AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 14:44   Link #2981
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Okay, enough off-topic. Now I want to know if there's a deeper reason for Kite to have/choose that gambling-like power of his. Even Gon and Killua were caught off guard by the absurdity of it .
It's the same priniciple as the limitations Kurapika put on his various chains. By adding in various limitations, the ability becomes more powerful.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:03   Link #2982
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's the same priniciple as the limitations Kurapika put on his various chains. By adding in various limitations, the ability becomes more powerful.
I know that. But that’s not what I meant by “deeper reason”. I meant, just like Kurapika’s vengeance towards Ryodan, I wonder if there's any particular reason for Kite to choose/have that slot-weapon(s).
Old 2013-06-03, 21:30   Link #2983
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ Kite's battle had to be shown. It just wouldn't work to focus only on the kids since the character we need to learn about the most right now is Kite. It's not filler, it's just different than the manga, and it's a change that makes a lot of sense.
If it "had" to be shown, it would have been in the manga. But it wasn't, so...that was filler. It's not really debatable.
Maybe some people misunderstand the meaning of "filler", thinking it must be automatically a bad thing to be considered as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I personally think it's better that they showed the fight. I've grown weary of HxH's style of "Informed/Ambiguous Powerlevels". It's one of the story's major drawback for me imo.
I think that's just due to Togashi's way of liking the theory over the process.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-06-03 at 21:43.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 01:26   Link #2984
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I think it's the manga volumes. Based on this. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Nah I was wondering specifically WHAT volumes they were. Like what part of the story is it?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-06 at 01:22.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 02:03   Link #2985
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Nah I was wondering specifically WHAT volumes they were. Like what part of the story is it?
Then you should’ve asked “What arc those manga-volumes are in?” or “What’s the story in those volumes?”. If you just ask “What volumes are those?” some people will answer you with either “It’s manga volumes” or “It’s DVD/BD volumes” or other similarly unsatisfying answers. Just an advice, be a bit specific .

Unfortunately, I'm not a manga reader, so maybe others could provide you with the answer.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:26   Link #2986
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
I know that. But that’s not what I meant by “deeper reason”. I meant, just like Kurapika’s vengeance towards Ryodan, I wonder if there's any particular reason for Kite to choose/have that slot-weapon(s).
Maybe Ging suggest it to Kite to be live life more loosely. So Kite picked that ability. What you guys think?
Old 2013-06-04, 11:46   Link #2987
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
If it "had" to be shown, it would have been in the manga. But it wasn't, so...that was filler. It's not really debatable.
You're assuming the manga is perfect, or at least that everything that works in that format will necessarily work in an animated format too. Either assumption is wrong.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-06-04 at 12:17.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 20:11   Link #2988
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You're assuming the manga is perfect, or at least that everything that works in that format will necessarily work in an animated format too. Either assumption is wrong.
I didn't say that, and that's not the point. The point is that it wasn't shown in the manga, so it wasn't supposed to be - thus it's filler, regardless of making the story better or worse.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:03   Link #2989
Jinkies

Quote:
I didn't say that, and that's not the point. The point is that it wasn't shown in the manga, so it wasn't supposed to be - thus it's filler, regardless of making the story better or worse.
What's the exact definition of "filler" that you're using, just so I can follow along? My best guess is that it's anything that isn't exactly from the manga, but I assume you have additional qualifiers.

Say one frame of the manga is Gon at one end of a hallway, but the next is him at the other end of the hallway. If they animate him in the series walking down the hallway, is everything except the first and last frame of the animation filler? If so, I don't find your definition of filler very useful for conversation, since 99.99% of an episode is filler.

If you don't consider that filler, say the same scene happens, but he smiles at someone halfway down the hallway. Is it filler now? If so, why is walking different from smiling? If not, how much has to be done to make it filler?

I honestly don't know what you mean here or why you're saying it, so clarification would be very helpful.

Last edited by Jinkies; 2013-06-05 at 18:43.
Jinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 01:37   Link #2990
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's like some of us said. I don't understand why it only has to be called filler when you hate it. It's something that wasn't there before that extends the time of an episode. It "fills" a void in an episode and makes it longer. Thus it's filler. No one said it can't be awesome.
Old 2013-06-05, 09:14   Link #2991
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I didn't say that, and that's not the point. The point is that it wasn't shown in the manga, so it wasn't supposed to be
Even though you didn't explicitly say it, the part I marked here implies that. Just because it wasn't in the manga, it doesn't mean it's not supposed to be in the anime. The manga is not perfect and can be improved. It's up to the script writer and director to figure out how to do so.
Old 2013-06-05, 09:50   Link #2992
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know, considering this is one of best anime of any kind to air in recent years and arguably the best shounen adaptation ever, it's remarkable how much time on this board is spent arguing over the semantic definition of filler and why the chimera ants wear clothes...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:04   Link #2993
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You know, considering this is one of best anime of any kind to air in recent years and arguably the best shounen adaptation ever, it's remarkable how much time on this board is spent arguing over the semantic definition of filler and why the chimera ants wear clothes...
Enzo, please kindly do us a favor by suggesting a new topic to discuss to escape this filler debates.

As for the clothes discussion: Hey, when a Tiger-like Chimera-ant is wearing harajuku-gangsta-rapper/whatever-you-call-it outfit in the middle of a ‘natural’ country, it’s normal to be curious .
Old 2013-06-05, 10:30   Link #2994
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Here's one: how the F is Madhouse able to keep producing animation of this quality for week after wek after week, not just for a few key seconds but for every action scene in every episode? And has any other series every delivered this much sakuga animation this consistently for this long?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:54   Link #2995
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Here's an answer that might not be the whole reason but is definitely true:

The animators definitely enjoy their work on this series.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:54   Link #2996
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Maybe they have a some really good animators who know what parts of the anime need more efforts. Maybe rather than by-episode, they are managing their quality by-scene so the gap of quality between episodes won’t be that far? I don’t know. Just throwing my wild theories out there. My knowledge about how anime series are actually made is rather scarce .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The animators definitely enjoy their work on this series.
In short, it's love .
Old 2013-06-05, 11:19   Link #2997
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
In short, it's love .
Or motivation for author? He get off your lazy bum and produce us more materials to animate!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-06-05, 13:50   Link #2998
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Maybe they have a some really good animators who know what parts of the anime need more efforts. Maybe rather than by-episode, they are managing their quality by-scene so the gap of quality between episodes won’t be that far? I don’t know. Just throwing my wild theories out there.
If I recall there wasn't that many fight scenes in the entire Hunter Exam arc and a lot of the series is mostly build up so i imagine they saved a bit there. But I have to say that the animation and choreography behind those fight scenes is some of the best I've ever seen.
Old 2013-06-05, 17:26   Link #2999
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If I recall there wasn't that many fight scenes in the entire Hunter Exam arc and a lot of the series is mostly build up so i imagine they saved a bit there. But I have to say that the animation and choreography behind those fight scenes is some of the best I've ever seen.
The Gon vs Hisoka fight on the Heavens Arena arc is nothing short of amazing. It's truly impressive how well budgeted time and money-wise this show seems to be. I haven't seen any significant quality drops throughout it's entire run. I don't think I've ever seen a weekly show run so smoothly like this one has. I would love to get an insight into the production team and how they manage to do it.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:02   Link #3000
Salce

Until Chimera Ant arc, the series didn't have many action scenes. So, it's not so surprising that they always kept an amazing level until now (though it's still worthy of praise).

But if they're able to keep this during such an action packed arc, as they have been doing until now, it will be surprising.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen