AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 22:23   Link #1501
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Book 4 is confirmed and will be called Balance.
Give us G-Milf Azula or I riot...
Old 2014-08-26, 23:07   Link #1502
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm waiting for Toph.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 05:05   Link #1503
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why do people want to see that psycho woman so bad? Why can't past defeated villains stay past defeated villains?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 05:23   Link #1504
Farodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
However, he's not dead. He's still very much alive and has been taken back into custody. So in short, I don't think this is the last time we'll be seeing Zaheer. I'm hopeful we'll see him again season 4. Who knows? Perhaps the plot will require Korra or someone else to finally confront Zaheer's philosophies then. (It's starting to sound like Aizen & Bleach all over. lol)
I'm sorry to say but Zaheer is out of the picture (atleast as a main villain).The writers already confirmed in an interview that there will be a completely new antagonist to deal with in the 4th book.But the whole Zaheer deal will have some kind of impact on the last book but they did not specified in which way this is gonna happen.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:55   Link #1505
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post
I'm sorry to say but Zaheer is out of the picture (atleast as a main villain).The writers already confirmed in an interview that there will be a completely new antagonist to deal with in the 4th book.But the whole Zaheer deal will have some kind of impact on the last book but they did not specified in which way this is gonna happen.
Fortunately, my previous post never mentioned anything about him returning as the main protagonist. I only meant to infer that we'll be seeing him again. That's all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Zaheer became one of the good guys in season 4.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:22   Link #1506
the one above all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post
I wasn't expecting him to be the main antagonist but it's still nice to have him have some sort of presence in season 4.
Old 2014-08-27, 17:12   Link #1507
Psyco Diver

We don't know for sure if his whole group is dead, they showed her body after being electrocuted, and if she was dead they wouldn't have showed us her body (they always turned the camera before) and the other guy could have survived, hes a lava bender and jumped into lava
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 18:15   Link #1508
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would be interesting if Korra ends up needing to turn to Zaheer for help - perhaps in getting her bending powers back or some such.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2014-08-27 at 23:25.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 23:04   Link #1509
Key Board
Donut

It would be a good chance to develop his character
let's be honest, "chaos!" is pretty shallow
Old 2014-08-28, 00:34   Link #1510
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why do people want to see that psycho woman so bad? Why can't past defeated villains stay past defeated villains?
Well she wouldn't be a villain anymore. She got a bit of development in The Search.
Old 2014-08-28, 01:00   Link #1511
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Well she wouldn't be a villain anymore. She got a bit of development in The Search.
I admit I haven't gotten the chance to read that yet but... wasn't she also still insane in that story ?
Old 2014-08-28, 01:39   Link #1512
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
We don't know for sure if his whole group is dead, they showed her body after being electrocuted, and if she was dead they wouldn't have showed us her body (they always turned the camera before) and the other guy could have survived, hes a lava bender and jumped into lava
On Amazon, there are these free behind-the-scenes videos for each episode of Book 3 now. While I can't see them due to geographic restrictions (argh), supposedly the commentary for the final episode confirms that Ghazan and Ming-Hua are indeed dead.
Old 2014-08-28, 02:18   Link #1513
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I admit I haven't gotten the chance to read that yet but... wasn't she also still insane in that story ?
Yep.
Spoiler:

SN: Taken your advice. Gonna give Captain Earth another shot. After I finish my backlog of Stardust Crusaders.
Old 2014-08-28, 05:17   Link #1514
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Agreed. Every earthbender's first attack against a grounded opponent should be to grab/snap a leg. Makes the rest of the fight a bit easier when your opponent is crippled, stuck in one spot, and in excruciating pain. And waterbenders seem to be able to heal most anything, so it would even be an appropriate method for earthbending police forces to use...
Well, most bending styles seem to have veered towards attacking primarily, likely due to pro-bending. I mean, even water benders seem to have movements akin to firebenders (actually, weren't water benders stronger in ATLAB compared to now?)

And apparently the level of earthbending determines what you can do. For example, earth compression takes a lot of skill (otherwise most earthbenders would throw compressed bullets). Ghazan is also one of the rare earthbenders that can cause earthquakes without help.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 11:12   Link #1515
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It would be interesting if Korra ends up needing to turn to Zaheer for help - perhaps in getting her bending powers back or some such.
Might happen if Korra wants to find out more about the Red Lotus, I think the organization as whole hasn't been beaten quite yet.

Last edited by Blaat; 2014-08-28 at 14:02. Reason: double negative is a positive. :p
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 12:24   Link #1516
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
On Amazon, there are these free behind-the-scenes videos for each episode of Book 3 now. While I can't see them due to geographic restrictions (argh), supposedly the commentary for the final episode confirms that Ghazan and Ming-Hua are indeed dead.
Wow this series really did get dark, not that I'm complaining though
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 19:52   Link #1517
dniv
Science is Romance

I just finished marathoning books 2 and 3. Wow I liked book 2 more than people did in general I think, but book 3 was IMO way better than the first two books. Also, that finale was absolutely amazing.

Zaheer is a very interesting character.

I also can't believe BTW that book 3 ended on a tear. That impressed me.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 20:10   Link #1518
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
What search?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 20:40   Link #1519
Redhazard
Desert Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What search?
One of the Avatar comics that takes place after the end of the orginal show. Currently there are three: The Promise, The Search and The Rift (on-going).

The Search deals with Zuko's search for his mother. He recruits Azula to help him, because he realizes his family is horribly messed up and that kinda needs to change.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 20:53   Link #1520
45darkrai

After rewatching Legend of Korra from Book 1 to 3, I finally understand where they were going with this.

Ever since Korra was first introduced, her entire self-identity was resolved around the role as the Avatar.

Growing up confined from her own culture, kept within a White Lotus compound being told by almost everyone that being the Avatar and keeping balance in the world was her sole reason for existing.

All the major enemies she had to deal with so far has been a threat to that identity. First there was Amon who threatened to take away her bending as well as her ability to act as the Avatar; second there was Unalaq/Vaatu who succeeded in destroying Korra's connections with her past lives; and lastly we have Zaheer who nearly succeeded in destroying the Avatar Cycle.

All of those conflicts, including Zaheer left Korra wondering whether the world truly needs, wants the Avatar anymore. All of this ended up causing her to question her whole reason of existing.

Now we have Korra crippled, broken, traumatized, not knowing if she'll be able to fight again. The thing that got me was at the end is where Tenzin coming in and telling her

Quote:
Don't worry, my people will maintain peace and balance, we don't need you to do anything except feel better.
Which in turn succeeded in confirming her deepest fears.
45darkrai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra