AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-22, 01:37   Link #4301
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
^I get what they were going for, I just think this approach has too many flaws and hurts the overall show. It worked fine in the manga, but not so much in anime imo.
Some people believe Togashi had to tell his story through words because he was in no condition to draw complex panels and fights.
I call BS on anything involving Togashi"s 'condition", but it's out there.

That said, i'm no big fan of the route he went with, either. It's not that bad in a weekly basis, but people binge-watching the show later may find all the narration seriously tiresome.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 17:06   Link #4302
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Last episode was awesome. I was a bit disappointed by Crunchyroll's translation of my favourite quote from the Ant King. I had read it in the manga as "I will create a world where everyone is so equal, the word equality doesn't exist.". I think it had a better ring to it. Still, awesome.
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 17:46   Link #4303
Haak
Forever Alone...

I hope I don't sound like an insensitive arsehole for saying this or anything but...

...I really really miss Ichiro Nagai's voice for Netero right now.
Old 2014-03-25, 18:06   Link #4304
MCAL

Wait! Let me check......... Yep! I still think the narration is fantastic.

Not gonna lie though......... This episode had me at the edge of my seat. That's how tense it was. And the battle between the King and Netero really only just started. So yeah. It was all fantastic.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:44   Link #4305
kakakka

Yeah, I have been used to Ichiro Nagai's voice that Netero really sound like a different person right now.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 22:03   Link #4306
MCAL

I think Banjo Ginga did as well a job that he could have given the circumstances. Especially when I would consider Nagai's portrayal of Netero to be absolutely perfect.

That being said, I would wait until the real battle begins before making any conclusions.
Old 2014-03-26, 08:00   Link #4307
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Banjo Ginga didn't do a bad job at all. We're just too used to Netero's old voice, which suited him perfectly.

That was a fantastic episode. I'm grateful there was almost no narration for the King and Netero's confrontation. This increased the tension a lot. There are people who complain the animation has been lacking lately, but for a long-running series, I think the animation is still stunning. The portrayal of Netero's power was great, thought the statue seemed less imposing than in the manga.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:09   Link #4308
revive4563

I read few days ago that Ichiro Nagai and Banjo Ginga played a role of father and son in Gundam.

This is just a succession.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 10:12   Link #4309
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Ginga Banjou (who's a legendary seiyuu in his own right) did the right thing by not trying to do a Nagai impersonation. His Netero is formidable, but with less whimsy and a harder edge. There's an initial disconnect - how could there not be - but by the end I was in the moment and not thinking about it. You can't replace Nagai Ichirou, but Ginga can step into his shoes admirably.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 12:34   Link #4310
SHINOBI-03

EPISODE 122

Spoiler for part 1:

-------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 12:44   Link #4311
ookamigirl

Is it possible?
Finally some King action!
Can't wait for Gon to make his move as well.
The explanation of their mental state was interesting.
Chibi Pouf's are so cuteee ^^
Everyone has changed a bit, but only Pouf is skeptical of that change.
Damn, since when is the King a pacifist?!
Looks like Komugi has made quite an impact on him.
Netero made his move. Impressive!
Seems like the King should not be underestimated.
Netero offered him a nice incentive.
Things are heating up!

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:38   Link #4312
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
EPISODE 122

Spoiler for part 1:

-------------
Spoiler for part 2:
Thanks for doing these each week. I only recently marathoned the entire series but i remember 2 years ago when the show started you were already doing these. They're much appreciated .
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 12:45   Link #4313
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
Thanks for doing these each week. I only recently marathoned the entire series but i remember 2 years ago when the show started you were already doing these. They're much appreciated .
The credit goes to Toto y Moi for starting up the whole thing. I just took over because I'm crazy and fed up with wild accusations coming from blind fanboys of the old anime series and someone had to do this job.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 19:55   Link #4314
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
The credit goes to Toto y Moi for starting up the whole thing. I just took over because I'm crazy and fed up with wild accusations coming from blind fanboys of the old anime series and someone had to do this job.
Isn't that why Toto gave it up - fans of the '99 using the posts as excuses to say how much the '11 sucked?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:11   Link #4315
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Isn't that why Toto gave it up - fans of the '99 using the posts as excuses to say how much the '11 sucked?
I also saw them call Toto completely biased to the 2011 version, when I saw all his/her posts were actually fair to both versions.
Old 2014-03-28, 18:28   Link #4316
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She (?) wasn't really biased, although she did give her personal opinion on many aspects.

Which rubbed the 99 fans the wrong way.

So they do what every other rabid fanboy would do in such a situation: Open up a can of flame.

Strangely enough, the 99 fans have been strangely absent throughout the Greed Island arc.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 14:40   Link #4317
MCAL

Might as well get the bad out of the way. Not a huge fan of One Piece pacing. That being said, this episode was still great. And as usual Togashi always makes the villains more than they appear. Also the black centipedes are still gross.

More goodness to come next episode.

EDIT: EDIT: Judging by the preview, it seems like they will be adapting three chapters next episode, so that would explain having only one chapter adapted this episode.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-04-01 at 14:53.
Old 2014-04-01, 15:34   Link #4318
Clarste
Human

I love how Welfin created a weapon that could only be effective against someone like himself. Really, his entire worldview is so consistent.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:45   Link #4319
neshru

Did the entirety of episode 123 really take place in the same room? This is reaching early Shippuden levels of ridiculousness.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 18:47   Link #4320
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

With the difference that the psychological intensity in HxH is leap and bounds above the other series.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen