AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-02, 10:15   Link #201
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Spoiler for extra after credits in the US:
Actually it's
Spoiler for food:
.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 17:45   Link #202
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Anyone else thought it strange when Rogers confronted Stark? "Take away the armor and what's left?" Is the guy who only served because of super steroids the best person to say that? Loved the answer, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Who else felt it was a pretty shitty of Nick Fury to
Spoiler:


Basic disrespect for the dead aside, you have just turned a friend and colleague who respected you into a mere tool.

Bravo, Fury. Bra-F#<>ing-vo.
I interpreted it differently. Coulson was a trooper, and a hero. Fury respected that - and that's why he used him to remind Captain friggin America what he was supposed to stand for, too. I think Coulson would be honored.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:51   Link #203
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DC
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I interpreted it differently. Coulson was a trooper, and a hero. Fury respected that - and that's why he used him to remind Captain friggin America what he was supposed to stand for, too. I think Coulson would be honored.
I agree with you, and to add to that, I think it was Coulson himself who told Fury to do what's needed to give the team the push.

But curious, is--

Spoiler:
__________________
ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:00   Link #204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I interpreted it differently. Coulson was a trooper, and a hero. Fury respected that - and that's why he used him to remind Captain friggin America what he was supposed to stand for, too. I think Coulson would be honored.
As far as I could see, Fury is just willing to do anything to get things done. We have to remember that Nick Fury is NOT a hero. There is a reason he himself isn't a part of the Avengers, despite being the organiser. He is just too extreme. Fury is there to do the dirty things that the real Avengers are not willing to do. And obviously the Avengers team are right not to trust him.

Spoiler for ending:
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 01:39   Link #205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
I agree with you, and to add to that, I think it was Coulson himself who told Fury to do what's needed to give the team the push.

But curious, is--

Spoiler:
Eh. Comic book death.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:33   Link #206
Pink Cow
This is my title.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Philippines
I watched this movie like three times. The first time with a friend (because it was free. LOL). The second time with my cousin, and the third time with my parents in 3D.

I didn't even get tired watching the movie. I enjoyed it so much. And I officially now love IronMan.
__________________

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 21:58   Link #207
Haladflire65
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Normandy SR-2
Age: 19
Just back from The Avengers opening night.

That. Was. So. Much. Fun. I had a wild time. The final battle was exhilarating and everyone got a chance to shine, which I really loved! I liked all the characters and they interacted very well with each other. Loki was a good villain as he was in Thor and Tony was just gold! Awesome one-liners and jokes in there, too - it was fantastic! I didn't like the first half as much but the second totally made me forget about that
__________________
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 04:52   Link #208
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Nice move..i liked it...but..i wanted to see more Super-Hero fight together..


However..i laughed really hard when Captain America has coordinated the super heroes at the end..

Telling everyone what they have to do..but..

HULK...................Destroy...the face that Hulk made...was the best!lol
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 06:05   Link #209
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
This movie was freaking phenomenal. I aim to see it 3 times.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:12   Link #210
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
In terms of Logic, wouldn't Thor and not Captain Rogers be the superior tactician?

America did not enter the Second World War until 1943, and Captain Rogers wasted 6 months of the war's final three years as a glorified "Chorus Girl." So he has 2 and a half years, TOPS, of actual combat experience before going on ice for seventy years.

Whereas Thor has literally over a thousand years of actual combat experience against armies of building sized monstrosities that can literally eat Gods for breakfast.

Not doubting for a second that Captain Rogers is a great warrior ( because he is), but wouldn't Thor logically therefore be the more experienced general in terms of raw CENTURIES of experience as opposed to a mere 2 and a half years?
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:20   Link #211
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
wasn't Thor more of a brute?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:40   Link #212
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Raw mathematics: 1000+ years of experience VS less than 2 and a half years of combat experience. Thor is therefore logically and literally a more experienced tactician and warrior than Captain Rogers.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:47   Link #213
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
eh, doesn't quite work that way

regardless, Thor's official info says he's a master tactician, so I'll leave it at that.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 08:18   Link #214
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
eh, doesn't quite work that way

regardless, Thor's official info says he's a master tactician, so I'll leave it at that.
The problem with Thor, is that he keeps facing off against Loki... And lose the mental game.

It makes Thor look dumb. But Loki is very good at making other people look dumb.

Thor is a smart warrior. It's just that his adopted brother is smarter.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:03   Link #215
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 31
Thor is to naive concerning Loki, that's his problem. He still see's his brother, even right at the end. He doesn't believe the twisted husk he has become. If Asgard had sent someone else, or even if Odin came himself, Loki would probably have had a lot more trouble to begin with.

Also, even if Thor was a cross between Subutai and Napoleon, would (or has any) sovereign nation (planet) accepted a foreigner as leader/figurehead of their armies? A consultant maybe, but the leader? Besides the Asgardians were a potential risk, especially at the start of the movie (they would believe that Earth was about to be invaded by "Gods"). It'd be like... the top general in the US army coming to Australia and telling us what to do. It's a matter of pride, security, and interests.
__________________
Mr Hat and Clogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:19   Link #216
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 27
I saw the Avengers today. Great film. And I loved the surprise during the credits. Can't wait for the future.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:38   Link #217
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Saw the movie twice now. Still a great movie, with a decent mix of Humor,character development and action. However there has been some complains about the humor.
__________________
Anime in progress and enjoying: Persona 4 the golden
Animes on Hold:None
Animes completed:I wanna be the strongest in the world,Super Sonico The Animation, Hajime no Ippo:Rising, Wake up girls,Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 23:50   Link #218
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Loki: Stupid creature! I am a god! I will not be bullied by the likes of ....

*Hulk grabs Loki by the leg and repeatedly stomps his ass into the ground*

Loki: .......... *disbelief*


The entire theater burst into laughter
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:02   Link #219
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
'Twas a lot of fun. Since many have already listed the better moments of the film (the second act of the film is pitch perfect, and Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk/Bruce Banner was amazing and Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow was the most surprising and enlightening aspect of the entire film (every scene with Johansson is pure gold)), I will briefly focus on the worse moments (or at least the moments that did not quite work for me).

The entire first 15 or so minutes were pretty bad (or at least bad compared to much of the rest of the film). I understand that the film had to be properly set-up, but the whole SHIELD and Loki introduction was very hamstringed and forced with little to no preamble and very non-continuous with the previous films. For example, it was never explained how Loki survived, nor was it explained just what was going on at the end of "Thor" when Loki is shown as a reflection of Dr. Erik Selvig (I'm still unclear if Loki was simply observing the conversation between Fury and Selvig, or if Loki was impersonating Selvig, and this is especially confusing considering that Loki makes no reference to this incident in "The Avengers"). Additionally, Jackson is very hammy as Fury early on (he only really settles down in the second act of the film).

Additionally, Captain America/Steve Rogers is given none of the backstory continuity he needs for this film. As a character out-of-time, besides a few jokes made at his expense, none of the tragedy of that experience is shown in the film. I understand wanting to save that for "Captain America 2," but by limiting that aspect for "The Avengers" Whedon greatly limited Steve Rogers character growth and development. (At least Rogers gets more development than Hawkeye/Clint Barton, who has no development and makes very little impact on the film (besides his interaction with Black Widow (who gets some downright amazing and perfectly executed development)).)

Along similar lines, Thor's introduction in the film lacks proper context, at least in regards to the end of "Thor" (which shows the demi-god stranded in his home world without any chance of getting to Earth). I know Anthony Hopkins was probably busy with his Hitchcock film, but couldn't they have still gotten him for a brief 2 minute scene where he could explain just how Thor was getting to Earth (not to mention how they knew to send Thor to Earth). (That being said, Thor's interactions with his brother carry such great emotional weight that his bungled introduction can be easily forgiven.) I still love Chris Hemsworth as Thor (overall, I think almost all the characters have been perfectly cast)...

That being said, there was no true emotional weight to the film. Besides a surprise death at the end of the second act, none of the characters really have any great emotional revelations or, in many respects, made any significant changes. While I love Tom Hiddleston's Loki, I can't help but feel that the film would have been better served if the character had been killed by the end of the movie. In fact, Whedon even tempts us with the one character death that we know with full certainty would never happen (thus eliminating a great deal of said character's growth in the situation). As it stands, "Captain America", "Thor" and to a lesser extent "Iron Man", have greater emotional depth and character growth than "The Avengers".

On a final note, and to list two minor quibbles: Bruce Banner's sudden appearance in the third act makes no sense; and there is no real unifying musical theme in the score, which sadly undercuts nearly everything in the film (especially the more dramatic elements).

Still, this film is pure fun and just shy of being outright great. I eagerly await more from this Marvel Universe, and I hope to see more Avengers in the next film (we've got aliens and high tech, so why not some mutants?). 85/100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Anyone else thought it strange when Rogers confronted Stark? "Take away the armor and what's left?" Is the guy who only served because of super steroids the best person to say that? Loved the answer, though.
To be fair, the Super Soldier Serum only amplifies core qualities and traits within an individual. Rogers was chosen not because he was physically superior, but because even though he lacked the physical strength he still had amazing (and very moral) spiritual strength.

Additionally, Rogers attempted to serve multiple times before he was given the Serum, but he was always rejected due to his physical limitations. So, he didn't "only serve" because of super steroids. Rather, it was because he tried to serve that he was give super steroids.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-05-06 at 01:14.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:11   Link #220
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Joss Wheldon stated yesterday that there will be some sort of director's cut of the movie featuring an additional 30 minutes cutscene. The moment would include the background of Roger's story how he adapt in the modern world and also involving his love interest. I guess they didn't include them in the current theaters because seems like Iron Man is a tad bit more popular than Cap'n America.

Excellent movie btw, already watched it twice in two consecutive days. So in terms of raw powers and fighting skills the way I see it Hulk > Thor > Iron-Man = Cap America >>>>>> Barton = Natasha.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.