AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-26, 04:17   Link #141
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Fuko's story...it's got one of the three most touching scene, so there's no wonder. And I think the pranks in the beginning is to make up for the tears in the end to balance it.

Same here. I was quite upset with the Tomoyo route. Maybe it's that part of that makes me dislike Tomoyo? Actually not, but it does contribute.

Then pay attention daily then. One part per day. Today's on Kotomi.
Don't you think ending everything like that in Yukine's route is very beautiful? Yukine...she's a side character unlike Tomoyo, Kyou and Fuko. (and she wasn't supposed to be!)
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 09:56   Link #142
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonichi View Post
Spoiler for On Tomoyo's route:
Do you mean that Tomoyo was more aggressive the second time you played her route? Or are you saying you noticed that Tomoyo as being the proactive one in her relationship with Tomoya?

Tomoyo was always the one wearing the pants in their relationship, whether it be dragging Tomoya to class, or dropping in on them during lunch session. I think she started become proactive after the 18th (well, technically starting on the 21st). Unfortunately, so far the anime seems to be missing several key flags that suggest we'll be taking her route ><

If there's anything that struck me in Tomoyo's route, it's the whole issue of what males and females think. Typically/traditionally, it seems that males are portrayed in a way such they they are inclined to think about the entire situation, and come to a conclusion that might be objectively suitable. Unfortunately, this "objective" thinking often results in the hurting of the female's feelings.

Spoiler for Tomoyo route:

Guess I went off on another tangent... gomen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonichi View Post
Spoiler for On Yukine's route:

Am I the only one waiting for Yukine to say "Ahaha~" when she laugh?

My Japanese/Chinese knowledge is fairy limited so don't think I'll be much help, sorry. :/
I got Sayuri vibes the first moment I saw Yukine also... especially the relaxed demeanor and probably her glazed eyes...

Yukine's route wasn't as dramatic as most of the other routes, and so I suppose the writers wanted to give an ending that was as laid-back / relaxed as the entire story route. Besides, Sunohara and Yu were there also, so I suppose Yukine would be too embarassed to sleep on Tomoya before they left

Ch.10 of the 'another stories' on dengeki G gives a pretty good 'epilogue' for Yukine's route... you could think of it as an addition.

(As a bonus, you get to see Yukine performing the spells/curses mentioned on the 23/24 )
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 13:52   Link #143
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I have a question concerning the game's OP sequence.

Now I'm sure everyone would know that the OP sequence is only viewable in Nagisa's route, on the end of May 2nd, to be specific.

Well, I got to that point in the game. Once the screen faded black at the end of the last scene, the OP sequence is supposed to begin playing, but somehow all I get is a blank screen with a funnel cursor, after a few seconds, I was taken straight to "Illusionary World VII" and "May 3rd" without even viewing the OP.

I accessed the MPEG file directly from the folder and it played fine on Quicktime, so I don't know why the OP movie can't load in the game.

Anyone got this problem?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 14:38   Link #144
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I have a question concerning the game's OP sequence.

Now I'm sure everyone would know that the OP sequence is only viewable in Nagisa's route, on the end of May 2nd, to be specific.

Well, I got to that point in the game. Once the screen faded black at the end of the last scene, the OP sequence is supposed to begin playing, but somehow all I get is a blank screen with a funnel cursor, after a few seconds, I was taken straight to "Illusionary World VII" and "May 3rd" without even viewing the OP.

I accessed the MPEG file directly from the folder and it played fine on Quicktime, so I don't know why the OP movie can't load in the game.

Anyone got this problem?
I'm assuming that you didn't click anything while the video was playing

Oh, and did the file work on something like MPC when you're disconnected from the internet? (I don't think it matters, but just to rule out the downloaded codec issue)

I'm not 100% sure, but sometime conflicting codec pack would cause that happen (or it could be a bad codec)... where the file works outside of a game but not inside.

I once installed a codec pack that killed all embedded .avi .mpg files embedded.

You might want to try uninstalling your codec packs, then installing something like

(Of course I'm just speculating... has this problem happened to any other programs / games? (e.g. tomoyo after? shuffle? etc.)

If it's not that problem, it could be your gameexe.ini

For my gameexe.ini, the related line is as follows.

#FOLDNAME.MOV = "MOV" = 0 : "MOV.PAK"

FYI, the file inside the \CLANNAD\MOV\ is "op00.mpg" (86,810KB)

oh BTW... I read that sometime versions of the seen.txt will cause a hang similar to this as well... you might want to look into that as well...

PM me if you want a certain seen.txt file, I'll see if I have it.
Old 2007-10-30, 14:42   Link #145
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Just right click on the movie file, go to properties and set it to be played with Windows Media Player. That solved the problem for me.
Old 2007-10-30, 22:59   Link #146
Kyonichi

Quote:
Then pay attention daily then. One part per day. Today's on Kotomi.
Don't you think ending everything like that in Yukine's route is very beautiful? Yukine...she's a side character unlike Tomoyo, Kyou and Fuko. (and she wasn't supposed to be!)
Thanks for the translation.
Everything in Yukine's route is beautiful.. until the ending but thats just my opinion, guess I will probably go through her route again once or twice and think about it. Her route does looks like she is one of the heroine, shame she isn't.

Quote:
Do you mean that Tomoyo was more aggressive the second time you played her route? Or are you saying you noticed that Tomoyo as being the proactive one in her relationship with Tomoya?

Tomoyo was always the one wearing the pants in their relationship, whether it be dragging Tomoya to class, or dropping in on them during lunch session. I think she started become proactive after the 18th (well, technically starting on the 21st). Unfortunately, so far the anime seems to be missing several key flags that suggest we'll be taking her route ><
Noticed that Tomoya being proactive one in the relationship. There are seriously lack of this type of girl in real life as well as girl who ran you over with a bike.

They are going through Fuko's route at the moment so it's unsurprising that some part of Tomoya's route being left out. My guess is that they might go over Kotomi's route after Fuko then Kyou or the other way around.
Kyonichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 12:11   Link #147
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
I'm assuming that you didn't click anything while the video was playing

Oh, and did the file work on something like MPC when you're disconnected from the internet? (I don't think it matters, but just to rule out the downloaded codec issue)

I'm not 100% sure, but sometime conflicting codec pack would cause that happen (or it could be a bad codec)... where the file works outside of a game but not inside.

I once installed a codec pack that killed all embedded .avi .mpg files embedded.

You might want to try uninstalling your codec packs, then installing something like

(Of course I'm just speculating... has this problem happened to any other programs / games? (e.g. tomoyo after? shuffle? etc.)

If it's not that problem, it could be your gameexe.ini

For my gameexe.ini, the related line is as follows.

#FOLDNAME.MOV = "MOV" = 0 : "MOV.PAK"

FYI, the file inside the \CLANNAD\MOV\ is "op00.mpg" (86,810KB)

oh BTW... I read that sometime versions of the seen.txt will cause a hang similar to this as well... you might want to look into that as well...

PM me if you want a certain seen.txt file, I'll see if I have it.
I certainly did not click on anything. I currently have the latest CCCP pack for my codecs, so I have absolutely no idea which codec the video is clashing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Just right click on the movie file, go to properties and set it to be played with Windows Media Player. That solved the problem for me.
Nope, doesn't work for me. Besides, all mpeg4 videos are set to play in WMP by default in my PC. It only plays with sound when I try to play it directly in WMP or WM Classic, and that is after a very long lag.

I've also tried setting default to Quicktime, and it still won't play in-game for me. No problem playing it directly from QT though.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 02:01   Link #148
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Nope, doesn't work for me. Besides, all mpeg4 videos are set to play in WMP by default in my PC. It only plays with sound when I try to play it directly in WMP or WM Classic, and that is after a very long lag.

I've also tried setting default to Quicktime, and it still won't play in-game for me. No problem playing it directly from QT though.

So there's probably something with the video decoder setting.

You might want to return to default your cccp settings, and maybe disable the haali support?

Or alternatively, you could uninstall the cccp, and see if it works... (mpg should work by default windows installed codec IIRC)

Check the CCCP forums to see if they mention your problem.

Worse case scenario, reach that part, open QT and watch the video.
Old 2007-11-05, 03:27   Link #149
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hey, I've got a question for all you game vets: In Fuko's route in the game, was Nagisa as proactive about helping her out as she was in episode 5 of the anime? Or was it mostly Tomoya's initiative in the game?

Thanks.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 03:57   Link #150
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Hey, I've got a question for all you game vets: In Fuko's route in the game, was Nagisa as proactive about helping her out as she was in episode 5 of the anime? Or was it mostly Tomoya's initiative in the game?

Thanks.
It's been so long since I played Fuko's route(my first route, I actually completed her route without a walkthrough), but I'm sure Nagisa took Tomoya's route--Fuko only took shelter Nagisa's house in a very late part of the story.
Old 2007-12-29, 02:31   Link #151
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

For those hanging out for a legit version of the game with full voice on the PC, your prayers have been answered! Starting on February 29 in the new year (2008, for those a bit slow...), Key will be releasing the game on PC with FULL VOICE!

Source: http://www.i-love-key.net/archives/2...ull_voice.html
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:35   Link #152
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

lols wow this comes out after i buy the clannad game Im so sad now x.x
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:49   Link #153
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
For those hanging out for a legit version of the game with full voice on the PC, your prayers have been answered! Starting on February 29 in the new year (2008, for those a bit slow...), Key will be releasing the game on PC with FULL VOICE!

Source: http://www.i-love-key.net/archives/2...ull_voice.html
Hmmm. Would Baka-Tsuki's upcoming patch work on this, I wonder?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 02:53   Link #154
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Im hope they do or else 100 bucks down the drain for me TT
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:00   Link #155
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
That's all stuff that'll be determined when they turn the text from the Wiki into the patch. Assuming there aren't any drastic changes in the lines (new ones, reworded ones, etc.), I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release a patch for the voiced version too.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 03:10   Link #156
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
That's all stuff that'll be determined when they turn the text from the Wiki into the patch. Assuming there aren't any drastic changes in the lines (new ones, reworded ones, etc.), I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release a patch for the voiced version too.
One of the problems that they may encounter is that the version of RealLive used to compile the SEENs might be different. That or the script has changed with any new additions or removals which may occur in the new release, as you have mentioned.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 17:53   Link #157
Tsudaro
Lord of the Zimmerwanks

Send a message via MSN to Tsudaro
I had though that was weird too at first,
Spoiler for game spoiler. read at own spoiling risk. did I mention the spoilage? Spoil!:
. I did that, though it was pretty hard without a playing guide. But the playing guide's probably in this thread. But I say only use the playing guide if you've failed to get an orb of light in a route several times.

Last edited by Tsudaro; 2007-12-29 at 22:15.
Tsudaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 20:27   Link #158
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Game spoilers. Head to the game discussion thread instead please, this thread is for anime related questions.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 20:59   Link #159
GyroidFanatic

From the first post:
Quote:
This thread is for those of you with questions about the Clannad anime, game or manga.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 21:01   Link #160
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Then I would like to politely request for game spoiler tags, if the original poster doesn't mind. And I humbly apologize for the rudeness in my previous post, but I get a little frantic where spoilers are involved
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360