AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 16:56   Link #501
Tenzen12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh.gee.san View Post
Could the elder Chihaya now be a human/nanomaterial hybrid? Was that Musashi's own core she was holding or a blank one (notice that it's dark)? A blank one would make sense if she had to build a body from scratch for him.
Actualy I was thinking same thing for while. Shouzou was seriously(?) injured and we know that nanomaterials can create very detailed cells. Use it for artifical organs would be logical step.

But about core I would say it was hers, or to be exact it was one of hers (two cores) and is used keep Shouzou and his hybrid body alive.

I don't think cores can be mass-produced, if it was case fog might as well replace Nagara instead of looking for remaints.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 17:32   Link #502
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I was thinking same thing for while. Shouzou was seriously(?) injured and we know that nanomaterials can create very detailed cells. Use it for artifical organs would be logical step.

But about core I would say it was hers, or to be exact it was one of hers (two cores) and is used keep Shouzou and his hybrid body alive.

I don't think cores can be mass-produced, if it was case fog might as well replace Nagara instead of looking for remaints.
so he is forced to cooperate with the fog to remain alive?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 17:35   Link #503
Shinon

can the sunk ships even get new one or make new ones from nanomaterials so they can be in action again such as forr hyuuga or takao?
Old 2013-10-17, 17:59   Link #504
Tenzen12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Who knows, but personaly I am leaning toward theory that it Musashi just saved her "papa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
can the sunk ships even get new one or make new ones from nanomaterials so they can be in action again such as forr hyuuga or takao?
There is no reason why not. Hyuuga proved she can control nanomaterials even now. Probably only Problem would be get amount big enough for new one, which doesn't seem to be so axiomatic (not sure if I use this word correctly here).
Old 2013-10-17, 19:42   Link #505
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
I think he actually adopted Musashi

Quote:
We already knew there are Fog Ports exist somewhere (loaded with nanomateral), and nanomaterial is as flexible as playdough to the Fog. we saw how Takao had her mental modal repaired, so with enough of it, they can get back their vessels no problem.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 20:46   Link #506
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

And Gunzou saw someone like her burn...
Aehm... Chapter?
Either way though, we know they can replicate humas almost perfectly using nanomaterial, and the fire was also a mysterious one if I remember that right.

Perfect opportunity to retrieve her mental model for Yamato.
I also think it was said in an O-make or in a Chapter that Kotone-Yamato was the first one (Or they didn't say it and she just behaves that way) - yet when Gunzo was on Musashi's deck she wasn't there, only the other Yamato.

My guess is that she has been on land that time.

Quote:

I agree its her core, and I thought about the Cyborg stuff too.
Its a valid explaination of why she was holding her core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
We already knew there are Fog Ports exist somewhere (loaded with nanomateral), and nanomaterial is as flexible as playdough to the Fog. we saw how Takao had her mental modal repaired, so with enough of it, they can get back their vessels no problem.
One of the O-Make Quantum channels actually has a survay what the ships want.

Takao wanted a new ship...
Yamato a crew.
Musashi... Well more weapons lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 23:44   Link #507
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Aehm... Chapter?
Either way though, we know they can replicate humas almost perfectly using nanomaterial, and the fire was also a mysterious one if I remember that right.

I also think it was said in an O-make or in a Chapter that Kotone-Yamato was the first one (Or they didn't say it and she just behaves that way) - yet when Gunzo was on Musashi's deck she wasn't there, only the other Yamato.

Which reminds me of something else: Haruna said that Yamato was the first Fog ship to obtain a Mental Model and it happened "2 years ago" at the time she mentioned it.

There had to be something that happened during that "2 years ago" that made the Fog ships able to materialize Mental Models and thus gain sentience.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 02:18   Link #508
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
There had to be something that happened during that "2 years ago" that made the Fog ships able to materialize Mental Models and thus gain sentience.
Actually all of you are glossing over the OTHER important line in the conversation -- that Yamato vanished for 17 years after the Great Sea Battle. That's more than enough for her to infiltrate human society, and long enough for her to be Gunzou's childhood friend.
Old 2013-10-18, 03:20   Link #509
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually all of you are glossing over the OTHER important line in the conversation -- that Yamato vanished for 17 years after the Great Sea Battle. That's more than enough for her to infiltrate human society, and long enough for her to be Gunzou's childhood friend.
... Yeah, I forgot about that.

The plot thickens.

Dun dun duun.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:23   Link #510
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
thats what im thinking, mental model doesnt choose their appearance (...right?), its too much for a coincidence that yamato mental model look like kotono
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:25   Link #511
DLRevan

Just poking in here to say hi. I contacted RRW about helping out with proofreading (along with Arael I assume).

I'm new here, but I want to chip in where I can. Other than that I guess I'll be joining the discussion here too. Cheers!
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 03:27   Link #512
herbert

Quote:
Gunzo said he sank one cruiser before attacking Hyuga and Myoko seemingly held a grudge against I-401. Chances are that Myoko was sunk by Gunzo and then rebuilt.
Old 2013-10-18, 03:34   Link #513
Tenzen12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Aehm... Chapter?

Chapter 6, and non of this is exclussive with what I said.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-10-18 at 19:34.
Old 2013-10-18, 09:26   Link #514
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Gunzo said he sank one cruiser before attacking Hyuga and Myoko seemingly held a grudge against I-401. Chances are that Myoko was sunk by Gunzo and then rebuilt.
Gunzo said he had sunk an entire fleet. Okay, maybe I did exaggerate a little,
but a couple of ships at least, ranging from small to big.
------
I see lots of proof readers, I wonder who's doing what this time about the actual scanslation for C49?
Old 2013-10-18, 11:26   Link #515
herbert

Quote:
Gunzo said he had sunk an entire fleet. Okay, maybe I did exaggerate a little,
but a couple of ships at least, ranging from small to big.
------
I see lots of proof readers, I wonder who's doing what this time about the actual scanslation for C49?
He sank one destroyer, one light cruiser, one heavy cruiser, one submarine and then Hyuga. I have no idea which ships he sank except the heavy cruiser was likely Myoko.
Old 2013-10-18, 18:54   Link #516
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
He sank one destroyer, one light cruiser, one heavy cruiser, one submarine and then Hyuga. I have no idea which ships he sank except the heavy cruiser was likely Myoko.
maybe it's the last of Takao's sister, Chokai. Since she was never mentioned in the manga anywhere. I hope not though, all the TaKao-series deserves real love.
Old 2013-10-19, 00:06   Link #517
NHunter

Quote:
There might actually be more of the smaller ships he had sunk. Those listed were in order of getting bigger and meaner (save for the sub? though, as we know thanks to I-401, submarines can be VERY dangerous. Even in this era), not just that he sank this one and this one and that one vessel.

Quote:
Tim yy, you know who did it already and when ^^ and where too, as well... though, the "Fog theater" is missing from that one translation.
NHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 05:04   Link #518
DLRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
Tim yy, you know who did it already and when ^^ and where too, as well... though, the "Fog theater" is missing from that one translation.
How many people are working on the scanlation so far anyway?
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 05:11   Link #519
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
How many people are working on the scanlation so far anyway?
well current structure

Main Translator: Cosmic Eagle (Japan)
Secondary Translator: Tim yy (Chinese)
Editing: Me
QC: Arael

Cosmic is currently busy. so nothing i can really do other than cleaning the page -_-
Old 2013-10-19, 06:03   Link #520
NHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well current structure

Main Translator: Cosmic Eagle (Japan)
Secondary Translator: Tim yy (Chinese)
Editing: Me
QC: Arael

Cosmic is currently busy. so nothing i can really do other than cleaning the page -_-
I have done Chinese -> English translation and currently waiting for Tim yy to approve / present the list of what needs to be fixed. *shrugs* so far the Gunzou & Hyuuga arc is approved, while the second half of the chapter apparently still needs some fixes.

yes, I know that I'm not from your team and is kinda stealing your spotlight, but... I was bored as there was nothing to do between the sprints @ my job, so.. ^^
NHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen