AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-24, 02:29   Link #1
Shadow.Royalty
Cherry

Cool

Hey guys, I'm deeply troubled, I LIKE anime but I LOVE MANGA MORE. you see, I'm a Very specific person, I don't know if you can meet my expectations but, oh well, here's what i have in mind
. As the topic denotes, i don't want a love triangle ( i just think I'll be sad if the other character ( by all means a girl) is jealous or at least hurt )
. any manga will do for me.
. i really liked it if the guys realizes his feelings for the girl, and the girl has completely no idea.
. i don't like a very obsessed girl ( although an obsessive guy would be alright ) like changing her gender just for the boy.
. i really like a school type manga too.
. and if the guy is so jealous that he has to use all his power just to eliminate the other guy.
. And it would be better if the girl don't really have any romantic feelings for that guy but later on learns to love him
[ SEE I TOLD YOU I WAS SPECIFIC! ]
These are the mangas i finished with my exact description.
. Special A
. Ouran High School Host Club
. Saruyama
. Kare Kano
. Love Monster
. Beast Master
. Yorushiku Master
. Dear Mine
. Hana ni Arashi
. Faster than a Kiss ( not really finished yet )
. Happy Hustle High
. Zenbu Chodai
. Bloody Kiss
. . . . .
That's all i could think that i read that best fit my description. I'm running out of mangas to read, HELP ME Thank You So Much

Last edited by Skyfall; 2011-07-30 at 15:48.
Old 2011-07-24, 03:06   Link #2
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author

this...probably belongs on the general anime thread, or manga thread...if we have that
Old 2011-07-24, 03:32   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don't know if this suit your taste, but surely you've heard of Bakuman, right? I think it fits all of your description, though I only read 'till chapter 10 so far. So, I don't know (yet) if there are any love competitors for the main character in later chapters. It's very detail about techniques, but the focus is for how the main character (a highschool boy) can be a great mangaka so that he can marry the girl he love.
Old 2011-07-24, 04:38   Link #4
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

This totally belongs in the suggestions thread.
Old 2011-07-24, 13:13   Link #5
Ellie97

Suki-tte li na yo definatley fits your description well, it's the guy who likes the girl so I think you'll like it. No love triangles, set in school and no obsessive main character girl. I really loved it so I hope you do too
Old 2011-07-24, 19:41   Link #6
Shingai-san

I just found a manga the other day that fits nearly all of your criteria. It's called Orange Marmalade. Absolutely amazing.

Ararararagi
Old 2011-07-26, 18:22   Link #7
poisui

Kimi ni Todoke the manga is probably your safest bet. In fact, the girl is clueless about the male protagonist's feelings until deeper in the series.

Aishiteru ze Baby the manga is not your traditional romance manga because the male protagonist has to take care of a little girl. I assure you that there is romance involved-- not with the little girl-- later on into the story.

By the way, they are both high school romance.
Old 2011-07-26, 22:41   Link #8
Akashin

Kaichou wa Maid-sama? It deviates a little bit from your request, but on the whole I think it fits, I think. Would have to ask my brother, since I didn't go anywhere near that anime (and thus can't speak for its quality, though I didn't hear anything about it being bad). Honestly I'm drawing almost nothing here, since your request is pretty much the anti-thesis of my preferences.
Old 2011-07-29, 07:57   Link #9
Shadow.Royalty
Cherry

To all of You I'm so sorry if this post must belong to the Suggestion thread. you see, I'm kinda new to this.
And to all of those who suggested I'm so thankful. I'll make sure I'll go check those manga
Old 2011-07-29, 08:06   Link #10
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well it KINDA has a love triangle of two boys and one girl, but I'd still recommend Strobe Edge, as the triangle isn't really imposed upon typically. It does fit with some of the criteria though, and I thought it was a standard, yet very enjoyable read.
Old 2011-07-30, 05:38   Link #11
Shadow.Royalty
Cherry

Talking Reverse Harem or No Love Triangle

Hey Guys!
I'd like to know what are your suggestions, as you can see in the title.
i love a manga where there are no love triangle, or if there is i want many guys who fight over a girl.
you may be asking why this is what i want.
> it's just because i REALLY HATE when a girl is hurt. or so.
and if possible the girl shouldn't be just a unknown girl. it's best if the girl is somewhat maybe beautiful, smart, fun, loves to smile. and about the boy it's better if he's not completely a jerk. like maybe hot! cool
Oh and if possible, the boy first falls in love with the girl and the girl eventually/ learns to love him.
THANKS GUYS!
Old 2011-07-30, 07:37   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Saiunkoku Monogatari, perhaps?
Old 2011-07-30, 12:41   Link #13
Elegance

Fushigi Yuugi
Old 2011-07-30, 13:36   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Aren't most of shoujo mangas fit your description very well? Things like Vampire Knight or something?
Old 2011-07-30, 13:50   Link #15
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Aren't most of shoujo mangas fit your description very well? Things like Vampire Knight or something?
I wouldn't consider VK as something that fits his request..
Old 2011-07-30, 13:59   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
I wouldn't consider VK as something that fits his request..
Sorry, my bad. I've never actually read VK. All I know about it is a girl surrounded by vampire boys. That's why I put "...or something?" on my post, coz I'm not certain about it.
Old 2011-07-30, 14:49   Link #17
Elegance

Alot of people love vk. I didnt. It was a bit slow to me.
Old 2011-07-30, 15:31   Link #18
Akashin

I gave up on VK around when it started villainizing Kaname, and never bothered to see if it got better after that. Wasn't too interested in it up until then anyway, so it was no major loss.

Anyway, Ouran High School Host Club more or less fits what you're looking for. It has been a while since I saw it (it has a manga, to fit your request), but I don't recall it being bad.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:15   Link #19
Shadow.Royalty
Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I gave up on VK around when it started villainizing Kaname, and never bothered to see if it got better after that. Wasn't too interested in it up until then anyway, so it was no major loss.

Anyway, Ouran High School Host Club more or less fits what you're looking for. It has been a while since I saw it (it has a manga, to fit your request), but I don't recall it being bad.
Yeah, I currently finished ouran, And yeah, it's really good.
Old 2011-08-02, 03:20   Link #20
Shadow.Royalty
Cherry

Oh, and guys, if possible, I don't want any manga that includes Fighting or Action. I prefer School Type more.
Closed Thread