AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-04, 12:50   Link #2521
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
Question for manga readers: Gon
will meet his father or not?

You can reply via PM.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 18:22   Link #2522
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^Somehow I doubt that's the case.



Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'relationship', but I don't really know a better word for it. There is like, this 'thing' between them. Like, Ging is pursuing something, and Gon is following to find out what this 'something' is. He doesn't resent his father at all, nor does he expect any traditional father-son bonding. That's not what his journey is about.
Sure, but we weren't discussing Gon's feelings. I mean, yeah, Gon's a freak who likes having someone powerful try to kill him. It's not like Ging could count on that when he abandoned him.

Quote:
I would also like to point out, that if Gon wanted to grow up to be an accountant, then he wouldn't have become a Hunter, and would never even have met Razor, so that point is pretty moot.
True. But even so...

Quote:
Only quoting this part because everything that came before is pretty much factual and true. This part isn't. It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he honestly believes that he won't.
... have you considered all the flukes of chance necessary for Gon to survive his meeting with Razor? He could easily have been strong enough to get to the dodge-ball game, but not enough to live through it (which, I'd like to point out, he hasn't done yet). Especially as it doesn't depend purely on him but on his companions as well.

Quote:
Again, you have to look at this from Gon's perspective. Do you really think that Gon would be happy if Razor held back?
No, I really don't. Ging didn't beyond a general "do what you want and take the consequences".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 22:45   Link #2523
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
We have a doctor to be thats is a hunter. An accountant hunter is not really strange....
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:25   Link #2524
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Yeah but if he DID become a Hunter then he would be strong enough to surive Razor so that point is moot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sure, but we weren't discussing Gon's feelings. I mean, yeah, Gon's a freak who likes having someone powerful try to kill him. It's not like Ging could count on that when he abandoned him.
He is Ging's son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... have you considered all the flukes of chance necessary for Gon to survive his meeting with Razor? He could easily have been strong enough to get to the dodge-ball game, but not enough to live through it (which, I'd like to point out, he hasn't done yet). Especially as it doesn't depend purely on him but on his companions as well.

No, I really don't. Ging didn't beyond a general "do what you want and take the consequences".
You can argue the nonsensicalness all you want, but the fact remains is that "He does not care if his own son dies." is NOT the case. He honestly believes that he won't die. Just because "he couldn't possibly know this", only makes him reckless and pretty much a failure at being a dad (which is what NO ONE is arguing against), it does NOT make him uncaring.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 04:06   Link #2525
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Not all hunters are equally strong. It means that Ging will only acknowledge Gon if he is strong. Otherwise, he will rather have a dead son than a weak one.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 07:35   Link #2526
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Keep in mind that Gon would be dead if he hadn't met Biscuit. Which was pure luck on his part. The difference between being able to enter Greed Island and being able to survive against someone like Razor is huge. Being a Hunter is absolutely not enough to give Gon a chance to survive this. There was a 90% chance that Gon would die from this.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 11:19   Link #2527
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
^That's hardly the point of my argument.

The argument is this:

"Ging doesn't care if Gon dies."

I say

"Ging does not expect him to die, therefore your argument is untrue."

Whether my statement makes any logical sense or not isn't the issue here. The fact is, it's the truth.


Ging is many things. He is a reckless, adventure-loving moron, has a problem with his priorities (sounds like someone else we know), and is the world's biggest failure of a father. He does not, however, wish death upon his son.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 14:39   Link #2528
garbage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Keep in mind that Gon would be dead if he hadn't met Biscuit. Which was pure luck on his part. The difference between being able to enter Greed Island and being able to survive against someone like Razor is huge. Being a Hunter is absolutely not enough to give Gon a chance to survive this. There was a 90% chance that Gon would die from this.
maybe , or maybe not, because :
1) I don't think he would have been able to reach Razor (& that quest) without that training from Biscuit. or probably he would have too but after a much longer time frame & training. Biscuit has commented on that too "this place (G.I.) seems to be the perfect training environment, as if it was purposely designed to train someone progressively...." (after seeing the monsters& the environment) She even wondered if Ging had actually created GI for Gon's sake.
2) Even now with all that training from Biscuit, Razor IS still far far above the level of Gon. He is still holding back, he could easily kill Gon , if that's really what he wanted to do. So my take on Ging's statement is : "Don't make it easy Gon, push him to his limit, make him work for it", so as to make him stronger and not "GO ALL OUT" which would definitely kill Gon , Biscuit or no Biscuit.

also just repeating: Razor is part of Ging's Cabal/group, they're considered among the best Hunter's/Nen users in their world and are all masters in their own right. That's why they can make something like G.I. and just like Netero they're quite capable of controlling their strength to fit their opponent.
__________________
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 16:17   Link #2529
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Hm.. I kinda agree and disagree. In a fair match then yes, Razor could easily win, but this isn't a fair match, this is dodgeball.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 18:08   Link #2530
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^That's hardly the point of my argument.

The argument is this:

"Ging doesn't care if Gon dies."

I say

"Ging does not expect him to die, therefore your argument is untrue."

Whether my statement makes any logical sense or not isn't the issue here. The fact is, it's the truth.


Ging is many things. He is a reckless, adventure-loving moron, has a problem with his priorities (sounds like someone else we know), and is the world's biggest failure of a father. He does not, however, wish death upon his son.
Rereading your posts... You did try to argue that Razor killing Gon would be a "fluke". Not that Ging thought so, but that it was so.

And you tried to justify any danger Ging tossed Gon's way with Ging being considerate of Gon's feelings, rather than Ging's delusion it wasn't that dangerous.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 19:31   Link #2531
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Rereading your posts... You did try to argue that Razor killing Gon would be a "fluke". Not that Ging thought so, but that it was so.

And you tried to justify any danger Ging tossed Gon's way with Ging being considerate of Gon's feelings, rather than Ging's delusion it wasn't that dangerous.
Hm.. Maybe I just wasn't clear enough. Let me explain differently.

It's not so much "being considerate of Gon's feelings", although one can't argue that he isn't. What I was trying to argue is that Ging assumes that if Gon ever shows up in Greed Island, that would mean he would be "his son" meaning he would take after his dad. In such a case, he figured "there's no way that kid wouldn't like a challenge, and there's no way he could lose", or something along those lines. And while that is of course a reckless thing to do, and I'm not denying he knowingly put his son in danger, circumstances would have it that he is correct in his assumptions.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:31   Link #2532
HybridBloodsZak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
https://www.change.org/petitions/fun...a-home-release

Spread the word!
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:30   Link #2533
Funkatron
King of the Castle
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 32
Send a message via Skype™ to Funkatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
Wouldn't Viz have first dibs since they licensed the original?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:36   Link #2534
HybridBloodsZak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Wouldn't Viz have first dibs since they licensed the original?
A while back I asked Viz Media's facebook about that and they more or less said that they wanted it but were outbid so they can't get it.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:34   Link #2535
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
wow, this was the best episode this arc, and one of the best overall, the animetion was magnific at times closer to the manga that it has ever been, i have also been noticing some great bgm lately but the one used for gon's,second attack was simply godly and that was the only complain i ever had with this series, this episode its a total 10 in my book.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:31   Link #2536
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was definitely one excellent episode for the series.

Some great stuff from Gon's attacks to the friendship shown between him and Killua. They did a nice job hinting how badly Killua was hurting from those attacks, but in the end they are going to finish this fight together. Gon has certainly powered himself up through all that training.

Maybe favorite moment though was Killua's reaction when Gon said it had to be him that held the ball .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 02:38   Link #2537
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Man, how much GAR can possibly fit into those tiny bodies?
__________________
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:26   Link #2538
leokiko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Loved the expression Gon and Killua made after Gon hit the ball the first time, it showed that Killua was hurting and Gon knew that. Madhouse is really nailing that part.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 05:18   Link #2539
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
That dodgeball game was just brutal.
Gon getting back in the game... that was just beyond brave.
Seeing him angry is a rare thing.
Looks like his new method gave an awesome result.
The question is, can they keep it up.
Hisoka's bungee gum cam in handy this time.
They all took a lot of damage so far.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 07:46   Link #2540
Marower
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Holy heck, I was totally surprised by the use of movie music! It's perfect, to say the least.
__________________
I have my own blog! It's called Anime Viking. Hope you read it!

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.