AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 06:51   Link #2561
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The same people that were able to make Greed Island and all its reality altering cards? I mean, Risky Dice.
Razor said it was just a normal ball, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Which comes back to my original question. What did they do to the ball that made it so tough? Who is able to enchant the ball that much that its defence trumps everyone in the game?
That's a good point. I mean, Razor protects it with his own aura when he throws it (and as an emitter, he'd be good at it), but what about when Gon punches it out of Killua's hands?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 06:59   Link #2562
garbage

^ actually I think Enhancers would be the best in protecting the ball. Enhancers can "enhance " not only themselves but also objects. Same reason why Gon can impart so much power and energy on the ball...
Old 2013-03-11, 07:05   Link #2563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If he held it in his hand, sure. But he's punching it. Also, his aura would quickly lose power after disconnecting from his body.
Old 2013-03-11, 07:52   Link #2564
Clarste
Human

Enhancement is only one step away from Emission, so it's not like Gon would be terrible at keeping the aura around the ball after it leaves his hand. Note that Killua is one step away from Enhancement yet still better than Gon at most Enhancement activities other than Gon's special move, like breaking rocks or jumping. Gon probably just hasn't thought about it at all.

I still think the ball is special though. Killua said is weighed as much as a bowling ball, and Razor's "normal ball" comment was made in comparison to an exploding ball of nen. The ball is not designed to kill you.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 10:12   Link #2565
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I've always been itching to know what Tsezguerra's hatsu is. His face looks badass, like the stereotypical Satan. All you need are horns and a black cape.
So far, I always seen Tsez as an enchancer. Why else would he demonstrate his Ren by enhancing his jump.

Question: If you're a manipulator like Shalnark or Ilumi, and was asked to show your Ren, What would you do?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 17:44   Link #2566
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Which comes back to my original question. What did they do to the ball that made it so tough? Who is able to enchant the ball that much that its defence trumps everyone in the game?
The ball isn't tough. It's just a ball. The force of Rock is passed on to the ball which then hits the target at full force.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 17:53   Link #2567
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Enhancement is only one step away from Emission, so it's not like Gon would be terrible at keeping the aura around the ball after it leaves his hand.
With training, sure. But right now he can't even reliably throw a (tiny) nen ball away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
So far, I always seen Tsez as an enchancer. Why else would he demonstrate his Ren by enhancing his jump.

Question: If you're a manipulator like Shalnark or Ilumi, and was asked to show your Ren, What would you do?
Kill whoever's dumb enough to ask me that? Those guys aren't nice at all...

What I wouldn't do would be to show my actual ability. Tsezugera didn't either, for that matter - he just showed some generic move that demonstrated he was well trained, but didn't really reveal anything about his abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The ball isn't tough. It's just a ball. The force of Rock is passed on to the ball which then hits the target at full force.
I don't think that's how Rock's supposed to work. It just hits something very hard. Else he wouldn't need paper, would he?
Old 2013-03-11, 18:18   Link #2568
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think that's how Rock's supposed to work. It just hits something very hard. Else he wouldn't need paper, would he?
Fact of the matter is, he did use Rock. And yes, he did hit the ball very hard. Which is why the ball went flying. Very hard. While at the same time being charged by the aura used in the punch. I view it like, the aura "snapped" from Gon's fist to the ball. Emission doesn't have a lot to do with it. It's already been stated that aura can pass to objects.

I mean, it's not like Nen has to obey the laws of physics or anything.
Old 2013-03-11, 18:50   Link #2569
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, he did use Rock. And yes, he did hit the ball very hard. Which is why the ball went flying. Very hard. While at the same time being charged by the aura used in the punch. I view it like, the aura "snapped" from Gon's fist to the ball. Emission doesn't have a lot to do with it. It's already been stated that aura can pass to objects.

I mean, it's not like Nen has to obey the laws of physics or anything.
No, but it does have to follow its own rules. Having your aura work at a distance (not like Hisoka elongating his, but actually disconnected like Razor's or Franklin's nen projectiles) is Emission. Aura doesn't just jump from a body to an object. It has to be an act of will ("treating the object like a part of the body"), which isn't exactly compatible with punching it unless the aura has special properties (like Hisoka's bungee gum) or, I suppose, some special training - which Gon hasn't had. It's all he could do to develop is Rock move.
Old 2013-03-11, 18:51   Link #2570
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You're acting like the ball was supercharged with aura for hours.

By the way, I'll admit I'm making up these explanations as I go. Because I never actually questioned this. And I still don't. Seeing is believing.

I mean, if I kick against a football, the force I put into the ball with my foot is transferred to the ball, which is why the ball goes flying. The same concept applies here.
Old 2013-03-11, 18:58   Link #2571
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You're acting like the ball was supercharged with aura for hours.
No, I'm acting like his Paper was pretty pathetic. It's not about time, it's about distance.

And about the fact that, well, a special move isn't really supposed to have that much flexibility - it's the point. By putting restrictions on it, you make it more powerful. And at the time he designed Rock, Gon just thought "I need to be able to punch things very hard", not "I want to be able to use projectiles".

Quote:
By the way, I'll admit I'm making up these explanations as I go. Because I never actually questioned this.
Neither did I, till now.

Quote:
I mean, if I kick against a football, the force I put into the ball with my foot is transferred to the ball, which is why the ball goes flying. The same concept applies here.
And if you shoot it with a tank's main gun, you destroy it.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:24   Link #2572
FateAnomaly

Gon cannot just transfer aura to the ball just like that in a split second. If he can do then he wouldn't need to train emission at all. When Gon hits the ball force is transferred sure but aura is not.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 00:31   Link #2573
garbage

^except that it has been clearly shown that they do transfer their aura and it stays with the ball.

gon charging
gon's ball flying
razor charging
razor's ball flying
goreinu's ball flying
goreinu's ball aura dissipating 1
goreinu's ball aura dissipating 2
goreinu's ball aura dissipating 3
also the court seems to be special in allowing aura to be transferred to the ball efficiently, as Hisoka said "if the ball travels outside the court it becomes much less powerful".
it seems goreinu was at a disadvantage throwing from outside the court,at least power wise, but he still hit razor due to position advantage. goreinu didn't even show any significant time charging his aura.
one curious happening: due to goreinu's transfers, black gorilla ended up in razor's side of the court (even before the ball was thrown)wouldn't that be some kind fault. i wonder.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:25   Link #2574
FateAnomaly

It is reasonable for other people to transfer the aura to the ball since they actually holds the ball and then throws it but Gon only had contact for a split second.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:45   Link #2575
garbage

^ that is why I added pictures/screen caps and you still deny what you see?
Old 2013-03-12, 01:50   Link #2576
FateAnomaly

I know what it shows what i am saying is it doesn't make sense.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:01   Link #2577
garbage

well NEN itself doesn't makes sense in the real world so what else is new, its not as if the author has written a complete point by point explanation of NEN and all its attributes,effects & limitations. some things we just have to take as it is given. Beside there have been previous instances of enhancers enhancing objects that ultimately leaves their touch like how Uvo throws objects causing more explosion than is warranted by its size/mass ( because he has charged /enhanced it)
Also if you have missed it in my previous post, the court seems to be special as it allows efficient aura transfer to the ball as Hisoka surmised.
Old 2013-03-12, 15:19   Link #2578
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And if you shoot it with a tank's main gun, you destroy it.
Tank shells aren't a near-magical force that can make wacky stuff happen.
Old 2013-03-12, 16:07   Link #2579
Hamster

The ball only needed a tiny percent of Gon's aura to keep it from being destroyed while at the same time launch it at incredible speed. The ball's bounciness also helps a lot in this case. If it had been a rock, it would have exploded.

The ball that hit Razor already had most of it's initial nen dissipated from Gon's impact. If Gon had been an actual emitter, with that massive amount of Ren, the ball would have skewered Razor's body, went right through the building, and flown for miles out to sea.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:10   Link #2580
HybridBloodsZak

https://www.change.org/petitions/fun...a-home-release

Reached 100 supporters! Thanks to anyone that signed up here but we aren't close to done!

The limit is only as big as fan support coming in is so all I can ask for is to keep spreading the word about the series and the petition

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-03-12 at 21:31.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen