AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 14:06   Link #541
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So I just got around to watching the first episode and already 3 minutes into it I had a big grin on my face, but then Mito started talking and my jaw just kind of hit the floor. I thought, "No way...it couldn't be...." and then I went and checked and indeed it was...Keiko Han (Lalah Sune, Annerose Von Grunewald, Athena, Luna) in an actual voice role for the first time in quite possibly a decade.

People who know me know I usually get really excited whenever an old 90's voice actor who doesn't get a lot of work anymore gets a role in this current era, but this is really something quite special as I love Keiko Han's distinctive motherly sounding voice and I don't think there's any equivalent in the current stable of voice actors getting work. Could this be her re-emergence onto the scene or is it just a token role? Could we possibly get Ryo Horikawa back too? How about Masako Nozawa? Kei Tomiyama? Am I being greedy here?
It hasn't been this long since the last time Keiko Han voiced an anime character. She resumed her role as Saori/Athena in the Saint Seiya: The Hades - Chapter Sanctuary OVA in 2002-2003 and the Saint Seiya: Heaven Chapter Overture movie in 2004. Unfortunately, she and the other five main seiyuu in the franchise were replaced in 2005 because the mangaka thought they sounded too old to play their respective roles.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 14:58   Link #542
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Spoiler for HxH Episode 9 Comparison:

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2011-11-27 at 16:21.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 05:15   Link #543
spleenpoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Spoiler for HxH Episode 9 Comparison:
Fantastic comparison as always! Thanks again!

Last edited by spleenpoker; 2011-11-28 at 07:41.
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 10:27   Link #544
Vicious108

Kurapica mentioned them in the very first episode.

And unless the next episode speeds up the pace considerably compared to this one, it certainly won't get to the scene you have in mind.

Also, you might wanna edit out that list of the members' names, since at least one of them can be seen as a spoiler for anime-only watchers.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 07:37   Link #545
rinichan

huhuh sorry think some one deleted it now, i'm also late in responsing...

I think they mention Gr in episode 1 but I dont remember if they used a pic like that in the current episode, did they just used plain spider tattoe? i cant remember...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 09:06   Link #546
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Something to think about before next ep:
is it still jailbait if it's in jail?
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 15:47   Link #547
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

They are doing a good job with this remake , i like it.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 18:23   Link #548
TheKage

Not that this is a gripe, but does the fact that one prisoner mentions that they've already lost change the next challenge?

Spoiler for next challenge:
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:23   Link #549
rinichan

about episode 10 I was surprised to see Hisoka's battle there with a major difference and I like the HxH vocabulary thing, the thing I hated is they dragged the episode again and I have to endured waiting for Killua's battle next episode again...
Old 2011-12-04, 05:43   Link #550
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

episode 10 is good, i like to see some mind games and it delivered and also Hisoka likes overkill!!!
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:50   Link #551
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
about episode 10 I was surprised to see Hisoka's battle there with a major difference and I like the HxH vocabulary thing, the thing I hated is they dragged the episode again and I have to endured waiting for Killua's battle next episode again...
The two chapters per episode pacing has been the norm for a while now and it's hardly dragging. I think you mean they didn't rush the episode, which is a good thing.

Surprised they didn't have what's-her-face revealing her appearance as a cliffhanger though. Seems like the kind of stuff that would make people want to tune in next week.

Anyway, I'm glad Leorio's rare moment of badassery was done justice in this episode. The animation in the Hisoka fight was really good too and makes me look forward to how certain fights later on in the series will look like. Once again they used a shadow silhouette to depict a decapitation and it works well enough for me. Next week is where I'm truly worried when it comes to censoring though, but I guess we'll see.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 06:53   Link #552
rinichan

do you all think next week's episode will be done by murdering the guy with shadow effects thingy (like ep 10)? or they'll do it without censorship. That's the episode that I had been waiting for... and I cant wait for this weeks review by our review master here...
Old 2011-12-04, 09:05   Link #553
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
do you all think next week's episode will be done by murdering the guy with shadow effects thingy (like ep 10)? or they'll do it without censorship. That's the episode that I had been waiting for... and I cant wait for this weeks review by our review master here...
I doubt it. SHOWING decapitation or dismembering is one thing, but in the case of the thing you are talking about that "might" be censored is another. We don't really see any violence really directly, just well you know. Don't see why that would need to be censored.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 10:02   Link #554
spleenpoker

Excellent episode but still looking forward to the more action orientated scenes. I too cannot wait for the comparison.
spleenpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 11:14   Link #555
ookamigirl

The majority rule trap showed itself.
Ex-examiner vs Hisoka.
Now that was a pretty awesome duel!
Risky bet of Leorio & prison chick.

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 12:13   Link #556
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Hisoka's fight was awesome even though it was short. Leorio was pretty badass when he was about to kill the guy.
Old 2011-12-04, 14:28   Link #557
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What was the "bulldog scramble" gag in the preview - some sort of pun you have to speak Japanese to get, or am I just dim?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:44   Link #558
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There was some good stuff. Did like Leorio's fun moment there holding the guy over the edge. It cost them in terms of points, but at the same time it resolved the previous fight. Did also show the dangers of the majority situation.

One heck of a conclusion to Hisoka's fight. Just shows how crazy good that guy is. His opponent should have counted himself lucky to survive last time and not pick this battle.
Old 2011-12-04, 15:47   Link #559
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Bringing in Hidehiko Sawada to work on Hisoka's scene was a good choice. That was some smooth animation.
Old 2011-12-05, 15:15   Link #560
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The fake dead was hilarious. Can't wait for Kirua & bulldog/
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen