a selling point are pretty damn good in their own right.

Not because of the sex, if that's what you were thinking.
Yume Miru Kusuri, good sir.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 02:16   Link #660
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Need to play that.

Am playing Fate/Stay Night right now...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.