AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-21, 12:08   Link #3381
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
but no one is saying like "Bisky has no effing clue what she's talking about" are they?
She's their master. She knows the boys better so her words carry more weight. Besides, her explanation of Killua's problem was really detailed and full of personal insight. So much so that Killua himself accepted it as true.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:42   Link #3382
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
But... She's still saying the same thing.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 12:58   Link #3383
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Yeah, well... that's true. lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:04   Link #3384
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Don't get me wrong, I understand that Bisky sounds like more of an "authority" on this matter. I just felt like pointing it out.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:21   Link #3385
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
But... She's still saying the same thing.
She isn't mocking/laughing though. She is basically trying to help him grow AND she is his master. Context matters.
Arkeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:23   Link #3386
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
The biggest reason a lot of people didn't like what Morel said was because his opinion lacked credibility and thus didn't justify his douche-baggery. It still doesn't fyi.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:39   Link #3387
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
So why doesn't Bisky lack credibility when she's saying the same thing? Is it's because she's cuter?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:25   Link #3388
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
What Kazu-kun said, plus she has no reason to justify her douche-baggery because she wasn't being one.

And yes, because she's cuter. XP
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:32   Link #3389
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I'm sorry, I still can't really wrap my head around how people can treat two people who say the exact same thing so unfairly just because they like one better than the other. Perhaps I should just drop the matter cos maybe I'll never understand judgmental people.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:43   Link #3390
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm sorry, I still can't really wrap my head around how people can treat two people who say the exact same thing so unfairly just because they like one better than the other.
Ironically you're doing an incredibly good job of it right now...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:12   Link #3391
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm sorry, I still can't really wrap my head around how people can treat two people who say the exact same thing so unfairly just because they like one better than the other. Perhaps I should just drop the matter cos maybe I'll never understand judgmental people.
It's really not hard to understand. Morel judged Killua without knowing the first thing about him nor the situation he was in. You claim you don't understand judgmental people and yet you don't see anything wrong with that?

Bisky has spent weeks with Killua and has fought alongside him, of course her opinion matters more.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:22   Link #3392
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Shouldn't Bisky be in the same level as palm or even higher? Or maybe the author just wants some humor and isn't really paying attention to power levels?
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:32   Link #3393
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's really not hard to understand. Morel judged Killua without knowing the first thing about him nor the situation he was in. You claim you don't understand judgmental people and yet you don't see anything wrong with that?

Bisky has spent weeks with Killua and has fought alongside him, of course her opinion matters more.
And yet Morel did, undeniably, say the same thing. One might make the case that this shows he has great instincts, having pegged Killua in 3 minutes when it took Bisky weeks to do so.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:35   Link #3394
Upscaled
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Bisky can look after herself. But Palm might create a big mess that might draw too much attention or hurt others. Bisky doesn't want to be there when that happens. Bisky loves to fly under the radar, I think.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:35   Link #3395
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Shouldn't Bisky be in the same level as palm or even higher? Or maybe the author just wants some humor and isn't really paying attention to power levels?

Bisky could destroy Palm easily, but she doesn't want to reveal her true form if she can help it. She doesn't want deal with creepy nut jobs either.

And yeah, there's also the case of it being a nonsensical running joke you shouldn't think too much about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And yet Morel did, undeniably, say the same thing. One might make the case that this shows he has great instincts, having pegged Killua in 3 minutes when it took Bisky weeks to do so.
Bisky probably knew from the start but didn't say anything because she wanted Killua to figure it out on his own.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:39   Link #3396
Upscaled
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And yet Morel did, undeniably, say the same thing. One might make the case that this shows he has great instincts, having pegged Killua in 3 minutes when it took Bisky weeks to do so.
I agree about Morel having great instincts. But we also have no idea when Bisky had the realization about Killua. She keeps her observations close to the vest while Morel strikes me as someone who loves to give opinions.

Last edited by Upscaled; 2013-07-21 at 20:03.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 19:58   Link #3397
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's really not hard to understand. Morel judged Killua without knowing the first thing about him nor the situation he was in. You claim you don't understand judgmental people and yet you don't see anything wrong with that?

Bisky has spent weeks with Killua and has fought alongside him, of course her opinion matters more.
Yep, this. Not to mention her opinion came only when she's seen it for herself.
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:38   Link #3398
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And yet Morel did, undeniably, say the same thing. One might make the case that this shows he has great instincts, having pegged Killua in 3 minutes when it took Bisky weeks to do so.
Exactly. I think people underestimate Morel, he's a Hunter pro enough to be freaking Netero's entourage. He's likely more experienced and capable of analyze other Hunters than Bisky.
His judgement of Killua wasn't even baseless, he simply reacted to Killua's own words about the situation.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:54   Link #3399
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
He's likely more experienced and capable of analyze other Hunters than Bisky.
Bisky's like 50 so she has plenty of experience. Besides, arguing about who's more experienced is pointless.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:13   Link #3400
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Bisky's like 50 so she has plenty of experience. Besides, arguing about who's more experienced is pointless.
"She's an old hag!"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.