AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-11, 08:00   Link #3881
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
What a masterful episode! my eyes were watery during the last scene... And I cant stop wandering why anime of this caliber is not more popular with the people of this forum.

I just came to horrible but very logical prediction regarding the inmediate future of this arc: everyone but Gon and Killua will die... For one it is already clear that the powergap between the royal guards and the hunters is far too wide to be overcome by mere wits and intellect. Also, since this arc is supposed to really long, we have yet to see the likes of Hisoka or the Zoltak family in action. I am pretty sure the upcoming episodes will be very emotionally gripping.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 08:54   Link #3882
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't see why the ants can't all just rationalize Komugi as the king's pet or something. It doesn't mean he's gone soft. It doesn't mean he won't eat other humans. It just means he's gotten attached to one because he was bored and she was cute.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 08:56   Link #3883
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
And thus, the King discovered moe. Nobody can resist its power.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 09:37   Link #3884
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't see why the ants can't all just rationalize Komugi as the king's pet or something. It doesn't mean he's gone soft. It doesn't mean he won't eat other humans. It just means he's gotten attached to one because he was bored and she was cute.
It's just Shaiapouf really. Neferpitou only cares about having fun and Montutyuupi doesn't give a shit. Pouf is known to be an overthinker, it's basically his whole gimmick. He's just doing his thing. I am an overthinker too, so I can feel him .
__________________
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 09:38   Link #3885
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The king, too, is worried about that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:02   Link #3886
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The king, too, is worried about that.
Well, he probably feels like he's going soft. He's been repeating to himself the "just a pet" lie but he's actually getting to think of humans as a whole with more consideration because of Komugi. That's the whole point, that he's troubled and worried and doesn't understand himself.
__________________
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 11:16   Link #3887
SHINOBI-03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
-EPISODE 108-

Spoiler for part 1:

--------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 13:04   Link #3888
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
And I cant stop wandering why anime of this caliber is not more popular with the people of this forum.
Sometimes I don't like talking about it because I feel what ever words I contrive to describe it will be garbage by comparison to the greatness we're seeing on screen. I'd almost feel like if I was insulting the series if I tried to talk about it in detail.

The only show I ever felt was this consistently great for SOOOO long was Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and HxH is basically set to keep it up even longer than that series since it's longer. Truly all time classic stuff we're watching on screen.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 14:13   Link #3889
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
What a masterful episode! my eyes were watery during the last scene... And I cant stop wandering why anime of this caliber is not more popular with the people of this forum.
It's because scrubs (everywhere; I'd never imply anything bad about anyone around here but the mentality sure does spread around) go "lol shounen" and immediately dismiss it because they think they're all just stretched out, filler filled, and "cliche" anime with lame characters, yet stretched out, filler filled and cliche anime with lame characters in other genres is perfectly okay because it's not shounen. You get this crap towards mecha as well. A lot of people think they have "outgrown" a genre, but that's just merely a sign of pretentiousness as shounen just isn't the big ones. Saying all shounen is like DBZ and Naruto is no less silly than saying anime is just cartoons for kids or porn for adults.

Which is why genre swiping is kinda lame, but whatever. It's one thing to not prefer a genre, it's another to assume it's automatically inferior just because one is too insecure and fears they'll be branded as "narutards" or something.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:06   Link #3890
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Retracing my steps.....
This is why Togashi is awesome. He brings a character into his story who is supposed to be the most genetically superior being in the entire world. He makes him a genius mentally and physically, and yet that doesn't stop him from reminding us that he is still basically a newborn. Right now he is the equivalent of a young teen (albeit a very smart one) trying desperately to figure out his place in the universe and what it even means to exist in the first place.

Any other shounen writer (*cough* Toriyama) would see a character like the King(*cough* Cell) as nothing more than an opportunity to have his main character develop to a new "level", and from what we've seen so far, Togashi doesn't even plan on having Gon fight the King at all. He is treating every character as an important piece that needs to be developed as much as possible.

I idolize this guy as a writer, I really do.
__________________
"Do what I do in every friendship and relationship, give 5%" - Ron Bennington
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:35   Link #3891
Diveman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
That "UNNYAAAA!" from Pitou was really fucking cute.
Spoiler:


I'm also really happy on how good they are adapting this arc, it feels pretty close to what the manga made me feel back then. I'm extremely pumped for the next fights that are coming and I'm pretty sure they will do them justice.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 00:19   Link #3892
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Sometimes I don't like talking about it because I feel what ever words I contrive to describe it will be garbage by comparison to the greatness we're seeing on screen. I'd almost feel like if I was insulting the series if I tried to talk about it in detail.

The only show I ever felt was this consistently great for SOOOO long was Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and HxH is basically set to keep it up even longer than that series since it's longer. Truly all time classic stuff we're watching on screen.
There's an element of that for me when I try and blog H x H. How can anything I come up with meaningfully add to something so brilliantly conceived and executed?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 05:21   Link #3893
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Well for me, I have a difficulty in having much to say about build up episodes and Hunter x Hunter is 90% build up.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 05:55   Link #3894
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well for me, I have a difficulty in having much to say about build up episodes and Hunter x Hunter is 90% build up.
well then i believe you will fainted after seeing the epicness of the climax of this arc
__________________
hamazura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 00:49   Link #3895
revive4563
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Under the desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And thus, the King discovered moe. Nobody can resist its power.
This is it.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 02:46   Link #3896
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I'd say the King is more enthralled by her unusual strength that he doesn't have, despite her not having anything he does. I mean she's basically everything he isn't. Isn't that what people usually look for in a mate?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 12:50   Link #3897
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Gungi, gungi, gungi...
Will the game ever end?
After this many episodes it's kinda sad and ridiculous.
Their king isn't much of a king since everything he does is playing board games.
On the other hand it does give additional time to hunters.
Still, this looks like stretching out the plot..
Surprise, surprise... the king learned a few things through those games after all.
That girl is making him grow a heart and he doesn't even know it..
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 14:52   Link #3898
Diveman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Is not like he's not doing anything, he was just waiting for the day of the selection of people and he had to kill time somehow.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 17:33   Link #3899
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Another excellent episode of Hunter x Hunter. Why am I not surprised?

Only 58 chapters left to cover of this arc it would seem.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-12-17 at 18:10.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 21:00   Link #3900
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
God Damn, that was tense...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.