AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 13:02   Link #941
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder. Bigger utility bill, but no rent! Taxes might be a bitch, though. And longer commute might make it harder for him to get several jobs.
I suspect that, with access to the house and the blessing of the family, he may receive financial assistance from insurance now too, both in trust for the girls, but also for him (from his older sister). So hopefully he won't need to work too many jobs now. (Also, of course, he could get the jobs near their home, even though he has to commute to school.)
Old 2012-03-29, 14:12   Link #942
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Doesn't really matter where the jobs are, though I suspect there are more of them close to university. The time he spends commuting is time he isn't working. I guess he could try to study a bit, if he can manage his schedule so he takes the train when it's not crowded.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 14:32   Link #943
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Doesn't really matter where the jobs are, though I suspect there are more of them close to university. The time he spends commuting is time he isn't working. I guess he could try to study a bit, if he can manage his schedule so he takes the train when it's not crowded.
Well, sure, but I suspect his lifestyle will now change in such a way where it doesn't matter that he isn't spending his every free moment working. With the help of the insurance money and some careful budgeting, he should be able to work on the weekends and during the months that he's not in school, which is how a lot of university students do it.
Old 2012-03-29, 15:04   Link #944
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well with the blessing of other families, i'm sure that Yuuta also received some financial help from them (maybe for Hina, Miu and Sora school's expenses)

It is good for them to move to their home.
At least only one of them is commuting far away...
Well Yuuta is in university and has more freedom to adjust their schedule...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 15:13   Link #945
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
First part of the last episode... T-T... But, it ended on such a great note! They decided to give the house over to Yuuta, that's a big plus with a family of that size. It'll also make going to and from school several times easier on the girls.

Only thing I'm upset about is that they had to opt for an anime original ending... Here's hoping for more of this series somewhere down the line!
Old 2012-03-29, 15:54   Link #946
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Only thing I'm upset about is that they had to opt for an anime original ending...
As far as I understand it, isn't this an ending that's pretty much in line with the original source, minus a few details? Is anything of consequence changed?
Old 2012-03-29, 15:59   Link #947
Ruby Princess

As someone who lost her parents to a plane crash when I was the same age as Hina (January 17th 1993), this series resonated with me deeply. The girls are truly lucky to have Yuuta for an uncle.
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:14   Link #948
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As far as I understand it, isn't this an ending that's pretty much in line with the original source, minus a few details? Is anything of consequence changed?
I was pretty sure that the series is on-going.
Old 2012-03-29, 16:23   Link #949
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, yes... but, from what I understand at least, the ending we were shown in the anime is (essentially -- see last page for some deviations) the same as the end of Volume 1 of the novel. So if the anime were to continue into a future season, it could just pick up from Volume 2 and continue. To be more specific...

Spoiler for Comparison to Novel 1 ending:

Sort of like I was saying before, this whole anime is basically a prologue to the real story that begins with what happened at the very end of episode 12.
Old 2012-03-29, 16:57   Link #950
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara the Mahou Shojo View Post
As someone who lost her parents to a plane crash when I was the same age as Hina (January 17th 1993), this series resonated with me deeply. The girls are truly lucky to have Yuuta for an uncle.
I'd like that to add that the inverse is true as well: Yuuta is very lucky to have such amazing, considerate (overly considerate IMO) nieces who seem quite perceptive of their situation and don't want to "bother" anyone. To me, such an idealistic portrayal of children is more "unrealistic" than the fact that a broke college student is raising a family by themselves. I actually think the latter is a more common situation than some people think. However the emotional support and love you receive from the people you're taking care of can make the struggle much easier. Yuuta is fully aware that these girls appreciate what he's doing, and that really makes a difference for parents in general.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:38   Link #951
Dr. Casey

Quote:
So all that to say... dealing with grief isn't necessarily up-front, in-your-face and all at once. Rather, it's subtle, subversive, and tends to fester over time.
That's very true, but their outward grief is so incredibly muted that I just find it hard to believe that any group of kids might honestly remain so composed as Sora and Miu did (Particularly a 14 year old girl that's emotional enough and dramatic enough to throw a fit and act moody because the guy she likes saw her naked). There doesn't seem to be even any subtle changes in the girls' demeanors, there's hardly any moments where their pain catches up to them and causes them to hurt or withdraw or act pained in any way... even whenever someone's pain and grief is subtle it leaves a mark that's more apparent than what's happened here. I mean, I could understand them reaching this stage where their pain is more dull, muted and under their control given some time, but wasn't their karaoke session literally the next day after learning about the fact that their parents died? To be able to have that sort of fun without missing a beat, smiling and laughing the entire time with nothing about your body language or demeanor signaling the fact that you've undergone a horrible trauma in the past twenty-four hours, is something I just have trouble imagining. I'll keep your post in mind should I ever watch the series again, though, since you speak with such conviction; I'm admittedly not always the most observant person, so subtlety is sometimes lost on me and there might be a lot of things I failed to notice.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 22:02   Link #952
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is just so sweet Raika as a mom and Yuuta 4 girls living in a house
Did any one else think that Sako voice sounded like a 50 year old pervert

8/10
Old 2012-03-29, 22:09   Link #953
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
First part of the last episode... T-T... But, it ended on such a great note! They decided to give the house over to Yuuta, that's a big plus with a family of that size. It'll also make going to and from school several times easier on the girls.

Only thing I'm upset about is that they had to opt for an anime original ending... Here's hoping for more of this series somewhere down the line!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara the Mahou Shojo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, yes... but, from what I understand at least, the ending we were shown in the anime is (essentially -- see last page for some deviations) the same as the end of Volume 1 of the novel. So if the anime were to continue into a future season, it could just pick up from Volume 2 and continue. To be more specific...

Spoiler for Comparison to Novel 1 ending:

Sort of like I was saying before, this whole anime is basically a prologue to the real story that begins with what happened at the very end of episode 12.
Well, they've made some critical changes (to people) that will made it quite difficult to adapt volume 2 faithfully. Of course, volume 1 was not entirely faithful anyway. That is not to say it can't have another season. They can just take parts of volume 2 and patch it with other stuff, maybe blending the manga spinoffs again. Then go on to volume 3. I think Volume 4 will be a good volume to end if there's a season 2.
Old 2012-03-30, 05:02   Link #954
ShiroiRyu

How good are the sales ?
If we can hope for season 2 or not. XD

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 09:43   Link #955
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

9/10

I'm totally okay with this anime original ending...

so Yuuta decided to do a proposal before a confession... nice!!! and Sora become more straight-forward girl now...

Hina totally owned this episode (and this anime too)
feel glad that finally those adults decide to support their life.

so in the end?? are they moving to bigger apartment or to the girls' old house??
too bad they should leave their neighbour and that nice city

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 10:40   Link #956
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
How good are the sales ?
If we can hope for season 2 or not. XD
Well, I think sales of the game and increased sales of the novels and various manga will also factor into it. The Blu-Ray sales for volume 1 were fairly middling -- not a disaster, but not generally what would be seen as "sequel territory" in the strictest sense. We'll see also if the DVDs contribute anything to the totals when the first DVD is released in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'm totally okay with this anime original ending...
I guess I just have a different definition of what an "anime original ending" is...
Old 2012-03-30, 10:58   Link #957
GDB

Quote:
sales of the game
Wait, what?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:10   Link #958
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wait, what?
The PSP game. Bandai Namco is one of the show's production partners, and even had a bunch of TV spots right on the first anime Blu-Ray volume, so they're pushing it pretty hard. That's why I suspect, if the game manages to sell well, it could still open the door to a sequel even if the Blu-Ray sales are average. But we'll see...
Old 2012-03-30, 11:40   Link #959
GDB

I fear for what content that game may have to follow recent trends set by Oreimo and Madoka.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:41   Link #960
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I fear for what content that game may have to follow recent trends set by Oreimo and Madoka.
What, Madoka has "pregnant" endings too?

Tags
light novel adaptation, romantic comedy, shounen