AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-16, 09:17   Link #1441
foxbox360
New Age Badass

This season theme is change right, I guess next week finale will bring a big change for everybody. I believe a long time character will die, like Tenzen, that definitely change Korra and help her mature faster as the Avatar. I bet you Book four will be called Avatar.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 20:20   Link #1442
mangakid95
CCG's Reaper

I don't think Tenzin will die just like that. He is the last airbending master in the world. He'll at least certify another airbending master before passing. In that regard, he has some plot armor. He's literally the only one who can legitimately revive the air nation both physically & culturally.
Suppose there is an evil that justice cannot bring down. What would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil? - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 20:41   Link #1443
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I don't think Tenzin will die just like that. He is the last airbending master in the world. He'll at least certify another airbending master before passing. In that regard, he has some plot armor. He's literally the only one who can legitimately revive the air nation both physically & culturally.
Actually Jenora can aswell...and this season has been shifting to Jenora taking on a grown up role so it does fit with the theme. Tenzin has also been portrayed as somewhat of a relic incompatible with the new recruits of the air nation. It definitely wouldn't be out of left field if he does end up dying
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 20:45   Link #1444
mangakid95
CCG's Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Actually Jenora can aswell...and this season has been shifting to Jenora taking on a grown up role so it does fit with the theme. Tenzin has also been portrayed as somewhat of a relic incompatible with the new recruits of the air nation. It definitely wouldn't be out of left field if he does end up dying
I also took Jenora into account when I thought about Tenzin dying or not. Nah, I don't think she'll be made to shoulder that kind of burden just yet. She is still a kid. She should have a bit of an individual life before deciding to devote herself to restoring the air nation.
Suppose there is an evil that justice cannot bring down. What would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil? - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-08-16, 21:38   Link #1445
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Okay, have Aang's children ever won a fight? Couldn't they have at least let Tenzin knock Zaheer out cold and THEN get ganged up on and lose? It's an airbending master against a newbie, yeah the newbie already had some martial art skills beforehand, but Tenzin should be the greatest airbender alive, son of and directly trained by the previous avatar, and he never wins a single battle in this show. Kya is equally useless, especially seeing as how powerful Katara was at such a young age, and Aang being the Avatar he also knew waterbending. Yeah, them winning in this situation would screw with the plot, but it's a little hard to swallow that Aang's children are just so... mediocre.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 21:46   Link #1446
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Jeez, Tenzin dies?
Old 2014-08-16, 21:55   Link #1447
mangakid95
CCG's Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Okay, have Aang's children ever won a fight? Couldn't they have at least let Tenzin knock Zaheer out cold and THEN get ganged up on and lose? It's an airbending master against a newbie, yeah the newbie already had some martial art skills beforehand, but Tenzin should be the greatest airbender alive, son of and directly trained by the previous avatar, and he never wins a single battle in this show. Kya is equally useless, especially seeing as how powerful Katara was at such a young age, and Aang being the Avatar he also knew waterbending. Yeah, them winning in this situation would screw with the plot, but it's a little hard to swallow that Aang's children are just so... mediocre.
To be fair, the red lotus have been hyped as being strong enough individually to take down any bender & as a group, should be so called "unbeatable". So, we can't really blame Kya for getter her ass handed to her. Bumi's a novice, so his loss is understood & Tenzin was actually winning until he got gang banged.

Also, its not that Tenzin always loses, but he's always put to fight against characters that are reserved for the MC to defeat. I'm pretty sure he can take on most benders that don't have a major role in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Jeez, Tenzin dies?
Dude, Ikr? That's the cliffhanger everyone's waiting to know the answer to. If the Earth queen didn't die the episode before, I wouldn't be so hung up over this cliffhanger, but because she actually died, I'm so anticipating Tenzin's fate...
Old 2014-08-16, 22:19   Link #1448
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
To be fair, the red lotus have been hyped as being strong enough individually to take down any bender & as a group, should be so called "unbeatable". So, we can't really blame Kya for getter her ass handed to her. Bumi's a novice, so his loss is understood & Tenzin was actually winning until he got gang banged.

Also, its not that Tenzin always loses, but he's always put to fight against characters that are reserved for the MC to defeat. I'm pretty sure he can take on most benders that don't have a major role in this series.

Dude, Ikr? That's the cliffhanger everyone's waiting to know the answer to. If the Earth queen didn't die the episode before, I wouldn't be so hung up over this cliffhanger, but because she actually died, I'm so anticipating Tenzin's fate...
No denying they made it obvious that Tenzin was superior to Zaheer, but it was like... a pretty minor level of superiority. I would have been much happier if Zaheer had put up a bit of a fight due to his skillz, but Tenzin quickly knocks him out, but then Tenzin gets ganged up on. Same result, makes Tenzin seem a lot cooler. He has never really had a single battle where he proves himself as Aang's son and the Airbending master of the world. Considering they went to great lengths showing he DOESN'T have any spiritual connection last season... it's just pretty unfair to his character that he doesn't seem to ever have even a minor victory at any moment in the series.

Then there's Kya and Bumi... who must have been adopted because they're a step below Tenzin to like, barely above cannon-fodder levels, not sure how Katara and Aang produced that. I know Bumi's comic relief, but I was kind of hoping when he got magma dude in a headlock he was going to pull out some military training non-bending fighting techniques, but no, should have known better...
Old 2014-08-18, 06:12   Link #1449
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That episode was awesome. Tenzin showing the world that he actually IS an airbending master.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 16:30   Link #1450
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That episode was awesome. Tenzin showing the world that he actually IS an airbending master.
Yeah, just like you'd expect from a master, a minor advantage over someone who just picked up the craft a few weeks ago.
Old 2014-08-19, 17:33   Link #1451
the one above all

Quote:
Yeah, just like you'd expect from a master, a minor advantage over someone who just picked up the craft a few weeks ago.
Before becoming an airbender Zaheer studied them to the point that he pretty much knew all their techniques and was able to effortlessly use most of them once he became an airbender. Not to mention during that fight Tenzin had the advantage for most of that fight and Zaheer was just getting pushed back for most of it. Zaheer only came out on top because all the other members of the Red lotus came to help him.
Old 2014-08-20, 02:34   Link #1452
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I don't know which episode you saw, but in mine he was putting the pressure on a monster, holding his own against three monsters and only went down once the fourth one started helping.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 04:42   Link #1453
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't know which episode you saw, but in mine he was putting the pressure on a monster, holding his own against three monsters and only went down once the fourth one started helping.
Couldn't agree more. There MUST be an alternate version out there somewhere cause I didn't see anything besides Tenzin cleaning house until it was 3 vs. 1, and even then you could argue that the RL was only equal to him. When it takes 4 of the most skilled/feared benders in the world to take him down, he deserves his Master title.

Honestly, what did people expect him to do? Air isn't the most offensive element out there. Heck, it's the least by a damn mile. You don't get a quick KO with airbending unless you knock the person off a cliff, and we already saw how well that worked. You can't trap them as you would with ice and earth. Were people hoping he had some secret master level airbending skill that he only uses in dire situations? Last time I checked the only "win button" that exists in the Avatar world is the Avatar State and I'm pretty sure Tenzin doesn't have one of those.
Old 2014-08-22, 05:50   Link #1454
Vegard Aune

So I just saw the finale of Book 3.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-22, 07:15   Link #1455
CatRules
Shipper

Jenora is definitely Ang's grandkid.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-08-22, 07:27   Link #1456
mangakid95
CCG's Reaper

Now that's what I call a finale.

Its no exaggeration to say that those are some of the best fighting scenes I've ever seen in the avatar series. All of them were choreographed fluidly & really showed off everyone's good sides.

Spoiler for Finale:
Old 2014-08-22, 07:51   Link #1457
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The Finale is amazing and they don't pull no punches ether. The villain's death are so not for kids especially how the combustion woman got taken out along with the arm less chick by lightning, which Mako should of use from the start. The final fight is so DBZ even though Zaheer can fly is pretty cheap, is it me or all the villain's in Korra and Avatar get the cool bending.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 08:02   Link #1458
Vegard Aune

Well, Zaheer flying didn't come entirely out of nowhere; He did mention that the airbender-monk whom he was clearly so heavily inspired by had gone several years without touching the ground, establishing that it was possible.

And yeah, those were some rather gruesome deaths. Indeed it would seem that maybe it was not bad ratings or general Nick incompetence that caused them to abruptly pull the show off the air... Between the Earth Queen getting Breath-bended to death, P'Li getting her head blown up and Ming-Hua being electrocuted to death... yeah these last couple of episodes were pretty brutal weren't they?
Old 2014-08-22, 08:09   Link #1459
mangakid95
CCG's Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Well, Zaheer flying didn't come entirely out of nowhere; He did mention that the airbender-monk whom he was clearly so heavily inspired by had gone several years without touching the ground, establishing that it was possible.

And yeah, those were some rather gruesome deaths. Indeed it would seem that maybe it was not bad ratings or general Nick incompetence that caused them to abruptly pull the show off the air... Between the Earth Queen getting Breath-bended to death, P'Li getting her head blown up and Ming-Hua being electrocuted to death... yeah these last couple of episodes were pretty brutal weren't they?
That's what I said. The flight is legit, it honestly didn't feel forced or like an asspull at all. Though, I do have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical of both his & Bolin's timing. That's the only qualm I had with it.

Yup, those deaths definitely weren't kid-friendly. Suicide by lava, electrocution & literally blowing up your own head. Now the mystery of why the episodes were pulled out to be aired online is solved. And can't forget to mention poisoning was also involved.

See, you guys were all worried over nothing. lol
Old 2014-08-22, 08:20   Link #1460
CatRules
Shipper

I think [Short-lived, The Earth Queen] is probably the first Avatar episode that shows people being killed, wasn't it?

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra