AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-01, 19:38   Link #21
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Also, if you go Sword Focus, Frantz needs AP to use his skills in midair.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 01:33   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
What level does the little witch get the scrythe? Is it even in the beta?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 02:01   Link #23
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Level 10.. And what do you mean little witch? Doesn't look '' little '' to me. (Usually mages are lolis in games like these, lol.)

It's a passive skill you must learn before you can equip the scythes.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 00:31   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
While I was looking the other way, this joined the Steam family of games as a F2P. Perhaps some night when the pipes are clear of other downloads...
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:35   Link #25
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Game is in open beta now, though the cap is only level 25.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 13:55   Link #26
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
impression?
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 14:38   Link #27
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Excellent soundtrack and story, though most people who play MMOs don't really care for that. The game is easy and soloable up until level 20 or so, which may be a little boring and repetitive if you're looking for a challenge. It is however a very cool looking game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 20:32   Link #28
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Raftel
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Started playing it, unique gameplay and the graphics are pretty good. This might be the first MMO I can actually get into.


Though, already it's falling into the same flaws that make me hate MMO's anyway~
__________________

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2011-09-26 at 00:17.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:55   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
So theres NO character customization? or is it like VIndictus?
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 00:13   Link #30
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Dist
No character customization because it's story driven with cutscenes and everything. You can use fashion items though (there's free and cash shop ones) to change clothes and hair style.

The game has these single player vibes so much that you'd think the game was supposed to be single player but was transformed into a MMO.

The game is easy yes, if you just want to complete the stages. If however, you're doing a quest and must get S, SS or SSS rank, I highly doubt you can complete those quests solo on Cafe F2, Library F2 and so on.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 01:21   Link #31
Firefly00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
No character customization because it's story driven with cutscenes and everything. You can use fashion items though (there's free and cash shop ones) to change clothes and hair style.

The game has these single player vibes so much that you'd think the game was supposed to be single player but was transformed into a MMO.
Based on what I've seen, I have to agree: this sounds like something that makes more sense as a co-op game in the sense of Guardian Heroes (which will be rereleased in the near future) instead of an MMO. Contrast with Runic Games' approach to the four character classes in Torchlight 2: each of those has male and female models, with each in turn having available a range of hair and face styles.
__________________
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Arc Nova
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 06:19   Link #32
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The character customization (or lack thereof) is nothing new. Other free to play MMOs like Dungeon Fighter Online, Elsword, and Lunia all have preset character models that you can only change through equippable costume/avatar items purchasable through the cash shop, though most people often can market and trade those for ingame gold.

The only difference with Rusty Hearts is that you have the option of crafting costumes ingame, though it's through classic korean MMO style grinding.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 03:23   Link #33
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
i having fun with claw guy. he fast fast AND strong, his attack also easy to combo (slash slash, , strong punch, uppercut!)

contrast with sword guy which fast but weak and hard to control, and Witch which strong have big AoT but very slow
__________________
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 03:37   Link #34
Kreceir
♥~Likes to post Fan art~♥
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derping in League of Legends
Age: 21
i'm playing as Angela there, still waiting for Natasha.
It has a fun game play, but for me after 30 minutes it kinda gets boring.
Though its kinda lonely at the early lvl's.
__________________
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:50   Link #35
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
For those of you still interested, Natasha is coming to the English version on 10/26. There is a possibility that there will be another level cap increase, since PWE said there would be more to the update than just Natasha.

Anyway, for those who want to try this game, I would recommend getting to at least level 20 before making a final decision, because that is the point where you choose a Weapon Focus, the equivalent of class/job advancement in most other MMOs. Only after picking a Weapon Focus do you really see a difference in your weapon choices and getting different skills. It's also after that level where the game picks up and you will see more parties. Enemies get more aggressive and it becomes less favorable to solo. Before then it may get boring because A) you are low level so you don't have very flashy skills and B) the game is easy enough even on Very Hard to solo and still get a decent rank. There's no need to party, so no one parties. Contrast this with say, Guest Villa or Steamworks, places no one wants to solo even if they could.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:21   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
For those of you still interested, Natasha is coming to the English version on 10/26. There is a possibility that there will be another level cap increase, since PWE said there would be more to the update than just Natasha.

Anyway, for those who want to try this game, I would recommend getting to at least level 20 before making a final decision, because that is the point where you choose a Weapon Focus, the equivalent of class/job advancement in most other MMOs. Only after picking a Weapon Focus do you really see a difference in your weapon choices and getting different skills. It's also after that level where the game picks up and you will see more parties. Enemies get more aggressive and it becomes less favorable to solo. Before then it may get boring because A) you are low level so you don't have very flashy skills and B) the game is easy enough even on Very Hard to solo and still get a decent rank. There's no need to party, so no one parties. Contrast this with say, Guest Villa or Steamworks, places no one wants to solo even if they could.
Natasha is the gunslinger, right? Yeah, I'll fire it up for that. And yeah... it just screams solo play to me... but then so does Dragon's Nest and more and more of these "pseudo-mmo" games.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:31   Link #37
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
The game is only solo play as far as the beginner levels. Once you stop being able to get an SSS rank on your own without wasting ressurection scrolls, it's probably better if you party.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 13:04   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The game is only solo play as far as the beginner levels. Once you stop being able to get an SSS rank on your own without wasting ressurection scrolls, it's probably better if you party.
ah good.... I like a mix of solo and grouping in my games. So far I've just been playing haphazardly.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 13:14   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
I'd say you can party from LV9 onwards, it's always fun with more people and you get plenty of cards in the end...plus, you can finally play a support role if that's your thing
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 04:34   Link #40
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
How's this compared to Vindictus?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.