AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-09-19, 14:22   Link #461
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Not that I have anything against Sora, but that sure was a surprising victory over someone of Madoka's tier. Then, I looked at the rest of this. It seems like we have enough evidence to support what this mysterious wrongdoing has been bugging this year's KBM for quite some time. Nice to see some action taking down.
broken270 is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 14:28   Link #462
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Very interesting. Good to know the Administrator is taking these steps to ensure clean results.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the PMMM girls seem to have a bit of a target on their backs. I wouldn't be surprised if this 300+ voting block was specifically targeting them.
All evidence pointed to the voting block deliberately knocking down the MOST POWERFUL girls in sequence. Before KBM start, multiple polls in Korea and anizone.net identified Misaka Mikoto, the 1st girl to go down by the strange vote, as the most likely girl to win by margin of almost 2 to 1 against the 2nd most likely girl to win, Akemi Homura. Homura became , again 2 to 1, favored to win girl after Mikoto's defeat, but it was she who lost to that voting block's influence. After Homura's defeat, Kaname Madoka was considered 2nd most likely girl to win, and as soon as people settled into this opinion ( there was a brief period of confusion after Homura's defeat, during which Madoka beat Mami to advance to top 16 ), Madoka got taken out. It is extremely probable that this voting block deliberately targetted Homura and Madoka when they deemed the threats posed by them were large enough.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 14:47   Link #463
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
To be honest, I'm not all that concerned about "proper voting". The butthurt from whatever result is even more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
All matches from round of 96 will be redone, as none of the round of 96 matches can be determined to be clean from the influence of this multivoter.
I sure hope not. Just imagine Anime Saimoe 2006 being done over again just to "filter" out 4chan's voting.

The idea of a "redo" is far far worse than "improper voting". The results are better off standing as they are. Years ahead, no one will care about the details anyways. It's just a matter of who wins on what given day. And that's that.

Any kind of "fixes" are better off for future competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
It is extremely probable that this voting block deliberately targetted Homura and Madoka when they deemed the threats posed by them were large enough.
I sure hope so! XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2011-09-19 at 15:04.
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 15:36   Link #464
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
To be honest, I'm not all that concerned about "proper voting". The butthurt from whatever result is even more interesting.



I sure hope not. Just imagine Anime Saimoe 2006 being done over again just to "filter" out 4chan's voting.

The idea of a "redo" is far far worse than "improper voting". The results are better off standing as they are. Years ahead, no one will care about the details anyways. It's just a matter of who wins on what given day. And that's that.

Any kind of "fixes" are better off for future competitions.



I sure hope so! XD
Interesting argument. I would love to see what ther replies would be if you post this at http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum .
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 15:49   Link #465
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Interesting argument. I would love to see what ther replies would be if you post this at http://anizone.net/Moet_Inter_Forum .
OK, I saw a post reconfirming the idea of a redo. So, I did just that. I'm headin' over there.
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 15:56   Link #466
Zeroryoko1974
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
They should just scrap the whole tournament
__________________
Zeroryoko1974 is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 16:01   Link #467
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
They should just scrap the whole tournament


If the system is flawed, then they have no choice but to work with the current system. It's too late to "go back". Results were accepted as they were - up-to-this point.

I still have a feeling these "Saimoe" spinoffs occurred because of dissatisfaction with Anime Saimoe results from either 06 or 07. Yet, at the end, that's a good thing, because nothing is wrong with a 2nd or even 3rd opinion on these "polling competitions". Add on the existence of 3 different rulesets, it's like playing with 3 different "pachinko" boards (sorry, been watching Kaiji).

But yea, I just love it when these things come up with "unexpected" or undesired results.
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 16:41   Link #468
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
As posted before, The Administrator finally found enough evidence for the existence of improper voting block, which recruits 300+ new ip address in certain matches of importance and use it to stuff the ballot box. As countermeasure, you now will be required to register in Anizone.net in order to vote. All matches from round of 96 will be redone, as none of the round of 96 matches can be determined to be clean from the influence of this multivoter.
Hmmm interesting, I found the register thing on their page easy enough, but could we get an english version of at the required 6 fields? [I assume email, username, password twice, and something else, but I don't know the order ].
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 16:47   Link #469
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmmm interesting, I found the register thing on their page easy enough, but could we get an english version of at the required 6 fields? [I assume email, username, password twice, and something else, but I don't know the order ].
Yeah, I need this too. A link to an english version of the registration page would be much appreciated.


As for whether or not to do the re-do... In my opinion, its a logistical question. If you can do a re-do without having everything feel insanely rushed, and still finish off the tournament before the next one has to begin, then I strongly support a re-do.

Otherwise, maybe its best to cut your losses.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 16:54   Link #470
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, I need this too. A link to an english version of the registration page would be much appreciated.
Oh wow I am blind , just go to http://anizone.net/index.php?mid=Moe...mberSignUpForm and click english in the top right-ish corner .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 17:00   Link #471
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmmm interesting, I found the register thing on their page easy enough, but could we get an english version of at the required 6 fields? [I assume email, username, password twice, and something else, but I don't know the order ].
Make sure you click 'English' shown below



After that, when you click on '회원가입'



You should see the registration information in English

__________________

Last edited by wontaek; 2011-09-19 at 18:59.
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 17:21   Link #472
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Make sure you click 'English' shown below



After that, when you click on '회원가입'



You should see the registeration information in English

Thanks I noticed it after my first post D:, and voting Hideyoshi just in case things aren't reset .
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 17:47   Link #473
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
Hmmmm.

In theory this will drop the vote numbers even lower than they are now....around or even below Saimoe voting numbers. This leaves ISML as the only "open" large number of voters tourament.

Something just seems off when you get massive numbers for years then everything crashes down to below a thousand votes total again.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 18:28   Link #474
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmmm.

In theory this will drop the vote numbers even lower than they are now....around or even below Saimoe voting numbers. This leaves ISML as the only "open" large number of voters tourament.

Something just seems off when you get massive numbers for years then everything crashes down to below a thousand votes total again.
Well, when something is new, or relatively new, its sheer novelty alone will often attract and excite people.

With this in mind, the various online SaiMoe tournaments haven't been around that long, right?

Maintaining interest in a major event after several years have come and gone can be a tricky thing.

It's also possible that ISML is stealing some voters away from Best Moe.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 18:54   Link #475
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmmm.

In theory this will drop the vote numbers even lower than they are now....around or even below Saimoe voting numbers. This leaves ISML as the only "open" large number of voters tourament.

Something just seems off when you get massive numbers for years then everything crashes down to below a thousand votes total again.
Last year's numbers for voter weren't that high generally until the top 8 started if I remember right though.
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 19:04   Link #476
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, when something is new, or relatively new, its sheer novelty alone will often attract and excite people.

With this in mind, the various online SaiMoe tournaments haven't been around that long, right?

Maintaining interest in a major event after several years have come and gone can be a tricky thing.

It's also possible that ISML is stealing some voters away from Best Moe.
On the last point, I disagree with conviction. KBM used to have thousands of Korean voters. ISML still have not attracted even quarter of these Koreans to vote. Last year, International Voter percentage among voters topped 30% for the first time in KBM history. Many of these International Voters got to know of KBM through ISML. ISML's use of KBM data for autoqualification during 2008 to 2011 has made it possible for KBM to maintain their wikipedia page in Korean side. As far as I know, ISML and KBM benefited from each other very much.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 22:04   Link #477
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
KBM will restart from round of 96 again, since the administrator nowis certain of the existence of improper voting block of size around 300 beyond reasonable doubt.
Just when I thought I'd be struggling until the bitter end to support all my favorites who were getting shot down one by one , I wake up and see news akin to a deus ex machina in a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
All evidence pointed to the voting block deliberately knocking down the MOST POWERFUL girls in sequence. Before KBM start, multiple polls in Korea and anizone.net identified Misaka Mikoto, the 1st girl to go down by the strange vote, as the most likely girl to win by margin of almost 2 to 1 against the 2nd most likely girl to win, Akemi Homura. Homura became , again 2 to 1, favored to win girl after Mikoto's defeat, but it was she who lost to that voting block's influence. After Homura's defeat, Kaname Madoka was considered 2nd most likely girl to win, and as soon as people settled into this opinion ( there was a brief period of confusion after Homura's defeat, during which Madoka beat Mami to advance to top 16 ), Madoka got taken out. It is extremely probable that this voting block deliberately targetted Homura and Madoka when they deemed the threats posed by them were large enough.
I knew it, some of those upsets had to be assassinations, and it felt like foul play was involved somehow. Now it's official.

The redo is both good news and bad news at the same time, bad news because it confirms the integrity of the tournament has been severely compromised during its run so far, and good news because action is being taken to correct this, and every fallen candidate thus far gets a fair chance at glory again. Shall I say timeline reset?

One question, if the tournament restarts at the round of 96 as planned, will there also be redraws or will the matchups/groupings stay the same as the past round of 96 groupings earlier in this tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for whether or not to do the re-do... In my opinion, its a logistical question. If you can do a re-do without having everything feel insanely rushed, and still finish off the tournament before the next one has to begin, then I strongly support a re-do.
I agree with this, I support a re-do if the main tournament can be done again in a reasonable amount of time before the year ends.

Also, voted Kanade just in case, I'm not letting my guard down.
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 22:08   Link #478
Triple_R
"...Why?!", Sailor Faerie
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Just when I thought I'd be struggling until the bitter end to support all my favorites who were getting shot down one by one , I wake up and see news akin to a deus ex machina in a story.
Madoka died to save all the vanquished Best Moe SaiMoe girls from being victimized by witches using multiple IPs to cheat.


Quote:

The redo is both good news and bad news at the same time, bad news because it confirms the integrity of the tournament has been severely compromised during its run so far, and good news because action is being taken to correct this, and every fallen candidate thus far gets a fair chance at glory again. Shall I say timeline reset?
lol
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 22:11   Link #479
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Shall I say timeline reset?
Why must Homura suffer all that despair?! Why?!?!?!?!?!
Kyuu is offline  
Old 2011-09-19, 22:20   Link #480
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Just when I thought I'd be struggling until the bitter end to support all my favorites who were getting shot down one by one , I wake up and see news akin to a deus ex machina in a story.



I knew it, some of those upsets had to be assassinations, and it felt like foul play was involved somehow. Now it's official.

The redo is both good news and bad news at the same time, bad news because it confirms the integrity of the tournament has been severely compromised during its run so far, and good news because action is being taken to correct this, and every fallen candidate thus far gets a fair chance at glory again. Shall I say timeline reset?

One question, if the tournament restarts at the round of 96 as planned, will there also be redraws or will the matchups/groupings stay the same as the past round of 96 groupings earlier in this tournament?



I agree with this, I support a re-do if the main tournament can be done again in a reasonable amount of time before the year ends.

Also, voted Kanade just in case, I'm not letting my guard down.

Yes, the groups for the round of 96 will be redrawn.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
moe, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.