AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 03:54   Link #401
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
And just like that, I get the most insane nosebleed since quite some time.

Coincidence? I think not.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:35   Link #402
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

An unaired 13th episode of Inu x Boku SS has been announced to be included in the 7th BD/DVD volume. It seems to be based on an original scenario short story by the author and features a new character. Also, a popular pair of twins character Souko from the manga will be making their appearance in that ep.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2012-03-19 at 17:31. Reason: mistake
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:54   Link #403
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
An unaired 13th episode of Inu x Boku SS has been announced to be included in the 7th BD/DVD volume. It seems to be based on an original scenario short story by the author and features a new character. Also, a popular pair of twins from the manga will be making their appearance in that ep.
Not twins. I was confused for a second since I don't remember any twins from the manga. That's not "futago" but rather "Souko", the name of the character.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:02   Link #404
chaos_animagic

PEKING DUCK

LOL... Roromiya sound so cute saying that...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:02   Link #405
Bern-san

So Souko is going to appear? Well if the author has collaborated on it then let's see it. A shame that we will have to wait until the DVD release to see her.

I was waiting for the little fight between Kagerou and Miketsukami (especially the dialog they have when Ririchiyo appears). And I am also one of those people who enjoy Kagerou's SM classification

On another note, if you enjoy this then you should read Ojousama to Youkai Shitsuji (it is a manga volume of 4 oneshots and the first one is called like that).It is like a prototype version of InuBoku:
Spoiler for :

And the second oneshot called Yamada is also quite funny (I couldn't stop laughing with the Yamada guy)
Old 2012-03-19, 17:34   Link #406
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Not twins. I was confused for a second since I don't remember any twins from the manga. That's not "futago" but rather "Souko", the name of the character.
Thanks, corrected >_<. (Non-reader) I saw the notes in the picture mention a brother + Souko's name made me misinterpret it as twins. Now that I think about it that's most likely the original character.
Old 2012-03-20, 18:27   Link #407
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

unaired ep with 7th release
Old 2012-03-22, 12:28   Link #408
Miraluka
18 forever

Soushi, you slut man!

Kagerou looked very nice on this episode .

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:29   Link #409
Bern-san

I liked this episode more in the anime than in the manga (seiyuus and music were the main reason).

I've always found little Kagerou kind of cute And didn't imagine that Kagerou's mother would have that hair color (I kind of expected her to be blond).

My complaint is...
Spoiler for space:

Soo they are going to stop at chapter 10 (next episode seem to be 9 and 10), yay more Sorinozuka!
Old 2012-03-22, 15:18   Link #410
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I liked this episode more in the anime than in the manga (seiyuus and music were the main reason).
Totally agree with you
Old 2012-03-22, 15:35   Link #411
ookamigirl

Fox boy's sad past...
He really is the type that desperately needs to know love.
Real love, real friends, something that would open his oh so closed heart.
Something that would make him stop pretending & giving off fake smiles.
Guess that's where Ririchiyo comes in.
Well, they are very alike... Riri & fox boy.
With the whole letters thing out of the bag... (#^-^#) I hope those two will admit their mutual feelings to each other.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 16:31   Link #412
00Coyote

They handled the pacing of this episode almost flawlessly...

Spoiler for but:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 16:33   Link #413
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh ho? Good news....

Interesting too that the eps seem to be targeting around manga chapter 10 or so as the "end point". Not that I mind.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:12   Link #414
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting hearing Shinohara Emi - "Sailor Jupiter" herself - as Ayame there.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 17:14   Link #415
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Interesting hearing Shinohara Emi - "Sailor Jupiter" herself - as Ayame there.

I TOTALLY missed that!
Old 2012-03-22, 18:36   Link #416
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Was a good episode that gave much needed development to Soushi; poor guy had to train to be a gigolo basically. But yea, while the "we're the same" thing was cliche it did strike a chord here and there, as both of them realize the mask they've been putting on, and those letters depict another reality where they were talking to each others honestly as equals.

And Kagerou was trolling. Typical him. Does that make all trolls Ss?
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:16   Link #417
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

It was quite nice to have an episode that was mostly done through Soushi's viewpoint. Yes, Soushi and Ririchiyo are far more alike than they knew. I can't really blame him for being so manipulative and so unaware of his own emotions until Riri made him aware of his own feelings. As annoying as Kagerou is, his family at least treated Soushi better than Soushi's family ever did. Even so, Kagerou can be decent for a moment at least and help Soushi indirectly by revealing that Soushi was the letter author(you'd think if she knew that Kage wasn't the author, she would put 2 and 2 together and deduce that it was Soushi), and he did apologize to Ririchiyo.

It was nice there at the end where Ririchiyo and Soushi finally have that out there in the open and they can start to be a couple. They could have faded the OP for a little longer to let the moment between the two linger as someone else said. That would have been better. The music in this episode was really good though and Ririchiyo's seiyuu hit it out of the park(as did Soushi's)

Looking forward to the last episode next week(I really hope that when Sentai releases this show, we also get that 13th episode.)
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 22:03   Link #418
Dr. Casey

I agree with Coyote, but this episode was so wonderful that it could have ended with Ririchiyo farting after Soushi hugs her and it wouldn't have changed my overall opinion of it one bit. Beautiful backstory, this has to be one of my top anime episodes ever. I wish that I could read the letters Ririchiyo and Miketsukami sent each other; I always find diaries and letters and such to be very tantalizing in fiction. (I wanted to read Nanaka's letters to Sana in Myself;Yourself, Beanman's 40 year diary about Kissuiso, etc etc.)
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:23   Link #419
Raiga
tl;dr

André Gagnon's Comme au premier Jour was mentioned this episode (it also featured prominently in the soundtrack). It is indeed quite the beautiful piece.

Could not have asked for better from this episode. Loved it.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:55   Link #420
Echoes

"What a boring guy", says Kagerou about Soushi.

And up until this episode, I was in complete agreement with him.

This episode was splendid, and breathed new life into the series. From beginning to end it was captivating, and it elevated a series that has in my view thus far been good, but never great. The way Ririchiyo was reading her letters out loud in the "narration" was particularly beautiful. Breath-taking performance by the voice actress.

Though I understand from a narrative perspective why this information was kept secret for so long, it did make Soushi (in my opinion) a painfully dull character up until this point. I think I would enjoy this series more on a rewatch, keeping his upbringing and motivation in mind during the earlier episodes.

The ending was very well handled, and the embrace was very cute. I genuinely felt happy for them, especially Ririchiyo, I hope she's able to open up a bit more now.

Tags
romance, shounen