AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better: FMP 1 or 2
Season 1 28 31.82%
Season 2 38 43.18%
Equal 22 25.00%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 14:38   Link #21
nimue
Oversoul

I like season 2 better, I prefer the comedy
Old 2003-11-06, 22:59   Link #22
tanuki

Season 1 focused mainly on action with romance/comedy moments spread across episodes during the season as sort of an interlude or intermission for the viewers. Think in a way this was the better season because it did a fair job of trying to please a diverse audience interested in different things (action, comedy, romance, etc.). Season 2 though mainly deals with comedy, and not much in the way of serious action or romance has been seen in the episodes so far. If the viewer is interested mainly in watching comedy and can accept a series of standalone episodes with no story arc to link them together, then they would probably enjoy FMP 2. But for anyone that wanted FMP 2 to be like FMP 1, they may come away somewhat disappointed.
Old 2003-11-10, 09:35   Link #23
DwArD
mAnIaC

Disappointed? Not quite...I loved the action and romance in FMP and I also loved FMPF too! In fact, I loved action, romance, and comedy!!! But I prefer FMP due to its mecha! The main highlight in FMPF is....BONTA-KUN! Wahahaz!
Old 2003-11-11, 17:56   Link #24
karasu
ee.. nande?!

Send a message via AIM to karasu
Someone mentioned a while ago a problem they had with season 1 that I thought really highlighted why I didn't like it: There was absolutely no motivation behind Gaulin's character. He was just a simple, 2 dimentional villan. There was no real reason or explanation about what and why regarding Mithril, and in the end they tried to play this completely lighthearted sci-fi story way way too heavy.

The drama in FMP! just struck me as misplaced and pointless.

Whereas in FMP? Fumoffu they play off these exact short comings to comedic advantage beautifully. Plus the small mixings of drama are just right.

I have to say Fumoffu is better, but don't get me wrong, I watched FMP! and didn't hate it. I just think they did Fumoffu much much better.
Old 2003-11-11, 18:21   Link #25
Jasio

I believe that you cant compare the two seasons although they are of the same anime. The reason behind this is, one season has to do with story, plot, and of course mecha combat. It also had to do with the mission of protecting Chidori and making sure that Gaul didnt get his hands on some things he shouldnt. Basically it was your usual struggle between protagonist and antagonsit.

Season 2, is something completely different. It has nothing to do with the world around Mithril anymore but rather is a romance/comedy going on between Sagara, Chidori, and Tessa. There is no relevance to the actual plot, but rather just development of a relationship. It's almost like two seperate anime's.

Though, if I were to vote, I'd say they are equal because both deliver what they promised. Season 1 delivered the "goods" with the story, plot, and development of the world around FMP, while Season 2 gave us the "softy" stuff which was the expansion of Sagara's and Chidori's relationship outside of Mithirl.

Those are my 2.67cents (gotta keep up with the exchange rate these days -_- )
Old 2003-11-17, 05:38   Link #26
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I like S2 more then S1, im a sucker for comedy.
Old 2003-11-17, 12:19   Link #27
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I would go for equal too (although I voted season 1). I thought the first few highschool episodes of season 1 sucked but it was the mech action later in the series that got me hooked. The lamda driver mechs are probably the coolest I've ever seen. The highschool scenes in season2 are definately better than the ones in season 1
Closed Thread