AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-03, 11:22   Link #2501
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
that last scene reminds me of that game with Netero on the airship
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:08   Link #2502
Maxtro
Super Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Wow, Ging is a horrible person.

"My son may try to find me. If you see him in ten years. Try to kill him."
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:34   Link #2503
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Wow, Ging is a horrible person.

"My son may try to find me. If you see him in ten years. Try to kill him."
To be fair Ging only asked that his friends not go easy on Gon just because he was his kid. I find that perfectly normal. Harsh but normal...
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:20   Link #2504
Maxtro
Super Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
To be fair Ging only asked that his friends not go easy on Gon just because he was his kid. I find that perfectly normal. Harsh but normal...
LOL, I understand Ging not wanting his friends to go easy on him. But Razor's throw was intended to kill Gon. If Gon screwed up with the block he would have died.

"Hey Ging, it's Razor."
"Hey whats up dude?"
"I killed your son with a dodgeball. He didn't catch the ball and his head exploded."
"Nah, that's cool. Want to get a beer? I'm going to land my giant flying monster in a bit."
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:30   Link #2505
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Maybe "He wasn't even able to catch a ball? I knew he wasn't mine."

Or "That'll teach him to sue for child suppport!"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:39   Link #2506
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
You're looking at it the wrong way. The reason Ging told Razor not to hold back was because holding back would be damn insulting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:40   Link #2507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You're looking at it the wrong way. The reason Ging told Razor not to hold back was because holding back would be damn insulting.
And not holding back could be damn fatal...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:43   Link #2508
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
COULD. There is a CHANCE of Gon killing if by some fluke Gon didn't turn out to be strong enough. On the otherhand, if Razor DID hold back, there is 100% chance for it to be insulting.

Does Gon look like he'd enjoy this even half as much if Razor were holding back? You have to take Gon's personality into account here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:44   Link #2509
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I think too that Ging knows & believes in Gon enough that he can take it. That any kind of "babying" will only stunt his growth.
I think too that Ging believes in his friend razor & his skill enough to properly set the limits. The greatest Martial Arts masters are the one who can control their strength the best.
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 14:42   Link #2510
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Nice like how Ging told Razor not to go easy on Gon. So Hisoka's gum was stopped by combining players, it was an interesting thing to try though. When Gon gets that smile things get heated up, can't wait to see what he does next, but doesn't that mean he's outside right now?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:06   Link #2511
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Now that I think about it, if I were Goreinu or Tsezgerra I'd be thinking about coming back without Gon so Razor would go easy on them. The implication is that it's not normally supposed to be this hard to get the card.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:37   Link #2512
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I don't really remember Hisoka harming any innocents. In the hunter exam and heaven's arena, everyone was legally fair game so that technically doesn't count. He also took the exam so he could become a blacklist hunter and hunt down dangerous criminals.

Also he infiltrated the most dangerous criminal group in the world so he could take a shot at their leader.

Other than looking at Gon's and Kil's asses he hasn't done anything you might consider as villainous.
But back when Hisoka was first introduced, it was mentioned that he was disqualified
from previous hunter exams for *killing* examiners.

He also maimed a person before the exam started by turning his arms into flowers.
Simply because he didn't say "excuse me", or somesuch.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 21:46   Link #2513
gsilver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
But back when Hisoka was first introduced, it was mentioned that he was disqualified from previous hunter exams for *killing* examiners.
What chapter was this? I remember him attacking an examiner, but he also didn't expect the attack to work on a real examiner.
__________________
‿‿
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:23   Link #2514
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
The fact that Hisoka's willing to team up with 'our heroes' just for the fun of it shows why he's such a great villain... he truly represents chaos, always a wild card.

Razor must be a super powerful guy for him to create all of these nen devils, especially one that can catch a throw from Hisoka.

As for Ging being a bad father, hey, he pretty much admitted it himself in an earlier episode... At least Gon doesn't seem to mind (or perhaps he prefers it in a strange way?)
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:26   Link #2515
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
See that's what I'm talking about. If you start calling Ging "a horrible person" then you probably don't understand Gon and Ging's relationship.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 02:33   Link #2516
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They don't really have one. Ging abandoned him as a baby, and has had no contact since then. It's not like they built a rapport based on throwing Gon into life threatening situations, like Silva and Killua. For all Ging knows or care, Gon could have grown up wanting to be an accountant.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 03:52   Link #2517
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Ging is a horrible person. He's the kind of person who'd abandon his baby to do what he loves, and then if his kid still attempts to find him anyway throw death traps in his way. While arguably he assumes that any kid who wasn't discouraged by the message would probably appreciate a good challenge, there's still the fact that he doesn't care if his kid lives or dies.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 07:06   Link #2518
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Maybe thats why Gon's mother is no around.

Gin: Hey, my woman wants to play frisbee.
Friends: Sure, no problem.
Gin: No need to go easy on her.
Friends:Ok.

1 min later

Friends: Oops, i think her head came off.
Gin: Hmm, thats bad.... wanna go explore a lost continent in my new dragon?
Friends: Sure, but what about the baby?
Gin: No problem, i will just drop it off at my sister's place.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 10:44   Link #2519
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
^Somehow I doubt that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They don't really have one. Ging abandoned him as a baby, and has had no contact since then. It's not like they built a rapport based on throwing Gon into life threatening situations, like Silva and Killua. For all Ging knows or care, Gon could have grown up wanting to be an accountant.
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'relationship', but I don't really know a better word for it. There is like, this 'thing' between them. Like, Ging is pursuing something, and Gon is following to find out what this 'something' is. He doesn't resent his father at all, nor does he expect any traditional father-son bonding. That's not what his journey is about.

I would also like to point out, that if Gon wanted to grow up to be an accountant, then he wouldn't have become a Hunter, and would never even have met Razor, so that point is pretty moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
there's still the fact that he doesn't care if his kid lives or dies.
Only quoting this part because everything that came before is pretty much factual and true. This part isn't. It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he honestly believes that he won't. Again, you have to look at this from Gon's perspective. Do you really think that Gon would be happy if Razor held back?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 12:47   Link #2520
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Spoiler for Manga page of the recent episode aired and graphic scenes:
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.